WINGS Imported Lamb Legend Promised Pics

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

IMPORTED LAMBSKIN U.S.WINGS LEGEND being worn. As promised in an earlier thread. I actually had a photographer shoot some (out of my pocket) just for you guys. Happy Holidays.

I found some pants that seemed the right color. FYI I am 5' 8", usually 179lbs. wearing a Todds shirt.
Indydawg

Re: WINGS Imported Lamb Legend Promised Pics

Post by Indydawg »

VERY nice looking, Ray!!! I know she'll provide YEARS of loyal service!

Regards!
Indydawg
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

I do like that leather :)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

My God that looks perfect!!!

I LOVE the fit of the outsourced size Large lambskin jackets. The ift is just TOO screen accurate,

now my question is, was ALL striated off shore jacket made with this inaccurate collarstand configuration or just this one? sarge? anybody? I've lost track...

If not I think I may have to go with an of shore since the fit is just to good to be true!

and the color!!!! WOW!!
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Indiana Holt wrote:My God that looks perfect!!!

I LOVE the fit of the outsourced size Large lambskin jackets. The ift is just TOO screen accurate,

now my question is, was ALL striated off shore jacket made with this inaccurate collarstand configuration or just this one? sarge? anybody? I've lost track...

If not I think I may have to go with an of shore since the fit is just to good to be true!

and the color!!!! WOW!!
I wish I knew the answer to that. Another really cool bit...I just got my Adventurebilt Steve Delk fedora in the mail (eBay) just before I posted these. Merry Christmas to me :)
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Indiana Holt wrote:My God that looks perfect!!!

and the color!!!! WOW!!
I asked the question about the collar stand on the other thread about this jacket. I believe the answer was that this was Sarges prototype and he asked for the collar to be made like that. From that I'd inferred that any others made would be the more SA pattern.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Great! thanx!
gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

Dang that's a nice jacket!!!

Seeing this isn't making the wait for the US version any easier.

Thanks for sharing.
Digger4Glory
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Digger4Glory »

Wow! very nice and that is a large correct? :TOH:
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Digger4Glory wrote:Wow! very nice and that is a large correct? :TOH:
Yes, Large.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Very, very nice! When did you order it?
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

PSBIndy wrote:Very, very nice! When did you order it?
October 2010. It's a little over a week old.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

RayROnline wrote:
PSBIndy wrote:Very, very nice! When did you order it?
October 2010. It's a little over a week old.
Lucky you. Congrats!

(I have to wait 'til mid-January for mine.....thanks, Sarge ;) )
hoose55
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by hoose55 »

That's a great looking jacket! Enjoy it, and thanks for springing for the photographer, that makes all the difference in the world.
J-
Dr. Evil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Dr. Evil »

About the collar stand, Holt are you referring to how it meets the seem where the zipper is on the right side? My import Legend Cowhide is like that. I think they are all like that.

That lamb is awesome. I was going to get a US made one, but changed my mind about three or four days ago. I want an A2 instead, but now I'm thinking about just sending that A2 back and gettting on of those SL imports some day. Amazing. It looks really think. How is it? Is it light, thin, heavy and thick, what?
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Beautiful Jacket. Looks real good on you. I`m still on the fence as I can not get over the small opening of the side-vents. I know it is based on someone`s original pattern and so I guess my only thorn is when Indy climbs up the hill to the temple entrance and his jacket rides up and it is very evident that the side vent is very high. Is this when he is still wearing someones original pattern jacket or is this when the switches occurred? I guess I need to find out when that was filmed as opposed to the we last see the original pattern, huh?
Either way, USwings still knocked one out of the park.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

PSBIndy wrote:
RayROnline wrote:(I have to wait 'til mid-January for mine.....thanks, Sarge ;) )
So, you're not jumping on the one of the striated lambskin's coming in tomorrow, as announced in the same thread as the January announcement? :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards! Michaelson
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Ray,

can I ask you how long the sleeves are and how long the back is (from bottom collarstand)

My guess is, 25.5'' sleeve and 25.5'' back.

Like I said befroe, I lost alittle track, but does sarge have these import jackets in stock now?
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

He'll have some in tomorrow after a last-ditch push, paying union overtime, and overnight shipping to get as many in hand of the US made to the Wings store in Ohio tomorrow....

I've no idea how many are going to be there, but there will be SOME US Made SL jackets tomorow...per what Michaelson said...

Call Wings with questions...

