Neil Cooper Raiders jacket

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Holt
Craftsman

Neil Cooper Raiders jacket

Post by Holt »

Sarge and I were talking and he suggested we make a new thread.

Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc. are now Partners.

The first jacket will be the Raiders 100 % Neil Cooper spec and the release date will be this Fall to COW Members first..

Neil Cooper will be at His new Office 561 E. Hines Hill Road Hudson Ohio starting the 26th of July this month..

Let the games begin!!
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Neil Cooper Raiders jacket

Post by RaidersBash »

If there's a RAIDERS list, PUT ME ON IT!!!

Did I read something about the pricepoint in one of the other threads, or is that still being established?

Sarge, I might have to pass on the Hero Cow or Lamb, and wait for this to come out. My pockets just aren't that deep, even with the great payment deals.
Last edited by RaidersBash on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

So one for each movie? You said 4 jackets, so I assume so. Just wanted to make sure we weren't getting something along the lines of 2 styles of Raiders, TOD, and LC.

Thanks Holt! :TOH:
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

I'm very much looking forward to this! Though i can't say for sure when I'll be able to afford it :-k However, what concerns me more than the pattern (and I HAVE to be the odd man out here) is the color on the calfskin... will we know that before it comes out, or will that too have to wait?

-KB :)
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

:clap:

The wait is about to be over!!!
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

Yes let the games begin! This is so exciting. Let us have faith that it will awesome. I have decided that I want one one way or another.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

What is the best way to go about purchasing or getting on a list for one of these as a Cow member?

SB
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

sharkboy wrote:What is the best way to go about purchasing or getting on a list for one of these as a Cow member?

SB
Okay unless the Leather goes off the board the Jackets will cost $ 295.00 for Reg. size.. Shipping to COW members will be free..(USA) Half price outside the USA.. There will be a up charge for Longs and 3X due to the price of Leather.. That of course is out of my control!! Up charges is $ 20.00.
Yes I would think you should send Myke your name.. e-mail and your size ..No payment information needed what so ever. Each Jacket will be for each Indy Movie 100 % Neil Cooper spec and color plus leather... One Jacket style per year... I am sorry we will not supply .. Pictures and or slide rule specs before each Jacket is released.FYI.. There will be a very long list for these jackets and they will be supplied in the order they are received.
Sarge
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

One question that I keep getting is how will the sizing be handled? S-M-L etc, or actual sizes like the military A2's?

Regards! Michaelson
Fitch
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Fitch »

Sgt. wrote:
sharkboy wrote:What is the best way to go about purchasing or getting on a list for one of these as a Cow member?

SB
Okay unless the Leather goes off the board the Jackets will cost $ 295.00 for Reg. size.. Shipping to COW members will be free..(USA) Half price outside the USA.. There will be a up charge for Longs and 3X due to the price of Leather.. That of course is out of my control!! Up charges is $ 20.00.
Yes I would think you should send Myke your name.. e-mail and your size ..No payment information needed what so ever. Each Jacket will be for each Indy Movie 100 % Neil Cooper spec and color plus leather... One Jacket style per year... I am sorry we will not supply .. Pictures and or slide rule specs before each Jacket is released.FYI.. There will be a very long list for these jackets and they will be supplied in the order they are received.
Sarge
Sarge,
How will the fit compare to the HERO? Any advice on sizing? A Med in the HERO jacket worked pretty well for me. Should those of us who ordered the HERO just order the same size again?
Thanks
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Michaelson wrote:One question that I keep getting is how will the sizing be handled? S-M-L etc, or actual sizes like the military A2's?

Regards! Michaelson
Good question...You have to look at it two ways.. Military size will give you a better size.. S-M.L. etc. But what most people know what they take..Michaelson what do you think the Fans will like better ?
You know Neil and I know the numbers like the back of our hand and we can change and do just about anything...You know You are the one that talked me into making these anyway.. Your call.
BTW it only took you ten years......
Sarge
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Sgt. wrote:
Michaelson wrote:One question that I keep getting is how will the sizing be handled? S-M-L etc, or actual sizes like the military A2's?

