Show us your US Wings Legend COW US made or Imported jackets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Show us your US Wings Legend COW US made or Imported jackets

Post by scot2525 »

I recieved this jacket last Wednesday and have not had the opportunity to wear it much, been really cold here, but can give a review of the leather and the fit.

The leather is very soft almost as soft as the New Zealand lamb and this was very surprising to me. My jacket has very little grain to it as well especially when compared to my other two cowhide jackets. The color is very similar to my Wested Novapelle, a dusty brown color that has a suede like feel to it. Sarge stated this leather is the same type and from the same tannery as the leather used in KotCS. When the time comes to apply a leather dressing, I am dying to do so Weston, I am leaning towards the brown Pecards dressing or a product Sarge mentioned called Black Rock. I will have to ask :M: about that product.

The stitching and construction are top notch and what I would expect from a Schott made product. I really like the burgandy satin liner, it may not be for everyone, but I feel it adds a touch of class to the product.

The jacket fits like a glove. It is not restrictive anywhere but also is not big enough to layer a sweatshirt or other type of items under. I happen to like this as the Indy style of jacket is not suited for really cold weather.

I am extremely satisfied with this jacket, I do hope once it is treated that it darkens up the leather, and look forward to the many years of wear I will get out of it.

On to the pics: jacket is a medium, I am 5' 9" and 160 lbs roughly, 42" chest.

Last edited by scot2525 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damieneo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: US Wings Cow Legend Review and pics.

Post by damieneo »

Scott,

The jacket fits you like a glove! Tailor-made!

The color is just about the same as on the import Legend Cowhide, other than that, great looking jacket! Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: :)
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

It looks more like Wested's washed goat to me, not like novapelle. Anyway, amazing jacket, fit is perfect.
gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

That jacket fits you well :TOH: I agree that lining seems to ad a touch of class.

I think that cowhide is a good compromise between looking the part and being tough. Unlike the SL (fat sheep) it's more appropriate for wearing on actual adventures.

The matte finish and color remind me of the way Indy's jacket appears when he's after the Arc in the truck. Very cool look.

I'm interested in seeing how the cowhide breaks in. I'm absolutely loving the way the SL is breaking in. I'd say that cowhide will benefit from getting caught in a light rain shower.
Fitch
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Fitch »

Sweet jacket!

Thanks for posting these pics. :TOH:
I was undecided on the USA Cowhide, but these photos won me over. Just called USW and ordered one!
Tremolo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tremolo »

That´s an awesome jacket Scott! Well, like all Legend jackets seem to be. I can definitely see what you mean with the Wested Novapelle comparison, it reminds me a lot of my jacket when it was new.

Enjoy this beauty!
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Thanks for the replies and compliments guys!

Fitch, I am glad you ordered one, I don't think you will not be dissapointed. :tup:

Tomek I do not have a washed goat from Wested so I cannot make that comparison, however this jacket has many similar aspects to my Wested novapelle that is approaching 3 years old and has been treated several times.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Excellent Scott! I've been looking forward to these pics. You couldn't possibly ask for a better fit. I only had mine long enough to take pictures and then my wife claimed it because she fell in love with the leather and lining. :lol:

Great pictures! To me, it looks like a good Raven Bar jacket in these pics. Thanks!

Weston
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Great fit! Much better than the Hero jacket. The proof is in the pudding, here. Indy jackets look best when they actually fit. 27 inch back length? No way. You wear it well. Judging by the pictures, you couldn't ask for a better fit.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Show us your US Wings Legend COW US made or Imported jac

Post by scot2525 »

I changed the title of this thread to a "Show me thread" as we have for the other US Wings jackets. I included both USA made and Imported versions. According to Weston and Sarge only a few of the USA made jackets are actually out there in customers hands. So gentleman post up those pictures and let us know which version you have.

I have only worn mine for a a few a days as the weather here has been brutally cold. That will change this week as temps will be in the 40's and 50's F. I am hoping to get it caught in a rain shower this week and begin some collar training.
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Scott your jacket looks amazing on you! The back panel it's truly awesome! Thanks for posting!
AnubisScales
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by AnubisScales »

"Fits like a glove" is the perfect way of putting it. Looks AWESOME on you. :TOH:
Smith
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Smith »

Great looking jacket!

I have a Legend jacket on the way. Hope to have a pic to show soon and that it looks as nice.
Fitch
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Fitch »

I received my USA Cow Legend yesterday and will be returning it. I love the leather but the cut is too tight. I have a USA striated lamb in a large and it fits me perfectly. I ordered a size large in USA Cow and it's way too tight uder the arms and the sleeves ride up. I don't understand how the same can be so different. Very disappointed.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Outstanding! These jackets capture that adventure flavor as well as any I have ever seen. Wear it in good health.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Fitch wrote:I received my USA Cow Legend yesterday and will be returning it. I love the leather but the cut is too tight. I have a USA striated lamb in a large and it fits me perfectly. I ordered a size large in USA Cow and it's way too tight uder the arms and the sleeves ride up. I don't understand how the same can be so different. Very disappointed.

Fitch, are you returning it for a refund or going up a size? I had a similiar problem with my Legend Cowhide import. Although, the large fit me almost to a "T" I felt that IF the jacket shrunk any over the years or I got a little bigger it would end up being to small so I opted to exchange mine for an XL. I'm waiting to receive my XL so we'll see how this one fits.
Fitch
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Fitch »

Pitfall Harry wrote:
Fitch wrote:I received my USA Cow Legend yesterday and will be returning it. I love the leather but the cut is too tight. I have a USA striated lamb in a large and it fits me perfectly. I ordered a size large in USA Cow and it's way too tight uder the arms and the sleeves ride up. I don't understand how the same can be so different. Very disappointed.

Fitch, are you returning it for a refund or going up a size? I had a similiar problem with my Legend Cowhide import. Although, the large fit me almost to a "T" I felt that IF the jacket shrunk any over the years or I got a little bigger it would end up being to small so I opted to exchange mine for an XL. I'm waiting to receive my XL so we'll see how this one fits.
I guess I'll get a refund, I think I would be swimming in an XL. Maybe I just have one cut a little smaller than normal. I would like to exchange for another Large just to try on, but return shipping charges are starting to add up for me. Like I said the USA Lamb Large = perfect fit, the USA Cow Large = very tight through shoulders. I don't understand it.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Fitch wrote:
Pitfall Harry wrote:

I guess I'll get a refund, I think I would be swimming in an XL. Maybe I just have one cut a little smaller than normal. I would like to exchange for another Large just to try on, but return shipping charges are starting to add up for me. Like I said the USA Lamb Large = perfect fit, the USA Cow Large = very tight through shoulders. I don't understand it.
Maybe the cow Large you got was a mismarked and should really be a medium. Ask Sarge or Myke.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

That jacket does look good - I've owned a few US Wings jackets - but though I see how great they look on other people, I never feel they seem right on me :-k
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Fitch, I just got mine back and I had a fear I might end up "swimming" in an extra large but thankfully that's NOT the case. My XL fits really well on me. You *might* want to give that a try before totally giving up. Just some food for thought. :TOH:
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Does no one else have pictures of this jacket to post? I have had the oppurtunity to wear this jacket the last couple of weeks and it is really breaking in nicely.
ron521
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ron521 »

THAT'S the way a jacket is supposed to fit, especially through the shoulders. I'm about the same size, and love the fit of my M Signature Series.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

ron521 wrote:THAT'S the way a jacket is supposed to fit, especially through the shoulders. I'm about the same size, and love the fit of my M Signature Series.
You are correct ron521, that is the way A jacket should fit. I don't know if I agree if it is the way an Indy "Raiders" jacket should fit though.