Regards!
Indydawg
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Michaelson wrote:
PSBIndy wrote:
RayROnline wrote:(I have to wait 'til mid-January for mine.....thanks, Sarge ;) )
So, you're not jumping on the one of the striated lambskin's coming in tomorrow, as announced in the same thread as the January announcement? :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards! Michaelson

Let's just say at this point, I'll believe it when I see it. (Myke told me mid-January at the earliest.....even though I prepaid back in early November :tdown: )
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Suit yourself. :TOH:

Posted by Myke at 2:41 p.m. this afternoon:
Sarge and I just had a meeting with the Union Stewart over the phone. We will pay double time if they will come back in tonight and work. We will also pay overnight shipping from the factory to here. We will be able to have some Striated Lamb here tomorrow, and can and will ship some of them tomorrow. If any member wants next day air , they can call in tomorrow and have theirs shipped out. (We are working on getting as many as possible here.)

Thank You,

Myke Redpath

General Manager
US WINGS, Inc
http://www.uswings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
info@uswings.com
myke@uswings.com
330-655-5050
330-653-3750 fax
If you're sticking with mid-January delivery information, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige you. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Digger4Glory
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Digger4Glory »

Michaelson wrote:Suit yourself. :TOH:

Sarge and I just had a meeting with the Union Stewart over the phone. We will pay double time if they will come back in tonight and work. We will also pay overnight shipping from the factory to here. We will be able to have some Striated Lamb here tomorrow, and can and will ship some of them tomorrow. If any member wants next day air , they can call in tomorrow and have theirs shipped out. (We are working on getting as many as possible here.)

Thank You,

Myke Redpath

General Manager
US WINGS, Inc
http://www.uswings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
info@uswings.com
myke@uswings.com
330-655-5050
330-653-3750 fax
If you're sticking with mid-January delivery information, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige you. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Just reading the above from Myke is huge! Being a Union man myself, things have to work the way they have to work. The fact that Sarge is okaying all this overtime, which is not cheap, coupled with the discounts granted to us is huge! In the last three weeks, I have bought several jackets from them. As busy as they are, when I spoke with Myke he never rushed me off the phone. This guys are a real crackerjack outfit!

They are putting out a high-end product.
Giving us a huge discount.
Answering countless e-mails and phone calls, each one treated as important.
Posting here, and doing there best to keep us up to date!
Bending over backwards to get these jackets out to us asap, which includes Union overtime!
Plus a list too long to mention, in running a business in this day and age.

and what do we have to do?............... just wait #-o

wait, and it will be worth it.. :D

All Food for thought folks! I suggest we eat it! :D

:H: and don't forget to wash that food down with some good stuff! :H:
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

May I recommend a fine single barrel bourbon? Hudson makes a very nice one...about 50USD for 375ml...?.... ;)

It's nice to get that perpective, DFG.
IndyBrit
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyBrit »

This is depressing.. on the "list" as of Aug 4, e-mails and phone call to check size.. then gone. What a jacket! Guess I will have to wait for one to come up on the bazzat :(
Digger4Glory
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Digger4Glory »

Indydawg wrote:May I recommend a fine single barrel bourbon? Hudson makes a very nice one...about 50USD for 375ml...?.... ;)

It's nice to get that perpective, DFG.
now your talking Dawg! :H:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Almost feels like I'm going Off-Topic to say this, but THANKS RayROnline for these great pictures...
That's a wonderful looking jacket... I'm really very happy for you!
Looks GREAT on you, too!
:TOH:
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Michaelson wrote:Suit yourself. :TOH:

Thank You,

Myke Redpath

General Manager
US WINGS, Inc
http://www.uswings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
info@uswings.com
myke@uswings.com
330-655-5050
330-653-3750 fax

Regards! Michaelson

What, you think I want to wait 'til mid-January? This is what Myke told me! I asked him yesterday if mine was one of the few that could be sent out early and he said no. Like I said, I won't believe anything coming out of US Wings anymore until I actually receive a shipping confirmation.
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

RayR,

Congratulations! That jacket looks great. :tup: But I have to add that you remind me of Benjamin Linus / Michael Emerson of LOST [sans the crazy eyes].

I spoke with Myke this morning [VERY nice guy]. They did receive the SL jackets that were just made. So I am paying to having mine sent to me overnight. It will arrive tomorrow.

In case you are wondering, I placed my initial order 07/20/10 and spoke with Myke about my order about 3 weeks ago. I was never on the list for the Offshore made Jackets, only the USA Made. Don't know if this helps.

Cheers,
G-MANN
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

G-MANN wrote:RayR,

Congratulations! That jacket looks great. :tup: But I have to add that you remind me of Benjamin Linus / Michael Emerson of LOST [sans the crazy eyes].

