Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: U.S. Wings Antique Cowhide 'Hero Jacket'

Post by John Vaughan »

:-s Free shipping?

Just went to the site.
Never mind, ordered mine before July, so it's all good.
:TOH:
John
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Gift card and free shipping?? Man I should have waited! :)

That's ok, I'm still thrilled with mine!
Bemo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bemo »

Gift card?! I better go check the box again. Heck I may buy another jacket just to have a spare! This is a great jacket.

Thanks Sarge and condolences to you and yours.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Sarge, let me add my condolences for your family's loss. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

John Vaughan wrote::-s Free shipping?

Just went to the site.
Never mind, ordered mine before July, so it's all good.
:TOH:
John
Yep, it's directly on their site:
Free Shipping* for all Indy-style Jackets!
[*USA addresses only; 50% discount for international orders]
HOT ITEM! During the month of July, we're offering free standard shipping for any US Wings Indy-style Jacket to all USA addresses; International customers will receive a 50% discount on shipping for any Indy-style jacket. If you order an Indy-style jacket through our online shopping cart, the shopping cart may add a shipping fee to your Indy jacket order. However, this shipping fee will be removed by our staff prior to charging (for International customers, our staff will deduct 50% of your shipping fee from your Indy jacket order). Free shipping offer only applies to standard delivery; free shipping does not apply to Next Day Air or Second Day Air delivery.
That's still a good deal!
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

real good :tup:

price ya pay for wantin' something :TOH:

John
Last edited by John Vaughan on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

John Vaughan wrote:real good :tup:

price ya pay for wantin' something :TOH:

John
Yes and just think shipping is Free for all the Month of July for our New Indy Hero New Zealand lightweight.. for a size Med. the weight is only 2.25 Lbs.... What better way to say thank you to all the Fans.

Sarge
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

I, for one, cannot WAIT to get that lightweight New Zealand lamb in my hands!!!!

Full review and pics will but forthcoming after its arrival!

High Regards for ALL of what you do for the community, Sarge....and, like others, my condolences to the family.

Indydawg
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indydawg wrote:I, for one, cannot WAIT to get that lightweight New Zealand lamb in my hands!!!!

High Regards for ALL of what you do for the community, Sarge....and, like others, my condolences to the family.

Indydawg
Thank You Sir!!
BTW we will also offer them without snaps and longs at no extra charge..

Sarge
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

after wearing this baby all day in the house, I have to say this.

I feel like going on real adventure with this jacket cause I know she can take it!!! D

its weird, this jacket is cut like it is made for me and is only an of the rack. dang, why is my camera not working when I need it the most.

Thanx again Mr.David Hack. and thanx for all the other items that came along with. I saw the dvd's and tomorrow I will read the book :D
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Sgt. wrote:
Indydawg wrote:I, for one, cannot WAIT to get that lightweight New Zealand lamb in my hands!!!!

Indydawg
Thank You Sir!!

Sarge
Sarge when do you think you will have the snapless jackets and longs available to order?
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Indiana Holt wrote:this jacket is cut like it is made for me and is only an of the rack. dang, why is my camera not working when I need it the most.
:shock:
Oh NO!
I was just about to ask how soon we can see some photos, Holt!

Dang!
](*,)
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indiana Holt wrote:after wearing this baby all day in the house, I have to say this.

I feel like going on real adventure with this jacket cause I know she can take it!!! D

its weird, this jacket is cut like it is made for me and is only an of the rack. dang, why is my camera not working when I need it the most.

Thanx again Mr.David Hack. and thanx for all the other items that came along with. I saw the dvd's and tomorrow I will read the book :D
Outstanding Indiana Holt!!
Our DVD was made for the Fans also to show them who we are and what we are.. Doing business on the internet you never know for sure who you are doing busness with! There is an old saying about online business.. Not everyone online are Bandits but all the Bandits are online! If you look on my main page www.uswings.com I am a active member of the Ohio Chiefs of Police and I know first hand.. If a Company is not a member of D and B stay clear. Did you know that if a person is not a member of D and B they can not do business with the US Military.... there is a reason for that!!
Now for the book!.. My Wife has a screenplay about my life but won't release it until after I kick the bucket.

Sarge
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

scot2525 wrote:
Sgt. wrote:

Indydawg
Thank You Sir!!

Sarge
Sarge when do you think you will have the snapless jackets and longs available to order?
Oh I would say in about three weeks!!
At last we sent out all our standing orders today via UPS for the Lightweight Hero Indy...Lamb.. and what a Jacket.. if you take a size Med. the weight for this jacket is only 2.25 Lbs where our Goatskin is 4.35
I went out for my walk tonight and the Jacket was just what I needed.. I also sent one to our web master next day air in CA for an up date picture.. Honestly the Jacket is awsome.
Sarge
PS This is what we call a sleeper!!
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Sgt. wrote:
My Wife has a screenplay about my life but won't release it until after I kick the bucket.

Sarge
Who does she have in mind to cast the part of you, Sarge? :lol:
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

binkmeisterRick wrote:
Sgt. wrote:
My Wife has a screenplay about my life but won't release it until after I kick the bucket.

Sarge
Who does she have in mind to cast the part of you, Sarge? :lol:
Brad Pitt.
Sarge
PS His Wife and Her Son wears our A-2 Jacket... As seen on Ellen Degeneres TV show.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

I hate UPS........

They have my jacket but don't deliver when I'm home. So.....I have to drive down to the nearest UPS center to pick it up. So...won't be able to get it till hopefully Monday.

Well, off to the beach to drink rum!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

backstagejack wrote:I hate UPS........

They have my jacket but don't deliver when I'm home. So.....I have to drive down to the nearest UPS center to pick it up. So...won't be able to get it till hopefully Monday.

You have to tell us that you want to wave Sig. I hate UPS just as much as you because I have to pay extra each time I send out a Leather Jacket!! Now for te rest of the story.. 99.9% of our customers want the shipment sign for.. Reason they know what is inside the box.. think about what I just said.... But with that said just let us know when you are placeing the order and we will gladly wave the Sig.
Sarge
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Sgt. wrote:
binkmeisterRick wrote: Who does she have in mind to cast the part of you, Sarge? :lol:
Brad Pitt.
Sarge
:lol:
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Sgt. wrote:

You have to tell us that you want to wave Sig. I hate UPS just as much as you because I have to pay extra each time I send out a Leather Jacket!! Now for te rest of the story.. 99.9% of our customers want the shipment sign for.. Reason they know what is inside the box.. think about what I just said.... But with that said just let us know when you are placeing the order and we will gladly wave the Sig.
Sarge

It's okay. I usually do ask for the sig to be waved. I just wasn't paying attention when I ordered and didn't realize it was coming UPS. If it comes USPS I don't mind cuz I have a post office. My nearest UPS center is 45 minutes away.....
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

backstagejack wrote:
Sgt. wrote:

Sarge
How about calling Myke Monday and see if he can have UPS drop it off with out a Sig. This is not over the top but some of our customers are with the Government and for reasons also want any and all shipments in a box sign for.. Been that way ever since I went into business.
Sarge
PS Crazy World!!
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Sgt. wrote: How about calling Myke Monday and see if he can have UPS drop it off with out a Sig. This is not over the top but some of our customers are with the Government and for reasons also want any and all shipments in a box sign for.. Been that way ever since I went into business.
Sarge
PS Crazy World!!
Thanks for the offer, but I think its too late. UPS already tried to deliver three times and now I have to pick it up at the center...which I was going to do Monday on my way back from the beach...but now I can't cuz they're closed tomorrow for the 4th.......*sigh* so I'll just pick it up Tuesday, thanks though!
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Well after trials and tribulations with UPS. I finally have the jacket. And I have to say. What a Jacket!!! This thing is beautiful. The color, everything!! I can only see this jacket looking better with wear and tear and lasting for years!!

This may be the last Indy jacket I ever buy!

Ironically though, unlike everyone else....I think I need a size up. The sleeves ride up almost two inches when I raise my arms, say to shake someone's hand. and when I move my arms and cross them it gets fairly tight in the back, etc. Hopefully, a size up can fix this....I just hope the rest of the jacket doesn't look huge on me!!!

So I'll get it exchanged but, such a small problem for such a great jacket in return!!
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

backstagejack can you post photos of you wearing it?

People often try to judge fit by crossing their arms in front in a manner that is 'extreme'. This is not a normal method for judging fit, and it's an unnatural action.
How does the back feel in a normal pose with your hands at your side?

