Are you LC/CS accurate...

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Are you LC/CS accurate...

Post by knibs7 »

...Regarding the MKVII? Just wondering if there are any more OCD people like me out there when it comes to the tiniest little detail. For example, my LC bag and my CS bag both have the little eyelet inside on the top because that's how the hero bags are.

Anyone else a little loco? :lol:

Kyle
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Are you LC/CS accurate...

Post by backstagejack »

eyelet on the top.....?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Kyle
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Supposedly I have an original that Noel Howard sent me 12 years ago....but again, that doesn't really mean much since there were so many different versions of the mrk vii

wow, I wasn't even aware of that eyelet even being ever in existence......after all these years, still learning stuff. lol
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

That's the great thing about this hobby. Just when you think you've seen and have learned everything there is to know... BAM! You're humbled in an instant.

:lol:

Kyle
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Agreed on that. I don't even remember seeing his satchel open at all in LC.....unless you caught it in the cross scene on the boat? man, I gotta watch the movies, AGAIN! lol

So, did you place this eyelet in yourself or just find a vintage mrk VII bag that had one?

I'm actually thinking on buying another one because I LOVE my satchel and it seems to still be holding up....but seeing how it is a 70 plus year old bag AND I've given it hard wear for the past 12 years.....it might be time for a new one.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Yes the only time in LC we see Indy's bag open is when Coronado is taking the cross out of it.

I've actually gotten incredibly lucky when it comes to the bags. I have two bags that happened to come with the LC/CS eyelet and my Raiders bag (only one I've seen to date with this feature) has the bigger loop on the front as seen in the famous shot of Harrison sitting in the lawn chair.

:TOH:

Kyle
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

well that is lucky then....

hm, have you ordered them from anywhere in particular? I suppose I could ask for one like that if the dealer was willing. I bet Magnoli would put one in as well.....
sam
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sam »

One of my bags has it! That's why I bought it! It had the little eyelet and the smooth snaps, with stitching a respectable distance from the snaps, just like the LC/CS bag. Now, for detail, LOL, have you noticed that the color of the loop on the side of the bags varies from bag to bag? Some are a tan color, some are a white color. The LC/CS bag seems to be the tan color, but I'm not sure what color the Raiders one was, at least to my eyes. Would love to hear your all's imput! Kyle, I know you have some good photo resources, my friend! Oh, another thing is that the material these bags are made of actually varies a little bit. There are two basic categories: Tight weave and looser weave. The looser weave is a lot more maliable and seem to "behave" more like the movie bag in LC/CS, not sure about Raiders, but again, that is a bit subjective and would love to hear your guys' opinion. Boy, a person could drive themselves crazy in this hobby if they took it too serious. It is fun!
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

I hadn't noticed before but one of my 3 bags have it as well!

The vintage bag that has the eyelet, longer loop and is more yellowish in color like in the film is made by M & CO. H 1942 which I purchased from WPG. The button covers are the rough dimpled type.

My other 2 bags are no eyelet, short loop, and more olive green with smooth buttons. Also purchased from WPG and are the sought after W&G 1942 brand. Funny thing is my M & CO. H appears more accurate.