My Crease n Corral Texas Stockwhip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

My Crease n Corral Texas Stockwhip

Post by Gorak »

In an older thread by Bdgsi11, Crease n Corral was presented. I went to the website and saw his 'Cairo Bullwhip". Being a big fan of the Streets of Cairo Indy form, I was very interested. HOwever, I decided that I wanted to expand my whip artistry and try something new. So I opted for one of his Texas Stockwhip in 7 ft cowhide.
I simply ordered off his website and Mr. Dusty Damrel responded quickly to let know the time span and answer any question I had. I then forgot about it until a short time later when he sent me an E-mail stating that he finished my whip sooner than expected and shipped it out with tracking numbers and all. When it did arrive, the weather was bad here and I was super busy so I never even got to open the package untill about two days later...I wanted to savor my first Stockwhip.
This thing is beautiful to look at. I kept fearing that it would come across as kinda 'blingy' but it does not. I love the color and just didn`t want to touch it. I just wanted to frame it and hang it on my wall. Very beautiful whip to look at.
When I finially took it out of the box, the best word to decribe it would be 'dangerous'. My Morgan feels alive, my Louie Foxx Snakewhips feel like part of my arm...this thing feels deadly. I don`t know why or how but that is just the best way to describe how it feels in the hand....like you mean business. My 2 and 4 year old daughters usually practice with me when I`m whipping. They have their own and I let them run around so I can practice better control as I practice...this was the first time I told them they had to stay out of our practice area.
The whip is about as heavy as my Morgan. It rolls and slithers with the slightest wrist flick. The braiding seems very nice and tight all the way down to the end and tapers ever so slightly. I don`t know much about Stockwhips and what consistutes quality but this one seems to be top-notch. I am very impressed.
Mr Damrel was a pleasure to do business with, answered all my emails quickly, and I even got a complimentary cassette of Dusty singing country songs which my 14 year old daughter has not stopped playing. I am not a big fan of country music but this was actually pretty good and I am transfering it over to my Ipod. I am also planning on getting one of his Australian Bullwhips and then, if there is anything left, I`ll get the Cairo Bullwhip.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 150557.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had several action shots and better displays of this whip in action on my cellphone but I recently killed my phone and lost all of my pics so this was just a quicky as I really wanted to get this whip out to you guys already.
riku1914
Vendor

Re: My Crease n Corral Texas Stockwhip

Post by riku1914 »

I just looked him up, GREAT prices, especially on longer lengths
Holmes
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Holmes »

Looks nice :tup: hope you enjoy your first stock whip!
Indiana County Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana County Jr. »

Dusty does great work!

They really look like roo', it's hard to believe it is cowhide :shock: .

Allen