Adventurebilt Status Update Anyone?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Adventurebilt Status Update Anyone?

Post by Kokopelli »

:-k I've been emailing him for five weeks now from 3 different emails in case his spam filter got them..no replies.
When was the last date that a member got their hat?

Boy I hope he's ok...
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

Going by members who got their hats is not the best metric. Most of those orders were from non-members. As it is, the herd has thinned out so to speak, so I wouldn't necessarily be alarmed that no active poster has gotten their hat as of late. I emailed Steve about my hat order when he first posted here on COW (this was before the bout of staph), and he took a few days to get back to me.

My advice:

:TOH:
MustangLoverMex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by MustangLoverMex »

jlee562 wrote:Going by members who got their hats is not the best metric. Most of those orders were from non-members. As it is, the herd has thinned out so to speak, so I wouldn't necessarily be alarmed that no active poster has gotten their hat as of late. I emailed Steve about my hat order when he first posted here on COW (this was before the bout of staph), and he took a few days to get back to me.

My advice:

:TOH:
Amen to that.... :TOH:
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

For what it is worth, on June 29, I got a short response from Steve (after I inquired) that he had all my order info.
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Chewie Louie wrote:For what it is worth, on June 29, I got a short response from Steve (after I inquired) that he had all my order info.
hmmm...I emailed him on the 23rd after reading his post in the Vendors section.
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

It's obvious Steve has been through quite a lot in recent months. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that he is still at it, but I am grateful that he is because I still hope to get one of his hats real soon. Nevertheless, for the longest time it has appeared that he has been overwhelmed with the workload, and the infrequent updates he posts has many that ordered his hats rightly concerned. Not that he would steal their money, but just wanting to make sure their order was not misplaced, nor that they lost their place in line. Furthermore, in light of what he has gone through in recent months, some of us would still like to know that he is doing o.k. It's not just about the hat.

Perhaps Steve should consider having someone assist him in communicating with his customers, an assistant or liaison of some kind. Someone he can share emails with and talk to maybe once or twice a month. Then that person can post something on COW. This way Steve doesn't have to worry about responding to all the emails that he receives. I'm sure there might even be some people willing to volunteer just to help out.

Just a thought.

Louis
MustangLoverMex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by MustangLoverMex »

Chewie Louie wrote:It's obvious Steve has been through quite a lot in recent months. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that he is still at it, but I am grateful that he is because I still hope to get one of his hats real soon. Nevertheless, for the longest time it has appeared that he has been overwhelmed with the workload, and the infrequent updates he posts has many that ordered his hats rightly concerned. Not that he would steal their money, but just wanting to make sure their order was not misplaced, nor that they lost their place in line. Furthermore, in light of what he has gone through in recent months, some of us would still like to know that he is doing o.k. It's not just about the hat.

Perhaps Steve should consider having someone assist him in communicating with his customers, an assistant or liaison of some kind. Someone he can share emails with and talk to maybe once or twice a month. Then that person can post something on COW. This way Steve doesn't have to worry about responding to all the emails that he receives. I'm sure there might even be some people willing to volunteer just to help out.

Just a thought.

Louis
I actually thought the same thing... Right now he has to deal with hat making AND reading that huge wave of emails, perhaps someone he can trust could do the contacting customers thing... :-k
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Chewie Louie wrote:It's obvious Steve has been through quite a lot in recent months. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that he is still at it, but I am grateful that he is because I still hope to get one of his hats real soon. Nevertheless, for the longest time it has appeared that he has been overwhelmed with the workload, and the infrequent updates he posts has many that ordered his hats rightly concerned. Not that he would steal their money, but just wanting to make sure their order was not misplaced, nor that they lost their place in line. Furthermore, in light of what he has gone through in recent months, some of us would still like to know that he is doing o.k. It's not just about the hat.

Just a thought.

Louis

I completely agree with everything you've said. I have no ill feelings whatsoever, and I would never in a million years think he would cheat anyone, ever. I knew I was in for a long wait when I ordered. My only concern surfaced when I read his post about misplacing his orders. -Mine would have been in the mix. Knowing how long it's been since my order, (3 years, 5 months) not counting his time off from his health ordeals, I sorta figured by the timeline of other's, mine would be on one of his blocks by now. I just want to confirm, per Steve's request, that he got my email with my order specs.

I'll offer to help him out with communications, if he needs/wants it, when he contacts me, however I can from a distance, as I'm off work right now in pre-retirement limbo. I've got all the time in the world to answer emails, phone calls, etc...
slydini
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by slydini »

Kokopelli wrote:

Just a thought.

Louis

I completely agree with everything you've said. I have no ill feelings whatsoever, and I would never in a million years think he would cheat anyone, ever. I knew I was in for a long wait when I ordered. My only concern surfaced when I read his post about misplacing his orders. -Mine would have been in the mix. Knowing how long it's been since my order, (3 years, 5 months) not counting his time off from his health ordeals, I sorta figured by the timeline of other's, mine would be on one of his blocks by now. I just want to confirm, per Steve's request, that he got my email with my order specs.

I'll offer to help him out with communications, if he needs/wants it, when he contacts me, however I can from a distance, as I'm off work right now in pre-retirement limbo. I've got all the time in the world to answer emails, phone calls, etc...
I agree as well. I was not even worried about receiving my hat until I read Steve's posting. I know I must fall in the lost category as well. I have been e-mailing on a daily basis and have had no response. I am at a loss as to what to do now.
Buchanan Bob
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Buchanan Bob »

I agree as well. I was not even worried about receiving my hat until I read Steve's posting. I know I must fall in the lost category as well. I have been e-mailing on a daily basis and have had no response. I am at a loss as to what to do now.
Ditto.
Ordered April 2008. :?
Bob
lingarn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by lingarn »

Is there anyone who regularly or semi-regularly talks to Steve who might be willing to carry our concerns?

If we could create a list of people with orders who simply want confirmation that he still knows who we are, then one message could get through for all of us.

Anyone willing and able to be the courier?
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

He does check in and has posted for those to e-mail him. Even with his cancer is in remission he still has bad days and will take a little time to get back to speed. My own two hat orders with Steve was misplaced and had to remind him and I'm sure you all know how close we are. try e-mailing him and being patient. he will take care of all outstanding orders.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Speaking as a cancer survivor, the moment right after going into remission after treatments can be as brutal as the treatments themselves. Your immune system can be nearly gone. You have zero energy. You go around feeling sick, even if there is nothing wrong with you. It will take Steve several months before he is truly up and going. I am sure in a few months time we will hear more from Steve and more people will be getting their hats. I too am waiting on a hat, and have no doubt that I will receive it. I will not rush Steve, as I would be crushed if he felt the need to work on my hat when he didn't feel up to it, and thus hurt his health.
AVbat
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by AVbat »

jnicktem wrote:Speaking as a cancer survivor, the moment right after going into remission after treatments can be as brutal as the treatments themselves. Your immune system can be nearly gone. You have zero energy. You go around feeling sick, even if there is nothing wrong with you. It will take Steve several months before he is truly up and going. I am sure in a few months time we will hear more from Steve and more people will be getting their hats. I too am waiting on a hat, and have no doubt that I will receive it. I will not rush Steve, as I would be crushed if he felt the need to work on my hat when he didn't feel up to it, and thus hurt his health.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :TOH: :TOH: Exactly people . . .
slydini
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by slydini »

jnicktem wrote:Speaking as a cancer survivor, the moment right after going into remission after treatments can be as brutal as the treatments themselves. Your immune system can be nearly gone. You have zero energy. You go around feeling sick, even if there is nothing wrong with you. It will take Steve several months before he is truly up and going. I am sure in a few months time we will hear more from Steve and more people will be getting their hats. I too am waiting on a hat, and have no doubt that I will receive it. I will not rush Steve, as I would be crushed if he felt the need to work on my hat when he didn't feel up to it, and thus hurt his health.
I would never rush anyone who makes handmade items. I was perfectly ready to wait, and had no problems with it. I know Steve will make good on the orders he has. My concern is that he does not have my order. I know I fall into the missing order status, and have tried contacting him for weeks with no response. I am not looking for delivery date, simply, an acknowledgment that he has my order. I am doing what he requested we all do, and have hd no response. This is where my concern is.
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

