Wested's HERO jacket...

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Wested's HERO jacket...

Post by TheExit148 »

The jacket itself is nice, but its way to big on you proportionately. Collar is too big for you face/head size, body looks to big, shoulders are too big, arms to wide. I'd send it back for alterations.
Bdgsi11
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bdgsi11 »

TheExit148 wrote:The jacket itself is nice, but its way to big on you proportionately. Collar is too big for you face/head size, body looks to big, shoulders are too big, arms to wide. I'd send it back for alterations.
These were photos taken just before I had sent it back to Peter. It has not been altered, yet. I'm am trying to decide if I should give this leather a chance, or exchange it for the regular lamb. Peter is about to work on altering the jacket but he needs me to make a choice, first. This is why I posted this, I need a little help deciding.
Last edited by Bdgsi11 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Ok, my bad. I misread. I personally like that leather, I just received a TNO with the striated lamb leather, and its similar, and grainy! It makes it look different. In the end, you are the one wearing the jacket. If you don't like the leather, tell him to change it. You can listen to other peoples opinions, but it's YOU that is wearing it. You have to enjoy it and be comfortable wearing.

When you look at it, do you automatically think I like this, or you are unsure. If you're unsure, its probably best to change it. You shouldn't have to think about it if you like it, especially when investing the $$$ into a jacket.
Bdgsi11
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bdgsi11 »

I just received a TNO with the striated lamb leather, and its similar, and grainy! It makes it look different.
That's part of the reason why I intiiay chose it to begin with. I am little bored of all the extremely smooth jackets that I have. My only grief with the leather is that it was a little too heavy on me. Maybe it just felt like that though, because it didn't fit me properly and there was a lot of hanging, excess leather.
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

I Know its difficult but , like TheExit stated, YOU will be the one wearing it. What do you want? Write it down...pros and cons..or better yet, what I did was just list all the things you want out if a favorite jacket,(colors, weight, durability, style, function, kength, pockets, straps, ect,ect) whether it exist or not, as use this as your standard for all the jackets out there. In time it may change and/or become modified as you learn what works and what doesn't but at least you will have a stapke for what you want out of a jacket. Remember, it's your money, not ours that will go onto it.
It looks like a very cool looking jacket that would be very sweet if the sizing was spot on...heck, I like the way it looks right now and it wasnt untill I began really looking that I noticed the sizing issue, so, take alittle time to yourself with your thoughts about what it us you really want and i'm sure that whatever you decide, we will all still be here to nitpick it apart and give you buyers remorse! Haha, just kidding ;)
heres to good decision making, buddy...... :H:
indiana745
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by indiana745 »

Anybody have one of these jackets who is 6'3"? I am looking to pick one up soon in a size 46 and am wondering what a good back length is at that height beacuse the jacket slides down in the back like the original or so I hear. :-k
KrYpToNiAn1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KrYpToNiAn1 »

Wested 'Hero' in Seal Brown Soft Goat = Succeed.

Item was ordered on September 13th, and was shipped on September 21st. It arrived today, September 23rd in Toronto. 2 days?! Crazy. It cost me $80.00 in duty and tax. Balls. Totally worth it though.

Man, I tell ya... Nothin' says the first day of Fall better, than a brand new Indy jacket. This one is worth shouting about. I am VERY impressed. Thank you so much Peter.

Pics to follow.

s.

8)
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

OOOOOooooooooH YEAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... nothin beats it.
Congrats and can't wait to see themz pic's

Croft :mrgreen:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

KrYpToNiAn1 wrote:Wested 'Hero' in Seal Brown Soft Goat = Succeed.
Pics to follow.
:D :tup:

CAN'T WAIT to see these. Thanks in advance!
:TOH:
hovitos loincloth
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: I have Kleptomania, but when it gets too bad I take something for it.

Post by hovitos loincloth »

indiana745 wrote:Anybody have one of these jackets who is 6'3"? I am looking to pick one up soon in a size 46 and am wondering what a good back length is at that height beacuse the jacket slides down in the back like the original or so I hear. :-k
I'm 6' 4" and I got a 27" back which in IMO looks a wee bit too long with this cut. 25.5 or 26 would probably do it for you.
indiana745
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by indiana745 »

Gracias hovitos!
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Mitch, are you getting one of these, thinking about it? ;)
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

So, when you go to order these jackets and you want to measure for the sleeve length you need you do it off the shoulder? :-k Does Wested still add the extra inch or so like they used to do to the sleeve length?
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Due to the 'off-the shoulder' effect, unknowingly, I had ordered my regular size, and the sleeves were a bit too long. I'd suggested compensating for it, if you want to order one.
KrYpToNiAn1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KrYpToNiAn1 »

Because of the design of the jacket, the way it 'falls off the shoulders' - it's hard to nail down the proper sleeve length. I ordered the longest sleeves I could on the Hero, because I wasn't sure at the time of ordering either. Thankfully too, because actually, now that I've worn the jacket for a couple days - it's shrunk up a bit. My sleeves are perfect. Therefore, I would order an inch or two more than you think, then wear it for a bit until the jacket settles. If the sleeves are still too long after a month or so of wear, consider an alteration.

Couple things I've noticed about the jacket. Mine has the satin sleeves, and I'm finding there might be too much lining in it. Every time I put on the jacket, the lining pops out at the wrists. I have to keep pulling the lining in at my arm pits. I may have to take my jacket in and have a bit of the lining removed. In addition, the zipper pull hangs below the storm flap. I've noticed this on all the Hero jackets I've seen thus far. Is this a SA detail I don't know about? I'm debating cutting the end of the zipper down, or replacing the zipper pull. That said, I'm gonna keep breaking it in for a month or so, then decide what to do. Don't get me wrong though, I adore the coat and can't wait to show you all. Soon, I promise. :D

s.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

I own a US Wings Cowhide Legend Jacket. I went from a Large to an XL due the large being a bit small on me. I finally started wearing it here on a regular basis because it's cooled down some. The problem I'm having with that jacket is that the sleeves are just a tad bit to long for me. I'm like sorta stuck between a Large and XL in size. :? Anyway, I think part of the problem with my jacket is because the Legend jacket's pattern is "off the shoulders" as well. I've been looking at Peter's website and the Hero jackets and I've been considering buying one simply because I can choose the sleeve length. I just wanted to make sure IF I do buy one down the road that I'm measuring correctly and getting the proper sleeve length. I hate trying to return stuff, especially if it's something I buy online and over seas. I'd rather get the order right the first time. :lol:

Thanks Scott and Kryptonian1 for the help thus far. :TOH:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Texan Scott wrote:Mitch, are you getting one of these, thinking about it? ;)
Hi Scott!
Let's call it "Keeping an eye on this one!"
;)

PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

KrYpToNiAn1, A small tack stitch of the lining to the lower part of the armpit leather inside the jacket will keep the lining in place.
Just popped in and saw this.
Off to Mexico Sunday
:whip: Cheers
Peter
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Be careful! :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
bubba fett
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by bubba fett »

TheExit148 wrote: HF sleeves were 25"-26" roughly. See this archive post on the TN Raiders #000 jacket.
I ordered my latest TNO Raiders jacket with 26.5" sleeves knowing they would shrink up slightly. Back length on it is 24" and 24" storm flap length on it as well. I am 6 foot, normally wear a 38 or slim 40 jacket.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36638
I am 6'3" and normally wear a 44 long. I ended up with a size 48 Hero in goat with 27.5" sleeves and 28" back (knowing things would shrink a little). Had already done a 44L and a 46 (both too small). This one just arrived and I think it will fit perfectly once it is broken in.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Mitch LaRue wrote:
Texan Scott wrote:Mitch, are you getting one of these, thinking about it? ;)
Hi Scott!
Let's call it "Keeping an eye on this one!"
;)

Well, if you need any help just let me know. ;)

:whip:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Pitfall Harry wrote:I own a US Wings Cowhide Legend Jacket. I went from a Large to an XL due the large being a bit small on me. I finally started wearing it here on a regular basis because it's cooled down some. The problem I'm having with that jacket is that the sleeves are just a tad bit to long for me. I'm like sorta stuck between a Large and XL in size. :? Anyway, I think part of the problem with my jacket is because the Legend jacket's pattern is "off the shoulders" as well. I've been looking at Peter's website and the Hero jackets and I've been considering buying one simply because I can choose the sleeve length. I just wanted to make sure IF I do buy one down the road that I'm measuring correctly and getting the proper sleeve length. I hate trying to return stuff, especially if it's something I buy online and over seas. I'd rather get the order right the first time. :lol:

