Another new Indy jacket seller on Ebay

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

interbak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Another new Indy jacket seller on Ebay

Post by interbak »

I found another Ebay seller today claiming exact copies of our favorite jacket, so I thought I'd bait him a bit.
Here's the auction wording;

Exact Replica of Indiana Jones Film Leather Jacket

This a custom made sheep leather replica of Indiana Jones first film jacket wear by actor Harrison Ford.Special care is taken in making the jacket using all quality products like zip,thread and under lining to match the original. It is very comfortable soft and give you a fantastic look .
The jacket is made from 100% cow leather to give it a original look.

We have made the jacket as closely to original. We make sure every part matches the original from the color to stitching & leather quality softness. The jacket made with High quality leather. Special attention has been paid to details of this replica motorcycle jacket to look like original. This is an exclusive jacket which gives you an eye catching look. The jacket is prepared from unblemished COW skin leather which gives it precise look as in the pictures. We have this jacket available in Original Brown color and M, XL sizes.

Note: Accessories like zips etc could be different from images due to availability issues.

The sellers name is mw.nad, with zero feedback and the photo is stolen from US Authentic. I asked for pictures of his actual jackets, and if I could stop by to see one in person, since it's not far away. We'll see what they say.

Brian
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Another new Indy jacket seller on Ebay

Post by RaidersBash »

I've seen that guy on Ebay. I can't wait to hear his response. i'll be following this one close #-o
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

The mere fact that the image is ripped off from another site is a BIG sign to steer clear. Why bother with this? Just seems like someone trying to make a dishonest buck.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Gotta expose the crooks...we're the good guys.
Solo4114
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Solo4114 »

You could just notify Ebay that the image is taken from another website which did not authorize its use. That alone might get them to pull the image, if not the auction itself.
Dr. Evil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Dr. Evil »

If I was going to use a picture of someone else's jacket, it sure wouldn't be the US Authentic Mfg Co Indy jacket. Not a big fan.

The message from the seller is worded like they are not too great with English.
Digger4Glory
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Digger4Glory »

Alas, another traveling snake oil salesman. :-0 Makes me think of Josey Wales! Now that was a funny scene! :lol:
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Exact Replica of Indiana Jones Film Leather Jacket

This a custom made sheep leather replica of Indiana Jones first film jacket wear by actor Harrison Ford.
Allright... sheep leather sounds good so far :-k
Special care is taken in making the jacket using all quality products like zip,thread and under lining to match the original. It is very comfortable soft and give you a fantastic look .
The jacket is made from 100% cow leather to give it a original look.
Wait... They just said sheep leather earlier...

We have made the jacket as closely to original. We make sure every part matches the original from the color to stitching & leather quality softness. The jacket made with High quality leather.

Okay... what kind of leather is it? I'm kind of lost here.

Special attention has been paid to details of this replica motorcycle jacket to look like original.
Hold on =;

...You said it was and Indiana Jones jacket... Now, it's a motorcycle jacket?!?!?
This is an exclusive jacket which gives you an eye catching look. The jacket is prepared from unblemished COW skin leather
So, it's cowskin... not lamb? And it's a Motorcylce jacket not and Indiana Jones jacket right?
which gives it precise look as in the pictures. We have this jacket available in Original Brown color and M, XL sizes.

Note: Accessories like zips etc could be different from images due to availability issues.
But they said "Special care is taken in making the jacket using all quality products like zip,thread and under lining to match the original".... except when availability issues arise... hmmm.

I don't know guys. I say go for it!!! Sounds legit to me!!! \:D/

:CR:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Tennessee Smith wrote:
Special attention has been paid to details of this replica motorcycle jacket to look like original.
Hold on =;

...You said it was and Indiana Jones jacket... Now, it's a motorcycle jacket?!?!?
You you not seen Last Crusade or Crystal Skull?! Two huge motorcycles chases!

But wait, in KotCS Indy is wearing a sports coat on the motorcycle. Does that mean this jacket is tweed? :-s

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

I think "Bad guys" would get a lot more respect if they weren't idiots....And if they could write in correct sentences...Perhaps...

Wait....COW skin leather? Maybe he means he's skinned one of US? And used that for the jacket! Now THAT WOULD qualify as being a "bad guy"!!! Even WITH the spelling mistakes! :twisted:

Interesting and highly stupid fraud...I agree, stopping him from selling to people who don't know better, and can't read English, and don't see that if he's said "sheep" in one line, then said "cow" in the next he's PROBABLY full of something HAS to be a good idea....

Let us know what happens!
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

Dr. Evil wrote:If I was going to use a picture of someone else's jacket, it sure wouldn't be the US Authentic Mfg Co Indy jacket. Not a big fan.

The message from the seller is worded like they are not too great with English.
Right, you'd use the Wested picture like the guy selling an "Indiana Jones Jacket Motorbike Leather Jacket Coat S-XL". He knows the right way to cheat!
interbak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by interbak »

Update, his only reply so far is;

Dear interbak,

All our jacket ship from the overseas manufacturer warehouse.
- mw.nad

Didn't really answer any questions, other than basically saying, no you can't stop by and see one. I sent another request for picture, assuming the factory should have some, or could take some. Waiting on next response.

Brian
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

Maybe you should just report him as suspicious and let eBay deal with it.
Dr. Evil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Dr. Evil »

So he can't speak english. How do you know he's a "Bad Guy?" Perhaps it’s a good product. Just because he’s not on the list of accepted Indy jacket vendors on this forum doesn’t mean he should be run out of business. I’m sure his jacket probably *****, but so do a lot of the jackets we see here. :shock:
interbak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by interbak »

I was giving him every chance to put up pictures of his actual product instead of the ones ripped off from US Authentic, no luck. I'll likely just drop Shaul a note and let him deal with it if he likes.

Brian
Dr. Evil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Dr. Evil »

Yes, the fake photos are a bit of a giveaway and are also a bit of information I overlooked. Thus, they truly are Bad Guys, becasue they're gonna scam somebody, probably somebody that'll end up being a member here and who will show us this jacket about five years from now in response to a forum that asks everybody to show pics of their first indy jacket. I imagine plastic buckles and a plastic zipper, the kind you get on one of those Indian market jackets in some South American country.