Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

vanida
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

problem with Wested

Post by vanida »

Hello,
I present myself, my name is pascal I have 40 years, father of three children, lives in Paris, France.
I am a fan of Indiana Jones.
here is my problem, I buy a jacket Wested.
Look at the quality of the seams. Wested refuses to repair.
I'm really disappointed.

Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Re: problem with Wested

Post by Band Director Jones »

I'm guessing that they figured since it was under the collar it wouldn't be seen and it would be alright. That is not right.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

you should not be the victim of someone having a bad day at work. you paid good money for something they clame to be ''quality'' this is not quality.

it should have been repaired before it leaved the house. Quality Control? ha!

when did you get the jacket?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

the machinist screwd up the firts time then he picked the sewing thread leaving holes, THEN he made a new stithc that looks to be done blindfolded. he screwed up. but didnt care because they will never see it again. or will they?

Holes in the collarstand is something I would be peeved about becasue even though it is hidden they still are holes and down the road with rain, sun, drying, cold weather, hot weather.etc.etc... the holes can get worse and may crack over time.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Looks like the cuffs on my 'Fedora' jacket from several years ago. They must have the same machinest working there. :roll: ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yep, it looks like that machinest did my jacket to 2 years ago aswell...
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Unacceptable. _'s right-get your credit card company involved or paypal, if that's how you paid. KT? You haven't seen this yet, have you?

Good grief! :roll:
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

I had a Wested ToD style like this a few years ago. The problem was in BOTH of the pocket. I actually didn't for months. It wasn't until I was considering artificially distressing and began to test out the acetone in an inconspicuous place (ie- the inside of the pocket) that I noticed it. By that time it was way to late to return it. I ended up trading it to anther member for a Wested Lambstouch (that was already artificially distressed). I did disclose the Wested screwup to that member, but they didn't care. Still, the point is that this seems to happen from time to time and either Wested doesn't check for this sort of stuff or it really doesn't matter to them.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

It is unsightly but seems cosmetic to me and it is in a normally hidden area.

I'm not sure why they would refuse a return on this, was it bought at a reduced price off the seconds rack?

If is in an unworn state and it was not sold as a sale item you have every right to send it back for a replacement, refund or repair.

I don't have any special email contact to Peter. Best thing to do is pick up the phone.

It's a second, it happens.
beaverlid
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by beaverlid »

Vanida,

Sorry to hear of your problems. That is a shame! I personally own 3 Wested jackets and have not had a problem with any. However, it will make me think twice about ordering a fourth if the customer service is unwilling to right a wrong. This could happen to any of us with any order. A customer should always be satisfied. I believe _ said it best when he asked Peter if he wanted his name on a defective jacket. When you lose the love of your craft it may be time to step out of the game.

Good luck Vanida

Beaverlid
vanida
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by vanida »

Dear Sir

Please can you tell me why you are unhappy with your order.

Cheers Gemma

I pay £ 235 with paypal. I send emails no replies wested.
for me it's hard to call I do not speak English.
I use google translator.
I just the following reply after more than anything.

paypal only concerned with the quality , I contact paypal.
Is a special order with horsehide.
wested to send my order very late
Last edited by vanida on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

vanida wrote:Dear Sir

Please can you tell me why you are unhappy with your order.

Cheers Gemma
They are asking what is wrong. Did you send them the photos? They have not refused to fix it in any way.
vanida
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by vanida »

yes I send the pictures ...
2 times with a message every time.
then the links of french fans club where I talk about my problem
but no answer

http://jones-jr.forumactif.com/la-veste ... d-t580.htm

I send emails and pictures to wested.
it was to make money fast.
the silence is now
Rick Deckard
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Rick Deckard »

Send them a link to this thread...Peter is a member. They ought to be able to read it.

That's shoddy workmanship...all the way. I will never do business with Wested again after my experience. Quite frankly, there jackets just aren't that nice. They can look the part, but I have serious reservations about the quality control at that place and the durability of the jackets. Just my opinion, of course. But of all the jacket makers, I've noticed that most of the quality issues seem to be with Wested.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Vanida-

Keep trying to contact them, keep emailing them those same pictures, keep trying to convey your problem...I don't see how Peter or Gemma (or anyone) could be blind enough not to see the problem.

Special order, horsehide...yeah, you need satisfaction on this. They need to take it back and re-do it until it's right.

Unacceptable.
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

Most unfortunate.

You are new here, I understand...but you'll soon realize that Wested is nortorious for very low quality control.

I hope you get your jacket taken care of. Keep us updated.

Oh, and welcome to COW.
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

Maybe someone here can help write a nice email for him to copy/paste explaining his issue to Gemma.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

That is an excellent idea...if you'll get me your contact information, I'll be glad to help you with it....
SpeedRcrX
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by SpeedRcrX »

Je peux te donner un coup de main pour rédiger tes mails, envoi moi un PM

I'm willing to help too.
tekors
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: from Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil but living in Beirut, Lebanon

Post by tekors »

That's really unacepptable what I saw in the pictures. But maybe there's some lack of understanding, they are not understanding what he wants, even after some 2 or 3 attempts.
I really had no problem with my Wested jacket. It's durable and good quality, no better or worse than other brands that produce the Indy jacket. I am completely satisfied with mine lambskin wested.

What I think is that from a certain amount of jackets produced.... they always screw up one or two. Plus, Wested really needs to improve their customer service centre. You know, they are slow in replying emails.

cheers
teko
beaverlid
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by beaverlid »

The last jacket I ordered was a last crusade washed goat. I noticed the order was pending for a while. I emailed gemma to inquire about the hold up, and got no reply. I emailed a second time and I was told they were out out the washed goat and it was on back order. Gemma told me I could pick any other leather I wanted at no extra charge because of the inconvenience. Wested may be slow to respond but I have found their customer service to be helpful. This took place two weeks ago. I think they will make this right.

Beaverlid
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

In reply to a message I have received
This is a man who tried to get a full refund from PayPal before contacting us with his problem. Unforntunately for him he was out of date.
I will help anyone who has a problem providing they contact me first and give me a chance to correct.
I rest my case
Peter
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

PETER wrote:In reply to a message I have received
This is a man who tried to get a full refund from PayPal before contacting us with his problem. Unforntunately for him he was out of date.
I will help anyone who has a problem providing they contact me first and give me a chance to correct.
I rest my case
Peter
Based on Wested's less than stellar record of good communication, I find it easier to believe that he did try and contact you, and most likely those attempts
were ignored or forgotten. Many of us have been there.... The language barrier wouldn't have helped either, I'm sure.
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

So it's the customers fault Peter? Regardless if he contacted you or not, you still put your name on that jacket which was poorly made. It was your wrong doing in the first place.
:roll:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Gotta love it when someone sells the gearhead community out... :roll: I wouldn't buy leather bootlaces from these clowns.

Travis
Garzo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Garzo »

Band Director Jones wrote:I'm guessing that they figured since it was under the collar it wouldn't be seen and it would be alright. That is not right.
And this time of year with the cold autumn wind blowing, I always wear the collar up on my US Wings, so I can definitely understand not wanting to show off wonky seams that look like they were sewn blindfolded ...
Arca Perdida
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Arca Perdida »

Wow, sounds like in addition to lack of QC there's also a lack of pride in workmanship here.
Not to mention customer service, but I don't know the details of who said what/when.
If it were me, regardless of how the customer handled the complaint, I'd be interested in making sure that product was not out there for anyone to see with my label on it. That's just bad PR.
vanida
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by vanida »

12 aoû 2010 Paiement à Wested Leather Co Terminé Détails
Paiement à Wested Leather Co 1X442561FA299680X -£195,00 GBP ( cash )!!!

13 aoû 2010 Paiement à Wested Leather Co Terminé Détails
Paiement à Wested Leather Co 9NF1204842631553B -£20,00 GBP (extra payment for horse)

16 aoû 2010 Paiement à Wested Leather Co Terminé Détails
Paiement à Wested Leather Co 3WT80507AT265030W -£20,00 GBP (extra payment for horse)? 2 time !!!

Mr peter
I never asked reimbursed to the jacket.
I send emails to tell you that the jacket is not good.
I send emails, pictures ...
you never answered.
you have the money!!!.
, I have a jacket. (Which was not made with love).
the working pig.
thanks to you Mr Peter
Last edited by vanida on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Wow, Wested just gets better and better. :shock: Glad I don't plan on ever buying from them again. The poor quality of the jacket's stitching and Peter's response only goes to show their "quality" of work. Does Peter not see that Pascal does not speak English and that there's a language barrier? :roll:
beaverlid
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by beaverlid »

Hollowpond wrote:Gotta love it when someone sells the gearhead community out... :roll:

Travis

To quote the New Yorker on the bridge in Spiderman - "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" [-X

Beaverlid
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Come on, Peter....this is just NOT good...

Back your product and your QC...and rectify when mistakes are made...

How is this not just good business?
:-k

Regards!
Indydawg
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

I know its not good, and of course had this over stitching under the collar been noticed at QC it would not have gone out.
Bearing in mind the size of the picture to the actual stitch it is not easily noticed when packing.
That said the man concerned first complaint to us was that he did not like the leather quality. Horsehide.
Did he return it. No. We heard no more. Since then he has tried to refund from PayPal and now has posted on Indygear.
He has not contacted us with regards to return or replacement. As for French that is not a problem language to me.
(Inappropriate baiting edited by Moderator) I make several thousand jackets a year posting worldwide and yet my return rate for faults or bad workmanship this year can be counted on one hand.
Cheers
Peter
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Okay, this thread has been cleaned out after going off the rails and getting ugly. We're putting it back for view, but it will remain locked.

vanida, you have options and suggestions as posted by folks above. We can open this thread back up at your request once your issue has been resolved (or otherwise). Feel free to contact a moderator or admin if you have any questions.