I spoke with Myke this morning [VERY nice guy]. They did receive the SL jackets that were just made. So I am paying to having mine sent to me overnight. It will arrive tomorrow.

In case you are wondering, I placed my initial order 07/20/10 and spoke with Myke about my order about 3 weeks ago. I was never on the list for the Offshore made Jackets, only the USA Made. Don't know if this helps.

Cheers,
G-MANN
You were probably one of the first guys who preordered the US-made jacket which is why you're getting one now. I called Myke late yesterday and also spoke to his secretary today who said that they didn't receive any SL jackets and have to wait 'til mid-January at the earliest.
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

PSB,

I was in on this early but I think part of it, at this point is I am willing and able to shell out the overnight fee. Plain and simple. I do really hope you get your jacket soon, as well as all the others on the wait list.

And I have no special connection to Wings or anyone other than my WiFi. :lol:

Cheers,
G-MANN
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

G-MANN wrote:PSB,

I was in on this early but I think part of it, at this point is I am willing and able to shell out the overnight fee. Plain and simple. I do really hope you get your jacket soon, as well as all the others on the wait list.

And I have no special connection to Wings or anyone other than my WiFi. :lol:

Cheers,
G-MANN
Well, when I called US Wings today, I told them that I was willing to pay overnight right now if they had my jacket ready. But they said they were not going to be available until mid-January.

I find it funny and (misleading) that when you go to their website now and look up striated lamb, it says the US-made jackets are available now.

I don't think they should have charged my credit card for the full amount several weeks ago until my jacket was actually ready to ship.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Thanks for the awsome pic's, I've a medium on order and can't wait now. ;)

One question, I know that the US made SL lamb is to ship in mid January, but what of the Imported? I've been at work and this is the first I heard about overnite shipping, I may call Wings tommorrow and see if this is available for the import. So does anyone know the eta of the import.

Once again, awsome pics, thanks.

Croft :mrgreen:
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Indiana Croft wrote:Thanks for the awsome pic's, I've a medium on order and can't wait now. ;)

One question, I know that the US made SL lamb is to ship in mid January, but what of the Imported? I've been at work and this is the first I heard about overnite shipping, I may call Wings tommorrow and see if this is available for the import. So does anyone know the eta of the import.

Once again, awsome pics, thanks.

From what US Wings told me today, imports as well as US-made SL's are expected mid-January at the earliest........but given the history of these jackets, I don't think even they know for sure. :roll:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Thanks, curious thats all. Was expecting it some time end of Dec, but mid January works too. Heck if we can wait 6 months for a Penman and 1 yr. for a AB, couple ah weeks is a cake walk. :lol:

Happy Christmas everyone. O:)

Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indiana Croft wrote:Thanks, curious thats all. Was expecting it some time end of Dec, but mid January works too. Heck if we can wait 6 months for a Penman and 1 yr. for a AB, couple ah weeks is a cake walk. :lol:

Well I hope all the Fans read this!!Yes the Import Legend Striated Lamb came in today and went out today to thos Fans that did not change their Minds.. Regs. and Longs. Will we still Honor the old Give away price... Yes!!Our site states $ 395.00 plus $ 20.00 extra for Longs... Disreguard that price.. COW members only.. $ 295.00 plus Shipping.. this deal is good until 31 Jan. Monday 2011 You must e-mail me at info@uswings.com and I will give you the code number!!

Sarge
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

So, as of Feb 1st 2011 any jackets ordered over at US Wings including the US and Import SL Lamb Legend jackets are regular price regardless of being a member of Cow? Just wanted to make sure I had that straight because IF I'm able to order a jacket it won't be until after the beginning of Feb. :?
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

I wonder if the imports are in the same leather as the US made or is the leather thinner. Anyone know?

Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Pitfall Harry wrote:So, as of Feb 1st 2011 any jackets ordered over at US Wings including the US and Import SL Lamb Legend jackets are regular price regardless of being a member of Cow? Just wanted to make sure I had that straight because IF I'm able to order a jacket it won't be until after the beginning of Feb. :?
Yes... Due to the new price of Leather.. Cotton.. Silk and Zippers and labor US Wings Inc. must have a price increase along with making other changes in the way we do business! I just had the best sale ever for all Indy Fans worldwide! We offered our Indy Goatskin Union Made here in the USA by Roz Schott for under $ 200.00 no matter what size.. That was not only the best price in the world but way under cost.. Ask any Vendor!!FYI.. For the past year I have been posting that all Leather jackets were going up...I also think US Wings for over 10 years have given major discounts to COW in order to help the hobby and we will always give the best price and service possible.
FYI.. due to the fact our Import Jackets are not Union made like our USA Jackets they will be priced $ 100.00 less.. Every leather jacket made in the USA has always been made by My Two Partners.. Roz Schott and Neil Cooper.... Neil Cooper retired seven years ago and Roz is my only Business Partner here in the USA and She is 100 % Union and the name of the Union is Unite! US Wings Inc. is a US Military Vendor and DLA along with NEX.

