Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Todd's Jacket Owner's Thread

Post by ajocampo »

Mountaineer wrote:James,

Height: Between 5'7" and 5'8". (Depends on if I slouch or not.)
Weight: 150-155.
Suit coat size: 38.

I like them both, but for different reasons.

The medium is the more "correct" (for lack of a better word) in my eye in achieving the "look". It's got a great leather, both in color and grain.

The small is one I like to wear when not going for the Indy vibe and just want a leather jacket. It was one of Todd's early jackets and has the less-grainy (some would say it is pleathery) leather.

I know from experience that (p)leather type has been rectified. I also believe that he had stated those early jackets were not properly sized. (Over time it did get short in the sleeves, hence the medium.)

A call to Todd would confirm both points, but my belief is that both "issues" have been rectified since February 2008, when I purchased (and was photographed in) the small.
Thanks for the detailed info, Mountaineer. I think I'm leaning towards getting a medium...I'm really just worried about the sleeve length. And by the looks of it, the sleeve length between the small and the medium is almost similar. In any case, I have yet to measure my sleeve length and etc...
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Good call.

I've only ever dealt with Todd via email, but he's always been prompt, responsive and easy to deal with. With good measurements and dropping him a line, you'll more than likely be successful/happy in your jacket buying.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

generalFROSTY wrote:I have a medium, I'm 5'10" 165lbs 38R size jacket size and it fits me just perfect.
Like Frosty, I'm also 5'10" and 160-165 and the MEDIUM is PERFECT on me. The sleeves hit right where I like them, and the body as well.

I made the mistake of giving it a shower treatment and lost some dimensions both in sleeve length and front/back and chest. I've managed to restretch the back and sleeves back to where they should be...the chest and front are separate issues.

I could when I first got it wear a thick sweater under and be plenty comfy, such as my MOTB cardigan...Now it fits a tad snug when I do. Not bad, just snug.

The next one I get (someday soon I hope [-o< ) I WILL NOT give a shower treatment to. Other jackets sure, but the thinness of the Todd's just doesn't like it, IMO.

The only positive to the shower treatment was however, that the shrinking of the leather really makes it VERY VERY strong. I've worn my working on my car laying on concrete, doing chainsaw work around some really thorny @#$% that I thought a couple times for sure punctured it but never did.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

RaidersBash wrote:
generalFROSTY wrote:I have a medium, I'm 5'10" 165lbs 38R size jacket size and it fits me just perfect.
Like Frosty, I'm also 5'10" and 160-165 and the MEDIUM is PERFECT on me. The sleeves hit right where I like them, and the body as well.

I made the mistake of giving it a shower treatment and lost some dimensions both in sleeve length and front/back and chest. I've managed to restretch the back and sleeves back to where they should be...the chest and front are separate issues.

I could when I first got it wear a thick sweater under and be plenty comfy, such as my MOTB cardigan...Now it fits a tad snug when I do. Not bad, just snug.

The next one I get (someday soon I hope [-o< ) I WILL NOT give a shower treatment to. Other jackets sure, but the thinness of the Todd's just doesn't like it, IMO.

The only positive to the shower treatment was however, that the shrinking of the leather really makes it VERY VERY strong. I've worn my working on my car laying on concrete, doing chainsaw work around some really thorny @#$% that I thought a couple times for sure punctured it but never did.
Thanks for the insight RaidersBash...I'll keep that in mind if my sleeves are too long or something...maybe I can tweek in gentley with water. Carefully, that is :TOH:
I hope you get your other jacket soon!
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Listen Im just gurious...Mountaineer,how about the leather is it as "thin" as Todd says..?
HDRnR
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HDRnR »

MARQ wrote:Listen Im just gurious...Mountaineer,how about the leather is it as "thin" as Todd says..?
Not Mountaineer but its thin but nothing to worry about imo. I think it greatly contributes to the drape which makes it so SA. Plus for the price I think its a bargain. I'm going to order another when the larger sizes become available again.
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

MARQ wrote:Listen Im just gurious...Mountaineer,how about the leather is it as "thin" as Todd says..?
Trying to define, thick/thin, short of breaking out a micrometer, is getting into relative terms. I can say the following:

It is not as thick as my old (I'm assuming) cow hide cafe racer jacket. I used to wear this jacket on my motorcycle. It was designed to protect a thrown/downed rider from road-rash and SHOULD be heavy.

Nor is it as thin as my (I'm assuming) lamb hide leather car coat. It is in the middle. This is just a cheap, button-front, hits below-the-waist, dress coat.

Trust me, Todd's jacket is not solely a costume jacket. I have gotten constant daily wear out of both of them for months on end and have had only ever needed one repair to the small. (For the curious, it was the adjustment strap on the back panel that didn't like my 20-pound laptop/work tools case being hung off of it.)

I, and many of those who have purchased one, can attest; these jackets will hold up VERY well to daily wear.

If is your goal to buy one, and then abuse it to the point of failure well then that is on you. Any and every jacket will have some level of structural failure.

In my mind it is like the old ad: how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

BTW I just ordered mine a couple days ago. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

Regarding the thickness, honestly, other than getting someone to measure the jacket thickness with a measuring tape or something, the only guide line you can go off from are peoples experiences with the jacket. Yes it may be subjective and biased, but unless you got someone to measure the jacket thickness, it's all going to be in relative terms.

I for one have never heard anyone say that this jacket is thick. I've always heard comments like
"very thin", "surprisingly thin", "lightweight, yet strong", "thin", "just right" etc...
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

ajocampo wrote:BTW I just ordered mine a couple days ago. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

Regarding the thickness, honestly, other than getting someone to measure the jacket thickness with a measuring tape or something, the only guide line you can go off from are peoples experiences with the jacket. Yes it may be subjective and biased, but unless you got someone to measure the jacket thickness, it's all going to be in relative terms.

I for one have never heard anyone say that this jacket is thick. I've always heard comments like
"very thin", "surprisingly thin", "lightweight, yet strong", "thin", "just right" etc...
I guess that's it; I wasn't too shocked by it. I'd never owned any other "Indy" jacket in any of the myriad of hides from any other maker, so it just "was" when I got my first one.

The second one was an improvement over the first, in both its leather "density" and the "look" of that leather.

When I got into all this gear collecting and debated which way to go with the jacket, my wife said, "If you look at the first film his jacket behaves most like a heavy shirt. A little extra protection without much bulk". That conversation steered (LOL, there's a good pun there) me away from a cow hide jacket.

I wanted something that did what the on-screen jacket did, and that's exactly what this jacket does.

Honestly, I think you'll be happy with your choice.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I think to. Todds is strong enough for day to day wear. some say Todds is a costume piece and some say wested is a costume piece. in my experiene I have found out that both jackets from both vendors stand up to anything I put it through. mountain climbing, hiking, rolling down cliffs, working in it, laying uder the car with it (work) snow, rain, vind. etc. no prblems with either. so IMO the Todds and the wested is certainly NOT a costume pieces. but this is a Todds thread so wont go to deep into a wested discussion but I thought I'd just throw that out there since the word ''costume'' was mentioned. :TOH: I don't think ANY of the vendors out there make ''costume'' pieces.

enjoy your new jacket. it is a great piece of SA gear that will hold up. I'm getting another one soon.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

When I think of the Todd's jacket, it really nails the look in this scene:

...and the one with Indy & Marion on the cover of People mag., the Well of Souls exit.
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

As much as I love most all my jackets, each for different reasons, my opinion is that Todd`s is as acurrate as you will ever get right now. I have only seen one Nowak that I felt looked like it was straight out of the movie (Raiders, of course) and Holt`s Wested jackets are the closes I`ve seen from them but Todd`s cut and pattern is perfect. If you just crawl back thru this thread and look, every pic looks great.
My Cowhide Todd`s measurements are way off what I normally wear but when I put it on, it still has "the Raiders look and feel" (even if I personally don`t.. :oops: ) and I am sure that it has all to do with the cut and pattern and thiness to the material. Even my Wings Legend just doesn`t sit like Raiders. It looks too 'bulky'. My wife thought it looked too much like a motorcycle jacket...and thats after it has been thru my ringer of distressing.
I know that the thin cut leather sometimes feels dainty and some of you prefer a slightly heavier jacket but there is no scene in Raiders where that jacket looks any more 'bulky' than a second skin. And so if Raiders is your preference, then I feel that you definitely need at least one Todd`s standard in your collection.
Mountaineer: In that 'Medium' pic, I just pictured a desert scene behind you and you watching Sallah and his men bring up the rigging to the top of the Well of Souls dig. Very Raiders looking. Awesome. :tup: :tup:
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Gorak wrote:As much as I love most all my jackets, each for different reasons, my opinion is that Todd`s is as acurrate as you will ever get right now. I have only seen one Nowak that I felt looked like it was straight out of the movie (Raiders, of course) and Holt`s Wested jackets are the closes I`ve seen from them but Todd`s cut and pattern is perfect. If you just crawl back thru this thread and look, every pic looks great.
My Cowhide Todd`s measurements are way off what I normally wear but when I put it on, it still has "the Raiders look and feel" (even if I personally don`t.. :oops: ) and I am sure that it has all to do with the cut and pattern and thiness to the material. Even my Wings Legend just doesn`t sit like Raiders. It looks too 'bulky'. My wife thought it looked too much like a motorcycle jacket...and thats after it has been thru my ringer of distressing.
I know that the thin cut leather sometimes feels dainty and some of you prefer a slightly heavier jacket but there is no scene in Raiders where that jacket looks any more 'bulky' than a second skin. And so if Raiders is your preference, then I feel that you definitely need at least one Todd`s standard in your collection.
Mountaineer: In that 'Medium' pic, I just pictured a desert scene behind you and you watching Sallah and his men bring up the rigging to the top of the Well of Souls dig. Very Raiders looking. Awesome. :tup: :tup:
Hey Gorak, what do you mean by Todd's measurement being way off? Are you talking about sleeve lengths and such?
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

I just meant on my particular jacket. I bought it second hand from the Cairo Bizzare and it was a custom job for the previous owner...and it had shrunk some before I ever got it. I usually wear a size 38 in jackets and this particular jacket was measuring much wider in the chest...and yet, although my current Wested is a size 38 and this Todd's jacket is much more snug in the chest, armpits,and upper arms area.seems like a tad less leather in the top front panels between the arms and the middle ...exposes the chest more...and I need all the help I can get, haha
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Gorak wrote: Mountaineer: In that 'Medium' pic, I just pictured a desert scene behind you and you watching Sallah and his men bring up the rigging to the top of the Well of Souls dig. Very Raiders looking. Awesome. :tup: :tup:
Thanks! I'm very happy with the gear. This place has been a big help over the last 3 years I've spent here.

In that picture, I am actually watching my son, also in his full Indy gear, riding a motorcycle merry-go-round at an amusement park.

He'd badgered us to go straight there so he could play out the "Last Crusade" bike chase.

Then we had to go to the planes so he could do the "Fly, yes. Land, no." bit too.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Mountaineer wrote:
Gorak wrote: Mountaineer: In that 'Medium' pic, I just pictured a desert scene behind you and you watching Sallah and his men bring up the rigging to the top of the Well of Souls dig. Very Raiders looking. Awesome. :tup: :tup:
Thanks! I'm very happy with the gear. This place has been a big help over the last 3 years I've spent here.

In that picture, I am actually watching my son, also in his full Indy gear, riding a motorcycle merry-go-round at an amusement park.

He'd badgered us to go straight there so he could play out the "Last Crusade" bike chase.

Then we had to go to the planes so he could do the "Fly, yes. Land, no." bit too.
Wow you were wearing your entire indy costume at an amusment park? were there a lot of people staring at you? Outfit looks awesome though~ :TOH:
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

ajocampo wrote: Wow you were wearing your entire indy costume at an amusment park? were there a lot of people staring at you? Outfit looks awesome though~ :TOH:
It is around the time of Halloween, and the park Idlewild, outside Pittsburgh, has one section of the park where kids can go trick or treat and encourages them (and parents) to dress in costumes. The whole park is decorated with skeletons in silly poses, big spiderwebs and the fountains are green, orange and purple. It's really cool.

The whole family was in costume; 2 Indys, a Spidergirl (my daughter) and my wife was Belle, in her blue peasant dress, (that I made BTW) from Beauty and the Beast.

So the people there were not really staring, most were like that's really cool. We had fun.
nitzsche
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by nitzsche »

Put in Raiders and watch the fight around the Flying Wing. Todd's Raiders jacket looks and behaves exactly like what you see. It is lightweight, but strong, and it moves like a second skin.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Mountaineer wrote:
ajocampo wrote: Wow you were wearing your entire indy costume at an amusment park? were there a lot of people staring at you? Outfit looks awesome though~ :TOH:
It is around the time of Halloween, and the park Idlewild, outside Pittsburgh, has one section of the park where kids can go trick or treat and encourages them (and parents) to dress in costumes. The whole park is decorated with skeletons in silly poses, big spiderwebs and the fountains are green, orange and purple. It's really cool.

The whole family was in costume; 2 Indys, a Spidergirl (my daughter) and my wife was Belle, in her blue peasant dress, (that I made BTW) from Beauty and the Beast.

So the people there were not really staring, most were like that's really cool. We had fun.
You're giving me good ideas, mountaineer. GOOD ideas :D
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Whoa! Thanks for the replies,the reason I asked about the thickness is that I own a Wested Indy jacket (auth.lamb) and its not a..."summer coat" :( :oops: So I have been thinking of gettin' me another.I just can not decide...Yet!
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

I have a Wested lamb also and no it is not a summer jacket. I've been waiting a while for Todd's and my size is out of stock. I guess i'll be waiting even longer.

jlhampton
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Good news for Todd's Std fans:

"The jackets are on order, but it may be several months before we actually receive them."

;)
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

It's worth the wait!
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

That's great news!!! \:D/

I can hardly wait to see how they turn out and get another Todds for myself!!!

...AND PANTS!!!
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

I guess we're talking abou sizes above medium that are out of stock? Because my medium is on the way :D
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

ajocampo wrote:I guess we're talking abou sizes above medium that are out of stock? Because my medium is on the way :D
yup, i was gonna order one in xl and...out of stock. I'll be one of the first on board when the new ones are in.

jlhampton
HDRnR
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HDRnR »

Any idea when the new ones will be in ? I spoke to Todd last week about something else, forgot to ask him. He did say boots should be available again in the next couple of months.
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

I did ask when he would be expecting a new shipment and he replied that there was no definite date, but that they were on order

jlhampton
HDRnR
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HDRnR »

jlhampton wrote:I did ask when he would be expecting a new shipment and he replied that there was no definite date, but that they were on order

jlhampton
Good to hear, thanks.
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

He said that i would be put on a contact list and be notified when they arrive.
If you contact him, he will probably do the same for you.

jlhampton
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

I always see that people refer to Todd's jackets as a light jacket. I was wondering what would be hotter to wear; Todd's or a Wested Cotton (enigmata_wood did mention that the cotton is also a heavy jacket).

I live in a tropical country and the only time I wear jackets is on rainy days, December nights and the movie theater (theaters here are ridiculously cold!). I can't decide which jacket I should get... Which is the hotter jacket or are they almost the same? If it's the Todd's; how hot is it compared to the Wested cotton?

Thanks!
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

The most recent Wested I purchased is a lightweight lambskin that is the same weight and thickness as my Todd's standard. Under Holt's advice I asked Wested for the thinnest most lightweight lambskin they could get and they delivered. Right out of the box it was the exact same in weight only much much softer.
Down here in South Texas it gets very hot and humid most of the year and I can actually wear my Todd's standard thru most of it. Ths summer I'll be experimenting with the Wested but I dont see any problems considering it is just Todd's perfect evil twin. :twisted:
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

You're right. The temperatures are almost the same here and there. Have you ever compared which jacket was hotter; todds or cotton?
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

I didnt have the cotton for very long and since it was a tad short on the arms, I never wore it. I tried it on for a coupke of hours thinking I'd get use to it but didnt so then I hung it up in my closet and forgot about it. Even though it was about the same weight as the Todd's, I'd have to admit that the cotton did seem as if it would have been "cooler" as it did breath better than the leather. But also, I just didnt get the Indy vibe without leather. If its hot then I say just flap the jacket like Indy does during the trek thru the Peruvian jungle. Couple of times you can catch Harrison Ford flapping the jacket to get some air circulation.
Adirondack Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Adirondack Jones »

I've got both the Todd's and the Wested cotton, and the cotton is much heavier than Todd's. I like the cotton because it's Indian Jones without screaming "Indiana Jones." I wear my Steele and Jones fedora everyday and I'm sometimes self-conscious about pairing it with the Todd's lamb as I think it may be a little too "indiana-ish" for day to day in the real world. But with the cotton I can still get the Indy vibe and stay sort of under the radar.
But, that having been said, the question was which is lighter and there is no question: Todd's is much lighter.
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

Lighter = Cooler... right?
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Two different materials. Even though the cotton jacket might be a little heavier in weight, it is also breathable, provided it has not been waxed, or coated in some way. The leather of a Todd's Std. might be lighter in weight, but it is not breathable, the leather at least. Of course, the jacket does vent though the cuffs and open design, but if you happen to wear a suit jacket around town or something, then you could handle a Todd's. Even if it gets a bit cooler around where you live, something like a Todd's Std. would be a good value because it is functional and a close likeness to the film jacket, maybe the closest and least expensive Indy jacket you can buy, not considering the bootleg guys out there, etc. If not, it would be a great option to use for a costume, if you like to do that sort of thing. Either way, the Todd's is the lightest weight and least expensive leather Indy jacket you can buy, and has the look.

Put it this way, if I could choose no other jacket and was just going to wear one for costuming, etc., to a costume party or something, I'd get a Todd's.
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

Texan Scott wrote:Two different materials. Even though the cotton jacket might be a little heavier in weight, it is also breathable, provided it has not been waxed, or coated in some way. The leather of a Todd's Std. might be lighter in weight, but it is not breathable, the leather at least. Of course, the jacket does vent though the cuffs and open design, but if you happen to wear a suit jacket around town or something, then you could handle a Todd's. Even if it gets a bit cooler around where you live, something like a Todd's Std. would be a good value because it is functional and a close likeness to the film jacket, maybe the closest and least expensive Indy jacket you can buy, not considering the bootleg guys out there, etc. If not, it would be a great option to use for a costume, if you like to do that sort of thing. Either way, the Todd's is the lightest weight and least expensive leather Indy jacket you can buy, and has the look.

Put it this way, if I could choose no other jacket and was just going to wear one for costuming, etc., to a costume party or something, I'd get a Todd's.
Hmmmmm... :-k

Well... it will definitely be more for "costume" purposes., but I'd also like to wear it outside of costuming.
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

I know it eventaully boils down to personal taste and opinion but, as has been stated before by others, I feel in no way that Todd`s feels like a "costume" jacket. I think that idea mostly erupts from the fact of how light weight it is from most other jackets. But again...it is suppose to be a light weight jacket as he is knowingly wearing it in the jungles, desert, and anywhere else adventure takes him. Second skin. Nowhere do I see him using it for warmth...In Nepal it was snowing so a leather jacket really wouldn`t do much for him..especially since in that time period, they had specific coats for that type enviroment.
But again...thats just my opinion. :D
Adirondack Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Adirondack Jones »

If you're even considering a Todd's, go ahead and do it. It's a great jacket--light weight, durable and very affordable--you'll never regret it.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Gorak wrote:I know it eventaully boils down to personal taste and opinion but, as has been stated before by others, I feel in no way that Todd`s feels like a "costume" jacket. I think that idea mostly erupts from the fact of how light weight it is from most other jackets. But again...it is suppose to be a light weight jacket as he is knowingly wearing it in the jungles, desert, and anywhere else adventure takes him. Second skin. Nowhere do I see him using it for warmth...In Nepal it was snowing so a leather jacket really wouldn`t do much for him..especially since in that time period, they had specific coats for that type enviroment.
I was about to say that too...in the movie, he spends most of his times in hat environments. I don't think they would torture Ford by giving him the thickest of all leather jackets. LOL
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

ajocampo wrote:
Gorak wrote:I know it eventaully boils down to personal taste and opinion but, as has been stated before by others, I feel in no way that Todd`s feels like a "costume" jacket. I think that idea mostly erupts from the fact of how light weight it is from most other jackets. But again...it is suppose to be a light weight jacket as he is knowingly wearing it in the jungles, desert, and anywhere else adventure takes him. Second skin. Nowhere do I see him using it for warmth...In Nepal it was snowing so a leather jacket really wouldn`t do much for him..especially since in that time period, they had specific coats for that type enviroment.
I was about to say that too...in the movie, he spends most of his times in hat environments. I don't think they would torture Ford by giving him the thickest of all leather jackets. LOL
I thought they gave him a leather jacket to naturally distress the shirts with his sweat. :lol:
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

