Show us your US Wings Antique COW Hero jackets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Re: Show us your US Wings Antique COW Hero jackets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

sharkboy wrote:You mite have me to blame for getting the small. I remember steering you in that direction over email, but I'm glad Sarge is working it out, it's a beauty.

SB
No worries. I remember having a good conversation with Sarge about my sizing needs when I first ordered. I opted for the small, thinking it'd be a better fit for me. Well, it fits perfectly, except around my torso! :lol: I'll let you know how the medium works out when I get it.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Awww...man....bummer to hear that, Bink....hope that medium works out for you. I know mine fits like it was MADE for me....but then, that's actually been the case with literally EVERY jacket I've ever owned from Wings....

Still loading pics....this jacket is just amazing....and had Mrs. Indydawg snap a few pics, too....will hopefully have them loaded on photobucket shortly....

Again...full review coming when I can stop putting it on, looking in the mirror, and taking it off again.... :lol: You were right, Holt...it's just...WOW!

Later!
Indydawg
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Indydawg wrote:
I can stop putting it on, looking in the mirror, and taking it off again.... :lol: You were right, Holt...it's just...WOW!

Later!
Indydawg
HAHAHA!! I did that al the time!!
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

That is a bummer Bink. At least Sarge makes the exchange as painless as possible, and this one is worth getting right. Mine is a size L by the way.

Indydawg, if your amazed now, just wait until you've worn it a few days and the grain starts standing out! The character of this leather unbelievable.

Weston
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

I know exactly what you're saying Dawg, I haven't taken it off since I got home.
This leather just feels amazing and the colors are what keep me looking at it.

When Michaelson descibed that it has a dark chocolate body and mocha highlights I really didn't understand what he was saying... Bink thought he just needed a coffee. Now looking at it, in hand, it makes perfect sense. This is the best coloring I've seen on any Indy jacket, period.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Weston wrote:That is a bummer Bink. At least Sarge makes the exchange as painless as possible, and this one is worth getting right.
No doubt! Heck, UPS is even going to pick up the package from work for me.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Indydawg wrote:

I can stop putting it on, looking in the mirror, and taking it off again.... You were right, Holt...it's just...WOW!

Later!
Indydawg

:lol: Dude....I seriously can't stop lookin' at the thing!
Indydawg, if your amazed now, just wait until you've worn it a few days and the grain starts standing out! The character of this leather unbelievable
Wes-I can absolutely see that is going to be the case.....

When Michaelson descibed that it has a dark chocolate body and mocha highlights I really didn't understand what he was saying... Bink thought he just needed a coffee. Now looking at it, in hand, it makes perfect sense. This is the best coloring I've seen on any Indy jacket, period.
I know, TS-it's just....mesmerizing!!

Guys...I'm tryin' to get a really good shot of this....but this jacket has a place on the top right chest panel....the GRAIN....Oh my GAWD!!!! I swear it's got the same ribbed characteristics as the Raven Bar scene jacket....it's just....good grief!
:lol:

All I can say is if they are sourcing leather better than this (same coloring, but calfskin) for the Cooper Raiders jacket...I think I might lose my mind over it!

This one is just awesome!
Regards!
Indydawg
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indydawg wrote:
Indydawg wrote:

I can stop putting it on, looking in the mirror, and taking it off again.... You were right, Holt...it's just...WOW!

Later!
Indydawg

:lol: Dude....I seriously can't stop lookin' at the thing!
Indydawg, if your amazed now, just wait until you've worn it a few days and the grain starts standing out! The character of this leather unbelievable
Wes-I can absolutely see that is going to be the case.....

I know, TS-it's just....mesmerizing!!

Guys...I'm tryin' to get a really good shot of this....but this jacket has a place on the top right chest panel....the GRAIN....Oh my GAWD!!!! I swear it's got the same ribbed characteristics as the Raven Bar scene jacket....it's just....good grief!

All I can say is if they are sourcing leather better than this (same coloring, but calfskin) for the Cooper Raiders jacket...I think I might lose my mind over it!

This one is just awesome!
Regards!
Indydawg
IndyDawg I honestly love this Jacket.. The best I have ever made!The price is crazy in this world market!!
Sarge
PsychicsAndSwords
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by PsychicsAndSwords »

Argh! You guys do know that you're making the wait for the long sizes even harder, right? :P
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

The best I have ever made!The price is crazy in this world market!!
Sarge
Well...now remember, I owned one of those "Old Cow" jackets back several years ago that, after MANY coats of Pecards, rain storms, snow storms, and some "natural" sunlight tanning was one darned awesome jacket....

But yeah, Sarge-this one, out of the BOX, looks like that Old Cow took YEARS to get to that point!!!
Argh! You guys do know that you're making the wait for the long sizes even harder, right?
yeah....sorry ;) If I could personally hurry it along for you, I would...but...just rest easy it'll get there 8)

Regards!
Indydawg
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Sarge,

I totally get where you are comming from. I wanna sleep in this baby! that is how much I dig the leather and the smell!

If it only the smell would last forever......

God, sometimes I wished the tannery could send out small wunderbaums with naked hero cowhide smell. LOL :lol:
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

It's better than "new car" smell, ain't it?!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

oh yeah... ;)
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Indydawg wrote::lol:

It's better than "new car" smell, ain't it?!
Heck yeah it is!!!

I can't believe I'm wearing a jacket with the heat index outside hovering around 106 degrees... But I don't want to take it off. Is there something wrong with me?
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

:[

Ummmm...well, that would be admitting a group problem, wouldn't it?
;)
Indydawg
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

:rolling:

I didn't think of that.

Perhaps we can start a group therapy lesson for all of us after they reschedule that procrastinating class I signed up for? :lol:
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

for the record, the smell has worn off mine since June when I got it, Oh how I miss that new car smell. :-({|=

SB
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Absolutely...and if we can get in on that underwater basket weaving class...we'll be SET!

Later!
Indydawg
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Ok....here's just a shot of me in the jacket. I've got tons of pics of JUST the jacket....they'll be linked to the review-should be up tomorrow. The day just got away from me today...spent 3/4 of it just looking at myself in this jacket!

Here you go, folks! Best I could do this afternoon in 100+ degree heat with 110 heat index.
High Regards!
Indydawg
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

It's AWESOME Dawg! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Weston
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Tennessee Smith wrote: When Michaelson descibed that it has a dark chocolate body and mocha highlights I really didn't understand what he was saying... Bink thought he just needed a coffee.
...that STILL may be right, TS. :-k ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michaelson wrote:
Tennessee Smith wrote: When Michaelson descibed that it has a dark chocolate body and mocha highlights I really didn't understand what he was saying... Bink thought he just needed a coffee.
...that STILL may be right, TS. :-k ;)

Regards! Michaelson
I'm more than sure it was!!! ;) :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:- :[
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Glad you guys are finally receiving the antique cowhide jackets. The leather is simply amazing. Looking forward to your review, Dawg.

Hey, Bink, what is your chest size? Just curious, since the Small was too snug on you...
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I typically wear a 40 regular jacket. ;)
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

binkmeisterRick wrote:I typically wear a 40 regular jacket. ;)
Ah, got it. Didn't Wings adjust the sizing a bit with this batch? Or am I wrong? I wear 40R as well, although my chest measures in at 38 inches. My Medium fits pretty well, but a bit on the loose side. I guess I shouldn't try sizing down to a Small after all...
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Forrest For the Trees wrote:
Ah, got it. Didn't Wings adjust the sizing a bit with this batch? Or am I wrong? I wear 40R as well, although my chest measures in at 38 inches. My Medium fits pretty well, but a bit on the loose side. I guess I shouldn't try sizing down to a Small after all...
I think the next shipment we will adjust the sizes!! Small and Med. only! BTW we are coming out with a XS.. The reason is we are always working at least two months ahead.. Right now we are making the Raiders in Horsehide.. Calf and Strited Lamb and most likely offer the Raiders in Hero Naked Cow.. all those will be out by Mid. Oct. ... I hope!!

Sarge
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

Sgt. wrote:I think the next shipment we will adjust the sizes!! Small and Med. only! BTW we are coming out with a XS.. The reason is we are always working at least two months ahead.. Right now we are making the Raiders in Horsehide.. Calf and Strited Lamb and most likely offer the Raiders in Hero Naked Cow.. all those will be out by Mid. Oct. ... I hope!!

Sarge
Sgt. Hack, so if I am reading it right, U.S. Wings will be making a "Raiders" in not only calf and striated lamb but, also in horsehide and the naked cowhide?

Not that I am complaining by any means but, so many choices......in a great way. :tup: :TOH:

But, I am more than satisfied with my calf and striated lamb choices. :D

Sarge, can't say it enough.....you da' man. :TOH:
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

ProfessorHenryWJonesJr wrote:
Sgt. wrote:I think the next shipment we will adjust the sizes!! Small and Med. only! BTW we are coming out with a XS.. The reason is we are always working at least two months ahead.. Right now we are making the Raiders in Horsehide.. Calf and Strited Lamb and most likely offer the Raiders in Hero Naked Cow.. all those will be out by Mid. Oct. ... I hope!!

Sarge
Sgt. Hack, so if I am reading it right, U.S. Wings will be making a "Raiders" in not only calf and striated lamb but, also in horsehide and the naked cowhide?