Sarge
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Sgt wrote: Well I hope all the Fans read this!!Yes the Import Legend Striated Lamb came in today and went out today to thos Fans that did not change their Minds.. Regs. and Longs. Will we still Honor the old Give away price... Yes!!Our site states $ 395.00 plus $ 20.00 extra for Longs... Disreguard that price.. COW members only.. $ 295.00 plus Shipping.. this deal is good until 31 Jan. Monday 2011 You must e-mail me at info@uswings.com and I will give you the code number!!

Sarge
I thought the original "Give-Away" price for those members who were on the original list was $195 with the discount ($295 original retail minus $100 COW member discount). :-k
Last edited by RaidersBash on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Indiana Croft wrote:Thanks, curious thats all. Was expecting it some time end of Dec, but mid January works too. Heck if we can wait 6 months for a Penman and 1 yr. for a AB, couple ah weeks is a cake walk. :lol:

Croft,

Please remember, that Steve and I make our product by truly handmade and custom made for the customer. You really cant compare the two.I know you didn't mean this in a negative way but people could take it that way.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

he is just telling us how things work with you and Steve right? you have a big customer list meaning you and Steve are both very popular Hat vendors...and in my mind that is a really good thing right? hmm? I'm actually having a little difficulty seeing how this can be read in a wrong way.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Indiana Holt wrote:he is just telling us how things work with you and Steve right? you have a big customer list meaning you and Steve are both very popular Hat vendors...and in my mind that is a really good thing right? hmm? I'm actually having a little difficulty seeing how this can be read in a wrong way.

I know he didn't mean it in a negative way thats why I stated in my post. New people not knowing the handmade/custom nature of our biz. May not understand. I understand because I know that some will wait for a handmade/custom product but they understand what it is. People could assume all kinds of stuff with a blanket statement. If you didn't know the nature of the animal you might be turned off by the wait time stated in his statement. You could assume that the stated 6 months was what one was waiting for and was told a different time frame. My current wait time is five months. Steve's current wait time isn't a year. Just a couple of months. Just wanted to make sure everyone new looking in understood and had clarity. That's all.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

I'm truley sorry, I in no way meant this in any way as a negative. I was only stating that if you want some thing hand made you have to be patient (which I some times lack :oops: ) I was just try to say that if we can wait for a hand made hat by John and Steve, which we are well aware of the lead times going in, that when some one says another month for a hand made leather jacket, that should be no problemo.

John and Steve are two of the most honest people to deal with. I meant no foul, nor would I ever.

Croft :oops:
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Indiana Croft wrote:I'm truley sorry, I in no way meant this in any way as a negative. I was only stating that if you want some thing hand made you have to be patient (which I some times lack :oops: ) I was just try to say that if we can wait for a hand made hat by John and Steve, which we are well aware of the lead times going in, that when some one says another month for a hand made leather jacket, that should be no problemo.

John and Steve are two of the most honest people to deal with. I meant no foul, nor would I ever.

Croft :oops:

I'm sorry IC. I know you didn't mean it as being negative. Just wanted to make sure the newbies understood there is a difference in a handmade/custom item and a item like a leather jacket fro USWings. Apples and oranges, so to speak. Just trying to add and be clear. Some of the information was a little off as well.

I have been reel good on keeping my estimated times now. Over a year I would say.

I think we kicked this horse long enough. Let's move this on to on topic. I never wanted to derail this thread.

Again, IC. I'm sorry if I showed you any disrespect. Not what I was trying to do. Just trying to be clear for information sake.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

None taken, my friend.

Take good care, and one day you'll hear from regarding another hat/

Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

I'm kinda having trouble seeing what the real difference is between the imported SL Lamb and the US mad SL Lamb. Is there any from a owner standpoint? I mean has anyone had both versions side by side to compare and contrast? Is the cut slightly less form fitting or something? The reason I'm asking is all due to going back and forth on how much I want to spend. I look at the shots posted at the top and see a good looking Indy jacket. :tup: