Having trouble with 4 corners

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Caber
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Having trouble with 4 corners

Post by Caber »

Im having trouble getting the 4 corners crack pattern down. i some times can get 2 cracks on the off side , both of the back corners, or 3 crack in row but i cant get all 4. Ive looked at Paul Nolan's video on youtube and i have Mike Murpy's DVD's but im still stuck. Is there any other training methods you suggest or maybe a little trick im missing?
thanks for your help

Caber 8)
stoneman
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Having trouble with 4 corners

Post by stoneman »

maybe a video of your technique would help to pinpoint what's missing.
I've got a hard time with that one as well :whip:
Canasta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Canasta »

I was given some great advice from Vince Bruce a long time ago that really helped me.
Work on each crack individually. Add each individual crack, one-by-one.
So you would put the first and second crack together (whichever two you make them) and
get them consistently. Then work on the first, second, third, and so on.
It really helped rather than just trying to learn all four cracks and the routine at the same time.

I hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

Chris
Caber
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Caber »

Well im not sure how to post a Video. but i will see if i can some time this week or next week .

I have bean working on each individual crack for about a month now I just cant seem to put them all together. Ill keep working on it

Caber 8)
Indiana County Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana County Jr. »

Caber,
Are you using your 10ft Delongis to do the four corners with? Sometimes a shorter length is easier to get the moves down with in combination.

Crack On! :whip:
Allen
Caber
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Caber »

haha no not yet im training with a 5 foot nylon stock whip from Midwest whips

Caber 8)
Caber
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Caber »

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply . Here is the video of me trying to do the 4 corners. Those of you who know how to do the 4 corners, please tell me what im doing wrong.

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac35 ... CF3878.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kiscien
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kiscien »

Hello,

You just swing your whip back. Try to pull it using your wrist. To feell that try to make only two cracks. Start with the overhead end on crack behind your head. It will be simillar to first to cracks of the volley. Same thing with the second part. You begin from the hungarian pig drover (overhead in different direction) and end with crack behind your back.

When you learn those two parts then put it together and make whole 4 corners.

Hope it help a little :)

Karol
kiscienwhips.com
Caber
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Caber »

So are you saying to do a fast figure 8 on one side and then do another one in reverse on the other side ?

Caber 8)
stoneman
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by stoneman »

I'm no whip cracking pro, but it looks like your are getting great wrist action on the forward cracks and not so much on the ones behind you. A little flick of wrist on the back stroke may be all that you're missing.
Kiscien
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kiscien »

Hello,

yeah. Something like that. Whip in the four corner is movin very simillar. If you can do the smooth ff8 in overhead plane in both ways, change move a little bit. Don't make 8 with your wrist and just pull your whip ( something like windshields move ;)). If you can crack two cracks with the windshield, on the left side, and you can crack both on the right side, than simply do not stop ;). And you have 4 corners! Congratulations :)

Karol
Caber
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Caber »

ya i am getting good wrist torque on the forward cracks but even with the good torque I still dont get a crack, just a woosh . I am going to give what Kiscien said a try. I think i see something else Im doing wrong too. Every time i watch some one do the 4 corners they dont move their arm as much as I move mine. The action is more in their wrist instead of the arm and shoulder

Cabe 8)