Indy-esque finds today...

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

wellofsouls
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Indy-esque finds today...

Post by wellofsouls »

I was in Eddie Bauer today and found some good things. Firstly, they have a new slightly washed chino out with rear flap pockets (but no pleats) called Officer chinos. The fit and construction are super - I'll be getting some. Good option for those who don't like pleats.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/produ ... All=y&pg=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this blazer doesn't look like much in the photo but it was pretty impressive in real life - good solid twill with lots of pockets and a back belt - very Indy-esque.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/produ ... All=y&pg=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And they have a nice sorta-close leather jacket with side tabs and a back belt. But it's $300, and I think for that money there may be better jackets out there.

Serial Hero
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Indy-esque finds today...

Post by Serial Hero »

Thanks. I do like those pants. Looks like I'll have make an expedition to the mall this week.
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

Those pants are pretty nice.
j2m
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by j2m »

Nice jacket :H:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I really like the pants! :tup:
wellofsouls
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by wellofsouls »

Hollowpond wrote:I really like the pants! :tup:
And man are they comfortable. Like BUTTAH!!
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I'm getting a pair.
Serial Hero
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Serial Hero »

Went and picked up a pair of the officer chinos in taupe today.

I don't know how long it lasts but Eddie Bauer is having a sale, 25% off all regular priced items.

Update: sale goes through Monday 9/5/11
wellofsouls
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by wellofsouls »

Serial Hero wrote:Went and picked up a pair of the officer chinos in taupe today.

I don't know how long it lasts but Eddie Bauer is having a sale, 25% off all regular priced items.

Yep, gettin a pair this weekend on the sale. Also they have a really good Indy-close poplin shirt for sale now on clearance - double pockets, epaulets, the works. Not many left.

OK, I'll stop shilling for Eddie Bauer! :CR:
MS Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by MS Jones »

Pants don't come in my size. :x Why do all clothing manufacturers think that everyone over a 38" waist is short???? I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam and a 42" waist. Try shopping for clothes at department stores with THOSE dimensions. It ***** being a tall fat ###!!
PsychicsAndSwords
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by PsychicsAndSwords »

MS Jones wrote:Pants don't come in my size. :x Why do all clothing manufacturers think that everyone over a 38" waist is short???? I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam and a 42" waist. Try shopping for clothes at department stores with THOSE dimensions. It ***** being a tall fat ###!!
Those used to be my exact same dimensions. Nowadays I'm down to size 34-36 waist (depending on manufacturer) and it's still pretty dang hard to find a 34 inseam in-store. I have to do most of my pants shopping online. But it's still not as bad as trying to find a jacket with long enough sleeves...

But speaking of jackets, that one in the first post looks pretty cool. I've been wanting a black leather jacket... this looks like an interesting possibility.
wellofsouls
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by wellofsouls »

PsychicsAndSwords wrote:
MS Jones wrote:Pants don't come in my size. :x Why do all clothing manufacturers think that everyone over a 38" waist is short???? I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam and a 42" waist. Try shopping for clothes at department stores with THOSE dimensions. It ***** being a tall fat ###!!
Those used to be my exact same dimensions. Nowadays I'm down to size 34-36 waist (depending on manufacturer) and it's still pretty dang hard to find a 34 inseam in-store. I have to do most of my pants shopping online. But it's still not as bad as trying to find a jacket with long enough sleeves...

But speaking of jackets, that one in the first post looks pretty cool. I've been wanting a black leather jacket... this looks like an interesting possibility.

For most of us it's the opposite - everything has "monkey arm" sleeves and we're forever going to the tailors.

The leather jacket is nice. It's sized large - I'm normally a 44 chest and the medium size fit me well like I think a leather jacket should (close, tailored but comfortable). They also make one with a faux fur collar that isn't so nice - has a distinctly cheap look to it. The collar looks like somebody's bathroom rug.
MS Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by MS Jones »

wellofsouls wrote: The collar looks like somebody's bathroom rug.
:rolling:
PsychicsAndSwords
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by PsychicsAndSwords »

wellofsouls wrote:
PsychicsAndSwords wrote:But it's still not as bad as trying to find a jacket with long enough sleeves...

For most of us it's the opposite - everything has "monkey arm" sleeves and we're forever going to the tailors.
Y'know, come to think of it... why aren't jackets available with different sleeve lengths, like dress shirts (or pants inseams)? Maybe I'm way off base here and most people have the exact same arm lengths for their size, so it would be a waste of time? But, it seems to me that it wouldn't be too difficult to adjust the pattern of the sleeves to add or subtract a little. Especially with leather, which generally doesn't have much in the way of "give" or stretch to it when you're moving.
Bigfoot
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician
Location: Somewhere in Southern Nevada, looking for a nuked fridge

Post by Bigfoot »

REI outlet has these boots on sale, They are kind of Indy-esque--
http://www.rei.com/product/822817/merre ... 0-closeout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

Dude I go through the same thing! I check out the sizes in stores and when the waist size increases, the leg length decreases. Ridiculous. Most big and tall sections if a store even has them, has either big, or tall. Never the middle ground where most of us fall. Because of this, my love of indy gear, and my love of retro clothing, has made me decide to start making my own clothes.
Kevin83
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Kevin83 »

Serial Hero wrote:Went and picked up a pair of the officer chinos in taupe today.

How does the EB taupe match up to the on-screen shade? Could you post pics?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Indiana Joyce wrote:
Dude I go through the same thing! I check out the sizes in stores and when the waist size increases, the leg length decreases. Ridiculous. Most big and tall sections if a store even has them, has either big, or tall. Never the middle ground where most of us fall. Because of this, my love of indy gear, and my love of retro clothing, has made me decide to start making my own clothes.
I've had the same complaint regarding shoes for years. Stores seem to think that the larger the size, the wider the foot. That's not the case. I wear a size 11, but I have to have a narrow (B) width. All I ever find is 'D' and wider widths in my size. You have to either special order narrow width, or pay BIG bucks for the size/width I require. :?

Regards! Michaelson
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Eddie Bauer has a lot of nice "adventure" type clothing. Part of the reason I got a job there.....that and I get 50% off everything. :lol: I love their stuff and I'm always on the look out for Indy or Nathan Drake type stuff.

By the way if you see something you like on the site or in their stores grab it then, if you can.....The store changes their merchandise a lot and some stuff becomes really popular very quickly and sells out. Just food for thought. :TOH:
Serial Hero
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Serial Hero »

Kevin83 wrote:

I was going to ask what others thought of the color.

they look a little light to me, but work good with my Cabela's safari shirt (in stone). Other than that they're great pants. they fit perfect.

I don't own a camera, so no way to post pics, sorry

-SH-
Kevin83
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Kevin83 »

Serial Hero wrote:
Kevin83 wrote:

I was going to ask what others thought of the color.

they look a little light to me, but work good with my Cabela's safari shirt (in stone). Other than that they're great pants. they fit perfect.

I don't own a camera, so no way to post pics, sorry

-SH-
I went ahead and ordered a pair, the fit was fine in the seat and crotch, but the legs were pretty wide IMO. Nothing a tailor can't fix though.