Current Wested custom ROLA pattern?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Dymond
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Current Wested custom ROLA pattern?

Post by Indiana Dymond »

Can anyone advise on how the custom ROLA comes as standard without any special requests?

I've done a lot of reading of posts here.You can find thing like Agent5 specs,and other laundry lists.Holt had his incredible jacket made to his specs,and there was the new Wested "HERO" pattern that seamed to die.

The cut of this is how close is Peter making custom ROLA jackets without all the input form buyer? Have the patterns evloved to be more SA?
Ravenswood
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Current Wested custom ROLA pattern?

Post by Ravenswood »

I think their current custom ROLA (standard form; without extra requests) pattern is just about right on for an SA Raiders jacket. One thing I noticed on mine is that there is no gap between the sleeve and yoke seem. I did not request that in their order form, partially because I didn't want to screw up their "routine". I just filled in the blanks without any special requests and let the chips fall where they did...It's a size 38, so they had to scale it down, but I must say I am VERY pleased with my jacket. As a matter of fact, I have a photobucket account with about 120 pictures of the thing, lol. You can also see it here http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47798
:TOH:
Indiana Dymond
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Dymond »

That SHOCKS me Ravenwood :shock: :shock: :shock:

After all this time Wested STILL has the yoke and arm seams lined up.
I would have thought with all the special requests over the years they would have sorted that one out.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

reason for that I think is they make the jackets more ''attractive'' bcuz it is a cleaner look. perosnally I like it like the film jackets, but I dont mind if it is lined up.
Indiana Dymond
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Dymond »

Haveing the seam lined up would realy bug me.
I'm just surprized they haven't learned how to do it right yet without being asked.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

If you are close by, it might we worth a visit you might possibly get just what you want? There might be some already made that would be a perfect fit?
Indiana Dymond
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Dymond »

Wested is a good 4 or 5 hour drive for me,close compared to a lot of you guys I know.

I just want to get what I want and not be talked into getting what someone else wants to make and sell me.
Been there once this month :lol: :lol: :lol: .

So to re-cap, if I want a proper Raiders Jacket from Peter I'll still need to tell him how to make it.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

you havent been around much have you? lol.
Ravenswood
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ravenswood »

One thing I will say for their current pattern is about the collar. This is the first time I have ever seen the collar more wide open at the top (we can thank IndianaHolt, if I'm not mistaken :TOH: ). THAT to me is a significant improvement over any other "SA" Pattern I've seen. It seemed like that, along with the gap between the yoke and sleeve seams, were the two things I was hoping for the most out of this jacket. If I had to pick between the two, I would have requested the larger collar over that back seam gap.
I requested neither a collar or a seam mod. Got one out of the two, and my more preferable one t'boot. Considering how the rest of the jacket (pocket size, scallops and all, etc) seemed right on the money, I find myself a satisfied customer. :)
Indiana Dymond
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Dymond »

Thanks Guys :tup:

Find it more than a little odd that the collar has been corrected but not the yoke arm seam thing :-k
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

I am extremely happy with my ROLA custom. It is a good looking pattern and I was able to request a couple of details that were important to me.