My random accessories

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

MaXer
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

My random accessories

Post by MaXer »

Well, so much for making thread names that explain what you're about to see. :D

This is just to show my impulse purchases and random acquisitions.

WEB BELT from Todd's.
One solid brass, one gold colored. I defy you to tell them apart! ;D I found one place (not counting the "solid brass" edging on the back) where it can be seen that they're different. Other than that small detail, they're EXACTLY the same. Weird. Guess the "gold" color is actually brass. Which is great! :D I'll compare with my Wade Egan belt when I get it.

GLOVES from Todd's.
I think sizes run a bit small on these. I'm usually a medium in gloves, but I should've gotten a large in this case. Regarding quality, I don't think they look like you can use them too roughly. The seams seem weak, compared to other leather gloves I have, and something was ripped a little bit under neath the thumb. I'll write Todd about it, it's probably just a mistake in the specific glove.

STAFF OF RA HEADPIECE from Todd's.
Looks great, and really good weight to it! When you hold it and look at it, it is obvious that it's "fake", ie. it looks kinda mass produced. But that's only something nitpickers like me notice, I think.

TEMPLE BAG from Todd's.
Size of the bag seems spot on. It's VERY ligth colored out of the box; white. Here's what I've done to mine so far:

1: Soaked it in a strong coffee.
2: After a while, I decided to add some food color. It had an added effect, and I found out it could be used to create stains on the bag. :D
3: Drained the coffee and covered the bag in topsoil.
4: Rubbed the soil in like crazy, while it was still wet!
5: Beat exes dirt off the bag

And there you go! The coffee gave a great base color, and the dirt added the look that I wanted. Here's the result.

It's still a little wet, as it lies there, so it might change color a little. I think it has a great basic look, but I might add patches of darker color, or distress it in some sand and dirt. I'm worried about rinsing it out, though... I don't want it to loose it's color.

HAT RIBBON from Todd's.
Compared to the ribbon on The Henry, which I believe is as accurate as can get, unless Adventurebilt saves the 100% correct for the Deluxes, Todd's ribbons are spot on. Impossible to tell the difference just by looking at it. Below is a pic next to the Henry ribbon. It's good!

LC BLACK TIE from Magnoli
Great quality! Didn't actually mean to purchase it, but when offered as compensation for some hickups with the pants, who am I to say no? :)

darthinvictus
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: My random accessories

Post by darthinvictus »

nice swag!
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Todds ribbon is petersham and not hat ribbon. The Henry is in fact the same ribbon used on the ABs and Penman. The SA Indy grosgrain ( hat ribbon) ribbon is made like vintage ribbon. Pure rayon, spun the sa,e as vintage ribbon and has less content like vintage ribbon. No one makes ribbon like this in the world. Ther is more than just the color to consider. Look at the edge of the ribbon for one.
MaXer
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by MaXer »

Well, I kinda figured there had to be some difference between the ribbons. Or whatever they're called. :D
Todd advertises it as "ribbon". What's the difference?
Thanks for enlightening me, though. And don't worry, I'd never use it on my Henry! I bought it for my licensed fedora and my flea market look-alike.
beaverlid
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by beaverlid »

I like the way the temple sandbag turned out. Good job on that my friend. :TOH:

Beaverlid
MaXer
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by MaXer »

_, a dynamic bend, I'll have to look for that. :lol:

Thanks beaverlid!
MaXer
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by MaXer »

:cry:
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Don't feel bad, I've got Petersham on my old Borsalino and have had it on there for YEARS and it looks fine, in my opinion. :P

Kind regards,
Magnoli