Regards! Michaelson
Good question...You have to look at it two ways.. Military size will give you a better size.. S-M.L. etc. But what most people know what they take..Michaelson what do you think the Fans will like better ?
You know Neil and I know the numbers like the back of our hand and we can change and do just about anything...You know You are the one that talked me into making these anyway.. Your call.
Sarge
Just finished my email to info@uswings.com attn:Myke Sarge. I truly intend to make the trip up to Hudson, OH and get one of these jackets in person regardless of the free shipping option.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

scot2525 wrote:
Sgt. wrote:

Regards! Michaelson
Sarge
Just finished my email to info@uswings.com attn:Myke Sarge. I truly intend to make the trip up to Hudson, OH and get one of these jackets in person regardless of the free shipping option.
I think that is a good idea!! Go to our Main Page at www.uswings.com Hudson Ohio is a great place to Visit Oh BTW Mykes e-mail is Myke@uswings.com
Sarge
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

Sgt. wrote: Okay unless the Leather goes off the board the Jackets will cost $ 295.00 for Reg. size.. Shipping to COW members will be free..(USA) Half price outside the USA.. There will be a up charge for Longs and 3X due to the price of Leather.. That of course is out of my control!! Up charges is $ 20.00.
Sarge
Sgt. wrote:Good question...You have to look at it two ways.. Military size will give you a better size.. S-M.L. etc. But what most people know what they take..Michaelson what do you think the Fans will like better ?
Sarge
Email sent to Mr. Redpath along a copy of the email sent to Sgt. Hack. :tup: As for COW member and moderator "Michaelson" taking ten years to have this happen.....better late than never. :TOH: I am just thankful and blessed that it happened in my lifetime while I am still relatively young. :D

And as COW member "Scot2525" suggested, I may plan to make a trip to Hudson, Ohio to not only personally pick up the jacket but, meet everyone at U.S. Wings. :H:
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Awesome stuff. This project is really moving forward. I will e-mail Myke to get on the list.

As for sizes, I'll speak for myself and say numbered sizes would be preferable, but more work for Wings. I know Sarge won't be posting size specs, but I would really like to know how the chest measures. What I mean is, every jacket company sizes their jackets differently. A size 40 from Wested has 4 inches of extra room, whereas at Gibson and Barnes, you might be looking at 8 inches or more.

Anyway, I'm very excited to hear about this project and can't wait to see the finished jackets!
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Wow, yeah, I'm definitely interested in these developments. So, one jacket style will follow each year til' the CS jacket... :-k That's pretty cool, since it shows that they are taking their time and doing the homework w/ each respective jacket.

One of the major things that kept me from purchasing a US Wings jacket in the past was the back panel/yoke configuration. So, if everything will be 100% exact now, I'm extremely interested in purchasing either the Temple of Doom or Last Crusade jacket. If things go as well as they sound, they'll be worth the wait indeed!

One question here - unless I missed it elsewhere, will they be offering different hide options, such as a distressed/washed goatskin by chance? That would be my ideal choice in hide, but regardless of what hides they use I'm sure the quality will be superb!

All the best,
Aaron

BTW - Happy 68th Birthday HF (July 13th) 8)
Last edited by Captain D on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

do we send our info to info@uswings.com or another address?

thanks!

SB
Venky
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Venky »

Same here! Cannot wait to send my info and get on this long awaited list. Which email would be the one to send to?
that_dog
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by that_dog »

Here's a vote for numerical sizing. This is an intriguing project, I'll be following its progress with great interest. Good luck and thanks to all involved!
Rick Deckard
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Rick Deckard »

Sarge,

I asked in my e-mail, but I thought I'd post this as well for any COW members that have children, nephews, etc.

Will the jackets be made in children's sizes?

Regards,

Jeff
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Sarge

I sent a email to info@uswings.com with my info. Thanks for all your hard work!

Cheers,
Zane
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Numerical sizing would also be my suggestion.

Folks KNOW what actual coat/suit size they wear, and can judge sleeve length etc. based on that kind of sizing. The S-M-L etc., even when knowing height and weight, can be a little 'iffy' at times.

I suggest numerical sizing.

Only 10 years? Seemed longer. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Cassidy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Cassidy »

Great! Just emailed Myke & info@.

This is the first time I've been excited about a jacket in 15 years. Can't wait!
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Put my vote down for numerical sizing, too. :tup:
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Ditto.

…and I gotta start figuring a way to save my pennies.
sithspawn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sithspawn »

So I take it the COOPER RAIDERS jacket will be using the specs and pattern that was used on the film jacket?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I suggest you read the threads about Neil Cooper.
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

I vote for numerical sizing too!

