Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Getting a Wested, need some advise

Post by nihil »

Hi all :)

I'm getting my first Indy jacket (and yes, I'm not going to go crazy and get further jackets later on ;) ).
As I live in Europe and need a custom size, I've decided to go with Wested.
But their large selection of different jackets and special configurations have me at a loss, i simply can't figure out what I should get.
I want a SA jacket, but it doesn't matter from which of the movies.
I have been looking at the 'Custom Raiders' , but is it accurate?
Which type of leather, features, etc. should I be looking for? For example, is the inner pocket accurate?
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Getting a Wested, need some advise

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Welcome, nihil! I'd say you have a lot of work to do if you want answers to those questions. Start digging around by using the search features here and read some old threads until your eyes fall out.

My recommendation for a Wested (and this is just my preference, and what I would order if I were to get another) would be:
-ROLA custom pattern
-Dark brown lambskin
-No. 5 nickel zip
-Rectangular sliders with X-box stitching
-Underarm gussets

That is just going by what a custom Wested's standard options could be. Now if you want to get into making list of other requests, like pocket size, yoke seam placement, etc., that is just a whole other kettle of fish that is too complicated for me right now. Good luck and have fun!
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

I have to agree with Forrest, Forrest Gump. "Wested is like a box of chocolates".... :P

JUST kidding Forrest! ;)

No these are good specs he submitted and are the specs on my new one. Another feature that might help you would be to get a hidden snap at the bottom of the storm flap in order to keep the jacket closed.

There are also a few nuances that they might accept, and depending on your jacket size. For one, it is nice for the collar to end at the middle of the storm flap, which is a classic Raiders feature. You will need pockets at about 6 1/4" wide to 8" high. Reinforce the hand warmer pockets for strength. Cotton body/satin sleeves. One piped inside pocket on the left breast. No leather facings. Sleeve seam and yoke seam misaligned by 1". Sleeve and back length are important to the overall fit. Sleeve cuff should end at the first knuckle of the thumb. Back length from the bottom of the collar stand to the end of the jacket, and it is roughly waist (belt) length, or possibly 1-2" longer depending on preference.

Hide? Well, that's a personal choice, but the Raiders jacket was lamb. Wested has an assortment of skins, depending. I went with dark brown lamb to be different from what I had ordered in the past, with the new order and it really is a nice hide. The movie jacket looked almost black in some scenes. Many like the "authentic brown" lamb. Also worth consideration is soft goat, if you like a more durable hide. Novapelle is cowhide and a great skin, thicker than lamb, though it looks really good as a LC hide.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Texan Scott wrote:I have to agree with Forrest, Forrest Gump. "Wested is like a box of chocolates".... :P
Well, that sentiment could really sum up the collective Wested experience around here, unfortunately!

Anyway, I was refraining from going into all the specifics, such as pocket measurements, where the collar meets the collar stand, and so on, simply because I knew someone else would have the energy to do it, other than myself! ;)

I think all those details can be a bit overwhelming, and probably frustrate Peter, but who knows? As to the question of Authentic versus Dark brown, I guess it is a personal preference. I GREATLY prefer dark brown, but only because it looks much better on ME. It may be worth getting samples to compare, as pictures don't really help that much, IMO.

Cheers.
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Forrest For the Trees wrote:My recommendation for a Wested (and this is just my preference, and what I would order if I were to get another) would be:
-ROLA custom pattern
-Dark brown lambskin
-No. 5 nickel zip
-Rectangular sliders with X-box stitching
-Underarm gussets
Same, but without the gussets. Full specs of mine:
Raiders of the Lost Ark jacket
Dark Brown Lambskin, size 44 Long
All Cotton lining
Black/gunmetal sliders with X-box stitching