How long are the sleeves in a normal pose with your hands at your side?
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

RCSignals wrote:backstagejack can you post photos of you wearing it?

People often try to judge fit by crossing their arms in front in a manner that is 'extreme'. This is not a normal method for judging fit, and it's an unnatural action.
How does the back feel in a normal pose with your hands at your side?

How long are the sleeves in a normal pose with your hands at your side?
right now I can't get pics as my gf's camera is packed up with the rest of our gear to go camping. As soon as I can I can post some, but it probably won't be till we get back on Tuesday.....

With my hands straight down the cuff comes to my wrist bone. When I cross my arms I'm only doing so in the manner I would if I was standing somewhere talking to someone. It gets tight in the back and a little in the shoulders.

When I raise my arm in the manner of shaking hands or say, driving a car the sleeves ride up almost a full two inches. With my indy shirt on underneath, I raised my arm and the cuff was fully sticking out.

I have this problem with my Wested because when I bought it 10 years ago when I was 18 my arms were shorter. It fit fine then, but not now which is one of the reasons I've wanted another jacket. one of my problems I've always had is my arms are longer then someone my size so lots of shirts or jackets will fit perfect except in the sleeves.

I love the jacket and wonder if maybe I can just get the sleeves taken out....but I don't think that will fully fix the length. And with possible shrinkage with use and years, I'm doubly worried the sleeves will wind up really short on me.

i'm okay with the jacket being a little big on me if the sleeves are the right length....as long as it doesn't look like I'm wearing my dads jacket when I was 10!!
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

backstagejack even if you casually cross your arms a jacket will naturally tighten some across the back, question is how much it does it.
If your jacket is a large you may be in luck as Sarge is having some Large Regulars made with longer sleeves.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

RCSignals wrote:backstagejack even if you casually cross your arms a jacket will naturally tighten some across the back, question is how much it does it.
If your jacket is a large you may be in luck as Sarge is having some Large Regulars made with longer sleeves.
Actually I ordered a medium and myke at US Wings felt that due to all the size issues that a small might fit me better. So I have a small right now.

I gotta run outta town for now, but I'll be able to post some pics, etc on Tuesday.
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

When my 'Small' arrived I hastily tried it on and decided to keep it. Now that the weather has turned (like flipping a switch this year from 'hot' to 'cool') I've worn it several times just sitting out on the porch with my afternoon Kuba Kuba and coffee. I have not been successful in losing any more weight (I guess you actually have to try) but as long as I don't zip it, everything's great. It's hard to understand how my son who is taller and thinner can wear my Wested so well when it was way big on me, but it looks like it was made for him. The Small works for me and I am really starting to like it. The 'naked' leather is going to scuff and wrinkle-up great just by wearing, and it solved all the problems I had with the Wested.
The answer to my fitting problem finally occurred to me - I'm about 5'-8" and 180 lbs, but am thick front to rear while being somewhat narrow across the chest. This made the Wested 42 hang off my shoulders and blouse out under the arms while the front hems were pulled up higher than the rear. Out of sheer luck, this particular Small took care of all those problems. Now if I could just shed 10 lbs I could get a little more overlap at the zipper/waistline.
Sarge really hit the jackpot with this new jacket, and I'm very grateful for the generous discount he gave to us at the beginning.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

On the Hero antique cow, did members have a choice if you wanted the snaps on the storm flap of not? Eric is on to something, I think. The hero antique cow looks more like a LC jacket. Widen the storm flap and you might be on your way...?
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Here's a bit of info on why this naked cowhide is such an awesome leather. This is part of an e-mail Sarge sent to me last night:

"Hello Travis,

.. They take the under part of Cow and lay the leather down on the ground and then take a chain and beat the leather with the chain and then hand rub high end oil into the leather and then put the leather in the sun for one week… yep seven days.. My Friend that is why the leather is old and aged.. I am the only person in the world that has this leather. This is not Antq. Leather But old and aged!!

Now you can repeat this!!

My friend not just any jacket!!

Sarge"

Pretty good stuff if you ask me!

Weston
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

Now I understand better why I'm mad about this kind of leather! It is GORGEOUS!
lc_fan
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by lc_fan »

Now they have changed the status of every Indy-Jacket to "SALE". Do they stop selling those kinds of jackets?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Probably trying to offer as many as they can before the price increase due in a month or so.

Regards! Michaelson