Dig Leader
Dig Leader

crusade jacket pic

Post by Mattdeckard »

Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

That's a neat pic! where do you suppose that was taken?

Regards,

Farn
Mattdeckard
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mattdeckard »

The pic was shot while doing the scenes outside the temple in Last Crusade.
Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

Curious as to the reason for the Flyboys in behind him--I'm pretty sure (as in positive) the temple scene was shot on a sound stage but I don't know where. Those look like American air force, from what I can see...

But dang, thats one LUCKY kid! He got to meet Indy! Fresh off of an adventure!

Anywho, this is supposed to be about the jacket, and with that, I say Nice shot of the shoulder distressing!

Regards,

Farn
Mattdeckard
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mattdeckard »

I think they are King Hussein of Jordan's guards.

The exterior shots were shot at the actual temple.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I was about to say, those sure look like Jordanian uniforms, since those exterior scenes were shot there. Another tip is the makeup on Ford's face from the supposed tank tread injuries. Considering in Spielbergs interview on the extras DVD, he stated that the Queen of Jordan gave them rides to and from the shoot locations, I'm willing to bet that youngster is one of the Royal entourage. Regards. Michaelson
Flash Gordon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Flash Gordon »

Notice the action pleat is completely open.

Here's a question for you:

If you were in the position of the kid, meeting Indy on the set, what would you say to him?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Hummm...young Jordanian kid....how about 'who ARE you?' (grins) Regards. Michaelson
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

Can someone fill me in....i still dont know what action pleats are :lol:
molorom
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

That's one of the pics I used to distress my jacket back.
Flash Gordon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Flash Gordon »

Just as a matter of personal opinion, the jacket in "The Last Crusade" was my least-favorite and here's why:

It seemed they were a little heavy-handed with the distressing on the seams. ALL the seams were sanded. The effect is that the seams are outlined in a lighter color, giving it the look of piping, or like they were drawn on.

Not so with the other two films.

Just one guy's opinion.
Corbin
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Corbin »

That is a really cool pic. My brother has a St John's Bay leather jacket which has distressed naturally, over the course of a year, in a very similar manner. The seams of his jacket are all outlined just like the Crusade Jacket and the collar has worn all the dark brown color off. Seeing this pic brought a smile to my face in more ways than one. :)
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

I wish my jacket when distressed had that reddish tint to it....Thanks for the sharing!

I J
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Michaelson wrote:I was about to say, those sure look like Jordanian uniforms, since those exterior scenes were shot there. Another tip is the makeup on Ford's face from the supposed tank tread injuries. Considering in Spielbergs interview on the extras DVD, he stated that the Queen of Jordan gave them rides to and from the shoot locations, I'm willing to bet that youngster is one of the Royal entourage. Regards. Michaelson
Michaelson,

You are correct as usual - This picture is in front of the Temple in Jordan and that is in deed one of the late King Hussains(sp?) children. In fact, there is another picture that I have seen that shows Ford, Connery, Lucas, Spielberg and The Queen of Jordan and her Children all together. I'll bet someone will come up with that picture.

Mike
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

....and I only knew that for sure because I had just watched the DVD special the night before this question was posted! How's THAT for timely? (grins) Regards. Michaelson