CS Boots Ford Wore - Cotton Duck or No Cotton Duck?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

CS Boots Ford Wore - Cotton Duck or No Cotton Duck?

Post by IndyRiv »

I haven't come across this yet and having looked at various stills, couldn't pinpoint it, but...

With the CS boots - does anyone know if Ford's had the cotton duck liner in them yet, or if they were a new distressed batch that has just the leather liner on the inside? I know Aldens currently (if I'm not mistaken) only offer a leather liner and not the cotton duck anymore.

With the first 3 films, they used boots that had the cotton duck liner in them; however, since this last film occurred so long after the other 3, I thought maybe those boots didn't have them as they were unavailable, at least to the general public.

So if anyone knows or has seen a good close-up of the boots, either in person or at the traveling Indy exhibit, I'm interested in your observations.

:TOH:
sithspawn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: CS Boots Ford Wore - Cotton Duck or No Cotton Duck?

Post by sithspawn »

I think it's just been in the last few years that Alden has used the leather. Those boots were from 2007 so they would have used the cotton duck.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Yes they had the cotton

Kyle
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

Thanks guys for the definitive answer on this.

Do you know - is it still possible to request a custom order with cotton duck for these boots yet? Wish they'd kept that or at least offer it as an option.