Man this is exciting. Have I said that this is exciting?
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

I vote for numerical as well.

Here is my concern with this project, and sorry if I am wrong, but If you are looking for the authentic Raiders cut, the Cooper pattern works for HF sizing. What is going to happen when you start moving up and down the scale? For example, I am a 38 in the chest, but have the shoulders of a 39 or 40 jacket, and I would want the HF front and back length sizing to make it SA.
Are there features that won't change with sizes close to HF sizing, or is the entire jacket adjusted to be smaller with a smaller sized jacket?

I would love if you could order a numerical sized jacket, with SA front and back length or something like that (or adjustable length), and adjustable arm length. Basically what I am saying is that, I don't want to have to size up in the chest in order to have a proper fit in the length and arms and have a sloppy chest and shoulder, but don't want to order my size and have the length and arms too short with a proper sized chest. Does that all make sense?
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

Yes, it makes sense, I have also untypical built, my jackets have 38 chest and 26-27 sleeve lenght. It would be great to have Cooper jacket not too baggy as current US Wings jackets, maybe with shorter overall length. I'd like to order one but no size fit me. I'm looking forward to this jacket!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Captain D wrote:Wow, yeah, I'm definitely interested in these developments. So, one jacket style will follow each year til' the CS jacket... :-k That's pretty cool, since it shows that they are taking their time and doing the homework w/ each respective jacket.

One of the major things that kept me from purchasing a US Wings jacket in the past was the back panel/yoke configuration. So, if everything will be 100% exact now, I'm extremely interested in purchasing either the Temple of Doom or Last Crusade jacket. If things go as well as they sound, they'll be worth the wait indeed!

One question here - unless I missed it elsewhere, will they be offering different hide options, such as a distressed/washed goatskin by chance? That would be my ideal choice in hide, but regardless of what hides they use I'm sure the quality will be superb!

All the best,
Aaron

BTW - Happy 68th Birthday HF (July 13th) 8)
I will try and give an up date to some of the questions and if I did not cover them all please let me know!
1. When placeing your order give us all your measurements!! Neil Cooper will match that information up with our US Military size chart per the request of Michaelson.. The Raiders Jackets will have the same leather as each Movie.. We however will come out with two leaters for the Raiders.. Calf and Striated Lamb.Neil Cooper said he made the Indiana Jones Jacket for Harrison Ford out of Calf.. He was there I was not! Neil Cooper is known the world over as the best of the best.
Sarge
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Sarge's comments sound like it will work out for us all, even the oddly sized people such as myself and tomek9210 have mentioned. Really looking forward to the this project as long as I can get my jacket sized good. I thought that I had enough Raiders jackets with the acquiring of a TN Raiders, and my one Wested (which I think I'm going to sell) but this is definetly peaked my interested. I'm more then likely down for one of these as long as sizing is good. Sizing=good=done deal! :tup:
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

I just received a email from Myke I'm on the list! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Last edited by Indyzane on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cassidy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Cassidy »

Sarge, I put my name on the list today and asked for a standard size (L) which I am ok with. Should I re-submit my numerical sizing with hide preference or would that be done at a later date? Thanks.
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Sarge, from one vet to another, first let me thank you for your service; too many of your generation got the fuzzy end of the lollipop back then.

Second, thanks for the great company, products, and service you've given this community. I've yet to become a customer, but this sizing and latest round of news may be a game-changer, for me at least.

Just to be sure, you're not saying these are constructed as to be custom to the buyer? Rather by knowing someone's measurements it would allow you to best fit the buyer based on the patterns and sizes you do have. Pretty much how things work now.

This really is a cool time for jackets, and getting moreso as time goes on. Thanks again!

Mountaineer
Michigan Smith
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Michigan Smith »

And as COW member "Scot2525" suggested, I may plan to make a trip to Hudson, Ohio to not only personally pick up the jacket but, meet everyone at U.S. Wings. :H:
I did just this about 8 years ago, before they were in their new location. Definately worth the trip. I bought 2 jackets that day. It was about a 3 hour drive for me each way. Met the Sarge, ####'va nice guy.
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Any chance these jacket will be done in time for Halloween? \:D/ No pressure Sarge just very excited!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Cassidy wrote:Sarge, I put my name on the list today and asked for a standard size (L) which I am ok with. Should I re-submit my numerical sizing with hide preference or would that be done at a later date? Thanks.
You are okay.. We will contact you and get all the requested information before Your Collectors Neil Cooper Radiers Jacket is made for you!! Neil will send out a form via e-mail and just fill in all the information ... We will start sending out the Forms Sept. 1,2010 .
Sarge
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

My old Cooper from the nineties was a great fit in the body, but the sleeve length could have been an inch or two longer. Will we have to order a long to get longer sleeves as I wouldn't want the longer body?

