How many inside pockets on a TNO CS jacket?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Stefan Hills
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

How many inside pockets on a TNO CS jacket?

Post by Stefan Hills »

Greetings Ladies and Gents,

As the topic states, "how many inside pockets does a Tony Nowak CS jacket supposed to have? One or Two?

I have two made by Tony, and they only had one pocket, recently Riley made me one and it has two. I did not request it, and I am it would be extra work to add one. All three jackets were supposed to be made using screen acccurate spec's.

The funny thing is that when I ordered my first Nowak, I recall Tony telling me that the limited production run of jackets for the fans, would have two pockets and a map lining, as we all know, there is no map lining. But are two inside pockets part of that original design?

Let me know your thoughts,
Kind regards,
Stefan
Dunross76
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: How many inside pockets on a TNO CS jacket?

Post by Dunross76 »

Are you referring to the famous immigrant pocket?
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Both of mine had two. One was the vertical facing 'Immigrant pocket'.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Mine has two. I got mine second or third hand, as it were, so can't say what the specs were when ordered. I think the second vertical pocket was a pretty common addition to the jacket on Tony's part.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

I used to have Forrests' TN CS. I kinda liked that vertical pocket. And then I got a very early made TN CS and it just has one inside pocket.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Mine has 3. One zippered, then directly below it an open top pocket, and on the right hand side the vertical entry pocket.

Regards! Michaelson
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Mine has three as well. Tony said he was putting three because I carry so much....... :[ stuff, :[ ........yeah that's what he said stuff. I like thevidea of having all three pockets because he was right. I do carry a lot of s ........... :[ stuff.
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Mine has two. Right side (while wearing jacket) is vertical. Left pocket is horizontal. Didn't ask for either, just the way the jacket's pockets are on mine. Tony always asked what type of pockets or how many you wanted on the inside of the jacket. I told Tony surprise me!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

BendingOak wrote: I like thevidea of having all three pockets because he was right. I do carry a lot of s ........... :[ stuff.
Same here, John. :TOH:

I carry a lot of, uh, 'stuff' too. :[

Regards! Michaelson
Stefan Hills
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Stefan Hills »

Thanks for all the replies, thats good to know that the new jacket is accurate or atleast it is in keeping with what everyone got.

Kind regards,
Stefan
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Mine only has one...

Kyle
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I believe the single pocket is SA.

Regards! Michaelson
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I think the movie jacket only had one. I went with three because Tony is right. I carry a lot of stuff. Since you don't really see the inside of the jacket. Who can really tell what is SA.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Yep. When making mine, Tony asked if I wanted the second (vertical) one and he stated he put them in there as a nice touch but folks were going crazy because it wasn't screen accurate. I think it was his introduction to our madness. I had to explain that folks want what was worn on screen. He only half understood since there were 32 of them, 'how can one jacket have it all?' Then I explained to him it was more about perception as to what was on screen.

So I asked him to make mine like he did for the films and it came with only the one.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I tried the same thing, but he insisted on the extra pockets, to which I finally relented. :lol:

I'm glad I did. He knew me better than I thought! :-k ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Stefan Hills
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Stefan Hills »

Back to the drawing board, so if tbe lining is changed will that fix the extra pocket issue?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I just scrolled through the whole thread, Stefan, and have no clue what 'extra pocket issue' you're asking about.

What 'issue'? You asked how many inside pockets folks TN jacket had, and folks have replied.

The only 'lining' issue I had was with the removal of the embroidery that caused the inside panel to gate the front of the jacket open. By removing that and placing the number inside my pocket, it left Tony room to put the second open top pocket below the zippered pocket where the wording used to be.

Is that the 'issue' you're talking about? If not, please regale us! :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Stefan Hills
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Stefan Hills »

Michaelson wrote:I just scrolled through the whole thread, Stefan, and have no clue what 'extra pocket issue' you're asking about.

What 'issue'? You asked how many inside pockets folks TN jacket had, and folks have replied.

The only 'lining' issue I had was with the removal of the embroidery that caused the inside panel to gate the front of the jacket open. By removing that and placing the number inside my pocket, it left Tony room to put the second open top pocket below the zippered pocket where the wording used to be.

Is that the 'issue' you're talking about? If not, please regale us! :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson

Greetings Michaelson,

My "issue", if you can even call it that, is that my new jacket has two pockets, when I requested screen accurate specs. Since, screen accurate mean that the jacket only has one pocket, I am wondering is there is a way to fix the jacket so that it has only one.

From a functional standard point, its greet, but my reasoning for getting a screen accurate jacket, is was for it to be jsut that, accurate to what is seen on screen. I know, I am crazy to want to make a change so I can get less but its too expensive a jacket not be the way I wanted it.

All the best,
Stefan
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Ah, I understand now. #-o

Yep, I believe you're talking about a revamp of the liner for sure.

Regards! Michaelson