Top Secret Hats 5% coupon code (for Christy's hats)

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Top Secret Hats 5% coupon code (for Christy's hats)

Post by jlee562 »

If, by chance, anybody wants a Christy's Adventurer or if anybody wants to be the guinea pig on their new Swerford model, I just got an email from Top Secret Hats (formerly Hornet's Hats) this morning, if you use the coupon code TOPSECRET you can get 5% off your order "for a limited time."
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Top Secret Hats 5% coupon code (for Christy's hats)

Post by ajocampo »

They don't make custom orders anymore correct? If not, are the dimensions for the top secret adventurer the same as the stock adventurer from hornets? :-k
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

Top Secret IS Hornets hats. They changed the name of the company. There is no difference between the products. And no, they do not customize.
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

jlee562 wrote:Top Secret IS Hornets hats. They changed the name of the company. There is no difference between the products. And no, they do not customize.
Nice, I thought the company was bought out or something. They should have stuck with Hornets hats. Sounds more classy. Same to with the website, the previous one, IMO, I liked better.
The Antiquarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician
Location: Los Angeles, California. YouTube Account: The Man-Machine

Post by The Antiquarian »

Hey, thanks for the coupon code Jlee! I was considering a Christy's myself, but not necessarily the new Swerford (it looks nice though), or an Indy hat in particular. With Christy's, I might go the Sean Connery Bond route, with their Sportsman model, or Epsom. That Wincanton is another narrower brimmed hat I like too.
WebleyMKV
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by WebleyMKV »

I too got the email from Topsecret/formerly Hornets, having already been on their mailing list from buying a Christy's Adventurer. I plan to buy a Swerford because I measured my Adventurebilt Deluxe from Mr. Delk and it would appear that the folks at TopSecret have attempted to get the exact dimensions of the AB down with this Swerford - I had to cut the brim down on the Adventurer so this looks like a good buy for the money.

Just an FYI for those considering buying either...The felt is not as nice obviously as the 100% beaver from AB but for about $100 US, they are nice hats. Nice looking and you don't have to be afraid of beating it up a bit.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Oooh wow! A whole FIVE percent off! LOL

:TOH:

Kyle
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Yeah, 5% is a little be stingy!

10% I might look up, 20% would have got an order.