L.L. Bean Dark Khaki vs Taupe - please advise

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

L.L. Bean Dark Khaki vs Taupe - please advise

Post by Indiana Cromeens »

It's time to buy a new pair of Dress Chino's. I've never owned a pair of the taupe Chinos but I know that they're the favorite color of Gearheads here. The pair I've owned was a dark khaki. At the time taupe was not available. I really like the color on the dark khaki ones, looking at the website and comparing colors they seem to be more accurate. I beseech the mighty COW gods to chime in. Anybody out there have both? What do you think? If anybody has both could you maybe post a pic of the two of them side by side? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: L.L. Bean Dark Khaki vs Taupe - please advise

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I have seen the old taupe pants that existed before the dark khaki, and they were a better Indy color. I plan to order a pair of the new taupe pants this week for myself. If you are a patient man, I can post a side-by-side with the dark khaki when they arrive.
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Thanks Chewbacca Jones!
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

My new Taupe pants are here. They say taupe is a soothing color. I would agree. It has less green than their Dark Khaki, and is a tad darker and warmer. It is also slightly different from their discontinued Microfiber Taupe pants.

This photo shows three LL Bean pants; (left) Microfiber Dark Khaki, (middle) the new Taupe Dress Chinos, (right) Dark Khaki Dress Chinos. The pants across the top are Magnoli wool blends in Dark Khaki for reference. As you can see, the new taupe is very nice!

Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

That's perfect! Exactly what I was looking for!!! Taupe it is! Thanks so much!!!