I'm back in the Game!! WIN 2 FREE NIGHTS IN HAWAII * UPDATE!

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

I'm back in the Game!! WIN 2 FREE NIGHTS IN HAWAII * UPDATE!

Post by Indiana Bond »

After being "out of service" for the past 2 1/2 years I'm back in the game!!

Here is an update on my barrel conversion for my S&W 1917. I just picked up a completed shortened barrel at gunbroker for $40.00. It is a bit longer at 4 1/2 inches than it should be and the sight doesn't match either the "Stembridge" or the "Bapty" but it does look good. Here's a pic of the barrel:

The problem is the barrel is here with me in Hawaii and the S&W 1917 is in storage in California! So the best I can do for now is a photoshop of what she will look like when I get it done sometime in the future:

And here is a comparison between the "Stembridge" the "Bapty" the "Original" and the "Mod":

Thanks and let me know what you think!

Last edited by Indiana Bond on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: I'm back in the Game!!

Post by Michaelson »

That's the way to do it! :M: :tup:

Good to see you 'back in the game'!

Regards! Michaelson
Oildale Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Oildale Jones »

I will never second-guess you again. :oops:

Nice! I hope to pull off a Bapty replica someday myself.
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Post by Indiana Bond »

Thanks guys!!

Hey Michaelson, I just went back to the main page and I see that after 2 1/2 years they still haven't updated the info on the TOD shooter being the 4"Colt OP!! With all the work we did a few years back figuring that one out, and then having it also backed up by Brandon Alinger, it's kind of a "slap in the face" seeing that the correct info has still not been posted.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38086" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RaiderZee and I put a lot of research into that and even though you were skeptical at first we showed enough prove to even convince you! Could you please check with Bink and the other "Powers to Be" and see what can be done to get the correct info up on the main page?

Thanks my friend!!

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

LOL! Don't tell me, tell the webmaster! :lol: :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Michaelson wrote:LOL! Don't tell me, tell the webmaster! :lol: :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson

Ok, Sorry about that my friend. :[ Which "Webmaster" should I direct this to?

Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Mike.

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Thanks Michaelson!

I have sent him a PM regarding the matter. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again!

Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Tundrarider wrote:Welcome back, Indiana Bond! :D I always appreciated your expertise in the firearms field and have missed you around here!

Michael :TOH:
Thanks Tundrarider!

The bad economy forced me back to Hawaii a few years back. Things are still very much unsettled over here and I'm still fighting my mortgage company trying to work a loan modification. I've got a beautiful 5 acre estate that has been in my family for more than 40 years and it would be a shame to loose it. Actually looking for someone who may be interested in investing in the property and partnering up.

With all the troubles, I'm trying to get my mind into something more enjoyable so I'm getting back into the Indy thing!! I just wish I had all my Indy stuff over here and not stuck in storage in California. So might as well start working on the collection again so I will have some toys here in Hawaii!!

There are still a few of the handguns that are missing for my collection. The Luger P08, Mauser C96 "Broomhandle", Webley Mk III Commercial Contract, and a Colt M1911. Been asking around locally and I may have a line on a P08 and a 1911. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Thanks again and I look forward to be contributing to this wonderful forum once again! :lol:

Oildale Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Oildale Jones »

You just became my best friend in the whole wide world! :D
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Oildale Jones wrote:You just became my best friend in the whole wide world! :D
Oildale,

That's quite the statement! Thanks!

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Here's a quick update on things. Webmaster Mike asked that I help write up a story on the TOD Colt Official Police .38 that Indy uses in the car chase. As we all know the info on the main sight has not been updated to reflect the new research and findings. I will be working on that this week now that I have my taxes finished! \:D/

Also went on a crazy handgun buying spree these past 2 weeks. Picked up a 3 inch S&W 10-5 (The Wuhan revolver from TOD). Picked up a 1917 DWM Luger (Pistol used by the Germans in ROTLA & LC). And picked up a Imperial dated Mauser C96 Broomhandle "Red 9" (Raven Bar - ROTLA, Kazim and his men in the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword - LC). I found some pretty good deals and figured might as well get them now before prices skyrocket even more!! I'm currently waiting out the two week "waiting period" before I can pick up my new "props" from my FFL. Once I get them in hand I'll do a new thread on them.

All I need now to pretty much complete the collection is the TOD Chen Webley MK III .38 Nickle 3 inch barrel. They are tough to find but they are out there so the search is on!! There are a few others that I don't have but carry pretty minor roles. A Colt 1911A1 (KOTCS) I have a modern version Gold Cup Commander and you can always pick up a new remake pretty inexpensivly. If I find a good deal I'll snag one. A S&W mod. 10 two inch snub nose revolver (TOD) Used by one of the Lao's henchmen while chasing Indy in the car chase. Again if I find a good deal I'll snag one. And lastly a S&W mod. 10 five inch revolver (TOD) The dropped out the window "stunt double" for Indy's Colt Official Police.

It's been very enjoyable putting together this collection over the past couple of years. The people I've been buying these handguns from and my FFLs think I'm a bit crazy but also seem to be intrigued by my Indy handgun collection. But then I guess we are all a bit crazy when it comes to this hobby!! :[

Thanks again to you all and if you have any questions or comments just let me know!!

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

UPDATE!!

My 3 inch S&W 10-5 (The Wuhan revolver from TOD) and my 1917 DWM Luger (Pistol used by the Germans in ROTLA & LC) will be "released from custody" tomorrow! Still have to wait another week for the Imperial dated Mauser C96 Broomhandle "Red 9" (Raven Bar - ROTLA, Kazim and his men in the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword - LC). I will post new pics soon!

Also I'm just in the process of finalyzing a deal on a TOD Chen Webley MK III .38 Nickle 3 inch barrel!! This one has been the most illusive of them all. I'm really excited about this one as it is in very fine shape and is a dead ringer for the screen used piece.

Stay tuned!

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Picked up the Smith and the Luger. Sent payment for the Webley MK III .38!!! Started a new thread for the Chen Webley HERE.

Thanks!

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

The Luger, Mauser Broomhandle Red 9, and the S&W 10-5 are now home. The Webley MK III .38 is on it's way via UPS. The Inglis I was watching on GB went way out of my budget. I was also looking for a 1911A1. Newer clones are pretty easy to get. Well low and behold I was going through my gun cabinet and guess what I found? A 1911A1!!! I had totally forgot I had this piece! It's actually a very cool version of the 1911A1 as it is chambered for .22 lr. It was a training pistol made for the Bueno Aires police. It is marked "POLICIA DE LA PROVINCIA DE BUENOS AIRES" Under that is "TRANSF. A. CAL. 22 L.R. POR EST. VENTURINI S.A." The lower line is in a smaller font. The left side of the slide is marked "D.G.F.M.- (F.M.A.P.)" marking.

I remember buying it about 15-20 years ago as a cheap way to do some target practice. I tricked it out with pearl grips, comp trigger, and stainless mag and slide release and safety. Back then I thought it looked cool but not anymore! Luckily I still had all the original parts and I put her back together the way she was made to be. It's actually a very nice piece and I'm glad I found her!

Below is a pic of the 1911A1 along with my other recent purchases. Once I get the Webley in I'll do some better pics.

Thanks again!

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

The "Chen" Webley is at my FFL. She sure is a beauty so check out my other thread on her. I just closed a deal on a 4 3/4 SAA clone so that completes the collection for the Last Crusade. Also I just realized that finding that 1911A1 I had also completes the collection for Crystal Skull.

2 FREE NIGHTS IN HAWAII!!!

For all of you that have been following all my different threads on the various Indy handguns I have purchased I do thank you and I have a special "Internet Archeological" CHALLENGE!! I have a very SPECIAL new acquisition that I have just made. I have placed a hint somewhere in this forum as to what that may be. Anyone who can determine what my SPECIAL new acquisition is I will give two FREE nights stay at the Halemalu Vacation Villa here in Hawaii!!

I will be revealing the SPECIAL acquisition in about a month in a new thread I will be creating that will highlight all the Indy Handguns. So get out there and start digging!!
:dig: :dig: :dig:

Last edited by Indiana Bond on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: I'm back in the Game!! ** WIN 2 FREE NIGHTS IN HAWAII

Post by Indiana Bond »

NEW CLUE!!

No takers on my 2 free nights in Hawaii?? :cry:
So just today I posted a new clue here on the forum. Just watch for it!
:dig: :dig: :dig: :dig: :dig:

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: I'm back in the Game!! WIN 2 FREE NIGHTS IN HAWAII * UPD

Post by Indiana Bond »

For those of you that are following my posts on this thread I do have a few updates. First there have been no bites, nibbles, or anything regarding my Hawaii contest. I will give another hint here and I plan to make the acquisition anouncement next week. Right now I'm still waiting on a few "props" that I need for the acquisition photo shoot. So the offer still stands for 2 free nights in Hawaii if you can figure out what the new "special acquisition" is! I actually have a second surprise as the "special acquisition" now has a partner!

I decided to get a C&R FFL so it would be easier to pick up these vintage Indy handguns. No extra transfer fee payment and no 3 week waiting time. Find what I like and it's sent directly to my door! Because of this I have been able to purchase a few more of the Indy handguns and I'm actually down to only needing one more handgun to complete the 19 gun collection.

My latest acquisition - other than the "special acquisition" and it's partner - is the TOD "stunt double" gun. Also known as the "drop" gun. It's a S&W M&P model 10 38 S&W pre Victory with a 5 inch barrel and a lanyard ring. Got it for $200 as it is showing it's age, but I feel is appropiate for being the "stunt" gun!

Here are some pics along with a screen grab:

Some other updates include that I've gotten the corrected handgun info for the IndyGear main page to administrator Mike and hopefully the corrected information will be posted there soon. Also After the big reveal next week I will be starting a new thread called "The Collector's Guide To Indy Movie Handguns". This thread will present information and photos of all 19 of the handguns used in the 4 films. It will be an ongoing thread that will take a few months to complete as I plan to present one handgun every week or so. That will give time for questions and discussion for each handgun presented. This thread has been approved by moderator binkmeisterRick and will have a lot of great photos, screen grabs, links, historical information and screen use information. So stay tuned for some great upcomming posts!

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: I'm back in the Game!! WIN 2 FREE NIGHTS IN HAWAII * UPD

Post by Indiana Bond »

There were no takers on the free 2 night stay in Hawaii so here is the link to the "Special Acquisition"!

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;