For my Birthday (and Harrison's!) I wore my Washington Suit!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

For my Birthday (and Harrison's!) I wore my Washington Suit!

Post by DarenHenryW »

Check it out!

Enjoy!

DHW
Last edited by DarenHenryW on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: For my Birthday (and Harrison's!) I wore my Washington S

Post by Indiana Jeff »

What a dapper looking couple! (as my Dad would say). :clap:

Hope you didn't run into any bureaucratic fools.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

What knot is that you're wearing? Doesn't look like the windsor that Indy is rocking. :P
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

Jealous! Of both the suit and of your luck with the beautiful retro ladies. Happy belated birthday!
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Strider wrote:What knot is that you're wearing? Doesn't look like the windsor that Indy is rocking. :P
I can see by the smilie that you are only teasing, but it's still a point well-taken. I only know that one knot, and yes, it's clearly different than Ford's. I need to expand my tie-tying knowledge. I also don't own any bow-ties, nor can I tie one. :)

DHW
Luke Warmwater
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luke Warmwater »

Did your wife buy you a drink? You know, a drink?
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Great look!

BTW - thanks for sharing pics of your Washington Suit on your birthday, rather than pics of you in your birthday suit in Washington!
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

DarenHenryW wrote:
Strider wrote:What knot is that you're wearing? Doesn't look like the windsor that Indy is rocking. :P
I can see by the smilie that you are only teasing, but it's still a point well-taken. I only know that one knot, and yes, it's clearly different than Ford's. I need to expand my tie-tying knowledge. I also don't own any bow-ties, nor can I tie one. :)

DHW
I believe that knot you have there is the four-in-hand knot. Do yourself a favor and learn the half windsor. You'll never go back!
HabuSake
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by HabuSake »

Very snazzy, Daren!
maboot38 wrote: BTW - thanks for sharing pics of your Washington Suit on your birthday, rather than pics of you in your birthday suit in Washington!
:rolling: Haha I was thinking the same thing.
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

DarenHenryW wrote:

DHW
Don't feel bad about it. I did not own a bow tie for many years, and only learned how to tie one from Hemmingway Jones' online tutorial. Also, I only know three knots, while some here know double that many knots, if not more.

I disagree, though, about the knot being a four-in-hand. That's the knot my dad taught me the first time I ever needed to tie a tie, and I've always seen it as the "regular guy" knot. I am thinking that the way the knot looks to me looks like a half-windsor, which is an okay knot as far as tie knots go. I love the full windsor knot; I feel like it's the "formal knot," though I find many modern ties can't really accommodate it very well, if at all. I fluctuate between the four-in-hand and the full windsor, but have been known to do the half windsor on rare occasion for grins and giggles.

Shoot, I could teach you to tie 3 knots in 10 minutes if I was in the same room with you. Kudos, though, on tying it yourself and not buying a clip on.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Half windsors don't get all wonky and sideways like his is. Four in hands are known to do that, that's why I guessed it was the four in hand. Also, usually when someone only knows one knot, it is the four in hand, another reason why I suspect that is the knot he's wearing. To confirm, Darren could look up how to tie a four in hand and see if that his how he ties a tie.

However, we're not here to admire his tie. We're admiring his birthday suit.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Yeah, boot, looks like a 4 in hand to me too. Windsors keep the triangular shape when tied correctly. Full Windsors are just larger, and give you that 70's style fist size knots.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

It's weird to say, but MAN I love lookin' at photos of Daren in suits like this... The guy just pulls off the look so well!
:D

Now, if you KNOW me you know that I'm secure enough that I don't feel the need to add "but... y'know... I say that in a totally hetero way..." and "NOT that there's anything wrong with that..." etc, etc... ;)

But for the record, THANKS Daren for putting your beautiful wife in some of these photos...
('cuz y'know, when my wife peeks over my shoulder and sees me looking at photos of a fella lookin' smart in his suit, she sorta' understands it better when she spots a pretty brunette somewhere in there, too!)
:P

(All jokes aside, though... Lookin' GOOD, DHW!) :tup: