Holt
Craftsman

Re: Wested's HERO jacket...

Post by Holt »

and get that back shot :TOH:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

That jacket is a treasure! ;)
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

Holt, not a problem making the sleeves wider. Although you may have mentioned it you forgot to put that on the order form or back up email
So don't blame Gemma , she is not the cutter and he only goes by the order requests.
Send it back to be done.
Cheers
Peter

PS I am off to Mexico Sunday for 12 days but Gemma knows about it.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Thanks Peter,

I did put it on the back up email but must have missed it.

please check your email :TOH:
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

I'm gonna side with Strones on this for now. I want to see these seal brown jackets in sunlight! I swear that color plays tricks on our eyes. In the sunlight, flying wing scene, the jacket looks so dark, but in studio lighting with the temple scene, it is a really warm chocolatey brown. But every time I look at my authentic brown jacket in the sun, it looks a bit flat and gray. Now, seeing as this seal brown color is a slightly different shade, let's get it out in the sunlight and show it off!
Sarednab
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Sarednab »

Hi to all!

I want to show you all my Hero Jacket! This is in SEAL BROWN LAMB, like the one showed by Steerpike!!!

I love it!!!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

very nice buddy! and welcome to THIS side of the forum :TOH:
Sarednab
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Sarednab »

Holt wrote:very nice buddy! and welcome to THIS side of the forum :TOH:

Thanks Holt! This is the "dark side" of COW for me, eheheh!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

''dark side'' is the perfect word for this place :lol:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Very nice jacket, Sarendab! Wear it in good health! ;) :tup:
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

According to the Sarednab pictures, the jacket change some shade in light, bu tin my opinion is still enjoyable, after all the perfection is not of this world;)
nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by nihil »

Finally got around to ordering one myself, or rather to send an email with a few questions based on my ROLA custom. I really hope they can pull it off according to my wishes :)
I wonder if they don't do the HERO jacket while Peter is away?
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

jnicktem..amazingly accurate looking Hero you´ve got there! I applaude you :clap: :clap:
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Very..Very nice!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

MARQ wrote:jnicktem..amazingly accurate looking Hero you´ve got there! I applaude you :clap: :clap:
Thank you very much!
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

Now I've always been a fan of Tony's company's work, but I think the reason I like Wested's Hero is the types of hides they're using. Tony never used the drapey sheep/lamb that really captures the look for me. I love my Nowak goat Raiders, but it's too tough to drape and move like the jackets on the screen. It would be the only way to go if you plan to be dragged by a truck, but maybe not to move like it does when you fight a big mechanic by a flying wing. I thought the same about Tony's shrunken lamb - it was just a bit too thick to me.

Wested has incorporated an ideal cut with the ideal leather choices. My compliments to Peter's shop. :clap:
Last edited by Tibor on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

open again but play nice or we will close this sandbox, for good!
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Tibor, I agree with you. Since I own both a TN Raiders in shrunken lamb, and a Wested Hero in Shrunken Lamb, I can say the difference is HUGE. Now, the TN is my favourite jacket, because I love the leather and the construction. However, I feel that the Wested Hero is the closest jacket that I have to the original Raiders jacket. The leather is much lighter than the TN, and it is very close to what I feel that the original jacket was like.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

jnicktem wrote:However, I feel that the Wested Hero is the closest jacket that I have to the original Raiders jacket. The leather is much lighter than the TN, and it is very close to what I feel that the original jacket was like.
WOW! That's high praise indeed, Nick!
And I know you've owned a number of jackets from a few different Vendors so it's all the more impressive to read those words coming from you!
Glad you enjoy your jacket THAT much!
:D

I'd really love to see some more (and CLOSER) shots of the Shrunken Lamb that Wested is offering, though... hopefully some of you lucky owners will put up just a few more close-up shots... Please?
:)
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Thanks Mitch!

Yes, I have owned MANY Indy jackets from MANY different vendors in MANY different leathers. This jacket, the Wested Hero in shrunken lamb, is the first jacket I have owned that when I wear it I feel like this could be the same jacket that Harrison Ford wore in Raiders. The pattern is nearly the same as my TN (which we know was copied from a screen used jacket) and the leather is thin enough to get the Raiders drape and moves the same way as in the movie. If my jacket had the same markings on the leather as the one worn in the movie, it would be dead on.

If you want more pics of the jacket, let me know what you want pictures of exactly! Good pictures of me wearing it will have to wait for maybe a few weeks.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

And Nick is one of the lucky few who got that shrunken lamb when it was first available. Did someone say Peter wasn't getting anymore until 2013?! Let's hope that was hyperbole.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Forrest For the Trees wrote:it is a really warm chocolatey brown. But every time I look at my authentic brown jacket in the sun, it looks a bit flat and gray.
Agree. Exactly what I meant. Why Wested can't find a definitive good brown is beyond me. :-k
ThatManFromRio
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ThatManFromRio »

Indiana Strones wrote:
Holt wrote:but that happens with all leather jackets....
...Of course, but jackets in the right colour look good in dark AND in sunlight...
Would you mind showing pics of a jacket that you think is in " the right color " being shot in sunlight , shadow and artificial light ?
It would help understanding what color you're after , because emulating in real life the color we see on screen , and being "authentic" to the color being used in the movie jacket are two different - not to say incompatible- things.

TMFR
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

ThatManFromRio wrote: It would help understanding what color you're after , because emulating in real life the color we see on screen , and being "authentic" to the color being used in the movie jacket are two different - not to say incompatible- things.

TMFR
Probably you're right. Unfortunately I've never seen good pics of an original Raiders jacket, so my reference is the movie. I think this screenshot gives a good idea of the colour I'm looking for. A rich chocolate brown very far from my Wested auth.

Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

to give you the my opinion strones, I think your chasing a ghost on this one.

no wested, Magnoli, TN, GB, USW, Todds will give you the exact look your after...IMO.

I have most of these jackets and ALL turn either alittle grey in direct sunlight or a shade lighter brown and turns very dark under artificial light.

this ''sunlight/daylight'' thing is not with the jackets alone but most of the gear really. we have many threads on board on the search for colors we ''think'' we see on the rest of the gear. this is ''the screen accuracy'' nightmare that has been going on for years and years and years...
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Indiana Strones wrote:
ThatManFromRio wrote: It would help understanding what color you're after , because emulating in real life the color we see on screen , and being "authentic" to the color being used in the movie jacket are two different - not to say incompatible- things.

TMFR
Probably you're right. Unfortunately I've never seen good pics of an original Raiders jacket, so my reference is the movie. I think this screenshot gives a good idea of the colour I'm looking for. A rich chocolate brown very far from my Wested auth.

but we HAVE seen the original Temple of Doom jacket and the color looks to be indentical to the ''authentic'' brown and look how much that changes in color. it looks grey in the village scene, which is more daylight and in the airplane scene it looks very brown. this is the ghost...
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

First of all, we all are chasing our ghosts in these forums, I'm not alone, and it's part of the fun.

Then: to my eyes the Temple colour looks different from Raiders (AND from wested auth b.). May be I'm wrong, may be not.
I think the Todd Raiders colour is a lot better than the Wested auth. for what I saw in pics.

I have an auth.br. Wested jacket bought in february 2008, it's a very good brown, unfortunately they changed colour in the middle of that year, and I got another jacket in september in the new (present) graysh colour. I hope they will come back to the old colour one day.
Last edited by Indiana Strones on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Indiana Strones wrote: I have an auth.br. Wested jacket bought in february 2008, it's a very good brown, unfortunately they changed colour in the middle of that year.
do you wear it?

all leather jackets change color with wear.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

No, never wore it, that jacket is still new today. I have pics of the two jackets both new, side by side, you can see the difference.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

[quote="_"] Dusty seal brown with grey undertones were the commonalities. :[/quote]

is exactly what I always thought it was and why I order eveyrhting seal brown or as close to seal brown from Wested.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

The new seal brown hero is a bit darker than my last authentic, but still lighter than the dark brown. To my eye, they've nailed the color perfectly. I wasn't crazy about Tony's shrunken lamb because is seemed to go too purple-ish to me. Honestly, with some wear, I think the seal brown hero will be the most SA I've had. I agree with JNicktem
Last edited by Tibor on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

so are you 100 percent sure both are auth.brown ;)
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Holt wrote:so are you 100 percent sure both are auth.brown ;)
Yes they're both 100% auth. brown, but the colour is different. Believe me.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

so what guarantee do you have that they both are? is all I am saying.

to me it looks like they sent you a seal brown and an auth. brown.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

No I ordered auth brown only, in 2008 seal brown was not an option. At one point that year they changed skin for their auth.br. jackets. The colour was slightly different.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

oh okay. :TOH:

I see..

but bear in mind. it has happend before from them.. sending out Cowhide jackets when a person ordered a Horsehide. stuff like that..
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Anyway, the bottom line is: I'm still waiting for a good skin/colour for my long awaited Hero. I hope in the future some better option will be available from Peter. :TOH:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I understand :TOH:
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

by the way, according to the Strones picture, seem that my Hero seal brown is closer to the left color.. shade more or less

natural light:

Last edited by steerpike on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

is exactly what I see myself.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I have one jacket I feel it has ''authentic raven bar'' color and it's this 5 year old lamb...

Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

_ wrote:I fell I spend a lot of time stating the obvious - but it also seems it is needed. Color varies within the same batches of tanned leather. It varies on the same hide. That said, neither examples shown by Stones look "authentic" to me. They both look very chocholate. JMO...
Well they probably look more "chocolate" in the picture than in person. Colours in pictures are not very faithful. I posted this only to show that there are very different shades of the auth. br.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Indiana Strones wrote:
_ wrote:I fell I spend a lot of time stating the obvious - but it also seems it is needed. Color varies within the same batches of tanned leather. It varies on the same hide. That said, neither examples shown by Stones look "authentic" to me. They both look very chocholate. JMO...
Well they probably look more "chocolate" in the picture than in person. Colours in pictures are not very faithful. I posted this only to show that there are very different shades of the auth. br.
Not to mention teh difference from screen to screen
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

I feel like we are all cursed by our love of these jackets. It is not like any of us can try them on before we purchase them. I never knew the color brown had so many variations until I got into this hobby.

I just got an Aero Highwayman off ebay. The fit is spot on. The jacket is drop dead gorgeous. It feels amazing. And... the shade of brown looks absolutely horrendous on me. :x It is a tan/russet brown that looked incredible in pictures, and just does not work for me personally. There is a return policy, so no big deal, but still frustrating.

My point is, color is a dang near impossible thing to tell from pictures, film, video, what have you. And having to pay first, and see the product later makes this hobby, well, you know... full of highs and lows.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

_ wrote:
Forrest For the Trees wrote:And... the shade of brown looks absolutely horrendous on me.
Sorry bud - this just made me LMFAO... :rolling:

Yep - if you bought it from Mark at Aero USA you're good. Or is he a Marc? :-k I don't recall, but he's a good egg.

Your post is spot-on. It's an eccentricity peculiar to men I believe - the leather jacket-thing. Women have their obsessions, but men bring a certain "weirdness" to their hobbies. And here we are in one big enablers forum we lurk through unobserved by those around us - in our covey where we keep the family pc, our laptop as those around us watch American Idol, our smartphone/tablet as we sit in bed next to our wives. Then the box shows up at the house and she rolls her eyes and does something else - because she really doesn't want to know. She's just happy you're not at a bar.

-T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...
That pretty much sums it up. You should have seen her face when I walked in this evening with a box under my arms. "Another leather jacket..." I'll have to treat her to something soon...
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

It's Marc...

And yeah...it takes a REAL special lady to "get" us... ;) :TOH:
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

That's him....out of South Carolina...

Yeah, he's a good guy!
:tup:
ThatManFromRio
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ThatManFromRio »

_ wrote:... Women have their obsessions...
Ok , we all know you mean shoes ...

TMFR :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

_ wrote: Every one of them had the same look. Same one yours had. Same one Mrs. Michaelson, Hollowpond, Dalexs, Nicktheguy... Every dual-x-chromosome equipped female has that look that says "Why does having a "johnson" make him so weird?"

-T
Actually, I'm not in that group, old friend. My wife has always been excited to see what I walk in the door with, and ANY time I try to pass one on, she raises a ruckus to make sure I really want to let it go. :D

She's a keeper! After almost 36 years, I guess that's a given. ;)

Regards! Michaelson