In brightest day and blackest night

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

In brightest day and blackest night

Post by Han Jones »

The last film Tony worked on opens Friday. He made Ryan Reynolds flight jacket in " Green Lantern"
Dunross76
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: In brightest day and blackest night

Post by Dunross76 »

This is interesting as I had the jacket in my hands. somewhere on inside of the back panel, Tony put his signature.
He looked at me and said that he did it, so if it ends up in some museum, they would know it was made by him.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I figured this one out on my own last summer. Tony was very tight lipped about this one. He saved me a skin but was never able to make it himself and he never told me wath is was he was doing. He was going to use the leather for an A-2 for my brother. The only thing he told me is that the costume designer counted stitches and it was a big movie with a big star. He also said the jacket was important to the movie. Now we know several people have seen his jacket at the shop. I will talk more on friday about this. As a side note I already know everything I will show and say will be disputed everywhere but that goes with the territory when a Nowak jacket is at the heart of the matter.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

It was left off because I assume Tony was not allowed to talk about it till the release. Most of us found out about a week before Indy IV came so I used that as a model to let people know about this. It is the internet man so my "evidence" and your "evidence" don't mean a thing. Every email can be copied and paseted here and what does it mean. Nothing. I post what I post if people want to beleive fine if not fine. I will never me many of you and the ones I have met know how I feel about all this anyway and guess what when I tell them about they don't care because they don't read this stuff anyway. Why would they? Every maker here has been said as the maker of the "real hero jacket" at one point or another. Until you post pictures of you with the big three and everyone else you claim to know your "evidence" is as good as mine. Hurry and get this boys (you know who you are) before it gets deleted.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

There go the self proclamations of deletion again. No need to (again).

Can't wait to see the pics. My son is really looking forward to this movie. It'll probably be our next outing.

Edit: _ and I were posting at the same time. My answer was in reference to this:
Hurry and get this boys (you know who you are) before it gets deleted.
Though looks like some interesting counter points came up. Lets keep it good fellas.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

First off I am not superstitious so I will only burn if I stay by my pool for to long. So you are saying that Tony copied a jacket that did not exist back in March before he went to Italy so he could then claim now that he made the jacket for the movie and then sell it. Greedy? Reily might not even make any so who cares. If you are saying that Reily saw the one photo of the jacket from last summer and copied all the details including the sewn down emplulet (apparently a feature that did not exist on a Navy G-1) you give him to much credit. They have made some great jackets but that detail from the photo in question I think not. He did however just make me Timothy Dalton " The living daylights" this is awesome. Just from photos and my direction so maybe they are both geniuses or maybe Tony made the jacket in the first place. Will I produce receipts, no even though they exist. Just some pics a few stories and some fond memories. Believe it or not it doesn't bother me I don't work for anyone. Just wanted you guys to know.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I have outed myself as a customer of Tony and Riely and a person who doesn't make or sell jackets. Now that you have everyone in line I guess there is nothing left to say. Hope we meet in person someday so you call me a liar to my face.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I will never know why Tony is such a target here.
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Me neither....Although more to the point, quite why you see the need to make it seem as though _ is picking on Tony, rather than yourself or Reilly is rather strange....

To be clear, I see nothing in _'s posts to make me think he has any issue at all with Tony Nowak....

There are several discrepancies that need to be accounted for by yourself and by Reilly however....He (and I) would have issue with those..

:TOH:
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

I don't think I've ever seen Ryan Reynolds in a movie... is he really a big star?
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

_ wrote:
CM wrote:I don't think I've ever seen Ryan Reynolds in a movie... is he really a big star?
He was Wade in Origins (but you don't like x-men), George Lutz in the remake of The Amityville Horror, and he played opposite Sandra Bullock in The Proposal. He's been around.
Thanks. I just Googled him. The only thing of his I've seen is that sitcom set in a Pizza place.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fifthchamber wrote:
Me neither....Although more to the point, quite why you see the need to make it seem as though _ is picking on Tony, rather than yourself or Reilly is rather strange....

To be clear, I see nothing in _'s posts to make me think he has any issue at all with Tony Nowak....

There are several discrepancies that need to be accounted for by yourself and by Reilly however....He (and I) would have issue with those..

As fithchamber stated, Tony isn't nor ever has been a target. In fact he was very well liked by a large number of staff, me included. Shady things after his demise however have been lashed back at. Lets not muddy the waters by deflection.

I'd also add that if you're being fed the misinformation, you (Han Jones) aren't even the target. If you're just repeating what you heard than the fault lies with the vendor that told you the mistruths.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Not to take this too off the rails, but _ - have you ever met RR?

(I'm a fan of his work, and my current gf is planning on leaving me for him should the opportunity ever arise - now, if he'd just get on with the Deadpool movie, I'd be happy as all get out!)
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

Anybody have a pic of this jacket? I always liked the Green Lantern as a kid, but I am a little worried that it's being over-hyped.

Has Ngila (interesting name that) ever said who she went to for the jacket?
Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Soup »

I liked him in Blade Tinity. He played Hannibal King.

