Costumebase: Whats your though?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

darksideman13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Costumebase: Whats your though?

Post by darksideman13 »

Ive been looking at costumebase on ebay and a lot of their stuff doesnt look half bad. I know if I'm really ruffing it around in the woods then I would rather be wearing some 25$ shirts as compared to my wested one. So I thought I'd ask you guys. Those who own or know much about them, what do you think?
shagger999uk
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Costumebase: Whats your though?

Post by shagger999uk »

The shirts alright, but does run small - I'd recommend going a size up unless you like a tight, short shirt.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Their headpiece is perfectly serviceable especially at the price.
Joeyeah_right
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Joeyeah_right »

I bought two of their shirts and I'm very happy with them. You can't go wrong for the price, and they are 'close-enough' to SA for me.

Here's a shot taken on my phone in the bathroom mirror mainly to show off my Wade Egan strap that I got for my 1941 MK VI bag. It's not the best shot in the world, but you can see the shirt pretty well:

Joe
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

gilgorp
Last edited by theinterchange on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

I've got the Costumebase headpiece and gunbelt with holster.

Headpiece, not so accurate (both sides have the same writing), but still pretty dang spiffy! It's real metal and very solid/heavy. I have no complaints at all about the gunbelt/holster either. Pretty impressive and definitely the right price.

If you display the headpiece like so, doesn't much matter if the back is the same as the front. :)
Kredepops
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kredepops »

It does look good. Although I can't understand why they've made the bottom corners of the breast pockets like that, they should've just been square.
I'd spend a few extra bucks and go with the WPG shirt.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Kredepops wrote:It does look good. Although I can't understand why they've made the bottom corners of the breast pockets like that, they should've just been square.
I'd spend a few extra bucks and go with the WPG shirt.
Is a WPG shirt that bad? From what I read they have tried to actually make it more Historically accurante instead of SA by adding buttons on the sleeve gussetts, etc. I dunno. I have seriously thought about buying a WPG IF and only IF the color is close to Raiders....

I LOVE my Azuma LC but its closer to LC color then Raiders (of course) and I LOVE the shirt color from Raiders.......
Kredepops
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kredepops »

backstagejack I think you misunderstood. I was talking about the costumebase shirt, I don't own one, but based on the pictures it's not a shirt I want. I DO own a WPG shirt though and I love it! It's very nice and very SA regarding cut, material and colour that's why I wrote that people should spend a few extra bucks and get a WPG not a costumebase. Just my 2 cents.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Kredepops wrote:backstagejack I think you misunderstood. I was talking about the costumebase shirt, I don't own one, but based on the pictures it's not a shirt I want. I DO own a WPG shirt though and I love it! It's very nice and very SA regarding cut, material and colour that's why I wrote that people should spend a few extra bucks and get a WPG not a costumebase. Just my 2 cents.
That's actually good to hear...as I was considering a WPG shirt as my next Indy buy...er...next Indy shirt buy ( with my new raise I'm looking to get some Alden's and maybe a whip).....but for a shirt thats more Raiders aside from my amazing Azuma LC...WPG was next on my list.
Indiana Joosse
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joosse »

Snakewhip_Sable wrote:I've got the Costumebase headpiece and gunbelt with holster.

Headpiece, not so accurate (both sides have the same writing), but still pretty dang spiffy! It's real metal and very solid/heavy. I have no complaints at all about the gunbelt/holster either. Pretty impressive and definitely the right price.

If you display the headpiece like so, doesn't much matter if the back is the same as the front. :)
Have the same headpiece. Bought it years ago.

I agree, not bad for the price. But one of the 'crystal' pieces has since fallen off... :[