David Morgan 10 Foot Kangaroo Bullwhip from 1989!

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Collectedin89
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

David Morgan 10 Foot Kangaroo Bullwhip from 1989!

Post by Collectedin89 »

Unfortunately this beauty has now been sold but I thought you guys would like to see it. It's never been cracked and has been carefully looked after for over 20 years. I'm sure gonna miss it!

More detailed pictures -

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6074/610 ... e7ed_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6068/610 ... 088d_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6081/610 ... 2e8c_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6199/610 ... 1872_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6065/610 ... d87a_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6189/610 ... 7c6e_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6080/610 ... f0ca_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6078/610 ... d94d_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6085/610 ... 9352_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6181/610 ... 9881_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6207/610 ... da25_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6181/610 ... 58b6_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6065/610 ... f094_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Collectedin89 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
darksideman13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: David Morgan 10 Foot Kangaroo Bullwhip from 1989!

Post by darksideman13 »

WOW!!! That is amazing. I would love to get my hands on that beauty and see how well it cracks after all those years of non use. If you dont mind me asking, why did you sell it?
Collectedin89
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Collectedin89 »

I am selling my whole huge collection of Indiana Jones memorabilia for these reasons...

I collected it all between the years of 1989 and 1992. I sourced all the Indy gear way before the internet. I had pen pals all over the world. I was around 12 years old and it was all payed for out of pocket money I saved up. I am no longer that kid. Puberty, women, alcohol, independence and responsabilities have all come since. A lot has happened in my life. I am a 34 year old man now and the pressures of life and the strains of adulthood have become a priority.

I will always love the films and have an encyclopedic knowledge of them, I am just no longer an obsessive collector of merchandise any more. This stuff has all been carefully stored away at my Mum's for over 20 years and I just have no use for it these days, I rarely look at the items now so finally I got around to listing and photographing the whole collection and have now started selling them piecemeal. My main concern is that they go to a good home and someone who appreciates them and so far, they are. Plus I was offered a huge amount of money for the bullwhip that I just couldn't refuse.

Sorry for waffling!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

BEAUTIFUL Morgan! =P~

As a friendly reminder, you might want to review the rules regarding number of photos posted per thread, which is a maximum of 6.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to convert several of these to links if you don't mind.

Thanks! :TOH:

Rergards! Michaelson
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Collectedin89 wrote:I am selling my whole huge collection of Indiana Jones memorabilia for these reasons...

I collected it all between the years of 1989 and 1992. I sourced all the Indy gear way before the internet. I had pen pals all over the world. I was around 12 years old and it was all payed for out of pocket money I saved up. I am no longer that kid. Puberty, women, alcohol, independence and responsabilities have all come since. A lot has happened in my life. I am a 34 year old man now and the pressures of life and the strains of adulthood have become a priority.

I will always love the films and have an encyclopedic knowledge of them, I am just no longer an obsessive collector of merchandise any more. This stuff has all been carefully stored away at my Mum's for over 20 years and I just have no use for it these days, I rarely look at the items now so finally I got around to listing and photographing the whole collection and have now started selling them piecemeal. My main concern is that they go to a good home and someone who appreciates them and so far, they are. Plus I was offered a huge amount of money for the bullwhip that I just couldn't refuse.

Sorry for waffling!
Make sure you brush up on current prices!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Hear hear! What we got for stuff years ago isn't anywhere CLOSE to what they're going for now!

Regard! Michaelson
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

Michaelson wrote:Hear hear! What we got for stuff years ago isn't anywhere CLOSE to what they're going for now!

Regard! Michaelson
That's why I kinda wish I had gotten into this hobby years ago. I might have bought a Morgan when it was still made by David, and

I might have something worth quite a bit right now :lol:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

That is one gorgeous bullwhip. Wish my DM was that vintage chocolatey brown hue. Whoever nabbed it is lucky, because that one is a genuine treasure. :whip:
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

If I had money, I'd be all over that whip. That is a one of a kind!

I could appreciate the whip completely. PM me and I'll give you my address and I'll give it a home....free of cost! Aren't I such a helpful person?
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

WhipDude wrote:If I had money, I'd be all over that whip. That is a one of a kind!

I could appreciate the whip completely. PM me and I'll give you my address and I'll give it a home....free of cost! Aren't I such a helpful person?
:lol:

Tell ya what, since it's taking up space that could be used for something else, you give me $50 and I'll take it off your hands for

ya :TOH:
kwh
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by kwh »

not sure what's being said here.but i would love a good whip like that.

keith
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Wow, that is very cool. And it looks a like KOTCS whip, which I think is pretty neat-o.

DHW
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

KOTCS? What reminds you CS whips?

Awesome piece of history. May I ask, how much has it been sold for?
Collectedin89
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Collectedin89 »

Thankyou for all the compliments about the whip.

Like I say, it has now been sold as I am getting rid of my whole collection of Indy memorabilia. I just wanted to show it off one last time and see what you guys thought about it. I can't say how much it was sold for but I sure will miss it.

It's been interesting hearing your views. I would have mentioned it sooner but I have only recently joined and figured out how to post pictures!

Thanks again and have a great weekend guys!
Last edited by Collectedin89 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

I think if I had an extensive collection in this particular hobby and had collected items going that far back, have you considered keeping them and maybe passing them on through the family? I mean, emotions are what they are, but you might feel differently about it some day, 10-20 years?
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

I think the color is very CS: it looks like a natural version of what the prop master requested: whiskey color, with the knots being a darker, brandy color.

That's why I said it looks like a KOTCS whip. You disagree?

DHW
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

I agree a bit. CS knots were darker, but the overall color looks familiar.

I asked because I didn't know what you had on mind when you wrote it looked very CS. If you mean color, then I can agree, but if there was something else I can't ;)
TREX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by TREX »

Thanks for posting those pics!!!
Very cool, & rare to see a whip that is such an awesome collector piece & soooo surprising that it hasn't even been cracked!!!???
If it was my Whip & I had just sold it, I would have to go out side & be the first person to crack it at least once before sending it off - I'm just saying :)

-T.Rex
Collectedin89
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Collectedin89 »

@ Michaelson.

I apologise for posting too many pictures. As you know, I am new here and still finding my feet and I have only just figured out how to post pictures. After a lot of trial and error I managed to do it and totally forgot about your rules.

Sorry if I put you to any trouble or offended you in any way, I just wanted people to see these pictures after they had been asking for them.
Collectedin89
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Collectedin89 »

Again, thankyou for all the kind words and compliments, you are right, the guy that brought it is very lucky, I will indeed miss it.

I never cracked it properly but I did hold the end of the whip once and swung the fall and cracked it that way but I never cracked it using the entire length. I brought it as a kid and only had a small room and garden and lived in a built up area and nowhere outdoors was suitable to play around with it really. Plus, I didn't want to damage it or anything so I just kept it on display and as I grew up I stored it away, greasing it from time to time. I have hardly seen it really in the last 20 years and now it's sold I won't be seeing it again! I have no desire to crack it properly before I send it off, the new owner can do that if he wishes.

It is a beautiful chocolately brown colour now. I agree, it is similiar to the Crystal Skull whip because of the darker colour it became with age. You are right, the knots are slightly darker like the Crystal Skull whip. When I was younger though, I always compared it to a Temple of Doom or Last Crusade whip as it darkened.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Steve, I told you that everyone would like your Morgan. ;)
Collectedin89
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Collectedin89 »

Canyon wrote:Steve, I told you that everyone would like your Morgan. ;)
Ha ha! You did!

I'm really pleased with the comments and the love been shown.
drewtheman
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by drewtheman »

Wow awsome whip! Well taken care of.
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

It looks that way because it's never been used :lol:
Collectedin89
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Collectedin89 »

riku1914 wrote:It looks that way because it's never been used :lol:
That's right! Never been used and has been lovingly cared for, for 22 years! Thanks for the compliments.