Not that I am complaining by any means but, so many choices......in a great way. :tup: :TOH:

But, I am more than satisfied with my calf and striated lamb choices. :D

Sarge, can't say it enough.....you da' man. :TOH:
Yes Michaelson ask me to also make the Raiders out of Horsehide and some other Fans said they liked the Hero Naked Cow and ask if I would offer that leather also.. Why not!!
Sarge
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

Thank you for the clarification, Sgt. Hack. Much appreciated as always, sir. :TOH:
Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Raats »

####!! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to getting mine..

IndyDawg.. Mate, thats a fine display of the jacket and if it weren't for the trees so close to where you are standing, I would have sworn the pic was taken on the front porch of the Main House at Skywalker Ranch..

Regards

MARK
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Thanks, Mark!

You're going to flip out when you get it, dude!

Later!
Indydawg
Fitch
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Fitch »

Sgt. wrote:
Forrest For the Trees wrote:
I think the next shipment we will adjust the sizes!! Small and Med. only! BTW we are coming out with a XS.. The reason is we are always working at least two months ahead.. Right now we are making the Raiders in Horsehide.. Calf and Strited Lamb and most likely offer the Raiders in Hero Naked Cow.. all those will be out by Mid. Oct. ... I hope!!

Sarge
Sarge,
Any idea yet on how the sizes will be adjusted? Any length added to the sleeves on the Medium Reg?

Thanks
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

I hope not too many adjustments for the medium, I usually wear a 40 and was surprised how well my Hero cowhide jacket fit. A little tight around the belly, but I have some belly I could loose with some sit ups. :whip: I just wanted to let you know I got my Hero cowhide and I am absolutely stunned, when I put it on, I was like, this is an awesome jacket. I loved it, even though I cannot wear it as much because it is well over 90 degrees lately, I am looking forward to the fall when I have a chance to wear it. Sarge you hit a homerun with this one and I am excited about the Raiders offering. Thanks so much for doing this for the fans and us COW members. :clap: :clap:

IndianaChris
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Another great picture Dawg. The antique cow is an amazing leather, still my my favorite hide of the jackets I own or have owned.

Sarge, Neil, and US Wings are providing so many options it is making it hard to choose. I can only wear 1 jacket at a time for a limited time of year, October/November - March/April. I may have to move north so I can continue to purchase all of the US Wings jackets.

P.S. Bink I think your just stalling the inevitable! ;)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

You may be right, scott! I'm holding out for the medium! [-o<
Gringo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Gringo »

Scot you are so right. I almost caved in today and order the Hero cow, but I am on the list for the Raiders calf. Do I really need two at the same time or year? I am just excited of all these great options(plus Horse) I am going crazy. Stay wallet....stay!! [-X

Sarge I hate you, you... :D
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, here's the one I got last week. I love this jacket, it's the perfect leather I really can't imagine how the calf can top it but I know it will. While viewing these please note that, yes, there has been some slight work done to the leather... Sorry M :Plymouth:

But I can say without hesitation, this leather is the perfect leather to do the dark arts with... if you're so inclined. :TOH:

atkins
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by atkins »

Very cool looking leather........Thanks ,Tennesee.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Dude!!!! More than "dark arts," I think you more or less just accelerated the natural aging process, from what you told me of the methods you used!

Very nice work!!!! :TOH:
Indydawg
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Dawg!!! :tup:

I love it, man. This jacket is just so perfect. The way the sleeves took the wrinkle was just awesome.

Also, the pics don't show enough of the detail.

She's a Beauty :D

-TS
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

:shock: WOW

and super nice fit!
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Jacket looks great TS but I think I will let my jacket get there on it's own with wear.
A.J. Cairo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by A.J. Cairo »

nice jacket indeed but i'm more impressed with (jealous of) that head of hair!
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Scott!!! Trust me it didn't take much and shouldn't take yours long either, the leather is just that good. I really didn't do much to it, I just highlighted a few areas. I just don't have the patience to wait like you ;)

... and A.J. thanks! I've had my hair short for the past 15 years, ever since my time in the Air Force. I just decided to let it grow... who knows when I'll cut it?

:TOH:
-TS
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

BE
A
UTIFUL!

Well Done, Tennessee
:TOH:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Well, after sending back my small hero cow last week, I called them today and told them not to send me one in medium. Rather, I asked if I could apply that credit to one of the upcoming Cooper jackets! They said yes! :D So those of you waiting to see how the medium hero cow will look on me, sorry to disappoint. You'll have to wait until I get my Cooper calf. ;)
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Oh, yeah...and let the hair GROW, dude!!!

And Bink-we'll be patient!
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Bink, it is my sincere hope that I'll be WEARING my Cooper Calf while looking at snappy shots of you wearing yours!
;)

I'll keep my grubby fingers crossed!
:P
PsychicsAndSwords
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by PsychicsAndSwords »

Holy cow *ahem*, those jackets look amazing. Crossing my fingers that the long sizes ship soon...! =P~