Aldo Jeremyah

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana Greg
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Aldo Jeremyah

Post by Indiana Greg »

Just pulled the trigger on these when Todd told me his remaining stock was w/o my size. Image

Even at 50% off (the idiotic $300) retail, free shipping & 10% off the $150, I feel as though I am taking a gamble. I'll let ya'll know... they sure do LOOK sweet tho'.
Last edited by Indiana Greg on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaptisteTheFool
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Aldo Jeremyah

Post by BaptisteTheFool »

Heh-- I had never heard of these before, but they really have the look down. $150 seems like a reasonable gamble if only I could afford to gamble.

Todd's boots haven't held up for me too well...
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

I ordered myself a pair on Thursday, so they should be here early next week I figure. $134 was the final price.

As a side note, my Todd's boots have lasted pretty darn well. Going on 2 years and I've put new heels on them once (but they're due again) and half soles once...

I'll do a comparison once these Aldo's (kinda like Alden's) show up. :TOH:
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Those look great! Just need some new shoe laces and you're set for shoes! :tup:

On a side note about the Todd's boots, I talked to the lady at the Todd's booth yesterday and she said that they will be going with a new boot maker shortly. She said they were working on improving the shoes overall, and they will have real welted goodyear sole like Aldens \:D/
BaptisteTheFool
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

kwad wrote:Those look great! Just need some new shoe laces and you're set for shoes! :tup:

On a side note about the Todd's boots, I talked to the lady at the Todd's booth yesterday and she said that they will be going with a new boot maker shortly. She said they were working on improving the shoes overall, and they will have real welted goodyear sole like Aldens \:D/

####! So then maybe I'll get another pair of those in the future. It's the soles that went to #### for me. I should post some pictures sometime. Absolutely cracked.

I do want to say that Todd was great about handling the defect. No slight on his service there. But it should be noted that the current boots aren't the most well-made boots available. They look great and they are comfortable, but they aren't durable.
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

kwad wrote:Those look great! Just need some new shoe laces and you're set for shoes! :tup:

That's great news! If I don't get Aldens I might get a pair of them. :)
Indiana Greg
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Greg »

Got mine today... first impressions are favorable. I wore 'em all afternoon today after switching the laces & putting a cushy ("are ya' jellin'?) insole in. Comfortable and quicker break-in than my Red Wings... dunno if that's good or not. I'll post pix as able, but I'll say this; Alden should sue these jokers for ....something, these are really spot-on replicas. 95% anyway, IMO.
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

Where can one pick up a pair at such a good price?
BaptisteTheFool
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Indiana Greg wrote:Got mine today... first impressions are favorable. I wore 'em all afternoon today after switching the laces & putting a cushy ("are ya' jellin'?) insole in. Comfortable and quicker break-in than my Red Wings... dunno if that's good or not. I'll post pix as able, but I'll say this; Alden should sue these jokers for ....something, these are really spot-on replicas. 95% anyway, IMO.

How? You can't copyright a clothing style, if I remember my media law correctly. It's not like they've branded these "Alden" or "Aldan" or are in anyway trying to deceive.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

those look sweet.

never heard of these before.

might pick a pair up.
Indiana Greg
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Greg »

Bruce Wayne wrote:Where can one pick up a pair at such a good price?

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/boots/c ... eremyah/28
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

BaptisteTheFool wrote:
Indiana Greg wrote:Got mine today... first impressions are favorable. I wore 'em all afternoon today after switching the laces & putting a cushy ("are ya' jellin'?) insole in. Comfortable and quicker break-in than my Red Wings... dunno if that's good or not. I'll post pix as able, but I'll say this; Alden should sue these jokers for ....something, these are really spot-on replicas. 95% anyway, IMO.

How? You can't copyright a clothing style, if I remember my media law correctly. It's not like they've branded these "Alden" or "Aldan" or are in anyway trying to deceive.

What's more, if that were the case, don't you think they'd go after Todd's for the same reason, as those ARE intended to be replicas?
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Indiana Greg wrote:Got mine today... first impressions are favorable. I wore 'em all afternoon today after switching the laces & putting a cushy ("are ya' jellin'?) insole in. Comfortable and quicker break-in than my Red Wings... dunno if that's good or not. I'll post pix as able...
Mine will be here on the 22nd.

Can't wait to see the photos. Good news (I think :-k ) about how they're breaking in for you. Do they seem to be well made?
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Indiana Greg wrote:
Bruce Wayne wrote:Where can one pick up a pair at such a good price?

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/boots/c ... eremyah/28
make sure you sign up for the email newsletter to get an extra 10% off the sale price.
Indiana Greg
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Greg »

RaidersBash wrote:
Indiana Greg wrote:Got mine today... first impressions are favorable. I wore 'em all afternoon today after switching the laces & putting a cushy ("are ya' jellin'?) insole in. Comfortable and quicker break-in than my Red Wings... dunno if that's good or not. I'll post pix as able...
Mine will be here on the 22nd.

Can't wait to see the photos. Good news (I think :-k ) about how they're breaking in for you. Do they seem to be well made?
1st full day of wearing them hither & yon. Holding up well, comfy, do seem to be well made. Better than comparable $$$ Red Wings from LL Bean? No, likely not, so far so good tho'. And at one third the price of Aldens, for a dead ringer, I'll take it!
Indiana Dymond
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Dymond »

I'd love to get a pair but they are only available through Aldo/US :(

I e-mailed Aldo/UK they didn't know if or when they would stock them and advised me to keep checking there website as they have more stock coming in in the next few weeks.

So its fingers crossed!!
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

MINE ARRIVED TODAY!!!! :rolling: \:D/

These boots are GORGEOUS!!! Thick leather, great soles (rubber with small ribbed tread) and solid construction...and the best, LEATHER LINED insides!!! Very soft lining, almost like deer hide and stamped Made In Italy.

THey run a little large (about 1 full size?) but that's just room for a comfy insole I suppose.

The soles are SOLID...and by solid I mean feels a little like walking on concrete. ](*,) That will probably change when I break them in and place in the squishier insoles.

The shoes are HEAVY. Heavy like my Todds. The leather used is SUPER nice, and they rise a fair amount above the ankle...quite a bit higher than my Todds.

Overall I'm exstatic at the quality and price.

The only negative I can find is that the left shoe's toe stitching is a little off on the angle, going a little counter to the curvature of the actual toe. Barely noticable, but there.