I left a message on his phone, and I mailed him an actual letter last week...
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

To complement what Jnicktem stated above, keep in mind that Steve has also started fighting a staph infection, too, just after he came back on here to say about sending the emails for lost orders. I do not know what his current status is beyond that, but staph infections can be quite serious for someone fighting cancer. I just lost my grandfather a year ago from complications from lung cancer combined with getting a staph infection.

I encourage you to continue to try and get a hold of Steve--I'm certainly not arguing with that. But just to realize that he's been fighting for his life and may still be doing so.

Best wishes,
Nebraska Schulte
lingarn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by lingarn »

As advised, I have put "URGENT" in the heading of the last three e-mails, the latest being today. I am only e-mailing about once a week, from the address that I used with paypal and to which he has previously responded.

As yet I have had no response.

I have no interest in harassing Fedora, and, again, am not asking for him to put my hat before his health. This is as distasteful to me as it is to the rest of you -- I would much rather not be thinking about this, or have him thinking about it, but he may have lost my order, and I have no other way to find out.
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

well, I guess there's nothing else we can do. I mailed him a letter two weeks ago, plus he has a message on his machine and numerous emails from me as well as many others, I'm sure.
I hit up the googling machine to see if there was any news out there we're missing, and the only thing I turned up were some non COW member customers posting negative comments about customer service from Adventurebilt and no response after ordering and paying for hats...

:CR:
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Just to add, Steve is usually pretty good with communication with me and I haven't heard from him myself in a month. So, obviously something is going on, let's just give him time.

-Magnoli
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Indy Magnoli wrote:Just to add, Steve is usually pretty good with communication with me and I haven't heard from him myself in a month. So, obviously something is going on, let's just give him time.

-Magnoli

Same here. We had a phone date over a week and a half and no word. I will try and call him again first thing in the morning to check on him.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Please do so John. I'm getting kind of worried because no-one has heard back from him yet. It feels like something is going on, and though I am on no waiting list, that worries me.

Regards, Geert
nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by nihil »

Perhaps this is a stupid question but here goes; Does this only affect the American 'branch' off AB, leaving ABdeluxe unaffected by crazy waiting times and poor communication? I'm considering to get an AB from Germany, but do not want to risk anything.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

The American AB and the AB Deluxe are two different people (3 counting Stefan who works with Marc).
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

:-k
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

Still nothing?

This continues to be a vexing problem for everyone that has ordered a hat from Steve. Based upon the health issues he shared with us not too long ago, I certainly hope that Steve is o.k. However, this does raise an issue that one-man proprietorships must be prepared for and that is: What happens to my business (and customers) if something happens to me? I run my own practice, and if something were to happen to me tomorrow, I know that my clients affairs would be taken care of.

I certainly hope and pray Steve is in a long term remission and that he has many strong years still left in front of him, but he needs to have a contingency plan in place should something happen to him. Does he? God forbid anything should happen to him, but if something did, would people get refunds in accordance with his refund policy?

The recent health issues he has faced make it all the more obvious that he needs help, and the fact that he has not reached out to the people ready, willing and able to volunteer their time to help him with costumer relations really leaves me scratching my head. I just don't get it. I do not wish to sound insensitive, but dealing with health issues, no matter how severe, is no excuse for failing to communicate with your customers. Respectfully, I submit that if one is in fact dealing with such hardships, he still owes it to his clientele to somehow get the word out, and let them know what is going on. If he cannot effectively communicate with his loyal and patient costumers himself, and it's apparent that he cannot, then he really needs to appoint someone who can. I'm sorry, but failing to communicate with your customers has NEVER been an acceptable business practice.

Steve, I know I speak for the overwhelming majority when I say we hope and pray that you are well, and we know that your health and well-being far outweigh the need for any of us to get our hats sooner. Nothing is worth sacrificing your health. No doubt your have been made aware of the concerns, frustrations and complaints of those waiting, and I'm sure they are stressful and weigh heavily upon you. However, remaining silent certainly cannot help to relieve that stress, nor quell our concerns. We don't even know if you are unwilling or unable to respond to our inquiries.

Steve please, if you read this, or if anyone can pass along a word to him, let us know how you are doing, if you're able to work at this time, and if you're willing to appoint someone you can talk to at least once every week or so, who can then in turn inform the community on a regular basis as to status of your health and their AB.

Thank you and God Bless.

Louis
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Well said, Louis. I agree that Steve's health is the number one concern, but other vendors have taken far more heat with better communication than is typical from Steve. And I acknowledge that I have always had very quick responses from Steve, including when I sent my 'reorder' this summer.

Steve holds a dear place in our hearts for all he's done for the hobby and membership here. And people do get their hats, eventually. But long gaps of unexplained absences does cause concerns for customers.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

I think this past May was my 3 year mark waiting for my Cairo bash hat. I ordered May 21st 2008. Nothing yet not a word.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

It's very easy to give advise on how he should handle things but you guys are on the outside looking in. He is doing the best he can, going though all he has. Most people who are waiting on his list knew going in it was going to be a very long wait. I say this myself as a customer waiting for two hats since the Indy 4 movie and a friend.

I know it's frustrating but let's try and hold off on all the speculations and advise.
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you BendingOak. When I placed my order with Steve back in Feb. of 2008 I actually spoke with him on the phone. He told me there was a wait for one of his hats, but I had no idea how long. When I asked if there was a chance I could have my hat by October of that year, he said I had better get my order in as soon as possible then. Well, here I am 3+ years later and still no hat. I'm not complaining that I have not received my hat yet, but the lack of communication is inexplicable.

Doing the best he can? At making the hats? Absolutely no doubt, that is why we are here, and we know the making of them takes time. Has he done the best he can at communicating with the people that have placed orders? Absolutely not. Assuming he is healthy enough to do so, there is no reason why he cannot chime in here every so often to let people know how he is doing health wise, and how the hat orders are progressing.

It's not a question of it being easy to give advice from the outside looking in. I'm not even suggesting that he provide personal responses to every inquiry; however, NO BODY is that busy that they can't take at least 5 minutes out of each month to post a general update here, or better yet, on their own website advising everyone as to how things are going. Suggesting a better or different approach to communicate with your customers should never be misconstrued as being out-of-line, in fact it should be welcomed.

Again, this is all conditioned on whether Steve is healthy. We don't even know that he is, so please do not misinterpret what I'm try to say as a man's health is more important than a job or a material possession.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

John,

I don't want to get into a protracted argument over this, but I can think of 5 vendors off the top of my head that have been raked over the coals for lack of communication. One vendor has been banned for dropping off the map with pending orders from members.

Steve hasn't logged into COW since June 29th - over two months. I sincerely hope all is well with him.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
RRPDD190
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by RRPDD190 »

Guys,

I know I haven't been around as long as many of you but I have to contribute a couple of cents. I ordered a hat from Mr. Delk back in May and received it in June. I couldn't have been happier with the communication or the end product. Thanks again Steve from Shane in Afghanistan!

That said, everyone should know by now that he is working as hard as he can given his health and any other factor that we may not be aware of. We all know from previous threads that one thing that is absolutely required for earlier orders is PATIENCE! I think it says a lot that the man is still working given all he's been through.

I understand it has to be hard waiting such a long period of time for a hat, but as we say here in Kabul "**** it up" and move on. We knew or should have known ordering a high end custom hat from guys like Steve and John that it takes time. The end product will be well worth it.

Anyway, I've reached the point of just repeating what I've read time and time again in the many posts here in COW.

Take care all and if you get a chance to read this Steve, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you're doing well. :TOH:
Kim Hoffman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kim Hoffman »

This is all very frustrating. Apparently Steve is making hats, as indicated by the thread above. What the gentleman in Afghanistan doesn't seem to realize is that many of us - Steve's customers - have been patient and understanding, and do indeed wish Steve well, but we have been waiting years for our orders to be filled without word from Steve as to when...With all due respect to Bending Oak, I purchased an order without knowing how long it would take. The AB site was misleading, and Steve neglected to respond to my initial queries as to how long it might take for my order to be filled. I overlooked this lapse on his part since his work represented George Lucas and the Indiana Jones franchise. Steve knows how many orders he has and how many hats he can fashion in a week, month, and year, and therefore how long it might take to fill an order Had I known I would have been waiting years I would have ordered from Penman or Peter Bros. I paid what was the full price over three years ago. Those of us who have been waiting paitently for years for our orders to be filled followed Steve's instructions - we paid in advance, in good faith: Steve is responsible for this situation, not us, and his continuing silence only heightens our concern. I wish him well, we all do. His customers deserve better. Good luck to us all.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I grabbed this from another thread. Please read this carefully.

"Hello fellow fans and old customers. First, I have been away for quite a spell, fighting for my life with not only colon cancer, but prostate cancer as well. It is a long story that I would rather not go into in any detail, except to say I have been deathly ill for a long time now, going through the quackery and treatments traditionally given to folks with cancer. I actually had made out my will and bought my grave plot, as I was not given good news. And being so sick and weak from the treatments, I struggled to still get a few hats made and shipped out, but nothing like I used to do. Now, for the good news! I am finally in remission, I reckon is what they call it. And looks like I wil not be checking out anytime real soon, which has given me a new lease on life, and hope for the first time in over a year.

So as of last week, I worked my first full week in many, many months. And I am feeling strong enough again, with my new much lighter body to get back to my own self. This has been the worst time in my life, but now I can just look back on it, and try to forget the pain, vomiting, and weakness that many days kept me in bed for days.

So, very very happy to be back, and feeling so much better than I had gotten used to. Ok, on to business now. I have completed all of the hat orders that I had a back log of, but I also have misplaced or lost a big pad of orders, that I need to make to finally get back on top of this. So, if you ordered a hat, but never recieved it, please email me, at sdelk@cableone.net, with our current address, which Indy hat you wanted and you head measurments so I can get you guys finally covered. I cleaned out my inbox so there is plenty of room for your emails. I think I can get these orders knocked out in a very few months, just depending on how many I end up with. I don't think there should be that many, but I will find out here shortly from you.

I must of course apologize for the inconveniences caused by my life threatening illnesses, but honestly, I was not thinking much about hats for quite awhile as I was deathly ill. But the good news, I am BACK, with hopefully many years left on this planet. I just hope no one here ever has to go through what this old body has been through-ever."
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

I think most of us here on COW have read that already BendingOak, and most of us were quick to welcome him back and wish him nothing but the best of health for the rest of his life. I wrote him as he requested, and he responded that he did in fact still have my order. But others have not received that same confirmation, and have no reassurance that their orders have not been lost or misplaced.

As Indiana Jeff pointed out, Steve hasn't logged on to COW in over two months, and quite frankly I fear the worst, not about my hat order, but about him. If he has encountered another setback health wise, I just wish there was someway for us to find out so that we continue to pray for him. But if he is indeed fine, what is the excuse then for not having better lines of communication with your costumers?

That's all I'm going to say about this. I thought I had made myself clear in my previous posts, but in re-posting Steve announcement you appeared to assume that those expressing frustration at the long delay and lack of communication, were being insensitive or uncaring regarding Steve's recent battle with cancer.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
RRPDD190
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by RRPDD190 »

Thanks for digging that out John. I certainly sympathize with those that have been waiting such a long time for a hat. I don't know what else Steve can say really say or do. I'm sure he's doing the best he can and will make good on all his orders. Take care!
Kim Hoffman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kim Hoffman »

Bending Oak, I am not insensitive to Steve's health. I read his post back in July and I sent him my sincerest best wishes. I pray for his well being now. My sentiments are heartfelt, I am sixty years old, during the last three years I have lost four friends, two to cancer. Largely, what Steve's customer want, next to resolution, is communication, which, the lack thereof, predates Steve's illness. In Steve's post which you reprinted he states he is in recovery and working at filling his older orders. I too queried Steve of my order at that time, but I have not received confirmation as Steve promised he would do. A week or so ago you posted you were going to try to get in touch with Steve, were you successful in contacting him?
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

I hope not to offend anyone sticking my nose here.
I have no pending order with Mr. Delk, not even own an AB hat.

I understand that many of you are frustrated. Still waiting that long for a hat.
But you all MUST understand something: IT'S JUST A HAT.
There are many things in this life more important than a hat.
And if for some reason can not think of anything, I can suggest some:
Children, parents, health, work. Got it?

I know what you will say:
"...I invested on Adventurebilt almost 4 years ago, when Delk was not "famous", I support Delk from the beginning, he never mentioned it would take this much.... blah, blah, blah..."
THE MAN IS SERIOUSLY ILL. That's why is taking so long. Period.

And now the frivolous point of the matter, where you can also say:
"And my money? It has no value? And if something happens to him?"

Well, if you care about your money, don't worry.
Mr. Delk already did arrangements:

Posted here: http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... 87#p695487
Date: 17 Aug 2010
Fedora wrote: ......... And once again I want to thank my backorder customers for being so nice to me, and patient. I will never forget a single one of you guys. Most of you have made a stressful situation at least bearable for me. And at the end of the road, when you do finally get your CS fedora, at least you will own a clone of the original CS fedora, something that probably was never available in so far as Indy hats go, unless you got one from Swales right after a particular film was released, and then there is no gurantee it would be from the same factory that made the film hat, due to HJ changing suppliers so often in this era. Marc and I may be the only guys who could make you a real deal Indy film hat as was used in a film. I just hope that makes the wait less painful.

I have hesitated about relating my health problems here, but once I felt I was gonna survive, I felt it was the right thing to do, since customers are involved too. But even if I would have died, all monies would have been refunded from my estate, as that is specified in my will, so no one would have lost a penny. Just would have never got the hat is all. Regards to all. Fedora
And for backorders, if you want to cancel your order and get a refund now, here's your option:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47109&p=690592#p690592

Summary of the latest clarifications:
When Mr Delk is feeling healthy;
- He works on the backorders (those who paid the old price, back in 2007/2008) monday to friday.
- He works on the new orders (new U$D 650.- price) on weekends and days off.

Again, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.
I just hope Steve get well soon.
Regards.-
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Thanks for that reminder about Steve's arrangement for refunds from his estate, I had forgotten he had posted that. I think for paid customers that 'reordered' with Steve this summer, but have yet to receive a confirmation, it is small consolation. For all they know, there is no order on file to be refunded.

Again, they don't know because the only person that can say for sure is Steve. And he hasn't.

It's very concerning for everyone. Customers who care about him for more than a hat.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Indiego Jones

Thank you for posting that. Thats all the answers anyone needs. Nothing has changed other than he hasn't popped in here in a couple of months.

I have not heard back from him but when I do I will post about it if it is the right thing to do.

I look at it this way. Considering the things he has been though the past couple years ( health wise). I would hope he puts his health before hats but he has not. I hope now he has learn to do so and that is why we haven't heard anything.

It does no good speculating at all.
SpeedRcrX
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by SpeedRcrX »

Indiego Jones wrote: And for backorders, if you want to cancel your order and get a refund now, here's your option:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47109&p=690592#p690592
I don't want to add oil to the fire, but after this, I exchanged a few mails with him and then nothing. So when I heard Steve was doing better and ready to go back to business, I send him mails regularly but still nothing.

So I don't want people to get their hope up if they want to cancel their order.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Last time this happen we found out the he'll the man went though. I don't know how he is doing but I would give steve the benefit of the doubt that he didn't run off with the churches money.
SpeedRcrX
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by SpeedRcrX »

BendingOak wrote:Last time this happen we found out the he'll the man went though. I don't know how he is doing but I would give steve the benefit of the doubt that he didn't run off with the churches money.
I'm not implying that but a message from him or if he can't from someone close to him would be good and will comfort many customers.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

SpeedRcrX wrote:
BendingOak wrote:Last time this happen we found out the he'll the man went though. I don't know how he is doing but I would give steve the benefit of the doubt that he didn't run off with the churches money.
I'm not implying that but a message from him or if he can't from someone close to him would be good and will comfort many customers.

I'm the someone who is close to him or Marc that you would hear from. We have no contact with him. What does that tell you?
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

As far am I'm concerned, those who are posting to this thread with 'I don't have an AB on order, but...' need to politely mind their own business! -Unless they have information on Steve's current status.
While I second, third and 100th the sentiment that I could care less about a material object versus a man's well being, what all of us customers are wanting is some type of news; ie. it's gonna be xxxxx number of weeks, months longer, or due to unforseen circumstances, those not wanting to wait any longer can receive a full refund- and as he posted some time ago, he isn't giving anyone full refunds anymore, but a 'hat making kit' and the 'profit' he would have made from the sale.
I don't know about any other customers in que, but I have no idea what I would do with a cone of beaver felt, some satin and ribbon and a strip of leather. If I could get a refund, there are a couple other vendors I would buy a hat from. Even then, Steve said he lost our orders- I have let him know I was one of the lost orders- but I have no way of knowing that he knows my order is still pending.
I want nothing more than to have a genuine CS hat made by the man himself, but 3 1/2 years have gone by since I paid, and I don't have the money to buy another hat with. So I'm in a holding pattern, like everyone else, with no options other than to wait. [-o<
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

Kokopelli wrote:As far am I'm concerned, those who are posting to this thread with 'I don't have an AB on order, but...' need to politely mind their own business! -Unless they have information on Steve's current status.
As I said on my post, I'm so sorry if my words hurt your feelings.
I renew my apologies to you.

The fact that I don't have an AB on order doesn't mean I can't empathize with you.

Regards.-
Philippines Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Philippines Jones »

So, if you ordered a hat, but never recieved it, please email me, at sdelk@cableone.net, with our current address, which Indy hat you wanted and you head measurments so I can get you guys finally covered. I cleaned out my inbox so there is plenty of room for your emails. I think I can get these orders knocked out in a very few months, just depending on how many I end up with. I don't think there should be that many, but I will find out here shortly from you. "

As per his request, I just sent Steve an email regarding my May 2008 order.

I will report what happens next.
lingarn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by lingarn »

Summary:

We don't want the hats over Steve's health.

We trust that Steve will make good on the orders if he is able to.

We are glad that there is a plan, even if the worst should happen.

But, we don't know if he even has our order anymore. And only he can tell us if he does. This is a genuine and reasonable cause for concern, not inappropriate or selfish.

End Summary.

I am more disturbed, frankly, by the report that BendingOak can't get in touch with him. As has been posted, Steve has never been what you'd call reliable where communication is concerned. Even in the best of times, it was not uncommon for people to send several e-mails before getting a response. But I guess I've sort of assumed that there were some people who would always get through, people he actually knew and such. If that is not the case, I am not sure what to do.

I guess I'll wait and see.
SpeedRcrX
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by SpeedRcrX »

BendingOak wrote: I'm the someone who is close to him or Marc that you would hear from. We have no contact with him. What does that tell you?
Since I've always been an optimist, I will think that Steve will get better and when he will be back to business I still plan to ask for a refund but since I don't need the cash that much, I will go with his option to have the "hat-kit" and some money for the craftsmanship.

I know that option is easier for him (he was willing a full refund when I explain my situation)

Hope you hear from Steve soon with good news.

Cordialement,
Last edited by SpeedRcrX on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I understand having concern over no posting or his health. Telling him how to handle his health and how he should share that is no one biz. It's a personal thing even if it effects his hat company. He still has to deal with it himself first. Example he didn't post about his cancer or his battle with it until it (what is hopefully it's end) behind him.

I don't think it's fare to tell him he should have someone keep people up to date on his health.