Now who are all these people?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

GCR
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Now who are all these people?

Post by GCR »

I was recently searching on Google to find some better pictures of Indy wearing his jacket in the movies, to compare a few things on my new and old Wested jackets. I entered "Indiana Jones Leather Jacket" and searched for "Images" on Google. What I came up with were some other jacket companies that I have no knowledge of...now who are all these people, anybody recognize these guys?

http://www.flightjacket.com/detail.aspx?ID=9

http://www.leathersbymaryterry.com/samples3.htm

This one isn't so much a jacket as it is a whole outfit, but it had me laughing pretty hard...scroll down a little and it's on the left side:

http://www.amasquerade.com/sizeresults. ... ume_size=3

-GCR
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Indycide

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

This one isn't so much a jacket as it is a whole outfit, but it had me laughing pretty hard...scroll down a little and it's on the left side:
Suede pants... why did they decide to go for...suede pants? :cry:

That terrible picture of that man in his pitiful costume made me feel very miserable. The world, as it seems, is sometimes a very awful place. Reminds me of a stupid, Indy-themed gameshow I saw on Swedish TV sometime in the 90's. The host wore cargo pants pulled up to his nipples, an unlikely khaki shirt and a really stupid-looking pork-pie kind of brown hat. To top it off, he had the most Indy-ish prop around his neck. "Ah, a whip", I hear you say. Well of course not! Binoculars, I tell you. Binoculars.

BTW, check out the other nimrods on that page... the "Baseball, Training" dude... hello sailor... and what about "Davey Crockett"? More like Davey Carradine (my name is Caine... I will help you)

Must go and comfort-shop me some Pepto-Bismol and a pair of Aldens...

/SJ
Rabittooth
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rabittooth »

leathers by mary terry...I talked to them on the phone YEARS ago. That guy in the picture comissioned them to do that ONE Indy jacket in a very heavy leather as a motorcycle jacket.
As far as I know...it's the only one they ever made.
I remember thinking the price she quoted was pretty high and out of my range at the time.

-Rabittooth
Last edited by Rabittooth on Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

My apologies

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

Sorry about my last post... but suede pants on Indy triggers that kind of behaviour in me. Again, sorry.

/SJ
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: My apologies

Post by Swindiana »

Scandinavia Jones wrote:Sorry about my last post... but suede pants on Indy triggers that kind of behaviour in me. Again, sorry.

/SJ
Nah... Personally I think that was totally called for. :wink:

Regards,
Swindiana
JrZyBud
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by JrZyBud »

Well come on guys, youve got to remember that not everyone is so anal retentive about their Indy Gear as we are here. For some people thats good enough, and lets not forget that good enough is what got most of us into this hobby. I was looking for a "good enough" jacket when I stumbled across Indy Gear. So you know, I think you should cut him some slack.
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaGuybrush »

I think what ends up really angering people is that these costume-shops and ::cough cough:: souvenir stores attempt to pass these shabby imitations off as the real thing... and often succeed! I can remember back to about 4 years ago when I first started getting into gear. I had been walking around Disneyworld with my two brothers when what should we stumble upon but the adventure supply outpost! Inside I was quickly drawn to the IJ section and it took all of about 30 minutes to rationalize dropping my xmas money on a fedora and jacket. I thought I couldn't miss. After all, these were officially licensed pieces of merchanise! Well it didn't take me too long after rewatching the IJ movies to figure out I had been duped. What really cheesed me off is that they really seemed to be taking advantage of people's inexperience... I know, I know, welcome to the real world. Lesson well learned. I can thank them for one thing though. The sale of this "gear" is what prompted me to REALLY start looking for indygear, and eventually led me here :wink:
IndianaFist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Indycide

Post by IndianaFist »

Scandinavia Jones wrote:
the "Baseball, Training" dude... hello sailor...
:lol: OH that made my day!!!!!!!! My sides hurt!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

IndianaGuybrush wrote:I had been walking around Disneyworld with my two brothers when what should we stumble upon but the adventure supply outpost! Inside I was quickly drawn to the IJ section and it took all of about 30 minutes to rationalize dropping my xmas money on a fedora and jacket. I thought I couldn't miss. After all, these were officially licensed pieces of merchanise! Well it didn't take me too long after rewatching the IJ movies to figure out I had been duped.
If I recall correctly, the Indy jackets at Disneyland aren't too bad. I think they're Cooper/USWings styles with possible push snaps on the storm flap (kinda like Last Crusade). Some of them don't have bucket cuffs but have a snap cuff which is wrong. But otherwise, the Disney jackets aren't too bad. But for the price, you could order a Wested or a USWings and still have money left over.
redfour
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by redfour »

The Mary Terry pic is of DeWayne, who used to be active on Indyfan a while ago. I called them years ago as well, when I was deciding whether or not to get a Wested :lol: (I've got a couple of them now). DeWayne had that jacket made a year or two or three before he found out about wested. After that he bought a bunch from Peter.

Thanks,

John D