The original Red Wing boots

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

The original Red Wing boots

Post by Mark Brody »

As I was looking at Todd's latest shipment of boots (I can't wait to get some), I read in the description about the Red Wings that were originally picked for the role. I've wondered it for years, but never asked - What style of Red Wing boots was selected for the costume before Ford brought his Aldens on set?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: The original Red Wing boots

Post by Michaelson »

The story we were told by Deborah was they were Red Wings 1905 style work boots.

Not sure what the model number was, but maybe Lee Keppler will see this thread and pop in with a comment.

Regards !Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

A basic Google image search brought up this:

I guess the Aldens were "close enough." :lol:
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

Cool beans. I was never a big moc toe fan, so the flat stitching of the Aldens is more appealing to me than the stand up seams on those boots. I also prefer black soles, so... lucky me that Harrison brought his boots along for the journey (except that I'll never be able to afford them). I guess I'm still saving up for Todd's.
PyramidBlaster
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: "Tampa, Florida--Or, how I learned to stop worrying, and love the Bomb..."

Post by PyramidBlaster »

A few of us around here picked up the 'Rugged' version that J. Crew put out a while back---Black soles with an actual heel. I like them a lot.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28494&p=407637&hil ... ds#p407637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;