Height: 189cm (~6' 2.4")
Chest full of air: 109cm (~42.9")
Sleeve: My first one has 66.7cm (~26.26") which is fine
Back: My first one has 27 inches which is fine
  • 80's cut
  • No leather facing on the zipper
  • 5 gauge silver color zipper with small zipper pull extending as low as possible without the zipper pull showing
  • Slit inside pocket, NOT piped (see http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd31 ... CN0601.jpg)
  • Tapered sleeves and back panel, backpanel extending all the way to the arm seam
  • Extra reinforced handwarmer/side entry pocket entry stitchings
  • Action pleat depth 3.2cm (~1.25")
  • Collar ending in the middle of the storm flap, rounded top corner on the storm flap
  • Side strap length 22.2cm (~8.75")
  • Arm seam located one inch below the yoke seam
  • Silver colored snaps on pockets, scalloped pocket flaps, pocket size same as my current jacket (width 16.3cm (~6.42"), height 19.5cm (~7.68"), pocket flap height 7cm (~2.76")), located 5.1cm (~2") from the bottom, right pocket 4cm (~1.57") from the zipper seam and left pocket 2.8cm (~1.1") from the storm flap
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

How tall and how wide are you? :)

If you are around Ford sized. Their Temple of Doom in soft goat and with a cotton liner would rock and you don't need any special specs.
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Go and ask about the "Hero" jacket Peter showed awhile back. Its a Raiders jacket, he'll have more information on it. KT may be able to comment more on it too. Not even sure if it is or will be an option at this point.
nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by nihil »

Thanks for all the replies!

It's quite a jungle out there, and i really appreciate getting some help in choosing the right [correct] jacket.

I'll probably go for dark brown as well, as i personally don't like the lighter tone of the 'authentic' and as said earlier, in some scenes it looked almost black anyway. But how dark is the 'dark brown lambskin' ?
How durable is lambskin? And how durable compared to some of the other hides available?
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

If I were in your shoes, and if I wanted an accurate copy, there are a few things I'd lobby for: the collar ending half way on the storm flap, yoke seam and sleeve seam misalignment, large pockets and the hidden snap at the bottom of the storm flap.

I have a dark brown lambskin jacket and I think that I like it better than the 'authentic brown' lamb. It will look almost black in the shadows, etc. The hide was a little stiff out of the package, reminiscent of goat, but not too stiff. It just needed some use, breaking in. Lamb is true to the movie jacket, but it is not the toughest leather out there, as obviously goat, horse then cow would be the choice if you wanted the most durable hide. It's not going to fall apart on you when you put it on, or anything. Just imagine lambskin driving gloves, etc. It is the softest leather and it also distresses and drapes very easily.

Best of luck in your decision. :tup:
Last edited by Texan Scott on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

My ten year old son has a wested in goat and I have to say that I love the grain of this jacket. Makes a really good Indy jacket in my book :)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I'd go for soft goat, I have it in their mid dark brown color. I dont think they have that anymore. I know they have authentic and dark brown.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Holt....are you kidding, dude?!?! ;) You KNOW goatskin will NEVER achieve the "look" of an Indy jacket....I mean, for holding up over the long term, goat is probably the best way to go all around (except for, perhaps, horsehide), but if you want a leather that's going to give you the Indy LOOK over the long term....some form of thinner cut cowhide or steerhide will make you much happier....I wonder if, with all the rucus over calfskin over the last few months, Peter has considered acquiring some of THAT?!

Regards!
Indydawg
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

Dark Brown Lambskin!!

It's pretty SA in my opinion. as far as it's sturdiness, well, the more scratches the better?

SB
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

nihil wrote:Thanks for all the replies!

It's quite a jungle out there, and i really appreciate getting some help in choosing the right [correct] jacket.