_ wrote:LOL! Remember that Ford was not an "A" list actor. During a lot of the shooting, he clearly prefered wearing NOTHING let alone any leather jacket. In Hawaii we see him stripped to the waist between shots. During the respective shots he's in full gear. And don't under estimate the discomfort of wearing a fur felt hat in a jungle. It'll cook youre cerebral cortex like a crème brûlée... :Dietrich: :TOH:
So was the absence of the jacket during the SOC scenes a sort of "gift" to Harrison? Or was he that close to collapsing of heatstroke (or because of the food poisoning most of the crew had) that's why they decided not to use the jacket in those scenes?

...or... that was really what was in the script?
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

_ wrote:
fenris wrote:
_ wrote:LOL! Remember that Ford was not an "A" list actor. During a lot of the shooting, he clearly prefered wearing NOTHING let alone any leather jacket. In Hawaii we see him stripped to the waist between shots. During the respective shots he's in full gear. And don't under estimate the discomfort of wearing a fur felt hat in a jungle. It'll cook youre cerebral cortex like a crème brûlée... :Dietrich: :TOH:
So was the absence of the jacket during the SOC scenes a sort of "gift" to Harrison? Or was he that close to collapsing of heatstroke (or because of the food poisoning most of the crew had) that's why they decided not to use the jacket in those scenes?

...or... that was really what was in the script?
No idea. Possibly the script supervisor had a moment of lucidity? :-k
...or pity.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Yeah I went hiking one time in the summer with my Christy. When ever I took of my hat, I can feel the cool breeze on my head. And by the way, it was around 34 degrees Celcius, humid, and no wind. LOL :)
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

I own a Todds custom from the days when he offered them, now I didn't saturate it with water, the sleeves kinda lost something in length. I'm in the process of trying to strech the leather.

But I'm curious, his site charges for shipping, yet the ebay store does not.
Question: is there a difference between these two sites jacket.
I've been kicking the idea of getting another jacket, either a Wested (wished the had something like a striated lamb) or another one of Todds lambs. BaaaaBbabaaaa. black sheep

Croft :mrgreen:
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

Indiana Croft wrote:I own a Todds custom from the days when he offered them, now I didn't saturate it with water, the sleeves kinda lost something in length. I'm in the process of trying to strech the leather.

But I'm curious, his site charges for shipping, yet the ebay store does not.
Question: is there a difference between these two sites jacket.
I've been kicking the idea of getting another jacket, either a Wested (wished the had something like a striated lamb) or another one of Todds lambs. BaaaaBbabaaaa. black sheep

Croft :mrgreen:
Hey Indiana Croft,

I actually have the jacket waiting for me at home right now, my sister recieved it. It's the best feeling LOL. Regarding shipping, I live in Toronto Canada, so there was a 26$ shipping charge. (I ordered the jacket from his ebay store). So maybe it depends where you are located relative to Todd, who is in Pine Valley California I believe.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Texan Scott wrote:
+1 but even more. If I could choose NO OTHER JACKET period, I would choose the Todd's Standard. As I've said a hundred times over, it's a leather windbreaker. It's tough but lightweight and comfortable year round. Throw a sweater on under it in cooler weather and it's great. Wear it in warmer weather with just a shirt under, or on cool summer nights...it's perfect.

And it IS SPOT ON for a Raiders jacket. :clap:
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

RaidersBash wrote:
Texan Scott wrote:
+1 but even more. If I could choose NO OTHER JACKET period, I would choose the Todd's Standard. As I've said a hundred times over, it's a leather windbreaker. It's tough but lightweight and comfortable year round. Throw a sweater on under it in cooler weather and it's great. Wear it in warmer weather with just a shirt under, or on cool summer nights...it's perfect.

And it IS SPOT ON for a Raiders jacket. :clap:
Well said! :clap: I agree 100% I absolutely love this jacket it screams RAIDERS!
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

It's got a good beat and you can dance to it, how's that? \:D/ :tup: