Todd's Jacket Owner's Thread

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Re: Todd's Jacket Owner's Thread

Post by Texan Scott »

Indiana Croft wrote:I own a Todds custom from the days when he offered them, now I didn't saturate it with water, the sleeves kinda lost something in length. I'm in the process of trying to strech the leather.

But I'm curious, his site charges for shipping, yet the ebay store does not.
Question: is there a difference between these two sites jacket.
I've been kicking the idea of getting another jacket, either a Wested (wished the had something like a striated lamb) or another one of Todds lambs. BaaaaBbabaaaa. black sheep

Croft :mrgreen:
Same jacket.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Just got my jacket yesterday afternoon. Aside from the customs I had to pay, everything went well. The jacket arrived in 13 days - California to Toronto, Canada.

A couple of points, the jacket is just awesome. It truly 'sits' like a raiders jacket. I've tried it on with a sweater and it fits perfectly. The hand warmers are perfectly placed so to make your arms feel natural and comfortable when they're in the pocket. The jacket sits pretty much right below my waistline/beltline, so I got to get used to that, just because I'm used to wearing 'bigger' jackets.

I'll post some pictures soon! :TOH:
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Congrats Aj! You'll find the more you wear this Todds jacket the better it will become. It won't take long. I put Lexol on mine about a week after I recieved it and the jacket molded to my body, it feels like a second skin.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Get some leather lotion, lanolin, and give it a good application.
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

ajocampo wrote:Just got my jacket yesterday afternoon. Aside from the customs I had to pay, everything went well. The jacket arrived in 13 days - California to Toronto, Canada.

A couple of points, the jacket is just awesome. It truly 'sits' like a raiders jacket. I've tried it on with a sweater and it fits perfectly. The hand warmers are perfectly placed so to make your arms feel natural and comfortable when they're in the pocket. The jacket sits pretty much right below my waistline/beltline, so I got to get used to that, just because I'm used to wearing 'bigger' jackets.

I'll post some pictures soon! :TOH:
I'm glad you got it and you like it.

Now just wear the ever-loving snot out of it and make it yours.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Well as I stated I too have a Todds custom (different thread) and I love the jacket minus the sleeve lenght issue.
Been kickin for another Wested, but chance's are I'll try me Todds standard. I mean you can't beat the price, and I'd love a leather windbreaker. ;)

Croft :mrgreen:
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

some quick snaps of my todd's standard
Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luisiana Jones »

Looking great ajocampo! :TOH:
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

looking good my friend!
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Agreed.
:) :tup:

That looks like a perfect fit from where I'm standing (well... sitting)
;)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Texan Scott wrote:Get some leather lotion, lanolin, and give it a good application.
I would never put lanolin on a jacket. good for the skin yes but it eats the sewing thread over time. you dont want your sleeves coming of. stuff like minkoil contains lanolin.
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Nice.
bargle
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by bargle »

Here's my Todd's standard XL bought on eBay about a year ago.

Todds exterior (3) by bargle65, on Flickr
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

much thanks for the compliments! :)
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

ajocampo,
What size is that? What's your height and weight?

I'm having a hard time deciding what size to get. I'm around 5'5" - 5'6" and 160-170lbs (still dunno why I'm that heavy, though...). In terms of measurement, I am exactly in between a Small and Medium.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

fenris wrote:ajocampo,
What size is that? What's your height and weight?

I'm having a hard time deciding what size to get. I'm around 5'5" - 5'6" and 160-170lbs (still dunno why I'm that heavy, though...). In terms of measurement, I am exactly in between a Small and Medium.
Hey fenris,

I got a size Medium. I am 170cm (5'7") and I am around 160 lbs. So we're pretty much the same build. IMO I would definitely recommend getting a medium opposed to a small as these type of jackets are styled to be a smaller jacket. (i.e. the jacket is styled so that it sits just below the belt line etc...unlike other jackets which go further below the belt line). Even I am still getting used to my jacket because I usually wear jackets that go well below the belt line. BUT it is an awesome jacket and if you perfer everything raiders, then this jacket is the best LOL
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

It would be cool if Todd made a Std.-LC jacket in a distressed, lighter weight HH or cow, with the top grain removed. How 'bout it, Todd? :-k
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

ajocampo wrote: (i.e. the jacket is styled so that it sits just below the belt line etc...unlike other jackets which go further below the belt line). Even I am still getting used to my jacket because I usually wear jackets that go well below the belt line.
Yeah. That's one of my other hang-ups on getting an Indy-styled jacket. I'm not that comfortable with the jacket riding that high. How many inches below the belt line is it?
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

fenris wrote:
ajocampo wrote: (i.e. the jacket is styled so that it sits just below the belt line etc...unlike other jackets which go further below the belt line). Even I am still getting used to my jacket because I usually wear jackets that go well below the belt line.
Yeah. That's one of my other hang-ups on getting an Indy-styled jacket. I'm not that comfortable with the jacket riding that high. How many inches below the belt line is it?
I'd say for me around 3 inches below my belt line...
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

oh... that's alright then. It's not that high as I was expecting.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

fenris wrote:oh... that's alright then. It's not that high as I was expecting.
It's a really good jacket IMO. Especially if you live in a hot country, then this is a good jacket that won't make you feel like you're in a sauna.

But yeah, it just sits right below the belt line. If you raise up your hands and what not though, you will definitely be flashing your waist lol. But I wouldn't worry about it being short. Now if you get it and it's above your belt line even before you raise your hands..then it's probably the wrong size.
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

ajocampo wrote:
fenris wrote:oh... that's alright then. It's not that high as I was expecting.
It's a really good jacket IMO. Especially if you live in a hot country, then this is a good jacket that won't make you feel like you're in a sauna.

But yeah, it just sits right below the belt line. If you raise up your hands and what not though, you will definitely be flashing your waist lol. But I wouldn't worry about it being short. Now if you get it and it's above your belt line even before you raise your hands..then it's probably the wrong size.
If it's above my belt line (and if the jacket happens to be red), that would make me look a little bit like Winnie the Pooh!
photorog
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by photorog »

Seriously bummed out! I was going to buy my second Todd's standard for my b-day tomorrow. Since I live an hour south of his shop, I thought I'd go try one on and make sure I got the right size and maybe pick up a couple more toys. This thread has really got me wanting one of the newer versions. I bought one in '07 and like it a lot. So I called to make sure it was OK to drive up but they are out of L and XL. I hope this means a new batch will be in soon, but no presents for me tomorrow. :(
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

photorog wrote:Seriously bummed out! I was going to buy my second Todd's standard for my b-day tomorrow. Since I live an hour south of his shop, I thought I'd go try one on and make sure I got the right size and maybe pick up a couple more toys. This thread has really got me wanting one of the newer versions. I bought one in '07 and like it a lot. So I called to make sure it was OK to drive up but they are out of L and XL. I hope this means a new batch will be in soon, but no presents for me tomorrow. :(
Well happy birthday tomorrow! Someone had a XL Todds For sale just recently, I think the price was $80! Won't be there for your birthday, but in case your wanting a new jacket it's a great deal!
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Sorry to hear that, but happy birthday! I think I read somehwere that the order for a new stock of jackets has been processed and is in the works. So I guess it wont be long! :)
photorog
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by photorog »

I'll just have to wait. It'll be tough, but I'll survive. :) I have a few other jackets to keep me warm. I have a Wested goat I bought 5 years ago, one of Tony's CS jackets and a Todd's I got 4 years ago. I missed out on the US Wings $195 specials too! Arrgghh!
CanadianRaider
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by CanadianRaider »

I really hope Todd one day offers their jacket in different hides. I owned a Todds OTR for about a day but unfortunately ended up returning it. I absolutely loved the cut and look of it. It really is spot on with the raiders look. But for where I live (Canada) Their lightweight lamb just wasn't good enough. And since I already had a lightweight lamb from Wested, it just seemed silly to have two jackets that I'll barely wear. But if they offered it in goatskin or Cow... I'd order one in a second.

I actually emailed Todds earlier today asking if they do, or ever will offer them in stronger hides. While I'm sure he'll politely say they currently do not, I figure asking never hurts. And hey, maybe if enough people ask for it, we'll get the option...
HDRnR
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HDRnR »

CanadianRaider wrote:I really hope Todd one day offers their jacket in different hides. I owned a Todds OTR for about a day but unfortunately ended up returning it. I absolutely loved the cut and look of it. It really is spot on with the raiders look. But for where I live (Canada) Their lightweight lamb just wasn't good enough. And since I already had a lightweight lamb from Wested, it just seemed silly to have two jackets that I'll barely wear. But if they offered it in goatskin or Cow... I'd order one in a second.

I actually emailed Todds earlier today asking if they do, or ever will offer them in stronger hides. While I'm sure he'll politely say they currently do not, I figure asking never hurts. And hey, maybe if enough people ask for it, we'll get the option...
They do make them in other hides but they cost a bit more because they are custom made.
CanadianRaider
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by CanadianRaider »

Well, just ordered one XXL "Bantu Wind" jacket that Todds just put up. Should make a good everyday jacket and since it's supposed to be thicker than their standard Lamb I have high hopes for it. Assuming it ships this week I'll easily have it by next week. Guess I'll post my first jacket pics wearing the Bantu.
RedburnIV
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by RedburnIV »

Well, I did just get a Wested, but I broke down and got a Todd's jacket. I'm very interested in the thin lamb and the over all feel of the jacket. From what I've seen in the pictures they look pretty awesome, and it doesn't seem like you guys have any complaints. Def worth the money. $150 is not that pricey. Ahhh, can't wait! :)
RedburnIV
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Todd's Jacket Owner's Thread

Post by RedburnIV »

Well, good news is my Todd's jacket arrived today with express mail. I was eagerly awaiting it's arrival :) however the bad news is it doesn't fit. It's a little snug and about 2 inches too short. :( overall the jacket is pretty amazing. I enjoyed how easily it slipped on and off and how durable it seems right our of the box. If I had the chance to wear it a while it would be lighter than my Wested lamb I ordered back in January. So I guess I can either send it back and get a refund or see if Todd will make a longer one or, I could use this one ad motivation to drop a few pounds. I could also sell it to one of the members here if anyone's looking for an xxl. What do you guys think? I could post some pics but it's pretty brutal lookin haha
darthbish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by darthbish »

RedburnIV wrote:Well, good news is my Todd's jacket arrived today with express mail. I was eagerly awaiting it's arrival :) however the bad news is it doesn't fit. It's a little snug and about 2 inches too short. :( overall the jacket is pretty amazing. I enjoyed how easily it slipped on and off and how durable it seems right our of the box. If I had the chance to wear it a while it would be lighter than my Wested lamb I ordered back in January. So I guess I can either send it back and get a refund or see if Todd will make a longer one or, I could use this one ad motivation to drop a few pounds. I could also sell it to one of the members here if anyone's looking for an xxl. What do you guys think? I could post some pics but it's pretty brutal lookin haha

If it not a rude question, what are your dimensions..height, weight etc??

I ask this as I'm awaiting an xl that I've purchased off a member, and I'm hoping it fit ok
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

darthbish wrote:
RedburnIV wrote:Well, good news is my Todd's jacket arrived today with express mail. I was eagerly awaiting it's arrival :) however the bad news is it doesn't fit. It's a little snug and about 2 inches too short. :( overall the jacket is pretty amazing. I enjoyed how easily it slipped on and off and how durable it seems right our of the box. If I had the chance to wear it a while it would be lighter than my Wested lamb I ordered back in January. So I guess I can either send it back and get a refund or see if Todd will make a longer one or, I could use this one ad motivation to drop a few pounds. I could also sell it to one of the members here if anyone's looking for an xxl. What do you guys think? I could post some pics but it's pretty brutal lookin haha

If it not a rude question, what are your dimensions..height, weight etc??

I ask this as I'm awaiting an xl that I've purchased off a member, and I'm hoping it fit ok
I was wondering the same thing. I think the xl is what i'm after, too. I'm gonna wait for Todd's new batch, though.
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

The more pictures I see on this thread the more I want a Todd's Standard! Especially ajocampo's pictures! That jacket is crazy cool! =P~
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

indydude18 wrote:The more pictures I see on this thread the more I want a Todd's Standard! Especially ajocampo's pictures! That jacket is crazy cool! =P~
LOL thanks for the compliments :D !! Because of that, I'll be posting more pictures of my jacket haha :)
tex1272
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tex1272 »

My wife now wants one of these!
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

tex1272 wrote:My wife now wants one of these!
I've got to say, tis' a good jacket. And it's far from being a costume.
Chuck
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Chuck »

What is the correct fit for the Raider's jacket? Is the jacket suppose to lay flat across the shoulders? I have a Todd's standard medium jacket that seems to "fall off" my shoulders. I normally wear a 38 regular sports coat, have 35 inch sleeve length (the Todds' sleeve length is perfect) but I feel like I am constantly pulling down on the front of the jacket. I don't think going to a Large would improve the situation. Any advice here? Thanks

Chuck
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

It is supposed to "fall off" the shoulders.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yep. very correct fit for raiders. we have a big thread on it here called ''off the shoulder''
Chuck
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Chuck »

Thanks guys for the confirmation. The jacket certainly looks the part.

BTW - I was at the Indy Stunt Show at Disney World last week and they have refurbished the tank and German truck back to SA condition (at least that's what they look like). There's an MG34 machine gun nest in front of the tank and other assorted German combat gear. Nice to see these artifacts won't just rust away on us.
:D
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

here is my 5 year old Todds standard xxl old pattern. one of the BEST jackets I own. it's so screen accurate it's crazy. leather, grain, details and fit. man, I'm telling ya, if you have the old pattern todds standard you have a treasure, never let it go.

here shown in a B&W photo. was doing a photshoot for a project and had to strike an 'action' pose.

.jpg[/img]
Dunross76
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dunross76 »

Very Raiders Holt! Awesome jacket!
Indiana Holt wrote:here is my 5 year old Todds standard xxl old pattern. one of the BEST jackets I own. it's so screen accurate it's crazy. leather, grain, details and fit. man, I'm telling ya, if you have the old pattern todds standard you have a treasure, never let it go.

here shown in a B&W photo. was doing a photshoot for a project and had to strike an 'action' pose.

img]
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Thanks. here is another one.

In this one I tried to get that old ''80's brown golden toned'' photo. like it was taken behind the scenes with an old camera at that time.

I really like how it came out.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Great shots,Holt! Could you do few with zipped-up jacket...like reference-purposes. :-k
Indiana Hutch
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Hutch »

Does anyone ever find themselves not being able to wear regular length shirts with the indy jacket? They're always longer than the jacket! ](*,) :D
darthbish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by darthbish »

Indiana Hutch wrote:Does anyone ever find themselves not being able to wear regular length shirts with the indy jacket? They're always longer than the jacket! ](*,) :D
yeah....but does it really matter??

I was a bit worried to begin with, but started noticing that quite a few jackets were shorter than the shirts under'em.

I'm just glad that I've realised that my Todds isn't unusually short :shock:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Hear hear! :M: :tup:
Gringo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Gringo »

:lol:
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

My dad would always say to us when our shirt came un-tucked, "Tuck in your shirt, you look like a slob!" Of course he was a former Army officer, but he would say it with such love. Ah, the strange love of fathers.