I'll probably go for dark brown as well, as i personally don't like the lighter tone of the 'authentic' and as said earlier, in some scenes it looked almost black anyway. But how dark is the 'dark brown lambskin' ?
How durable is lambskin? And how durable compared to some of the other hides available?
Some say Dark Brown=Dark Chocolate, while Authentic Brown=Milk Chocolate

I think the Dark Brown lambskin is the color of espresso. It is almost black, but still brown. I think the Authentic Brown (which I have in goat) looks like booty (booty is bad). Just my opinion. It is a flat, grayish, lifeless color brown that makes me look bad. I've drenched it in boot oil and Pecards to give it some depth, and it helped a bit, but frankly, I still never wear it.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Indydawg wrote:Holt....are you kidding, dude?!?! ;) You KNOW goatskin will NEVER achieve the "look" of an Indy jacket....I mean, for holding up over the long term, goat is probably the best way to go all around (except for, perhaps, horsehide), but if you want a leather that's going to give you the Indy LOOK over the long term....some form of thinner cut cowhide or steerhide will make you much happier....I wonder if, with all the rucus over calfskin over the last few months, Peter has considered acquiring some of THAT?!

Regards!
Indydawg
My friend. I totally agree with you and I see where you are comming from. the older goatskin I had was thicker and very sturdy. nice color but not really raiders as in the ''look'' and drape. the new soft goatskin peter as peter calls it was sourced in late 2008 and is incredible for a goatskin. it drapes like a cape. Im very impressed by it and thats why I recommended it 8)

but as for Peter sourcing calf? well, I tink he allready is sitting on a field behind a bush with his sniper rifle loaded. ;) lol.
mrkaboom
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by mrkaboom »

Hi indiana Holt

For what its worth I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Wested and i would not hesitate to order another jacket with them. To date i have a custom raiders jacket and a wolverine x men 3 which in my opinion kills the raiders jacket for looks all day long. however if it helps please see below my order to Wested - what i would say is dont get too bogged down with the minutae details. All he jackets no matter what the spec look very very similar:-

Description Raiders Jacket
Back Length : 26
Extra Inside Pocket: Yes
GUSSETS: No
Jacket Size: 42
Lining Type : Cotton Body/ Satin Sleeves (Recommended)
Name Label (optional): Not required
Side Straps: D rings + X Box Stitch
Skin Type: Authentic Washed Goat
Sleeve Length: 25.75
Special Requests: I’m quite slim with a 42 chest and 34 waist so if you could make the jacket slightly slim fitting to the body that would be great.

im 6ft tall and when i received the jacket it was perfect.

MK
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

get underarm gussets you will like them and it IS SA.
mrkaboom
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by mrkaboom »

yeah im not sure about them Texan as they tend to give the flying squirrel look :(

MK
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

those have nothing to do with the FS my friend. ;)
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Holt,

Do you have on hand, _'s details on the Raiders stunt jacket he examined at G&B, Flight Suits? The results were posted in a thread a few months ago, but I was not able to find them.

If you could possibly re-post them it would be much appreciated. :TOH:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Ill check...

but first, dinner! ;)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Posted by _ from XX.XXX.XX.XX on August 07, 2000 at 15:01:29:

"I was able to examination an original jacket from Raiders over the weekend. I examined the jacket as well as the documents certifying its authenticity. I brought along a Wested jacket for comparison, though after owning three, I think I could have done this from memory. Peter even dropped me a hint as to an item I might look for to verify it was one of his. Based on all that I had before me, I believe that this was an authentic article.

So here goes…

For the most part, the items we've been debating made up the bulk of the differences:

1.The leather used was noticeably thicker then that on my Wested.

2.This particular jacket had rectangular rings 1 inch by ½ inch, rather then the d-rings. They were painted black.

3.The straps were thicker and a bit wider. The thickness was due to the leather being three layers thick rather then two.

4.The straps were attached within the seam of the jacket, which runs a few inches from the hand warmer slit, i.e. they were not attached right next to the hand warmer slit as with my Wested. A reinforcing length of stitching ran approximately ¼ inch from the seam on the side towards the hand warmer slit. This stitching was through the outer jacket and through the part of the strap under the seam.

5.The rings were attached under the seam like the Wested, but were much more flush with the edge of the rear panel, i.e. they were barely visible unless the bi-swing pleat were opened.

6.Also, a very interesting thing was that the stitching for the ring attachment went through the rear panel. This could explain why sometimes it looks like the attachment is on the outside and sometimes on the inside.

7.The overall side strap attachment is slightly above the center of the hand warmer slit opening, NOT level with the bottom of the opening as with my Wested.

8.The length of the bi-swing pleat ran ½ inch above the attachment of the ring attachment to the rear panel. As such, the bi-swing pleat on the Wested needs to be appropriately longer.

9.One big surprise - there were gussets under the arms! This explains a particular fit problem I've always had with the Wested, i.e. you cannot move your arms around much without the entire body of the jacket moving with you. The gussets would fix this. They were made up of two panels, each ¾ inch wide. Together they were shaped like an elongated eye. They serve as a kind of pleat under the arm to allow arm movement without affecting fit or how the jacket hangs. Very interesting.

10.The collar attachment to the storm flap was correct in basic configuration, but the Wested is off in scale. The storm flap on the original was 3/4 inch narrower, and the collar band was only ¾ inch wide vs. 1 1/8 on the Wested. Other then that the collar dimensions were dead-on. Sorry, but the collar band did attach to the top of the storm flap, creating the "cap" to the storm flap - some have disputed this, though I cannot recall who. The resulting collar sat more flat against the jacket.

11.The bi-swing pleat was 1 ½ inches deep, vs. 1 inch on my Wested. The extra ½ inch makes a big difference in the appearance of the pleat.

12.The seam under the sleeve was lined up perfectly with the seam across the back of the jacket.

13.The inside pocket was a simple leather-bound slit, not the more elaborate configuration of my Wested. Actually, I really do prefer the more elaborate setup, but that's not the purpose here.

14.The lining was cotton - heavier then the cotton I have on my LC Wested. It was more like a lightweight denim-like material. The color was very close to my Wested's, however.

15.The cargo pockets were dead-on.

16.The zipper was the cheap aluminum type, with several teeth missing.

17.The jacket had two tears - one on each elbow. Quite probably the reason it was set aside from the production.

18.The color was a very deep brown - almost black in indoor light. Under bright light it did have a very subtle reddish hue.

I have drawings and measurements in note form. I'll put together some diagrams to try and clarify all this in the next few days.

Fun stuff!

-_"
:TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Texan Scott wrote:Holt,

Do you have on hand, _'s details on the Raiders stunt jacket he examined at G&B, Flight Suits? The results were posted in a thread a few months ago, but I was not able to find them.

If you could possibly re-post them it would be much appreciated. :TOH:
Just a correction. He did not examine it at G&B. He examined it in a private collection up the coast, then took the SPECS to G&B to replicate....hense the creation of the Expedition.

Just wanted to make sure that part of the story was straightened out.

Regards! Michaelson
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Thanks for clearing that up, M; and thanks for posting the results here, Herr Holt! :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

:TOH:
nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by nihil »

Thanks for the extensive advice. I finally managed to get through it all and compose a list of how I want my jacket.
I'm very open to final advice.
There are a few things that I think are already standard on the Custom 'ROLA' jacket? For example the slit inside pocket, tapered fit, smaller zip and pocket buttons at the end of the pocket flap? Redundant requests would be very nice to have removed, as the sheer number of requests are more likely to create confusion and errors.

Heres the list:
-ROLA custom pattern
80's cut
soft dark brown goatskin (washed?)
One piped inside pocket on the left breast.
Collar ending in the middle of the storm flap, rounded top corner on the storm flap
pockets about 16cm wide and 20cm high, pocket flap height 7cm, located 5cm from the bottom, right pocket 4cm from the zipper seam and left pocket 3cm from the storm flap
Extra reinforced handwarmer/side entry pocket entry stitchings
No. 5 nickel zip with small zipper pull extending as low as possible without the zipper pull showing
Side strap length 22cm
Action pleat depth 3,5cm <-- same as bi-swing pleat?
Arm seam located one inch below the yoke seam
Tapered sleeves and back panel, backpanel extending all the way to the arm seam
No leather facing on the zipper
Slit inside pocket, NOT piped

I can't decide on the lining, if I should go with cotton/satin combination, or go with full cotton (based on the original that was examined).

I also have a few points of doubt, that I would like some advise to incorporate into my requests. Taken from the post further up this tread:
4.The straps were attached within the seam of the jacket, which runs a few inches from the hand warmer slit, i.e. they were not attached right next to the hand warmer slit as with my Wested. A reinforcing length of stitching ran approximately ¼ inch from the seam on the side towards the hand warmer slit.
5.The rings were attached under the seam like the Wested, but were much more flush with the edge of the rear panel, i.e. they were barely visible unless the bi-swing pleat were opened.
7.The overall side strap attachment is slightly above the center of the hand warmer slit opening, NOT level with the bottom of the opening as with my Wested.
8.The length of the bi-swing pleat ran ½ inch above the attachment of the ring attachment to the rear panel. As such, the bi-swing pleat on the Wested needs to be appropriately longer.
9.One big surprise - there were gussets under the arms! They were made up of two panels, each ¾ inch wide. Together they were shaped like an elongated eye.
10.The collar attachment to the storm flap was correct in basic configuration, but the Wested is off in scale. The storm flap on the original was 3/4 inch narrower, and the collar band was only ¾ inch wide vs. 1 1/8 on the Wested.
11.The bi-swing pleat was 1 ½ inches deep, vs. 1 inch on my Wested. The extra ½ inch makes a big difference in the appearance of the pleat.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

After having several different combinations of linings my preferred is full cotton. JMO
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

like the original.
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zoltar »

TheExit148 wrote:Go and ask about the "Hero" jacket Peter showed awhile back. Its a Raiders jacket, he'll have more information on it. KT may be able to comment more on it too. Not even sure if it is or will be an option at this point.
Hi KT
Has there been any developments down at Wested on the "Hero" I keep checking here everyday just in case there's some news?

ZOLTAR
nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by nihil »

Woha, i finally managed to settle for something:

-ROLA custom pattern
Size 40 Long-ish (final measurements being decided upon tomorrow)
Full cotton lining
some dark skin, not lamb
No. 5 nickel zip
Collar ending in the middle of the storm flap
Rounded top corner on the storm flap
Pockets about 16cm wide and 20cm high, pocket flap height 7cm
Extra reinforced handwarmer/side entry pocket entry stitchings
Small zipper pull extending as low as possible without the zipper pull showing
Arm seam located one inch below the yoke seam
Slit inside pocket, not piped
Action pleat depth 3,2cm
Tapered sleeves and back panel
Backpanel extending all the way to the arm seam
Small underarm gusset

I just got two concerns about this special request jacket. One being if the special pattern got noticeably reduced durability, and if it's going to wear with a different look in the long run, as ti seem that some of the changes made over the years, actually was so that older jackets didn't have small appearance differences compared to the relatively new jackets used in the films (meaning that the leather was stiffer).
Oh yes, and then there are my concern about the pockets being the right size, compared to the general size of the jacket. I'd rather have the proportions being right, than the pockets themselves being accurate but looking either too small or too big on the jacket.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Looks good to me! Let us know how it turns out!

You just might get me on the line with Wested again if your attempts are successful!

Regards!
Indydawg
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

if you are going for the dark leather, not lamb, there is dark brown soft goat and the dark brown, almost black looking Novapelle.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

if you want a dark leather but actually would prefer a lamb but afraid it wont be dark enough? there is a very brown/blackish THICK lambskin. I have it. Tex knows. its very dark super raiders color.

if you want it just ask for the ''thick very dark brown lambskin''. NO guarantee that they have it. I just have it but I dont know if they still do carry it.... worth a try. they will reply if they dont have it.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Just ask Holt to send you some photos. He put a whoopin' on that Raiders jacket! :whip:
nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by nihil »

I would actually like to avoid lamb as i have had a jacket in it, but never really liked the leather. Too soft for my personal taste. On the other hand, I would also like to avoid to get something thats stuff as a cardboard, which I've have had in another jacket.
(No, neither jacket were indy jackets, in case someone wonders ;))

They told me by email, that they had these hides available:
Authentic lambskin, dark lambskin, authentic brown goatskin, brown cowhide, horsehide, pre distressed cowhide and novapelle

I figured that I could go for a regular brown hide in a thicker quality, and then darken it a bit myself. But I would definitely prefer if I could get the color I want directly.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

i had lambsking, i had goat. Lambskin was also too soft for my liking and the goat was way too heavy for me. Yes, all of them were from Wested. Nevertheles, I really liked them and they were marvelously made but I think I might go for the novapelle. Have been reading a lot about while digging up some older posts.
Joeyeah_right
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Joeyeah_right »

I have the soft dark brown goat from Wested, which I got a few weeks ago. It is as dark as the lamb and almost as soft. I love it. It drapes very well, and is not stiff at all. Very soft leather!

Joe
nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by nihil »

bugger, thats exactly the skin that I want for my jacket. A shame they don't have it currently :(
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

It's a shame they no longer carry the old lambtouch cowhide. :(

Not sure what it really was, but I had one and it was wonderful. Light as lambskin, but tough as cowhide....which it was. I just think it was a thinner cowhide they were able to obtain at the time, but I absolutely loved mine.

That's what I'm wearing in this 2003 photo of me standing with Lee Keppler on the Queen Mary.

Regards! Michaelson
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Michaelson wrote:It's a shame they no longer carry the old lambtouch cowhide. :(

Not sure what it really was, but I had one and it was wonderful. Light as lambskin, but tough as cowhide....which it was. I just think it was a thinner cowhide they were able to obtain at the time, but I absolutely loved mine.

That's what I'm wearing in this 2003 photo of me standing with Lee Keppler on the Queen Mary.

Regards! Michaelson
maby it was calf? could be no?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

That's an interesting theory, my friend. :-k

One can only wonder now. :(

Regards! Michaelson
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yeah, for a few years I have thinking about that theory and had been digging around for lambtouch pictures and compared them with the calfskin pictures. from the pictures, the grain is spot on. but photos can fool... but its intersting.

last year I asked Peter if he still had lambtouch and he said no but could source. no problem he said.

If I only said yes, please do source some because I know many fans would love that back....Im one of them.

I aksed about it and he did say it was some sort of thin cowhide with the feel and touch of lamb. to me that sounds like calf.

Lambtouch cowhide: calf?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I sent him an email and asked.

I wonder if I'll get a reply? :-k ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

lol. I send him an email too about something else.... no reply :lol:
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Indiana Holt wrote:lol. I send him an email too about something else.... no reply :lol:
too much wested/peter bashing in the time i was gone? or is this feeling that i feel wrong?
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

Me too, I sent them an email at wested@wested.com, gemma@wested.com and peter@wested.com over a week ago and got no single reply. Weird...
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

They're really not good with email which is a shame in this day and age. Much better to deal with by phone. Kttemplar has had some wonderful stuff out of them recently in some nice hides but he's in the happy position of being able to pop into the shop
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Michaelson wrote:I sent him an email and asked.

I wonder if I'll get a reply? :-k ;)

Regards! Michaelson
A follow up....one week later, and still no response.... :?

I used all three addresses too, tomek9210.

Regards! Michaelson
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

I just wrote a PM to Peter. It isn't funny, communication in running business is a basic thing. Maybe here he will reply [-o<