Where do I get a pair of SA INDY BOOTS?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

wwhisko
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Where do I get a pair of SA INDY BOOTS?

Post by wwhisko »

I've tried emailing them (three times) at ADVENTUREBILT DELUXE for a pair of their boots, but no one has responded. Is there an order form on that site, which I seem to be overlooking? I've been told, that they offer the most SA boots available, but I cannot seem to reach them. Is there another place I might be able to find a pair, which are just as good?

David
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Where do I get a pair of SA INDY BOOTS?

Post by indyclone »

well there is todds costumes , i have had my boots from him over a year now and havent had but one small problem with them. the back heel came up on them and i took them to a shoe repair shop and for 12 bucks he fixed them as good as new . i would recommend (if you decide to buy the boots )that you put sole gaurds on the bottom of your boots , them keep them last longer and when the gaurds wear out just replace them .the boots cost $79.95 , like i said i have had mine over a year , to me the best price for a decent boot , others may disagree , and that's their opinion , but i'm just letting you know how my boots have been . ;)
TenuredProfessor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by TenuredProfessor »

http://www.aldenshoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Indy wore Aldens. Try the 405's or the 403's ;)
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

COW member Schmidty around the Chicago area sells Alden boots, either 403's or 405's. His number is: 630-232-2317

Good luck! :tup:
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I have a pair of Magnoli's that have proven very comfortable. He has lot of colors to pick from, too.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

He said SA though, which I believe would exclude Magnoli AND Todd's.

indyclone, that's it. I'm now 100% sure that you either ARE Todd Coyle's alter ego, or you are an employee of his. :)

David, I'm not quite sure where you are located (you didn't put it in your profile), but if you are on the left coast, you could try the Alden Shop in San Francisco. I was there last year looking to get my Alden 405's resoled.

They've definitely got what you want.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

maboot38 wrote:He said SA though, which I believe would exclude Magnoli AND Todd's.
In what way are they not SA, other than the name? I haven't seen any substantive differences in my time at various summits.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:
maboot38 wrote:He said SA though, which I believe would exclude Magnoli AND Todd's.
In what way are they not SA, other than the name? I haven't seen any substantive differences in my time at various summits.
On the technicality that they are not Aldens. I'm not saying anything about quality, just that Harrison Ford was wearing Aldens on screen, not Todd's, not Magnoli's. Therefore, the most screen accurate boot would be the Aldens.

Is there even any debate to this? I'm acting as though it is fact. Correct me if I'm wrong. When someone wants something "SA", we pretty much know two things:
1. There is no such thing.
2. If we know what brand and make something screen used was, it is generally accepted that the same brand and make is what is considered most "SA".

That said, I will agree that the Todd's look fantastic and are a very good deal coming in at around $75. The Magnoli's also look almost identical to the Aldens and I've heard good things about the quality.

I guess I might have been making assumptions as to the original poster's definition of "SA". If it was only things that LOOK like what was worn on screen, the the replies about Todd's and Magnoli's are very useful.

Anyway...didn't mean to jump on anyone, sorry if I came across that way.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

True Maboot - you can't get more SA than the actual brand name ;)
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

maboot38 wrote: Is there even any debate to this? I'm acting as though it is fact. Correct me if I'm wrong. When someone wants something "SA", we pretty much know two things:
1. There is no such thing.
2. If we know what brand and make something screen used was, it is generally accepted that the same brand and make is what is considered most "SA".
There is a third thing, however, which is a sub- of the 2nd. The makers of the gear are often no longer producing an SA product. I give you HJ hats, the on-going debate over the accuracy of Wested jackets, and the long history of color issues with Aldens. So, I would say that getting as SA as possible means STARTING with the same brand, but realizing that such may not always be the MOST SA at the current moment. Although, I concede that Alden is now putting forth better options than a few years ago.

maboot38 wrote:I guess I might have been making assumptions as to the original poster's definition of "SA". If it was only things that LOOK like what was worn on screen, the the replies about Todd's and Magnoli's are very useful.
Again, I remind you of the ever-mutating HJ Poet. But, I suppose I am also making assumptions, thinking that SA is meant to cover the look. I suppose our assumptions prove each other to be as likely inaccurate as not. :lol:
maboot38 wrote:Anyway...didn't mean to jump on anyone, sorry if I came across that way.
Not at all. I just wondered if I was missing something beyond the branding. Civil discourse and exploration of ideas, all that. :TOH:
Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Raats »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:I have a pair of Magnoli's that have proven very comfortable. He has lot of colors to pick from, too.
I echo this… my Magnoli's have been more than brilliant and indeed, I went into the Alden Store In San Francisco and the salesperson congratulated me on my terrific footwear…

I didn't let him get too close an inspection - the overall impression was enough..

Best

MARK
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I've had a pair of Magnoli's boots for about a year and a half and have been generally happy with them. I went with Mag's for two reasons: 1. I wanted the cordovan color and 2. I don't like speed lace hooks on shoes (I had a cousin take a nasty spill down a flight of stairs when the lace from one boot caught on the hook of the other foot) and with Mag's I could get regular lace holes all the way up.

As for the 'generally happy' comment. My only concern is with the dark color of the leather, scuffs show very readily. I know, "You're worried about scuffs on your Indy shoes?" Yes, I didn't get these boots to go hiking/camping, they are for street wear. I got a bad scuff on one of the toes within weeks of having the boots and the dye seems to be just on the very surface of the leather. I've had other shoes in dark brown or black for years that haven't shown scuffs this readily. I contacted Magnoli right away to let him know and he said he would check with his maker.

Having said that, I would not hesitate to recommend Magnoli's boots as an alternative to Aldens.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
ajocampo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ajocampo »

indyclone, that's it. I'm now 100% sure that you either ARE Todd Coyle's alter ego, or you are an employee of his. :)

David, I'm not quite sure where you are located (you didn't put it in your profile), but if you are on the left coast, you could try the Alden Shop in San Francisco. I was there last year looking to get my Alden 405's resoled.

They've definitely got what you want.
LOL I was waiting until I saw someone mention this about Indyclone...don't get me wrong though, I have nothing against Todd or Indyclone. I myself am waiting for Todd's standard. :TOH:
wwhisko
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wwhisko »

I thank everyone for all the information. I'm on the West Coast, and am looking for a boot that's as SA as possible. I don't mind a high price tag, as I know that with footwear, you often have to pay a high price for quality. And I do hope to wear these for a long time. I did find a site THE ALDEN SHOP OF SAN FRANCISCO. Can someone tell me if the image shown (brown Indy boot) is the best one to get? Would I have to make any special requests? I see that they have 403 and 405, can someone explain the difference to me?

David
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

There's been ton written about the 405 and 403 boots. In fact, this is a thread located five spots down from your post dedicated to exactly your question. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=47437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

Indiana Jeff