Update list for whip orders.

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Update list for whip orders.

Post by G-Roberts »

OK guys, I am truly f####ed to tell you the truth. I've buried my head in the sand. I can't even afford to buy my kids Christmas presents this year.You can all be as ticked off with me as you like but at the moment there is truly nothing I can do. Yes I had your money and I feel like #### for that and I'm not a thief, but when you have nothing what would you do? I WILL deliver these whips but when, I do not know. I don't want anyone to understand my situation because I wouldn't wish my situation on anyone. If I had the money you would all be refunded. I have no control over this at all. I've tried my best to find work with no success! If I could meet you all face to face and you take your anger out on me I would because I feel nothing any more but guilt and I'm ashamed to call myself a man! If you have a problem with me then be man enough to call me PM me for my number!!!!!!!! Then again, its easy to slag someone off over the phone!!
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Graeme...

I think most of these problems (complaint here especially) have come about directly because you didn't communicate with your clients about what was going on and what you were facing... Saying
I don't want anyone to understand my situation because I wouldn't wish my situation on anyone.
doesn't help anyone understand or be able to help, since you're closing yourself off from all the advice and help that we might be able to give? Perhaps it would be a good idea to explain what's going on in detail, since then people will be able to help, and also know what the situation is regarding their goods...People here have been very understanding..No one is doing much more here than pointing out that your delivery was promised and you failed to meet it...And while there may be some anger with those comments, no one is "slagging you off" mate....We're all here to help...

But ya gotta let us?

Explain the situation and why you can't fulfill your promised goods and go from there..With understanding, no one could blame you unless it's in your control to change the situation?

Throw it out there and ask for help? I'm sure people would understand....

Regards..
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

fifthchamber wrote:Graeme...

I think most of these problems (complaint here especially) have come about directly because you didn't communicate with your clients about what was going on and what you were facing... Saying
I don't want anyone to understand my situation because I wouldn't wish my situation on anyone.
doesn't help anyone understand or be able to help, since you're closing yourself off from all the advice and help that we might be able to give? Perhaps it would be a good idea to explain what's going on in detail, since then people will be able to help, and also know what the situation is regarding their goods...People here have been very understanding..No one is doing much more here than pointing out that your delivery was promised and you failed to meet it...And while there may be some anger with those comments, no one is "slagging you off" mate....We're all here to help...

But ya gotta let us?

Explain the situation and why you can't fulfill your promised goods and go from there..With understanding, no one could blame you unless it's in your control to change the situation?

Throw it out there and ask for help? I'm sure people would understand....

Regards..
He's already stated that he's been having money problems, then recently he lost his job, and has not been successful in having

a new one. When he had a job, he was working well too many hours just trying to stay in there, and when he wasn't working he

was sleeping or trying to spend time with his family. All this has been stated. What more detail is needed?
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Riku

I was referring to his latest post where it seemed as though something has changed....If it wasn't that anything had changed and he was just updating people on how things were still that bad then nothing at all needed to be added....But that's what my comment was about...I'm perfectly aware that he's posted several times about how bad life is with him right now...

The newest post seemed rather more desperate....I was asking him to talk about what's changed (if it had).

Regards.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

ADMINISTRATOR COMMENT:

It would be best that this thread now be left open for any remaining discussion to take place between Graeme and his customers who are waiting for product. =;

Unless you have an outstanding order with him at this time, please step away from this thread now. We're past the point of offering advice from neutral parties and need to see if anything can be hammered out between the ex-vendor and customer.

Otherwise, this thread will probably be closed and the parties involved can take it to an outside venue to sort out the details if nothing can be done here.

Indygear has been an avenue for discussion of gear and like topics. This has now gone beyond the scope of that mission statement, so everyone else please step back and let Grame and his customers try to figure things out, if possible.

So, unless you are a customer with an outstanding order with the ex-vendor above, please back away. These folks need to sort this out.

Thank you. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Thank you M. :TOH:

Graeme,

Would you please address the following?
kwad wrote: Graeme,

On June 24th, 2011 you pm'd me to say;
Hi Kwad,
Just to let you know, All I have to do is the knots on your whip. Sorry its taking soooo long I just can't find the hours.
Graeme.
So, you are telling me that in roughly 4 months, you were unable to find the time to tie two knots?

How about this;
If you can prove to me that you actually made the whip, I will pay the shipping costs (again).
Just post a clear picture of the whip, along with a hand written note that shows the date and my name and I will send you the shipping cost.
I will finish the knots myself.

I think that is more than fair.

It's your move.......
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Well, Kwads challenge to Graeme has gone unanswered,obviously. Personally I have been"dumped" by Graeme as a friend on the Facebook, ostensibly to make it more difficult to track him down. He also has not logged on here since November. I have always been a staunch supporter of Graeme, but this has gone too far. In two months I will be hitting my two year anniversary in this drama. I am through with this. What a waste.
Regards
Bravo
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

Any news guys? I've noticed that Graeme was online yesterday...
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

I still don't have my whip and he still has my money.
He still won't respond to emails or PM's.

The only thing that has changed is I am now 2 years older than I was.
drewtheman
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by drewtheman »

Wow!! Man sorry to hear that.
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

kwad wrote:I still don't have my whip and he still has my money.
He still won't respond to emails or PM's.

The only thing that has changed is I am now 2 years older than I was.
In the same boat myself :x

JUST IN. I have been contacted by Graeme thru Facebook. I expect he will probably surface here as well shortly. It looks like he still wants to make good on his orders. I say good for him. I honestly did not expect ever to hear from him again.
There you have it.
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

Hi guys. I know you all thought you wouldn't hear from me again. As far as the whips go I'm still unemployed and only just surviving at the moment. I will have your orders complete and shipped even if it takes me 10 years. I know some of you would prefer a refund but that's not possible at the moment either. I will update you when I can. I know this isn't good news but I haven't forgot about you guys. I wish I had enough hide to finish these whips as I now have all other materials.
PM me with questions or comments and I WILL respond.
Graeme.
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

G-Roberts wrote:Hi guys. I know you all thought you wouldn't hear from me again. As far as the whips go I'm still unemployed and only just surviving at the moment. I will have your orders complete and shipped even if it takes me 10 years. I know some of you would prefer a refund but that's not possible at the moment either. I will update you when I can. I know this isn't good news but I haven't forgot about you guys. I wish I had enough hide to finish these whips as I now have all other materials.
PM me with questions or comments and I WILL respond.
Graeme.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad to hear it, Graeme. Good luck with everything!

DHW
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Well, a year has passed since this subject was last addressed by Graeme and we are no closer to getting our whips. The wait so far has been three years :shock: Frankly I think I have more possibilities of being cast in the next Indy movie as Abner Ravenwood than I do getting my whip. I am pretty sure that my fellow COW members who are also owed whips feel something along those lines. I am just venting a bit I suppose. ](*,) ...

Cheers
Bravo
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Bump :lol:
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Bumpity bump :lol:
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Bumpity bump bump \:D/
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

IndianaBravo wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:21 pm Bumpity bump bump \:D/
What’s this?
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

G-Roberts wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:12 pm I will have your orders complete and shipped even if it takes me 10 years.
10 years later...
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

](*,) ](*,)
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

IndianaBravo wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:36 pm ](*,) ](*,)
Evidentially, G's last activity was Nov 25, 2022 :roll:
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Well, in the words of Lando Calrissian:" You got a lot of guts coming here, after what you pulled!"
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

11 years later....bump!
AnObtainerNamedIndy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by AnObtainerNamedIndy »

baddates1 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:31 pm
IndianaBravo wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:36 pm ](*,) ](*,)
Evidentially, G's last activity was Nov 25, 2022 :roll:
July 6th, now. :|
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Who knows? We may just get our whips after all, if I do I will eat my hat. :rolling:
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

IndianaBravo wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:26 am Who knows? We may just get our whips after all, if I do I will eat my hat. :rolling:
Lol, do you even remember what kind of whip you ordered? ](*,)
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

I actually do. It is a 10 foot kip hide Raiders. I ordered one from Graeme and was very impressed, so I ordered another. I was just out with it last week and it's a great whip. Hear that Graeme? 10 foot kip hide natural tan :roll: :rolling: