WPG Customer service

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

WPG Customer service

Post by Indiana Croft »

ROCKS.

I bought a WPG MK VII W&G, had for awhile (bought it in May of 2011. I was trying to get the leather strap to conform so I added some weight to the bag for a day or so, I mean what else would one do.

Well when I went to remove the weight, the canvas strap on the side had and the only way to describe it, is it looked like it was sawed through. Now I put it in an area with 0 traffic, litterly you'd have to walk behind the chair to even make it move. I digress, I contacted WPG, the sent me a RMA # to return for a new one. Came today, an awsome bag, but, wasn't a W&G. Hmmm, maybe their all out, so emailed and asked, gave them all info, responce. #-o
So their resending me a W&G and a return label.

Now thats what I call customer service. :H: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: \:D/ :notworthy: :notworthy: ;) :D :)
Who else has had a simular situation, doesn't have to be WPG.
Croft :mrgreen:
oh and Mods, if this in the wrong place, please move it to where you think it'll get the best viewing, because the members here should no what kind of service they have.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: WPG Customer service

Post by Michaelson »

Interesting. :-k

WPG used to be one of the 'toughest to deal with' customer service vendors we had around here 'back in the day'. :lol:

It appears those days are behind us!

Glad to hear you had a good experience, Croft!

HIGH regards! Michaelson
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

LOVE stories like this, and thanks for posting Croft! Most of the time we only take the time to post if we have some sort of gripe or complaint. :roll: Always nice to see gearheads being treated right! :clap:

Travis
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

alittle of topic and thought I could post a quick question here and not make a new thread on it...

for my birthday my lady gave me a MKVII which is not ordered yet.. I had to do it since she has no clue on how to obtain one but she new I wanted an original bag.... So, I will order thru WPG. my question is I have been reading up on these bags from WPG and some come with dry rot. how bad is this for this type of bag and its life?

how are the repros?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I've had a WPG repro since 2002, and it looks as good as the day I got it.

Regards! Michaelson
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

thanks Mark! :TOH:

I have no idea what they look like. form the photo on WPG it looks pretty darn close but the disc looks off. are these repros made to be identical to the real ones?
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I've got two originals. One I've had for 15 years. No rot at all.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: WPG Customer service and Any other vendor happy stories

Post by Indiana Croft »

My issue could have been a case of dry rot, not really sure.

And I'll revise my header as it only makes sence for one thread worth of praise for our vendors who've done right by us.
And I guess it's a gamble on the dry rot issue. my first one was in awsome sahpe and I never notice the issue untill I remeoved the weight. Won't be doing that with my new one which is on it's way, sent out today. \:D/

Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

And let me edit my stupidity from the last post. It really doesn't matter how long I've had it...its ALREADY 70 years old! :lol:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

There are methods of working the leather into conformity that don't involve using your bag at all. I'll share them here, if you like.
By all means, I mean some threads alway go a little off topic, me I'm always interested in how you seem to make your gear look vintage/older/broken in.

Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Now theres an idea, just make sure the ol thumbs not in the way. :shock:
And thanks dor the links, I'll be ah studying :TOH:
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

This is an older post, but a new experience on the subject. I just ordered my first item from WPG about 2 weeks ago. It was their Indy Shirt. I put in the notes that I was concerned about the fit having heard their shirts had been running big and their listed dimensions didn't quite match up with me.

To my surprise, I got an email the next day before they confirmed my payment, advising me on size details and asking me to confirm my order size. I was shocked that a company took time to care to get it right like that. Most just take the money and take their chances.

The shirt went out the next day via DHL and was Very Well tracked in email, then got here quickly with signature confirmation.

Without even getting into the shirt (which i like) I have to say that is better customer service then I ever had...even when I spent £1300 on a Belstaff of London coat! :clap:

Great Job. Great service. Great quality product construction.:TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah, compared to how WPG used to treat us Indyfans back in the early 90's, it's been a 180 degree turn around in their customer service and response, that's for sure.

GOOD for them! :clap:

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Heck, compared to several years ago! Just asking them questions about officers pinks back then (and asking for a photo) was met with rude and unhelpful interactions on their part, and why I didn't bother to give them my business. But if they're finally turning around to see that customer service IS important, then here's hoping they keep it up!
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

They sent me the wrong size shirt by mistake once and bent over backwards to correct the problem.

Gailen :clap:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

binkmeisterRick wrote:Heck, compared to several years ago! Just asking them questions about officers pinks back then (and asking for a photo) was met with rude and unhelpful interactions on their part, and why I didn't bother to give them my business. But if they're finally turning around to see that customer service IS important, then here's hoping they keep it up!

This is probably a consequence of having other 'budget priced' vendors now available that weren't out there a few years ago. More competition raises the stakes on quality customer service.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff