HJ light Sable Brown

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

HJ light Sable Brown

Post by The Aviator »

Hey, not sure if anyone has seen this but a Herbert Johnson light sable brown? Been out of the loop a while so it's the first i've heard of it.

http://www.themovieshop.com/Herbert-Joh ... -Celebrity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: HJ light Sable Brown

Post by WConly »

Humh :-k ! That is a new one to me. Not a bad colour if we can believe our computer screens. W>
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

WOW! That's pretty cool and a pretty cool price! :TOH:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

These hats are most likely made by the same factory, and Christy, HJ, etc., just put their own name on it. you can find a better value here:

http://www.hornetshats.com/f_hatview.ph ... ur%20Felts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

I assumed by looking at the pictures that the colour was burma or at least burma-esque, that you would have got out of hornets hats or christy's.

What I'm getting at is that the name is interesting...I mean light sable brown, it looks grey :lol: :Plymouth:

And I have seen light sable christy's and they are light sable, not this burma-esque colour that sort of has a hint of brown, is a tricky shade.

edit: WConly, On looking at those pics again on a different monitor, they are more sable-ish, may have jumped the gun :anxious: I don't know
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

The Avaitor wrote:I assumed by looking at the pictures that the colour was burma or at least burma-esque, that you would have got out of hornets hats or christy's.

What I'm getting at is that the name is interesting...I mean light sable brown, it looks grey :lol: :Plymouth:

And I have seen light sable christy's and they are light sable, not this burma-esque colour that sort of has a hint of brown, is a tricky shade.

edit: WConly, On looking at those pics again on a different monitor, they are more sable-ish, may have jumped the gun :anxious: I don't know
Yeah...kinda wondered about that. I am always a bit concerned regarding what I see the the 'net.' However, sometimes you just have to gamble. W>
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Regardless of felt color there are plenty of better looking hats out there at or below that price point. The description says it ships open crowned, but who bashed that thing for the site pictures? :-0 And you can actually see the sweatband stitching in the front. #-o

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

Not only that... apparently there are no stocks. When I click on the drop down menu to choose sizes, only 55cm is there. Hehe.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

That 'fine' felt they are talking about...is it made from beaver? :-k
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

ajocampo wrote:That 'fine' felt they are talking about...is it made from beaver? :-k
I wouldn't bet on it....actually, revised answer: no. HJs are not beaver.
RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

Looks like my taupe Young Indiana Jones hat that I bought from Mr. Swales, back in 1993.

~Ron
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Regardless of felt color there are plenty of better looking hats out there at or below that price point. The description says it ships open crowned, but who bashed that thing for the site pictures? :-0 And you can actually see the sweatband stitching in the front. #-o

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
I second that 100%.
Travelsonic
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Travelsonic »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Regardless of felt color there are plenty of better looking hats out there at or below that price point....f
Actually, I haven't seen the absolutely latest out of HJ so far as the poet is concerned, does anybody have some pictures of a new HJ Poet from between late-last-year and today?

[still agree'd 110%]
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Can't the stitching be seen in the SOC hat? Under $300 for a HJ poet still doesn't sound like a bad price for "that" hat...for the SA guy who wants "REAL" Aldens and not knock-offs, or a HJ Poet rather than a better quality hat by another maker...JMO.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

RaidersBash wrote:Can't the stitching be seen in the SOC hat? Under $300 for a HJ poet still doesn't sound like a bad price for "that" hat...for the SA guy who wants "REAL" Aldens and not knock-offs, or a HJ Poet rather than a better quality hat by another maker...JMO.
I agree with this. I can't justify spending more than $100 on an HJ, and that is still over paying. If you want an HJ I guess this would be the place to pick one up as it isn't a bad price for one. I'd still rather buy another AB or Penman, though, for that price, and still have the hat be wearable and look #### good a year from now.

Dave