LL bean pants

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

LL bean pants

Post by Indiana »

Hey guys!
I was on the LLBean site, looking at their dress pants (indy style) and noticed they're not offering them in taupe, the closest color they had, anymore! If im mistaken please correct me!
Just FYI,
Indiana
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

I dont hink so...

Taupe

DArk Olive gray

the DOG is darker.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

The taupe was a very distinctive color. That's too bad. I was hoping to get another pair.

Irregardless of color, I like their pants the best.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

But if you noticed, they now have Dark Olive Gray, And no, Indiana, that color you've displayed is not Dark Olive Gray, Dark Olive Gray is a gray color that reminds me of the NH pants. :junior: -IJ
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

Yea, Ive displayed dark olive grey, its direct from LLBeans website, and it even says the color int he corner.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

sometimes they change the color, before they update the pics.
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

They are clearly a different color. The taupe is more of a dark sand and the DOG is more army pant color.
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

S.O.L.?? :oops: :?:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Uh, that means 'simply outta luck', or words to that effect. :roll: Regards. Michaelson
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

Thanks... :)
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

FYI, I called today and asked about the taupe color. I was told they were simply out of stock and a new shipment was due in before the end of this week. I was assured that that had not discontinued the color or changed the name of the color. I don't know how much of the information I got was correct (we all know how customer service people can be), but that is what I was told. So we will have to wait and see.
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

Lets cross our fingers...
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Band Director Jones wrote:FYI, I called today and asked about the taupe color. I was told they were simply out of stock and a new shipment was due in before the end of this week. I was assured that that had not discontinued the color or changed the name of the color. I don't know how much of the information I got was correct (we all know how customer service people can be), but that is what I was told. So we will have to wait and see.
Thanks for following up, BDJ!
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I just ordered a pair of Dark Olive Grey. I'll compare it with my Taupe when it arrives.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

As I noted before... I just got a pair of these in Taupe from my wife this Christmas. One of the reasons why they're out of stock is because folks like me asked for them for Christmas.

... and no. I'm not sorry.
auntsugar
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Back at the workbench....tinkering--always tinkering.

Post by auntsugar »

Maybe HatsDirect will stock these next. Or, maybe the rest of us can just order all of the remaining Feds.
You know, to see how you like it...
Thanks alot!
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Reverse psychology

You folks don't have the STONES to buy up all the Akubra Federations!

I dare you!

No... I DOUBLE DOG DARE YAH!
auntsugar
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Back at the workbench....tinkering--always tinkering.

Post by auntsugar »

I performing a slight breach of ettiquite, bypassing the triple dare-you, and going right for the throat:
"I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU"
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Oh ...my...God! A triple dog dare! No way you can back down from that one.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Just to get this topic back on track... and maybe rub it in a little more that I got a new pair and you guys DON'T:

I've worn them twice since Christmas and the only thing I can say is that the collor is spot on and they fit great. What was the word my wife used...

"Sexy".
AntonioPastor
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by AntonioPastor »

They only have left sizes 30 and 32.
Anyway don't panic, remember Peter Botwright is going to make them, a bit more expensive, but more accurate, I'm sure.

Adios
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Anyone familar with this style...
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... s&sale=yes

Are these more of a bootcut...it says straight legged and I'm wondering if it's an almost bootcut style.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I have a pair. Nice pants but they don't have the button through flap pockets.
TheMantis
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheMantis »

There is an outlet in New Jersey in Flemington and they have Taupe pants same style in quite a few different sizes...!
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Dress Chinos, Classic Fit Pleated In either the classic or natural fit are the way to go, and the Dark Khaki color is the way to go in the mean time.

These are close enough while waiting for the Taupe to get back into stock. Although... the taupe looked pretty awesome on my Saturday night for my wife's company party.
TreasureHunter
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by TreasureHunter »

Here is another alternative I just saw in the Filson catalog/website (Single tin pants, dry finish in dark tan color). I haven't seen these in person, but Filson usually puts out a nice product, in not a bit expensive. Unfortunately the website only shows the khaki color, but the mag show the "dark tan" and to me it looks like a pretty good match. Check them out yourself at: www.filson.com/79.htm

They have another version with pleats, but no back pocket flaps. I prefer the flaps over the pleats, but to each their own.

FYI,
TreasureHunter[/img]
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Pyroxene wrote:I just ordered a pair of Dark Olive Grey. I'll compare it with my Taupe when it arrives.
Just to follow-up, the color of the pants are not the same. There is definately green in the pants.

