AB & FEDIV comparison pics

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

AB & FEDIV comparison pics

Post by youngjedi71 »

Did a little better side by side comparison of the AB and FedIV..also did a video comparison as well I can post if you are interested? I know a few of you here are already on my facebook so you can see already..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 328&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: AB & FEDIV comparison pics

Post by Arch Stanton »

Darnit, I am really interested in this video and cannot view it. :(
nicetrylaoche
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nicetrylaoche »

Yea, the link isn't working for some reason. Could you post the pictures here, and perhaps put the video on youtube?
Thanks!
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 7933466329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope this helps?? the first link was to the pics..let me make sure its set to public
Sammy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Sammy »

youngjedi71 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 7933466329
Hope this helps?? the first link was to the pics..let me make sure its set to public
:tup: yep! It works! good vid!!!!!
nicetrylaoche
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by nicetrylaoche »

Now they're working. Thanks for posting the pics and that short video. As to this day, that' the closest I've gotten to actually handling an AB! Is that the beaver AB or the rabbit? Thanks again!
-z
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

nicetrylaoche wrote:Now they're working. Thanks for posting the pics and that short video. As to this day, that' the closest I've gotten to actually handling an AB! Is that the beaver AB or the rabbit? Thanks again!
-z
I have the rabbit,couldnt spring for the beaver and im not sure it would really matter in my life as im not out in the wilderness or working in my hat or on any big adventures...so the rabbit will probably be ok for me..OH and both are rabbit.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

youngjedi71 wrote:Did a little better side by side comparison of the AB and FedIV..also did a video comparison as well I can post if you are interested? I know a few of you here are already on my facebook so you can see already..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 328&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you buy this AB first hand from Steve?
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

BendingOak wrote:
youngjedi71 wrote:Did a little better side by side comparison of the AB and FedIV..also did a video comparison as well I can post if you are interested? I know a few of you here are already on my facebook so you can see already..

Did you buy this AB first hand from Steve?
yes...ordered feb12 2012 received about 8weeks later.

MOD EDIT: Discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12649&p=792842#p792842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tedquinton
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by tedquinton »

Thanks for that comparison.

Makes me realize I'm happy with my Fed IV.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

tedquinton wrote:Thanks for that comparison.

Makes me realize I'm happy with my Fed IV.
Although it appears to be not a lot of difference. I can say that the AB crown is more vertical,and remains higher from front to back then the Fed. AND its a collectors dream "to me" to have a hat made by the man that made Indys. Yes there is a price difference, but its as close as you can get IF you want what Indy has. BUT yes, the Fed is a nice hat. Not as strongly made as I though. As I did some slight distressing to me a while back and the sweatband has come lose in a spot or 2..BUT otherwise good.