Custom LC advice

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Custom LC advice

Post by IndyRich »

Hi guys. I'm planning on getting a custom LC from wested in goat in the next couple of months. Dose anyone have some decent quality pictures of the authentic goat that I could take a look at. Also I want to request the more screen accurate action pleats as I am fed up of looking like I have wings when wearing my current wested. Has anyone requested these recently if so how do they look, do they alter the fit of the jacket in anyway?

Any general mod ideas are also welcome. I like westeds LC but I feel that something is missing

Cheers
Rich
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Custom LC advice

Post by nicktheguy »

Oh boy - I have no advice - just that there should be a flurry of comments about SA pleats - all variations of screen shots....I've always been plagued searching for the perfect action pleat - just to discover they tend to vary. I am curious to see how people respond.

I know a member here who did some stitching just above the slider to keep his pleats in place and he says it worked great.

Good luck with your LC quest.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

I had the pleat depth on my custom LC reduced to 1.25 inches.
With the lower yoke on the LC pattern, and the shallower pleats they never stick out.

My Wested Raiders had very deep pleats (a bit over 2 inchs). Now those suckers would stick out! I ended up putting elastic inside the jacket to keep the pleats in.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

IR do a search on Wested LC jackets made for Holt. He has come up with the best specs I've seen.
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

I got an LC from Wested recently that used some of Holt's specs combined with some of KT Templar's, and I got what I think is the one of more accurate LC jackets I've seen, if I may say so myself (sorry no pics yet). Here were the specs I gave Peter:

Pocket placement 2.5'' from hem. Pockets should be 6.5'' w x 7.5'' h with big pocket flap.
The pocketflap should be 3.25'' to center point.
No hem stitch.
Back arm seam same as front arm seam (no top stitch).

And lastly, I would make sure I include (I didn't unfortunately) "single stitched shoulder seams" as LC Westeds normally come with the CS-style double-stitched shoulder seams. The screen-used LC jackets only has single stitched shoulders.
Holt
Craftsman

Re: KT's new jacket....

Post by Holt »

How dare you come out here saying that and dont show pictures!! ;)
tekors
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: from Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil but living in Beirut, Lebanon

Post by tekors »

Agree with Holt,

We demand pictures :WLWOP:
:P
IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyRich »

jasonalun wrote:I got an LC from Wested recently that used some of Holt's specs combined with some of KT Templar's, and I got what I think is the one of more accurate LC jackets I've seen, if I may say so myself (sorry no pics yet). Here were the specs I gave Peter:

Pocket placement 2.5'' from hem. Pockets should be 6.5'' w x 7.5'' h with big pocket flap.
The pocketflap should be 3.25'' to center point.
No hem stitch.
Back arm seam same as front arm seam (no top stitch).

And lastly, I would make sure I include (I didn't unfortunately) "single stitched shoulder seams" as LC Westeds normally come with the CS-style double-stitched shoulder seams. The screen-used LC jackets only has single stitched shoulders.

Thanks for the measurements. Looking forward to seeing your pictures
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

IR, check out my mid-December thread. Those pockets are 7" x 8", based on an enlargement from screengrabs, so the proportion is exact. I sent Peter a template and he incorporated it precisely. If you wear a size 42 or 44 and want that pocket, PM me and I'd be happy to e-mail you the template.

SD
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

I read here that the Magnoli LC actually uses measurements taken from the LC film used jacket. Measurements taken from someone here at the Smithsonian Institution.

The pockets on the Magnoli would be accurate, you'd imagine.
Last edited by CM on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyRich »

CM wrote:I read here that the Magnoli LC actually uses measurements taken from the LC film used jacket. Measurements taken from somewhere here at the Smithsonian Institution.

The pockets on the Magnoli woudl be accurate, you'd imagine.

:-k Good thinking. Anyone know the pocket measurements of 44/46" Magnoli LC jacket?
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: KT's new jacket....

Post by jasonalun »

Indiana Holt wrote:How dare you come out here saying that and dont show pictures!! ;)
Yes, I know, I'm a worm. I'll get to it ASAP, sir! :lol:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

IR,

I received Mag's LC jacket sometime in January while we were gone. The +/- 3 month wait time was accurate for me. Though a person could have SA measurements, these would have been taken from a SA jacket for a size 40, appoximately, no? The idea is that if a size 40 jacket measures "X" then the measurements might have to be adjusted slightly, up for a larger size, or down for a smaller size, no? Anyway, my jacket is a size 44 and the LC pockets measure 7"H x 6 1/2" W, if that is any help. Best to state the measurements you would most prefer, maybe 8" H x 7", to save a step or two. Your concept of "large pockets" may not be the same as the makers.