Starting to get worried!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Starting to get worried!

Post by gabrielle »

Ok I have been very patient and very understanding, but I'm really starting to get concerned about my cairo bash fedora from Steve. I ordered May 21, 2008 and have not gotten a hat or any word at all about what to expect. I can't be here as much as I like because my nursing job takes a lot of my time. Maybe someone can tell me what's been happening and if I will ever get my prized fedora?!! ](*,)
cm289
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Starting to get worried!

Post by cm289 »

Four years does seem a tad excessive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for those waiting that they'll get their hats soon.
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Starting to get worried!

Post by jlee562 »

Oy...here we go again:
Fedora wrote:Hello fellow fans and old customers. First, I have been away for quite a spell, fighting for my life with not only colon cancer, but prostate cancer as well. It is a long story that I would rather not go into in any detail, except to say I have been deathly ill for a long time now, going through the quackery and treatments traditionally given to folks with cancer. I actually had made out my will and bought my grave plot, as I was not given good news. And being so sick and weak from the treatments, I struggled to still get a few hats made and shipped out, but nothing like I used to do. Now, for the good news! I am finally in remission, I reckon is what they call it. And looks like I wil not be checking out anytime real soon, which has given me a new lease on life, and hope for the first time in over a year.

So as of last week, I worked my first full week in many, many months. And I am feeling strong enough again, with my new much lighter body to get back to my own self. This has been the worst time in my life, but now I can just look back on it, and try to forget the pain, vomiting, and weakness that many days kept me in bed for days.

So, very very happy to be back, and feeling so much better than I had gotten used to. Ok, on to business now. I have completed all of the hat orders that I had a back log of, but I also have misplaced or lost a big pad of orders, that I need to make to finally get back on top of this. So, if you ordered a hat, but never recieved it, please email me, at sdelk@cableone.net, with our current address, which Indy hat you wanted and you head measurments so I can get you guys finally covered. I cleaned out my inbox so there is plenty of room for your emails. I think I can get these orders knocked out in a very few months, just depending on how many I end up with. I don't think there should be that many, but I will find out here shortly from you.

I must of course apologize for the inconveniences caused by my life threatening illnesses, but honestly, I was not thinking much about hats for quite awhile as I was deathly ill. But the good news, I am BACK, with hopefully many years left on this planet. I just hope no one here ever has to go through what this old body has been through-ever.

Also, I have sold John Penman the CS block, and will also supply LLS or David Garrison with this block so these guys can take my place in the future to keep the Adventurebilt America alive and supply the CS hats well into the future. I don't want this hat to die, and while Marc of course will be making these hats for decades to come, I think we need for my own hats to be around, using my felt and parts for decades to come. Afterall, there were both my hats and Marc's hats in that film. And these two guys I want to be my successors, and even to supply the hats before I retire, as I don't want to take on too many orders from here on out, so I can enjoy life, in the years hopefully I have left. I am not getting out of hatmaking, with this new lease on life, but I just want to work a whole lot less in my remaining years. So, I will keep the 650.00 price in place, to cull down my own sales, so I can enjoy this craft like I used to. I want to still make hats, just not so darn many like I had to do after Indy 4. Anyways, the higher prices I charge for the beaver and rabbit hats, will be only for fast delivered hats, so that is what my prices will get you, a hat that does not require years of waiting, but only 8 weeks max lead times. This worked out perfect prior to getting cancer, and so I will keep that pricing, as it yields the amount of work I wish to do in regards to hatmaking.

You can expect me to post in the fedora section once again, a regular visitor, as I have really missed the friends and fans here, although I will attempt to keep my future posts much briefer than I am known for. Again, it is wonderful to be back in the community, healthy with hope once again for the future. Fedora

Since this post, Steve's cancer has returned, but he is still working on hats and is in healthy spirits. Shoot him an email to confirm that he has your order.