Indy style fedoras in europe!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

7th_son
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Indy style fedoras in europe!

Post by 7th_son »

Hello! I want to buy a indy style fedora, but i live in Europe (Poland). Some time ago i wrote about making custom hat by hatmaker in my city, i went to him, and he said he is too old to make a new hat, he now repairs hats, so i decided to buy one from other source.

Regards!
Last edited by 7th_son on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke Warmwater
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Indy style fedoras in europe!

Post by Luke Warmwater »

http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products. ... turnpage=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got one shipped to the US, I see no reason why they wouldn't ship to Poland. :TOH:
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

http://www.adventurebiltdeluxe.com/henry.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7th_son
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by 7th_son »

For AB hat you have to wait a lot of time, and prices... For average person in Poland the cost of deluxe version is about 2 months of work. I'm looking for a little cheaper ones (200USD/150EUR/600PLN).
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

7th_son wrote:For AB hat you have to wait a lot of time, and prices... For average person in Poland the cost of deluxe version is about 2 months of work. I looking for a little cheaper ones (200USD/150EUR/600PLN).
The Henry is different than the Deluxe. The Henry is a factory made hat.
IndyBrit
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyBrit »

I live in Poland and would go for the Henry. It is worth it at around 180 Euro. If you need a jacket size 42 PM me As I have 2 westeds for sale! I live in Warsaw
MurdocXXL
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MurdocXXL »

Another possibility for you would be to ask here http://www.advintagefedora.de/shop/inde ... h9il3n2ib4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
;) :TOH:

Great hats, great service. Iam sure he ships to poland as well.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Yes, I would also recommend advintage fedora. Thomas is great to deal with and he's located in Germany. I bought a HJ from him and also one of junior fedoras. I gave that Junior fedora as a birthdaypresent of a friend of mine. I saw it back a couple of days ago and it is still in top notch condition after a couple months of wearing. And it's not expensive at all. I would recommend this hat for people in Europe on a budget.
NEVER EVER buy an officially licensed fedora. I did that when I was a teenager. Boy, how I regretted it!
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

I´m on a budget and I´d love to have the brown Christies hat w/Raiders bash or the Junior!!!Great to see that europeans start to offer AFFORDABLE hats.I looked through the site and I´m sure that some day I´ll buy one they look great!
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

good luck with that MARQ. let us know what you've got once you buy one!
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

If you find any european Indy fedora vendors not on my list would you please let me know?
I'm NOT interested in vendors who only stock the Official Licensed IJ hat, those don't look correct.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53440
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

don't think there are any more at present. wearing fedoras is really not big here in Europe.