Indy Trousers from Todd's Costumes (With pictures)!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Adirondack Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Indy Trousers from Todd's Costumes (With pictures)!

Post by Adirondack Jones »

For starters, hats off to Todd once again. Incredible job. Coyle's stuff is well made, reliable, accurate, and affordable. And he is a stand-up guy, working hard to satisfy all of us geeks.
Now, when he says that the pants fit your ACTUAL waist size, trust him. I usually wear a 34" waist in regular pants, although lately have been leaning towards a 36" (hey, I'm no kid any more). So when I measured my actual waist (and yes, I'll grudgingly say it in public), it measured more like a 38. Well, sez I, I've never worn a 38, but I'd better err on the side of ordering the 36". Well the pants came today and they are really, really, really nice, really, really, really SA, cut, color, the whole business. But, sure enough, the 36" were a tad tight. Not terrible, but, pretty snug. So I ran over to my tailor, he looked 'em over, checked 'em on me and said, yeah, he'd let them out pretty much all the way, which'll make 'em a 38". No biggie, eighteen bucks well spent for the alteration, but next pair I'll just sublimate my vanity and order the 38"s.
Once again, though, GREAT JOB Todd! You've come through once again.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Bartram wrote:Ok my size is in stock but I have a question on length.
You guys that have a pair already - do they wear on your waist (like dress pants) or more on your hips (like jeans).

This will help me (I'm long waisted) determine which inseam to get.

Thanks!

B
They fit me just like a suit or dress pants, which they actually seem to be. In the 30/40s men wore suit pants as we do everyday jeans today. Watch the old movies and even men working outside wear dress type pants.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/statelibra ... 441389857/
darkhelmet
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by darkhelmet »

Sorry gentlemen, my intent was not to insult a valued vendor. I love Todds products. Just wanted to avoid having to make trips back and forth to the Post Office which is several miles from my home and spend extra money in return shipping. I work 6pm to 6am so I sleep most of my day away.

Will measure my current lot of 36 pants to find a happy average. Look forward to completing my screen accurate Indy gear with Todd. :)
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I have found that the same waist size fits me regardless of brand. Some are slightly bigger or smaller, but I always end up somewhere within the same size. Up is always too big, down is always too small. :|
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

I 've got my pants in today and i have to say they are amazing! great color , i ordered the 36x 32 and the waist was a little snug but the length was perfect. thank you todd for getting these made! here are some pics ......now im todd's complete ( i also ordered a brown web belt )

Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Looking good my friend! :clap: How old is your Todds Indy shirt? I like that color, not so yellow like the 1 generation. Maybe I'm wrong?

Now one thing I've noticed over the last few days the waist has seem to relax a little. The pants are not so snug as they used to be? Which is a good thing.

I'm totally loving my pants though!
Bartram
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bartram »

Indyclone,
Looks great! You wear them well!

Question, do you normally wear a 32 inseam?
And if so, is the break similar to what we're seeing in the photo's above?

Thanks,
B

P.S. Oh, and is that an 8ft or 10ft Todd's whip you've got there?
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Great pics, Indyclone! It looks like those cuffs could be taken up an inch or so. The back should come down a little lower than mid-heel (your heel). It looks like yours could hang down past the sole.

-Todd
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

My second order of pants arrived today! These are 39x33 which weren't available when I first ordered. I thought a 39 waist would not be an option, so I had ordered 38x33.

I wear a 38x32 in both suit pants and levis, my waist measures 39.5 and the waist is perfect on me. I think the length is a little long and the break in the front may fold to much. What do you think?

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, nobody was here to take the pictures for me and you know how anxious we get.

more pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35223822@N ... 045459256/
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Tundrarider wrote:
lantzn wrote:I think the length is a little long and the break in the front may fold to much. What do you think?
They look great!

They might be a tad long, but I never would have noticed had you not pointed it out. If you look at the rear shots, they are also "breaking" in the back. I could be wrong, but I think the back of the cuff should be smooth and the front have the solid 4" break. :)

But they look great, as is! I think you can get away with a bit long way better than a bit short! :H:

Michael :TOH:
I pulled up CS and took some screenshots of Indy picking up his hat. He does wear his pants extremely long. Considering all the action he does it probably keeps the pants from riding up his legs and looking to short as well as for protection like in jungle environments.

indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

Bartram wrote:Indyclone,
Looks great! You wear them well!

Question, do you normally wear a 32 inseam?
And if so, is the break similar to what we're seeing in the photo's above?

Thanks,
B

P.S. Oh, and is that an 8ft or 10ft Todd's whip you've got there?

i do wear 32 inseam , i like the baggy look at the bottom , if you look at some of the pics of indy in the streets of cairo it has a baggy look to them

i have a 8 ft todds whip :)
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

Indyzane wrote:Looking good my friend! :clap: How old is your Todds Indy shirt? I like that color, not so yellow like the 1 generation. Maybe I'm wrong?

Now one thing I've noticed over the last few days the waist has seem to relax a little. The pants are not so snug as they used to be? Which is a good thing.

I'm totally loving my pants though!
i bought my shirt about a year ago and the stone color looks good . i'm glad todd's was there for all my indy needs :)
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Great looking pants, fellas! :clap:

Indyclone and lantzn, awesome pictures!!! :mrgreen:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

There's no doubt there's a change in Indy's wardrobe between 1-3 and 4. I'm sure it had to do a lot with his age. I'm 51 and about the same build as Ford then and now. I wear a lot looser fitting and baggier close now then when I was 25-40. That's probably why I leaned towards the CS wardrobe because I relate better to it. I hadn't realized how long his pants were in CS until I saw those screenshots so I'm most happy these longer 33s compared to my shorter suit pants of 32s.
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Hey Mark..

Cool shots! The trousers and the length look great to me.. I prefer a slightly more baggy look as well, so I'd ordered 36 x 31, and I was wondering what height you are? I'd guess that you and I are fairly close in height, in which case the 31 will be perfect for me, but I wanted to know?

So, how tall are you sir? I'm 5'9" (176cm more or less), so I'm guessing about that? Perhaps a touch taller?

Thanks! And great trousers! :TOH:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

This is a great shot with all the shadowing in the hat and face.

TenuredProfessor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by TenuredProfessor »

With regards to length, I have two pairs and both with 32 inch inseam. I'm 5'10 and normally wear 32 inch inseam and these are both just a Tad longer than off the rack pants. I'm having one pair hemmed and leaving the other as is :TOH: Hats off to Todd!!! As opposed to pants :? :CR: Seriously, these :whip: are the perfect Raiders pants. Anybody want a couple pairs of Westeds?
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Tenured..

Thank you for the swift response mate! Yeah, it's looking good that the 31's will be spot on for my height.. The waist I'm not worried about at all, but the length.. Well.. I have a tailor friend who can do the job, but there's nothing quite like getting pants you can wear as soon as you want to eh?

I'm relieved... You're taller than me and 32 is just a touch longer than you'd normally wear... 31 will be about the same for me... Baggy but decent...

Ahhhh...Quality..

Todd....You are doing one great job for all of us here sir. High regards to you and all there at Todd's :TOH: :TOH: :TOH:
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

fifthchamber wrote:Hey Mark..

Cool shots! The trousers and the length look great to me.. I prefer a slightly more baggy look as well, so I'd ordered 36 x 31, and I was wondering what height you are? I'd guess that you and I are fairly close in height, in which case the 31 will be perfect for me, but I wanted to know?

So, how tall are you sir? I'm 5'9" (176cm more or less), so I'm guessing about that? Perhaps a touch taller?

Thanks! And great trousers! :TOH:

i'm 6ft tall, but the pants look great ! i think i just have to smile more in the pics ?:)
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

here's another shot of my todds' pant's for the ladies ;)
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Thanks for the reply Mark...

As I said on Facebook, I reckon these pants are going to be perfect...Long enough to be well shaped for me, and Indy-enough to get away with a perfect copy in photos..Great stuff..

As for smiling? Nah...Indy was usually grimacing no? Or perhaps a wry smile only?

I reckon you're all good mate.. :TOH:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

My wife just got time to take some pictures this evening (8pm WA state). She kept trying to crack me up by trying to act like a NY photo shoot. I had to pull an Indy and take the camera away. :D

Here's some outdoor shots.

more pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35223822@N ... 7045459256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TenuredProfessor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by TenuredProfessor »

I have no doubt you'll end your search for Indy pants upon receiving your pair of Todd's fine work, Fifthchamber! I admit I'm wearing mine now while watching "Raiders" ! :o In a way I am a little sad....there has always been a sense of curiosity and satisfaction of discovery when searching out the perfect screen accurate gear. Now that I've found my pants, my last 'missing' or 'not quite there' part of my gear, I ...I ...guess I'll .....watch 'Raiders' on a Saturday night in my new pants!!!! WooHoooo!!! \:D/

That sounds a little sad, but it's early here on the west coast.....nights young!!!
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Yeah, agreed...These pants do look incredible..From all the shots so far, and from all the promo shots from Todd they look like THE trousers...Incredible work from Todd... :TOH:

I've got a pair on order from Magnoli (another pair actually, my second..), but they were ordered in February and still nothing..So it's getting close on a half year...I know when they do arrive, they'll be great too..But the Todd's? For that price? I think these maybe "it" for me...(I say that....LOL...I don't think it..)..

Great stuff all round...Thanks Lantzn..Wonderful photos Sir..They look lovely..Even without the Indy connection, these pants look great...

I can't wait for mine! ;)
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Indy Trousers from Todd's Costumes (With pictures)!

Post by lantzn »

Scotty wrote:They look great....
I'm just totally bummed about the sizes.
I'm 6'5" and I need 36 X 36
It says that there is no room to let out the hem on the site.
I'm just so disappointed about this.
I've been checkin here almost daily....

Scotty
Scotty measure the inseam on a pair of slacks or suit pants that fit you well. These seem to rung long. Let us know what you find.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Hi everybody!
I am so glad to see The Pants finally!! My height is 6"1feet,wear 36" waist trousers,jeans etc.Currently I wear jeans that are 34" on the inseam and they are longer than usual,which means that I will be buying Todds 36"x33" Indy pants.Perfect colour,pockets everything!!! Nicely done Todd!!You will be hearing from me soon..... ;)
edit: I did some measuring on my dress-pants and found out that 36"x32" is my size.Thanks Todd for more info.
Last edited by MARQ on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinketeam
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Trinketeam »

I've received mine right now, and all I have to say is WOW!!! The pants are awesome. Thanks to Todd's for this product.
yuji
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by yuji »

My pair arrived. Wow that was super fast! Thanks Todd.
Love the color. Very close to my Magnoli pants.(Todd/Magnoli/Wested)

tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

Todd's flaps are the best out of those three pants!
Quindy
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Quindy »

MARQ wrote:Hi everybody!
I am so glad to see The Pants finally!! My height is 6"1feet,wear 36" waist trousers,jeans etc.Currently I wear jeans that are 34" on the inseam and they are longer than usual,which means that I will be buying Todds 36"x33" Indy pants.Perfect colour,pockets everything!!! Nicely done Todd!!You will be hearing from me soon..... ;)
Amen. I read this thread several times and concluded the same.
I'm 6'1, 190 pounds and usually wearing 34"/34". After measuring on my own waist I'm between 36-37"... well more 36" than 37", so I chose 36". ;)
My trousers back is often touching ground and getting ripped so I ordered a 33" length to prevent these pants from getting damaged. That should also do the 1/2 inch over the heel.
Bartram
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bartram »

tomek9210 wrote:Todd's flaps are the best out of those three pants!
+ 1!!!!
Looks like the color is superior too - for Raider's pants.

Can't wait for mine to arrive!
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Yeah, for LC pants, I still love the color of the Westeds, but for Raiders these Todd's ones are looking fantastic!

Then again, who knows. I difference in film stock could account for the color "difference" between the movies.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Mine will be here tomorrow night, along with another Bantu picked out while at the shop! =P~ \:D/
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

hi folks check out my review on todds indiana jones pants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VcZUxXQVjg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Okay - got my pants today - WOW - proper period style lining in the pants as well - a real bonus! Todd's got a hit with this one!

...and on a cool gentleman's note - I noticed that the cost of postage to send me the pants was more than he charged - not much, but enough to make me realize how honest he is with his shipping costs. Hats off to this and to Todd :TOH:
Scotty
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Scotty »

Can these trousers be let out a couple of inches?
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

I think Todd said something about there being 2in. of room for tailoring?
New Jersey Jones
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Indy Trousers from Todd's Costumes (No pics yet)

Post by New Jersey Jones »

Puppetboy wrote:The pants can be easily let out about 2".

-Todd
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

Well, I got mine today at work. I was so excited that i tried them on during my break and to my....disappointment, the dimensions of these pants are very, very baggy. The waist was just right, but just entirely too much room everywhere. To reduce all the room in the crotch area, i had to pull them up to my chest. I will be having a tailor look at them before i make a decision on whether or not to have them altered or return them. Don't get me wrong, all other details are great, the fabric, the color, maybe I'm just oddly shaped, but they don't seem to fit as well as everyone else's out here.

jlhampton
Bartram
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bartram »

jlhampton wrote:Well, I got mine today at work. I was so excited that i tried them on during my break and to my....disappointment, the dimensions of these pants are very, very baggy. The waist was just right, but just entirely too much room everywhere. To reduce all the room in the crotch area, i had to pull them up to my chest. I will be having a tailor look at them before i make a decision on whether or not to have them altered or return them. Don't get me wrong, all other details are great, the fabric, the color, maybe I'm just oddly shaped, but they don't seem to fit as well as everyone else's out here.

jlhampton
JL,
Did you measure yourself at your waist on at your hips?

B
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

jlhampton wrote:Well, I got mine today at work. I was so excited that i tried them on during my break and to my....disappointment, the dimensions of these pants are very, very baggy. The waist was just right, but just entirely too much room everywhere. To reduce all the room in the crotch area, i had to pull them up to my chest. I will be having a tailor look at them before i make a decision on whether or not to have them altered or return them. Don't get me wrong, all other details are great, the fabric, the color, maybe I'm just oddly shaped, but they don't seem to fit as well as everyone else's out here.

jlhampton

they were made to be a bit baggy , as to give harrison more movement in running and fighting and so forth. mine are baggy too, but they really look good .
Last edited by indyclone on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

indyclone wrote:

jlhampton

they were made to be a bit baggy , as to give harrison more movement in running and fighting and so forth. mine are baby to but they really look good .
Yours are baby?? ;)
I like the baggy look of them myself!
indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyexpat »

Thanks for posting pictures. The Todds do indeed look rather good. I have shirts ordered and hope they are as authentic.. I'm now sold on the pants.
sithspawn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sithspawn »

I like the pants so much I ordered myself a 2nd pair. :TOH:
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

Bartram wrote:

jlhampton
JL,
Did you measure yourself at your waist on at your hips?

B
I measured my waist at the point that i wear my pants, just below the navel. I know that these are o.t.r. sizes and will not fit everyone perfectly. I could probably even gone down a size and they would have still fit in the waist quite well. Of course, I don't know how much this would affect the cut. As i said earlier, i had to pull them way up for them to not have so much extra space. The best example i can give is that i felt like a 12 yr old boy wearing his dad's pants.

jlhampton
New Jersey Jones
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by New Jersey Jones »

I, too, found them more spacious than I expected. Not just at the waist, but the whole seat, including my thighs. I am going to exchange mine for a smaller waist, and hope they fit better overall. If you look at the photos of Ford wearing his, they are not pulled up high, they are sitting at his waist, and, while loose, they are not what I would call baggy. My feeling right now - and I am a long-waisted guy - is that they would benefit from a shorter waist.

They seem very well made, but so far, I like the cut and warmer color of my Wested's better, even if the pocket flaps on Todd's are more accurate.

Here's hoping the smaller size will fit better.

Rick

PS - I know Todd was vexed by the sizing (this seems a common problem!). Mine were marked a 40 waist on the label, on the bag it said 38 waist. I had ordered a 38, after measuring my waist, but this pair was swimming on me, so I'm exchanging them for a 36.
jacksparrow900
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by jacksparrow900 »

mine are perfect their not to long the waist fits perfect. it feels like these were the hero pants worn by harrison ford in raiders of the lost ark. it reminds me of the pants peter measured that were screen used. without the moth holes lol
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

nicktheguy wrote:
indyclone wrote:

jlhampton

they were made to be a bit baggy , as to give harrison more movement in running and fighting and so forth. mine are baby to but they really look good .
Yours are baby?? ;)
I like the baggy look of them myself!
sorry i was thinking of my daughter as i was writing this and she is having a baby in aug
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

jlhampton
I got 38x33 before 39x33 were available. My waist is 39.5 and although I could squeeze into the 38s the 39s fit my waist perfect. The strange thing is the 38s fit a lot trimmer in my pelvic area and my wife likes the look of the rear better on me. The 39s are much baggier in the pelvic area. I thought I'd have the 38s waist let out an inch and see if they still stayed trimmer fitting elsewhere. It's amazing the difference between 1 inch.
I don't mind baggy though as classic suits were pretty baggy and I wear a couple double breasted suits that have baggy pants. The fit of these pants are pretty darn close to what Ford wears in CS.

lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

I found this. So don't get your knickers in a bind, baggy is in.

http://www.murrayontravel.com/carolnolan/#oxford