And, I haven't seen Taupe show up on their site, yet.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

I was recently in Freeport and the Dark Olive Grey are definitely Green, more green than gray. I would call them Dark Gray Green. The Dark Khaki color is nice, but not authentic. I also asked, and there will be no more taupe in this season's selection. Maybe next year. In the meantime, check the LL Bean outlets.
Shishak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Shishak »

This happened a couple of years ago as well. The taupe was discontinued and I asked if it was coming back. I was told that taupe is a seasonal color and they don't usually carry it year-round. So don't panic yet. It could come back again. In the meantime, save your money and when it does come back, stock up!
Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Starman Jones »

I bought and received a pair of first class twills in taupe from LLB about 3 weeks ago. They were on sale from $75 to $50. They have the button through flaps. In their absence, if you can do without the flaps, the cavalary twills in dark tan are a good choice. The color is actually a little lighter than milk chocolate. http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... =ssdpb1003
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Minnesota Jones once purchased a pair of LL Beans unfinished. Then, had them altered and used the extra material to make pocket flaps.

Just an idea.
Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Starman Jones »

[quote]Dear Mr. Lantrip,

Thank you for contacting L.L. Bean again regarding the First Class
Twills, TA43885.

I am sorry, the Twills have been discontinued and are not longer
available in either color. We do not have any current plans to replace the
Twills. I am sorry to disappoint you.

Please let us know if you have additional questions, Mr. Lantrip. We
are always happy to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Lauren
L.L.Bean Customer Service
www.llbean.com
800-441-5713

[/quote

Read'em and weep (or least sniffle a bit). :( I posted about 3 weeks ago these pants, also known as LLB Travelers were on sale for $49.95. The color is just about dead on. correct pocket flaps, just no button fly, but did have double-pleated front and no cuffs. I managed to get a pair, wish now I had bought 2.
LuckyLighter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LuckyLighter »

I was just on the LL Bean website and I saw a pair of pants that looked almost spot on for the Indy pants. It's called "Lightweight Chino Pants, Pleated". The color is Eucalyptus.

I'd like to know if anyone thinks this pair looks pretty accurate before I buy them.

Also, do any of my Jersey friends know if the Flemington outlet carries the Indy shirt?
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

I spoke to LL Bean customer service the other day and the fellow seemed to be very conscientious and thorough. When I inquired as to the status of the pants in the taupe color, he put me on hold and contacted the procurement department. He was told that all catalogs for spring, summer and fall had already been printed and there was no taupe. He said beyond that it was undetermined if taupe would be back. If this information is correct, it did not sound promising to me.
LuckyLighter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LuckyLighter »

I went to the LL Bean outlet in Flemington, NJ, and they had a huge stock of the Dress Chinos in Taupe. There had to be about 30 or 40 on the display shelf. Since they only had one pair in my size, I felt a little gyped, but I figured I pass this info along to anyone in Jersey. Or anyone who lives near an LL Bean outlet. I asked the lady at the checkout counter what the deal was with the chinos, she said that the outlet stores get all the items that are either overstock or discontinued. So, if you know where there is an LL Bean near you, give it a shot, they'll probably have them. The only problem is that the sizes they had available were really weird.
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaGuybrush »

Anyone in Jersey feel like doing a little recon? I'm sure if you went and bought up the pants you'd get some interested parties, especially since it looks like the pants aren't coming back! :shock:

I'd do it myself if I were home (Brooklyn) but I am currently in Ithaca, NY which I am convinced is the furthest I could possibly be from ANYWHERE. :x

In all seriousness though, if anybody in the area close to an LL Bean outlet feels like doing a good deed, I would be more than happy to pay for the pants, shipping, and a lil' extra for gas money :wink:
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

I just ordered a couple pairs of the dark tan pleated cavalry twill pants mentioned by Starman Jones earlier. I kept trying to order online and it kept telling me that the size and color I wanted was not available. I called on the phone and was able to order the pants. Since online I was not able to get the size and color I wanted, but I was able to over the phone, it sounded to me like they were low on stock and possibly these items were on clearence. I asked and she confirmed that they were on clearence. So, if you have tried to order these online and were not able to, call and place the order over the phone, you may be sucessfull. They are not bad for someone looking for a cheap alternative, they are currently $24.95.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... =ssdpb1003
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Thanks for the post Bufflehead, I just ordered 2 pairs myself, one in dark tan and one in charcoal. BTW, folks, these really are nice pants and for $25 you CANNOT go wrong!
LuckyLighter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LuckyLighter »

IndianaGuybrush wrote:Thanks for the post Bufflehead, I just ordered 2 pairs myself, one in dark tan and one in charcoal. BTW, folks, these really are nice pants and for $25 you CANNOT go wrong!
I just checked out the site, do you think the olive colored pants look accurate at all? On my screen they look pretty darn accurate.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I own a pair of Olive and they are green. Not taupe colored at all. I'll post a comparison tonight.
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Yeah there was some confusion for awhile between the 'dark olive grey' and the 'olive' and such. As far as I can tell the 'olive' pants are closer to a green army fatigue than to a taupe color. Maybe if I wash my dark tan and charcoal pants together I will get closer to taupe :-k :lol: