Swain Adeney Brigg SHOP CLOSED

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Snapbrim76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Swain Adeney Brigg SHOP CLOSED

Post by Snapbrim76 »

Hi guys,

I went down St James Street the other day and it seems Swain have moved location as the whole shop is empty and closed down. I will do my best to get a photo of the map of the new location and post it here as soon as I can.

So sad, I once met Richard Swales in there back in 2001 when HJ were on the ground floor. Then they moved downstairs and now, who knows? I'll find out soon. :TOH:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Swain Adeney Brigg SHOP CLOSED

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Taken from their website:
Our new London store will be opening Autumn 2012
Swaine Adeney Brigg
Email: enquiries@swaineadeney.co.uk
Telephone: 0207 409 7277

25 Blenheim Avenue
West Raynham Park
Fakenham
Norfolk
NR21 7PA

Telephone: 01328 83890

And since I was at their site I was cruising around and read the page on The Poet. At the bottom is this:
PLEASE NOTE THIS HAT MUST NOT BE WORN IN HEAVY RAIN, IT IS IS MADE OF NATURAL FIBRES AND IF IT GETS TOO WET IT MAY SHRINK
:(

This is from just above the warning
The adventurer 'Indy' hat is enormously popular and as soon as the hat is put on, creates a handsome rugged look. The Poet hat like the Indiana Jones movies remains a classic and unforgettable masterpiece.
Really, don't wear your adventurer hat in the rain? :( :(

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

"All show, no go"? ;)

Regard! Michaelson
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Yeah, well when the same website sells $500 umbrellas I guess there's incentive to say, "don't get your hat wet."

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:lol:

:M: :tup:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

:rolling:
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Well, I will say this: They certainly do hold a high standard in regards to 'truth in advertsing 8) !" W>
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

Has anyone here been able to get in touch with them via email lately? I ask only because I emailed them last week and still haven't received a reply yet so figure either they're trying to sort out the email clutter in the midst of the big move or else my email didn't warrant a reply in their eyes. :TOH:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

They do say 'heavy rain' and with the sort of rain we've been seeing here I don't blame 'em! We've had monsoon like downpours here for weeks.

I was concerned when I saw the Norfolk address at the end of the post, I'd thought they'd 'retreated' back to the manufacturing location. But then read properly and realised it said they would have a new London location later in 2012. Although, not the sort of shop that I can afford, it's nice to know that there are shops like that still around, for the beautiful luggage if not for the Indy hats any more.