Thanks Scott and Kryptonian1 for the help thus far. :TOH:
One thing I might suggest in passing, would be to give them your ideal-normal sleeve measurements and ask him to compensate for the 'off the shoulders' effect? Just a thought, though.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Peter sent me the jacket yesterday and it showed up tonight.

wow, what a jacket! I'm impressed. the sleeves are narrow. I wil wet them and stretch them out.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Peter,

I sent you an email regarding the jacket fit. :TOH:
indiana745
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by indiana745 »

Ordered mine in goat today... cannot WAIT to get it (been without an Indy jacket for about a year now!).
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

This is my Hero, in seal brown. Il ove it, I ordered sleeve in my regular lenght, and they have the 'off the shoulder' effect, just a bit longer than my other jackets. I found the seal brown is beautiful, here's a rough picture without flash, I'll provide soon for some good pics. :TOH:

Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

looks exactly like mine!!
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

Holt wrote:looks exactly like mine!!
is beautiful, isn't it?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

the leather is the best I have ever felt from them. I look forward seeing it break in and grain up.

very nice.
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

Holt wrote:the leather is the best I have ever felt from them. I look forward seeing it break in and grain up.

very nice.
I agree! Are you going to distress it with some water wash? I think the leather is just perfect, just wearing..
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

this jacket was a gift to me from my family so I will wear it and let it age naturally..

when I get another jacket for my mannewuin I will distress it alittle to make it look like the real one.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Let's see some pics, Holt!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

pretty soon. ;)
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Boy, that seal brown looks like a great Raiders color. :) Is it that color in natural light or is the color lighter? :-k
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

that is the exact color I see when looking at mine.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I'm thinking of sending mine back. the narrow bicep area really ruins it for me as my arms are bigger then what maby is 'standard' for a 44. I asked Gemma to make mine with a wider armhole but it was not made with it. I really need it since I do work out and by not having alittle wider sleeves the jacket feels like a jacket with sock like sleeves on me. .. :?

something just has gone wrong in my order.....Gemma is super sweet but she needs to take care of the orders.

it really ruins it for me as the jacket is super sweet and they dd a great job on it.

I'm sure it will turn out good. I have faith.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Not the best pics, but here are a couple of pics of my Wested Hero in Shrunken Lamb. This jacket has been completely soaked several times, and has developed some great character and has formed well to my body.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/j ... G_7296.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/j ... G_7297.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Very nice jacket there, J! I wanted one of these shrunken lamb Hero's but was late on the trigger. I guess the skin had just left the building....or the barn, maybe. ;)
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

wow, jnicktem...that`s looks really cool. To me, it doesn`t even look like the same jacket at all. It has really taken a liking to you and snuggled up well into your form. And it looks nicely distressed. Bravo, my friend,bravo.....
:clap: :clap: :clap:
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

Indoor photo no flash. ladies & gentlemen the Hero:

ImageImage

Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

this is just uncanny! it looks EXACTLY like the jacket he wears when grabbing the idol!!

to cool
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

steerpike wrote:Indoor photo no flash. ladies & gentlemen the Hero:

ImageImage

spot on!
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Is Steerpike's the "seal brown" color? Also, what hide? :-k Great pic and the jacket looks really nice. :tup: :clap:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

sela brown lambskin like mine. it's a thicker version of the lamb.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

:tup: :)
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Bring your seal brown in the sunlight and you will hear a very different music. :roll:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

but that happens with all leather jackets....
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Holt wrote:but that happens with all leather jackets....
Of course, but jackets in the right colour look good in dark AND in sunlight. Jackets in wrong colour look good in shade/dark only. That's the big problem with Wested auth,/seal. In the sunlight they both look greysh. But I know you don't agree, so no problem.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Well, steerpike takes great pics and I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking one in direct sunlight. Then we can decide for ourselves! :TOH:
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

Of course I will. :TOH: