Will we see a new "Todd's Indy Jacket" soon?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indy_1971
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Will we see a new "Todd's Indy Jacket" soon?

Post by Indy_1971 »

Just curious if anyone had any info?
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Re: Will we see a new "Todd's Indy Jacket" soon?

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Have you asked Todd? ;)
Solo4114
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Solo4114 »

I know, but I'm not telling.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! :twisted:

Disclaimer: I have no specific knowledge of any production by specific vendors, planned or actual.
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

I'm going to echo Bink, just call Todd. He's very friendly and it's nice to get info from the source! I copied/paste from his web site for you, here it is:

Call us anytime! 661-242-2089

Zane :TOH:
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

I thought I recall a post recently where Todd himself did say that he would not be ordering any new jackets for quite some time, that he has plenty in inventory...

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn or mistaken in my information, but that's what I recall.
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

i second raidersbash's comment. it was posted about one or two months ago that he would not be getting any new batches anytime soon. i was hoping so as he said that he'd requested a few details to be more s.a., but he mentioned to not count on it or something to that effect.

-jlhampton
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

I asked Todd about the stock-jackets recently and this is what he said,so new ones won't be seen anytime soon.
"Hi Marq,we still have a couple hundred jackets in stock!."
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

MARQ wrote:I asked Todd about the stock-jackets recently and this is what he said,so new ones won't be seen anytime soon.
"Hi Marq,we still have a couple hundred jackets in stock!."
Okay, so we all know what we need to do. Everyone order a jacket and then Todd can get to making the most SA jackets ever done!!! \:D/
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

I was just thinking that ... I may need to pick up an XL and try some washing mischief. :-k
Indy_1971
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Will we see a new

Post by Indy_1971 »

_ wrote:Yeah. Troll posts are pointless... I think I'll post one asking if anybody knows anything about the new Herbert Johnson jacket offering...
Please forgive me. It'll never happen again.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Will we see a new

Post by Tibor »

_ wrote:
Tibor wrote:I was just thinking that ... I may need to pick up an XL and try some washing mischief. :-k
Todd's jackets (in my experience) react well to this. I meant to tell him this, but I noticed in mine that the grain is well matched and directionally consistent across panels. Generally they are horizontal which is good if you need to shrink without loosing length. It worked very well on mine. I looked through a handful at the QM and saw this was pretty consistent.
Excellent! ... Once again, it's cold water, front loader, any other pearls of wisdom I've missed? I've never tried this before. I'd better get on the horn and order one up.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Tibor wrote:I was just thinking that ... I may need to pick up an XL and try some washing mischief. :-k
I need to pick up another one too. I took a shower with mine and the fit is AWESOME!!! But I bought it roomy to wear sweaters under, and now it's just a WEE TAD tight when I do...

Oh well...good excuse to buy another.

Plus...it was such a GORGEOUS jacket, luxurious feel to the lamb like butter...and the shower took that away and really made it a tough as nails adventure jacket...

But I'd like to have another buttery soft, luxurious feel jacket for dinner nights with my wife. :H:
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Try slathering it with some pecards. Work it into the fibers good and it'll take out a lot of the stiffness. After a week it'll make it grow again. Maybe not as much as new but it will relax the leather enough that you can layer again.

:TOH:

-TS
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Tennessee Smith wrote:Try slathering it with some pecards. Work it into the fibers good and it'll take out a lot of the stiffness. After a week it'll make it grow again. Maybe not as much as new but it will relax the leather enough that you can layer again.

:TOH:

-TS
Thanks TS. I do need to order some more Pecards. :TOH:

I've did that about a year ago or so after the initial shower treatment, and it softened it up quite a bit. Todd recommended gently pulling the leather and stretching it by hand and THAT little trick was amazing in how soft it made it...

But alas, nothing I'm afraid will make it a soft as it was new...

but that's okay...I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy another one, to see how it would age naturally...

AND MOST IMPORTANT, to clear out Todd's Inventory so he'll have to order more with the previously mentioned "Tweaks" \:D/

Really a WIN WIN WIN for all. Now, from whom to swipe the money from . :BD:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I think I just might get one and put it through the old _ washing machine treatment. I need a lighter jacket...

Travis
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Hollowpond wrote:I contacted our local leather care expert ( :M: ) about putting Pecards on this sucker, his suggestion was Lexol...not Pecards! :shock: Seems lambs tiny pores prefer it. Never being one to turn down his sage advice, I purchased some today and applied it to my jacket. MAN! It really relaxed the leather and made some of the grain pop right out. Any of my panels that had a little bit of stiffness to them are limp as as wet noodle right now. Talk about Raiders drape!!!! I highly recommend it!

Travis

I found a great conditioner/softener similiar to Lexol at my local tack store. It's made by Farnam, called "Leather New: Deep Conditioner and restorer"...restores softness and pliability, inhibits mold and mildewThe ingredient list says: "A blend of natural and synthetic oils. Contains no silicones, waxes or petroleum distillates."

It ran about $10 for 16 oz, but Amazon has it for a great deal: http://www.amazon.com/Farnam-Leather-De ... B000BAU7KM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now, for how it did to my Todd's Jacket:

IT's LIKE NEW!!! CRAZY BUTTERY SOFT LIKE WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT!!!

I've tried Pecards, Dr. Jacksons, Leather CPR and a few others....absolutely NOTHING has done what this did. I wish you guys could feel the difference, because then you would become TRUE BELIEVERS :twisted:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

exactly. ''oil''

oils will penetrate any tight pored lambskin. pecards standard dressing will not so much. it will just ay on top of the surface and become tacky. to get cream/dressing to penetrate into the fibers of lambskin it will have to get really distressed and an aged surface before it can absorb into the leather like you want it to.
irishjones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by irishjones »

what leather are Todd's jackets made from?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

^^

lamb.