Indy shirt comparisons

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Indy shirt comparisons

Post by Canyon »

I have started to put all of my gear on flickr (inspired by agent5). :)

Some time ago, I took my Noel Howard, Magnoli and Wested shirts out into the sunlight to compare them.

From left to right - Noel Howard/Magnoli/Wested

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8325722@N0 ... 125352353/

Let me know what you guys think. :wink:
rjallen70
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rjallen70 »

I think they all look great!
Love comparison pics.
I Like my wested even more now. :)
Thanks!
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

Great shirts! I really like the Noel Howard's shirt.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

rjallen, thanks. :P

indy89, yes, the Noel Howard shirt is fantastic and the material is great! :D
Indiana Max
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Max »

Thanks Canyon for this comparison :tup:
Great shirts, I still prefer Peters one :wink:
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

You'r welcome, my friend. :D
Mr. Z
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Z »

Nice! I'm glad I have the Wested too. :)
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Indy shirt comparisons

Post by Canyon »

I'm just bumping up this thread so that newer members can see the comparisons. ;)

Also, I think this is an interesting comparision, as the pictures were taken outside. :TOH:
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

Canyon wrote:I'm just bumping up this thread so that newer members can see the comparisons. ;)

Also, I think this is an interesting comparision, as the pictures were taken outside. :TOH:
Awesome comparison shots! Is that the MBA TOD or LC Canyon? :TOH:
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Indydude18, thank you so much! :TOH:

According to the Noel Howard price list (I bought the shirt from him before he passed away) it is the Temple of Doom/Last Crusade shirt as apparently, both shirts have darker buttons. ;)

You might be interested in this thread as it appears that the LC shirt is perhaps different from the ToD one. ;) viewtopic.php?t=42262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

I hope Canyon doesn't mind me posting these pictures here, but I wanted to show you guys a couple of more Indy Shirts comparisons!
Anyone want to "lend" me their WPG shirt to complete my Raider's shirts collection? ;)
Anywho, Canyon has already agreed to send me her ToD shirt, ain't that right Canyon? :lol:

From Bottom to Top: NH, MBA, AB, Magnoli's in Stone

Indoors

Flash

NH

MBA

Magnoli

AB

My Ranking IMO:
NH: No doubt in my mind, this shirt is king. It has the same sheen, cut, color; every detail is just like the original screen-used shirt. :tup: :tup:
MBA: 2nd best, apart from some small differences in the cut, this shirt is 99.98% identical to the NH. :tup: :tup:
AB: I love the AB's color! Perfect for the Cairo scenes! Superb quality and attention to detail! GOOD JOB MARC! :tup: :tup:
Magnoli: This shirt is tough as nails. I wear this shirt more than I wear any other because of it's comfort and durability, and super SA to boot! :tup:

Any and all feedback is welcome! :TOH:
indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyexpat »

Great shirt comparisons. I just unpacked my newly delivered shirt from Todds. I bought M and L to try out both sizes but fortunately the M fit perfectly and was the first I tried on. :)

Fresh in the mail:

Side by side:

Note: in picture two I included the paper so anyone wanting to play around with white balance can see the effects from a base color. Now to find the best pants. Think Todds are looking favorable! Jacket, sheepskin?.. hmm
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

indydude18 wrote:I hope Canyon doesn't mind me posting these pictures here, but I wanted to show you guys a couple of more Indy Shirts comparisons!
Anyone want to "lend" me their WPG shirt to complete my Raider's shirts collection? ;)
Anywho, Canyon has already agreed to send me her ToD shirt, ain't that right Canyon? :lol:
Not at all. ;)

And good luck with trying to fit into my Noel Howard ToD/LC shirt. The size is a small ;) :mrgreen: :rolling:
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

Indyexpat,

Those shirts look great! Todd makes a super nice and SA shirt but my favorite thing about them is the fabric. It's very nice to wear as a summer shirt! Hope you have great adventures with your shirts! :tup:
Not at all.

And good luck with trying to fit into my Noel Howard ToD/LC shirt. The size is a small
No problem Canyon, just provide the shirt, I'll lather myself up with butter and it should fit, no problem! ;)
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

How much are the AB shirts?
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

Indyzane,

I believe they are €69 shipped. I got mine second hand. :tup:
indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyexpat »

indydude18 wrote:Indyexpat,

Those shirts look great! Todd makes a super nice and SA shirt but my favorite thing about them is the fabric. It's very nice to wear as a summer shirt! Hope you have great adventures with your shirts! :tup:
Not at all.

And good luck with trying to fit into my Noel Howard ToD/LC shirt. The size is a small
No problem Canyon, just provide the shirt, I'll lather myself up with butter and it should fit, no problem! ;)
Todds have done a great job so far but tragedy; seems no stock left on virtually anything! No boots (new supplier sought), no pants and no jackets. I really like the pants and jacket so I guess I need to find another :-k
Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Post by Indiana Jake »

Here's my take on the Indy shirt color. Until we get an actual shirt in our hands, we'll never know. After looking in my closet at a number of my Indy shirts that have been recently available, the color on all of them looks right if the lighting is right. They all look a little different with each pair of pants as well. One day outside the WPG shirt looks the part, and then indoors, my Azuma shirt has the right shade. You may have one shirt that looks good with a specific pair of pants, and look not so good with another. And don't get me started on which maker has the right 'this-or-that'. It's only us gearheads who know. Outside of the hobby it's just another Khaki shirt.

Indiana Jake
indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyexpat »

I can see me buying one of everything to be sure.. I do think the Todd shirt is a lovely shirt but is peach in colour. Watching all of the Indy films back-to-back they seem to vary from off-white to olive in Raiders to olive all the way through Last Crusade. By that I mean a green tint not green itself.

I will likely ignore the labels on my Todds shirt and add a little bleach to lighten it.. or just wear it and wash it until it looks right. Looking forward to receivig the pants now. I do think the tailoring on the Todds look the most authentic. Todd Jacket is proving a problem and not convinced by the Bantu Wind. Magnoli Boots in Saddle look good and like the colour options very much.

If I get the right gear I'll proudly show it off on my travels..
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Great looking shirts. I own a MBA shirt myself, with the dark LC buttons. I had made two copies using the patterns of the original one I have. Will probably get more copies done somewhere in the future as my MBA won't last forever.
The buttons are nowhere near to screen accurate on those ones but are easily fixed. Will post some pics as soon as I'm able.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

I just took some snaps of my shirts. The MBA one and a copy made a couple of years ago. Will probably get more copies later this year.

MBA in the front, in the back "the copy"

"the copy" and the MBA

the MBA one is on the right. notice the buttons on the copy. need to change them although I quite like the feel of them.

The Copy in front of the MBA.
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

Doctor_Jones,
Those shirts look horrible, please send them to me immediately so I may dispose of them properly :lol: :lol:

Amazing shirts! Those copies look spot on! Especially the color!

We should really use this thread to have people show off their favorite Indy Shirts!
Post them up people! :tup: :tup: :tup:
indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyexpat »

Doctor_Jones wrote:Great looking shirts. I own a MBA shirt myself, with the dark LC buttons. I had made two copies using the patterns of the original one I have. Will probably get more copies done somewhere in the future as my MBA won't last forever.
The buttons are nowhere near to screen accurate on those ones but are easily fixed. Will post some pics as soon as I'm able.
Shirt does indeed look like a fine contender. If we all order this might help with quality/price?
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

I'll need to check what they ask for making those again. Don't know if the guys who made the copies are able to work in sizes. I mean, I got an XXL and all these copies are XXL's. So can they convert the patterns of an XXL to an XL, L, M and S? I wonder...
I try to get some more information for you guys as soon as possible.

and would anyone be interested to get this shirt if i could/should offer them?
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

i just recieved from costumebase the indiana jones shirt . the color is a bit more yellow than my Todd's shirt. and the epulates are about a 1/2 inch longer than Todd's , i will be posting pics soon to let you see the shirts side by side . the material on costumebase shirt is a bit thicker thans Todd's shirt. the buttons are about the same color as Todd's though so they don't look dark .over all the shirt doesnt look bad , i bought an x-large and have yet worn the shirt, to see how the length of the shirt was , but it looks about the same as Todd's.
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

here are side by side shots of todd's shirt next to the costumebase shirt ----the costumebas eshirt looka bit more yellow in color both are a xlarge shirt
todd's is on the left and costumebase on the right .

the epulates are longer on the costumebase shirt

and the costumebase sleeve was longer

*** EDIT ****after washing my shirt from costume base i noticed the pocket's wouldn't close the buttons are the right size but they made the holes a tad tight. and with that this shirt will now become my indiana jones temple of doom ripped and torn shirt . :lol:
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

indyexpat wrote:Great shirt comparisons. I just unpacked my newly delivered shirt from Todds. I bought M and L to try out both sizes but fortunately the M fit perfectly and was the first I tried on. :)

Fresh in the mail:

Side by side:

Note: in picture two I included the paper so anyone wanting to play around with white balance can see the effects from a base color. Now to find the best pants. Think Todds are looking favorable! Jacket, sheepskin?.. hmm
Sorry to revamp an old thread, but are the pockets slightly smaller on the Medium than the Large? If you still own both, could you do a quick measurement for me? Or if anyone who owns a Medium and Large do some measurements for me?
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

If possible, I'd like to see a WPG next to an AB for color comparison.
I own the AB but wondering if WPG shirt is closer in stone color...