Regards,

Soup
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Two words:

Van Wilder

:lol:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Maybe they used that dog in Van Wilder's *ahem* attributes for the hide of this jacket... :lol:
Dunross76
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dunross76 »

Gentlemen, I was in Tony's factory as usual very late at night and he was showing me different jackets. I remember him showing the jacket to me and showing me his signature on the inside of the back panel. If I recall correctly it was on March 31, 2010 just a few days before he left for Italy. Unless, it was a jacket for a different movie, but he told me that it was the latest thing he was working on.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

"SPECTRE" is on the back!!!!! :shock:

Wow, they are really geeking this movie out.

(FYI, for those that don't know, Hal Jordan died in the comics in the mid-90's and returned as the character The Spectre, shortly there after. He was the Spirit of vengance in the DCU)
Dunross76
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dunross76 »

Correction to my previous post. I said that I might be thinking about a different jacket. Nope. It's the jacket. I looked at the screen shots from the movie and it is exactly the jacket I saw in Tony's factory.
theman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by theman »

Good to see the details of the jacket fleshing out... the artwork is titled SABRE on the back, I believe for the special jets and group Hal is flying with. Luckily there is some actual A2 details "hidden" in the jacket design to tie it into it's pilot jacketness, which I am sure will be revealed soon enough.
The X-97 UCAV Sabre jet.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Here is Han's jacket, photo provided by Han and permission given to post:

Regards! Michaelson
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

That is actual film jacket. I have to post pics of mine. As far as I know it is only one outside of the production. It is made of the skin used for the film. He had one left over he saved for me.
Dunross76
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dunross76 »

This is exactly the jacket I saw in Tony's factory- as I said and evident on the pics, it has Tony's signature on the back panel.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's one good looking jacket!

Although I am a bit disapointed that it doesn't say "Spectre"... The comic book geek in me really liked that but anyways. :lol:

-TS
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Those pics are an eye opener for sure! Thank you.

I hope folks checking into this thread will see value of showing a little restraint. Some of the above posts are just flat embarassing.

Weston
tmurph
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by tmurph »

I notice the date on the jacket is St. Patricks day. "There are two types of people in the world. The Irish and those that wish they where Irish".
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

In my three or so years of being here, I have to applaud everyone who took part in this discussion. This has been one of the most civil discussions in the jacket forum that I have seen in my time here! My hat is tipped to all of you :TOH: :TOH: :TOH:
singsingjohnny
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by singsingjohnny »

Weston wrote:Those pics are an eye opener for sure! Thank you.

I hope folks checking into this thread will see value of showing a little restraint. Some of the above posts are just flat embarassing.

Weston
I thought so too, glad it ended upon a positive, nice to see that...

:D
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

"Do I detect a rebuke?"

Well said, Weston. :TOH:
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

_ wrote:
Weston wrote:Those pics are an eye opener for sure! Thank you.

Weston
Yes, they are. I've made my communications in private - so as not to make that mistake again. I'm not taking this lightly at all. I'm considering leaving all together if folks must know. The fact I was given - well - I was given. It's the conclusions, how I made them, and what I did with them. That is my personal concern at this time. I am not dismissing this in the least. Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All this may be true, and we've kind of been here before, but, this place is more interesting because you are here - even when, sometimes, you scare me. And when a mistake is made, you own up to it. That takes some guts. I think that the people who uncover facts for us (I have nothing original to offer) and pay good money to road test gear ( I don't have that kind of coin) deserve consideration. Pat, like some others here, I sometimes think you're difficult and annoying and, frankly a bit aggressive. But you're a genuine contributor, with a love of jackets and a desire to share what you know. That's gold, and I thank you.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

As far as I know the only two TNO produced Green Lantern jackets outside the film. One is made from original hide Tony saved for me an Riley used and the other is 747.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

On a slightly off-topic note...Han...what do you DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING!?!? I mean, those are expensive jackets, and you've got how many Nowak jackets!?

Must be either really lucrative or just high-paying.

Envious, man...really!
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I have been told the film jackets did not have inside pockets or least that is what I remeber. These two have three inside pockets.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

No kidding! Those are really good-looking jackets!
Flyderf
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Flyderf »

That style jacket is very similar to the Gibson & Barnes ANJ-3 I just got. Just about dead on.
Flyderf
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Flyderf »

What hide is the movie jacket? I'm assuming cowhide. If it were horsehide, the drool factor would be multiplied by a power of 10. Nice jackets Han.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Understood, and thanks for the extra info, Todd. :TOH:

Now, stop beating yourself up over this. =;

Like you said to Ms. Ngila Dickson, it's time to move on....

HIGH regards! Michaelson
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

_ wrote:.

On the events of last week here - I apologize to Han for my personal attack. I don't trust you or your friend, Riley
I accept the apology but for what its worth I don't trust you either. As for your issues with Riley, he does not seem to care what you think of him so I would say direct your problem to him but like I said whats the point he doesn't care anyway.