Wested trousers?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wested trousers?

Post by Magnum »

So has anyone taken the plunge and ordered the new Wested trousers, since they first went on sale on Monday? Please tell all your stories.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I did. Nothing to report just yet. There hasn't been any updates to the order page so I just put my info in the "Special Request" section. I am sure it will be updated in due time.

Pyro.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

The message I received today regarding the pants.

Unfortunately, we are not quite ready for these items to be sold but I have added you to our priority list...
So, it looks like they are still working on getting ready for market. I'll post more as it comes in.

Pyro.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I received an email from Peter earlier this week. He had a few more questions about my size.

No indication as far as a ship date but it's exciting to know things are bubbling over at Wested.

I'll keep you posted.
Pyro.
Dakota Hurly
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Dakota Hurly »

I plan to in the spring.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

I'm sure the pants will be great. But the question is, will the color be accurate? I really don't want to have to dye some pants. Peter should clear this up before people place orders. Will we have a choice of colors? Is the color of the sample pants, the same as the final product? Will we have to wait for someone to receive their pants and post pics before we find out?
Cassidy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Cassidy »

Yeah, I'm kind of leary that they won't be the same colour as the one's that Noel offered. While this is an exciting development, I really hope Wested nails this one.

I'm wondering, what with 'Raiders' being the clear favourite around these parts, why Peter hasn't hooked up with Noel's suppliers to get the greyish-taupe fabric to make 'Raiders' trousers. Curious. Was this ever addressed by Peter?
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The material for the Indy pants is Calvary Twill.

And Peter is working on getting it in stock.

Mike
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Trousers and Shirts

Post by Pyroxene »

Ok, here's the latest info that I have. My order has been submitted for production.
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 5:58 AM
Subject: RE: Shirt/Trouser Order number XXXX

| Thank you for re-submitting your order which I am pleased to advise I
| have processed for production today under order number XXXX, which I
| would ask you to quote in all future correspondence.
|
| I look forward to despatching your items in the next few weeks.
|
| Cheers Peter
According to Peter, the shirt will be 100% Egyptian cotton.

and, I must have missed a post because when I asked for one shirt in heavyweight and one in lightweight, his response was:
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 8:31 AM
Subject: RE: WESTED LEATHER - INDIANA JONES SHIRT

We are also only going to be offering one type of shirt, the lighter weight one and not both, it was just the prototype that was made from the heavier fabric.

Cheers Peter
Stay Tuned for more info.

Pyro.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Bufflehead Jones wrote:I'm sure the pants will be great. But the question is, will the color be accurate?
I know that this is a big questions for many of you and rightfully so. For me, however, it isn't. I simply like the unique cut and design of the garments.

That being said, I am happy to post as many pics as necessary to compare these garments to Noels, LLBean and anything else I can get my hands on.

The next few weeks will be very exciting.

Pyro.
Torpedo Jones
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Torpedo Jones »

Hi all !!

I did my order of the pants and the shirt last week :D , and on March 1
I recived Peter's e-mail saying " your shirt and pants order has been processed for production "

I'm impatient for receiving them, since they are my first pants and shirt of Indy. I have neither the shirt nor pants of NH therefore, I cannot compare them. Wen it receives them I will try to fix some pic.
I would be helpful if someone was saying to me of as being able to fix them :?: .

Saludos
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Pyroxene wrote: That being said, I am happy to post as many pics as necessary to compare these garments to Noels, LLBean and anything else I can get my hands on.
Pyro.
Hey Pyro, I have an Indiana Dan shirt. If you wanna throw that into the mix maybe we can meet up. I may be trying to make it to Waco in the next 6 weeks after I get moved.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Sounds great, ITG. Let me know how it looks.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Pyro, I just remembered: I also have a Cabelas and a NH shirt if ya need 'em!
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

The Indiana Dan shirt is the best darn shirt I have ever seen. Whether you are looking for compelte accuracy and care about the stitching pattern on the yoke, the width to the mm of the pleats, or you just want a shirt which looks closest to the one on screen without actually knowign all the other stuff (me) you cant get much better than this one.

Ken
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

Indiana Texas-girl wrote:
Pyroxene wrote: That being said, I am happy to post as many pics as necessary to compare these garments to Noels, LLBean and anything else I can get my hands on.
Pyro.
Hey Pyro, I have an Indiana Dan shirt. If you wanna throw that into the mix maybe we can meet up. I may be trying to make it to Waco in the next 6 weeks after I get moved.
Hey, let me know when you come down. I'll bring the shirt my mother for made. It is almost an exact replica for an NH except for the color (more stone/light tan than pink) and a few other little details.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Band Director Jones wrote: Hey, let me know when you come down. I'll bring the shirt my mother for made. It is almost an exact replica for an NH except for the color (more stone/light tan than pink) and a few other little details.
Will do, my friend!
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Indiana Texas-girl wrote:
Band Director Jones wrote: Hey, let me know when you come down. I'll bring the shirt my mother for made. It is almost an exact replica for an NH except for the color (more stone/light tan than pink) and a few other little details.
Will do, my friend!
Sounds like a mini-summit brewing......Cool