My shirt sleeves are about 35-36, but I'm 5'10" so that's where I'm coming from.

How much longer would the jacket body be if I went for a long?
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Mountaineer wrote:Sarge, from one vet to another, first let me thank you for your service; too many of your generation got the fuzzy end of the lollipop back then.

Second, thanks for the great company, products, and service you've given this community. I've yet to become a customer, but this sizing and latest round of news may be a game-changer, for me at least.

Just to be sure, you're not saying these are constructed as to be custom to the buyer? Rather by knowing someone's measurements it would allow you to best fit the buyer based on the patterns and sizes you do have. Pretty much how things work now.

This really is a cool time for jackets, and getting moreso as time goes on. Thanks again!

Mountaineer
Oh you will think You are back on active duty!!You have to remember I supply the Military with their Flight Jackets and I have never seen a Pilot that did not look good in His or Her flight jacket!!
Sarge
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Thanks Sarge, I just got my confirmation e-mail from Myke \:D/

This fall can't come soon enough!!!! :lol:

-Erin
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Kittlemeier wrote:My old Cooper from the nineties was a great fit in the body, but the sleeve length could have been an inch or two longer. Will we have to order a long to get longer sleeves as I wouldn't want the longer body?

My shirt sleeves are about 35-36, but I'm 5'10" so that's where I'm coming from.

How much longer would the jacket body be if I went for a long?
Sorry I can not answer that question.. Neil Cooper will send out a form Sept. 1,2010
We will not supply any information about how the Collector Neil Cooper Raiders jacket is made until they have been released due to the fact there are some people out and about that would love to pass on Information about how Neil Cooper is Making his Raiders Jacket.
Sarge
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

Sgt. wrote: Sorry I can not answer that question.. Neil Cooper will send out a form Sept. 1,2010
We will not supply any information about how the Collector Neil Cooper Raiders jacket is made until they have been released due to the fact there are some people out and about that would love to pass on Information about how Neil Cooper is Making his Raiders Jacket.
Sarge
Understood, I'll just get on the list and see.
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Sgt. wrote: Oh you will think You are back on active duty!!You have to remember I supply the Military with their Flight Jackets and I have never seen a Pilot that did not look good in His or Her flight jacket!!
Sarge
Alright then, sounds outstanding.

I think you just balled up my rulebook and sent it out the window.

I guess it is time to start selling a few more things to build up the PayPal account.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Mountaineer wrote:
Sgt. wrote: Oh you will think You are back on active duty!!You have to remember I supply the Military with their Flight Jackets and I have never seen a Pilot that did not look good in His or Her flight jacket!!
Sarge

I guess it is time to start selling a few more things to build up the PayPal account.
I can say this.. They will not be like any Indy Jacket You have ever had before.... I have a feeling the Neil Cooper Raiders Indy will be for Collectors world wide...
That is why we are calling it the Neil Cooper Raiders collector Jacket.
Sarge
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Well, before I saw this I sent my request to be added to your list of customers for this jacket.

Perhaps, a little wobbly on if I really needed another jacket.

Now I know I'm glad I did.

I look forward to being a customer Sgt.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Oh man, this is getting too good to pass up.
However, I may have to run it by my finance manager first (the wife).

Sarge,
Will I be able to use your lay-away program on this jacket?
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

kwad wrote:Oh man, this is getting too good to pass up.
However, I may have to run it by my finance manager first (the wife).

Sarge,
Will I be able to use your lay-away program on this jacket?
For my Friends... Why not!! Now comes the bad news for the rest of the world.. COW members only.
Sarge
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

Just sent my email Sarge ... oh man, this is too good to be true.

Again, many many thanks to all involved.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Sgt. wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:
Sarge

I can say this.. They will not be like any Indy Jacket You have ever had before.... I have a feeling the Neil Cooper Raiders Indy will be for Collectors world wide...
That is why we are calling it the Neil Cooper Raiders collector Jacket.
Sarge

:tup: