New "aged" Raiders kip whip.

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

New "aged" Raiders kip whip.

Post by G-Roberts »

Hi Guys,
I wanted to show you this new aged Raiders 10ft I made. I wanted to experiment a bit to give the aged look right out of the box. I've been making this in my spare time over the last few weeks. I've tried to improve the overall look of the whip with a much better butt knot shape and its slightly bigger. The trans knot is tied at the end of the handle to give the long slim handle look. Its much more Raider IMO. I also didn't want this whip to look too neat and tidy as we don't see that on screen. No dye was used at all. Here are the pics.

Image Image

Hope you guys like it.
Graeme.
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: New "aged" Raiders kip whip.

Post by Gorak »

That is incredible....it totally appears to have already been to Cairo and back. Very nice work. Will you be selling whips with this 'look' to them? It is a surefire especially for those SA folk. Great job. I love it when Indy vendors are successful when they venture out and try something different. :tup: :tup: :tup:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Yeah...I'm with Gorak. You have GOT to sell some whips if you are gonna taunt us with pics like this! I would put in an order right now!

Travis
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

No kidding!!! :shock:

Who do I write the check to? :lol:
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

I`ll take that one off your hands Graeme, seriously :- It looks great, you `ve really nailed the aged effect!

Cheers!

IndianaBravo
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

Graeme, please don't waste your talent. Your skills are truly amazing, don't let them go. You have much support here, everybody can have bad days, but you have cleared this up and faced the problem. I'm more than sure that you would have many customers if you stay in whip stuff.

The whip is perfect, I love the color, wide strands and long handle. Raiders all the way!
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Graeme,

I agree with everyone. I really do hope that after you have completed all of your orders you stick with it and continue to make whips to sell.

The whip above looks very SA in my opinion, much like the whip you made me, even more so I think, and I'm sure its a heck of a whip! Keep up the good work.

Daren :TOH:
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

Thanks for the awesome comments guys. I'm glad you like it. I may continue to make whips when all this is sorted. I guess we will see :)
Bravo, If you want your whip like this thats fine, just let me know. The same goes for anyone waiting for a natural whip from me :TOH:
Graeme :whip:
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Graeme,

Did you make this whip for "California Jones" or "None Member"?
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Kwad, Well urged.

I think its important, Graeme, that you continue to update everyone on your progress towards finishing unfinished orders.

As beautiful as this whip is, I think many of us would like to see the outstanding orders finished before projects like this one come to fruition.

Respectfully,
Daren
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

DarenHenryW wrote:Kwad, Well urged.

I think its important, Graeme, that you continue to update everyone on your progress towards finishing unfinished orders.

As beautiful as this whip is, I think many of us would like to see the outstanding orders finished before projects like this one come to fruition.

Respectfully,
Daren
I agree and totally understand where your coming from. I can assure you guys this is no project for myself at all. The none member has 3 whips on order and this is one of those. I'm trying to work this way, make one of none members, now done, then California's then another of his then the next on the list and then the last of his. I'm working it this way so I have whips going out to different people waiting regular. I've just almost finished California's whip and will mark it off the list when shipped. I hope you understand that its taking me a while because my full time job has a lot of long hours and my time is limited.
Kindest regards,
Graeme.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Graeme,
Thanks for the clarification. :TOH:
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

No problem Kwad :TOH: I'm starting your whip next week so if you have any questions please contact me.
Kindest regards,
Graeme.
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

G-Roberts wrote:
DarenHenryW wrote:Kwad, Well urged.

Respectfully,
Daren
I agree and totally understand where your coming from. I can assure you guys this is no project for myself at all. The none member has 3 whips on order and this is one of those. I'm trying to work this way, make one of none members, now done, then California's then another of his then the next on the list and then the last of his. I'm working it this way so I have whips going out to different people waiting regular. I've just almost finished California's whip and will mark it off the list when shipped. I hope you understand that its taking me a while because my full time job has a lot of long hours and my time is limited.
Kindest regards,
Graeme.

Thanks for the clarification, Graeme. Obviously, I have my stuff, so I'm not personally complaining, but you can understand my concern; I still feel somewhat responsible our COW members who are waiting on orders (though I fully recognize that it is your responsibility and not mine), and so am still generally looking out for them, though I recognize again that I am also not a moderator of this site, etc.

Thanks for your honesty, and I really do like the whip! Glad to know that it's a fine example of your progress!

Keep up the good work!

Hope you are well!

Daren :TOH:
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

G-Roberts wrote:No problem Kwad :TOH: I'm starting your whip next week so if you have any questions please contact me.
Kindest regards,
Graeme.
WooHoo!! \:D/
That is the best news I've heard in the last 12 months!

I'll shoot you a PM with my "Final Answer" (remember, I told you I'm horribly indecisive :lol: )
I think you really nailed the "Raiders" whip with this one and has got me reconsidering my decision. :-k
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

Daren, I totally understand my friend. Thats whats so great about this community, people are always looking out for others :TOH:

Kwad, I look forward to your PM and hopefully the decision will not be so hard to make. I'm sure, whatever choice you make you will be happy to have the whip... finally :oops:
Graeme :whip:
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Graeme, I'll just let you do what you do best.

I want a Raiders! I need a Raiders! I must have a Raiders!!!!

I have loved bullwhips ever since I saw Indy smack the Remington out of Barranca's hand.
I want THAT whip.

SO, put me down for one 8 foot Raiders style whip made of natural colored Kip with darker ring knot.

!!!!THIS IS MY FINAL ANSWER!!!!!

If I try to change my mind again, please feel free to bash me in the head (preferrably with a slice of lemon, wrapped around a large gold brick)
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

kwad wrote:Graeme, I'll just let you do what you do best.

I want a Raiders! I need a Raiders! I must have a Raiders!!!!

I have loved bullwhips ever since I saw Indy smack the Remington out of Barranca's hand.
I want THAT whip.

SO, put me down for one 8 foot Raiders style whip made of natural colored Kip with darker ring knot.

!!!!THIS IS MY FINAL ANSWER!!!!!

If I try to change my mind again, please feel free to bash me in the head (preferrably with a slice of lemon, wrapped around a large gold brick)
I'm kinda new to making whips ( made four or five now, and i've been told that i'm progressing very quickly ) and my goals is to be

able to make whips like this. Not necessarily the aged look, but just with the craftsmanship that graeme has.