Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Re: Show us your US Wings Antique COW Hero jackets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Like Michaelson? :Plymouth: :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

#-o
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

I agree, Holt...

"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Young in mind and heart!!!!

Or, as a little old lady told a good physical therapist friend of mine once...

"If you stop moving, they cover you with dirt."

Live it up, Sarge!
Regards!
Indydawg
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

I had a great aunt (God bless her!) who never told anyone how old she was; she probably lived into her 90's. She said once people know how old you are, then people put a label on you and limit you. Meanwhile she was driving with only one good eye in her 80-90s and sharp as a tack. She also said that age is just a number, so don't worry Sarge. We can't always go by "its not the years, its the mileage".
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Michaelson wrote:
Sgt. wrote:Hello Scot,
Just walked in the door after watching Day and Night with the bad guy on the train wearing My Jacket.. ...Regards,
Sarge
I heard a rumor that his jacket was made from the New Zealand lambskin you have coming out next month too. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
True story.. The leather looks awsome!!and the Jackets will be here this Wed. Oh the movie is good also!!
Sarge
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

JC1972 wrote:I had a great aunt (God bless her!) who never told anyone how old she was; she probably lived into her 90's. She said once people know how old you are, then people put a label on you and limit you. Meanwhile she was driving with only one good eye in her 80-90s and sharp as a tack. She also said that age is just a number, so don't worry Sarge. We can't always go by "its not the years, its the mileage".
Good point... Guess that is why I have a young Wife along with a 11 year old 16 year old and 21 year old and friends like all the members of COW.. who needs more.

Sarge
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

191145 wrote:Rick; I think you already have your jacket, but you need to let out the sides all the way.

There was a comment on how great Weston's collar looked; that's because either he rolled it down or it came that way - most of them come with the collar 'in the raw' and you have to 'train' it. Just roll it down almost all the way to the stand seam, then zip up the coat and let it sit a few days (should be no problem in this heat). Then, just pay attention to it when you start wearing it and correct it when needed. Soon it'll be set and you can forget about it.
Can we come back to this for a second? If anyone has the spare time, could we see a photo of the collar treatment in progress? I think that would be helpful for those of us who really want a strong LC look to the collar.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

There really isnt a trick to it, you just mold it in your hands until it looks right to you. It's kind of like a felt hat in that regard. Put it on, stand in front of a mirror if need be, and shape the collar by hand.

Weston
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I sprayed some water on the underside of my collar to help in the hand shaping. 20 minutes while watching tv and looked much better. I'll probably tweak it from time to time until I'm happy.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

It will be interesting to see how these naturally relax after they've been worn for a while.

Regards! michaelson
Vaderbreath
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Vaderbreath »

Here are a couple of shots right out of the box last week. I love it...very comfy, very different feeling.

RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

That's a great fit Vader. Looks 'custom'
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Nice to see you around RC! ;)
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Indyzane wrote:Nice to see you around RC! ;)
thank you Zane, nice to be seen!

Can't wait for my Wings jacket.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Vaderbreath wrote:Here are a couple of shots right out of the box last week. I love it...very comfy, very different feeling.

WOW... You really look good ! What a class act.. Now this look tells it all... Price.. Comfort.. Style.. Class.. what else can you ask for!
Regards,
Sarge
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Michaelson wrote:It will be interesting to see how these naturally relax after they've been worn for a while.

Regards! michaelson
No doubt better with age!
Just think the extra money you have saved you can give to the Church.

Sarge
Vaderbreath
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Vaderbreath »

Amen to that, Sarge! Thanks again for providing such an outstanding jacket for such a great price. I'm just loving this jacket more and more. Thanks RC-it feels like a custom.
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Finally got around to snapping a pic. First impressions? VERY NICE. The feel of the leather is unique - very different from other cowhide jackets, and the color is spot-on Indy. As for the fit........ \:D/ I remember being worried about my size choice when I ordered my last jacket 20 years ago, and this was no different! Fortunately, no problems. Sarge originally suggested I go with a 3XL, but I thought that might be just a little too big, so I opted for a 2XL instead. The fit is great, with a perfect sleeve and body length ( those two concerned me most of all ). For reference sake, I'm 6' 2", 260 lbs, with a 47" chest ( and a midsection several inches bigger than that :oops: ). When zipped up, the jacket is comfy and just big enough. I'm planning on dropping about 20 lbs in the near future - then the fit will be better than perfect. Thanks again to Sarge and crew for the outstanding customer service and for a truly great jacket! Image
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

these jackets look terrific and i do love that hide. kudos sarge.....great product for this market niche :)

vaderbreath and solent....great fit gents :tup:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Agreed.
Vaderbreath and Solent... VERY nice looking fits on both of you.
Very impressive.
:D :tup:
Enjoy your jackets!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

They look tailor made! :shock: :clap:

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

That jacket fits you beautifully, VB! It's making my wait more difficult!
Vaderbreath
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Vaderbreath »

Thanks, guys! It really does feel like a custom fit. I'm broad shouldered, so some jackets are a bit too tight across my shoulders and back. But both Wings jackets I have fit me like tailored jackets. And, yes, that leather is really something special. You'll love your jacket I'm sure, Bink!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Solent MKIII wrote:Image

Finally got around to snapping a pic. First impressions? VERY NICE. The feel of the leather is unique - very different from other cowhide jackets, and the color is spot-on Indy. As for the fit........ \:D/ I remember being worried about my size choice when I ordered my last jacket 20 years ago, and this was no different! Fortunately, no problems. Sarge originally suggested I go with a 3XL, but I thought that might be just a little too big, so I opted for a 2XL instead. The fit is great, with a perfect sleeve and body length ( those two concerned me most of all ). For reference sake, I'm 6' 2", 260 lbs, with a 47" chest ( and a midsection several inches bigger than that :oops: ). When zipped up, the jacket is comfy and just big enough. I'm planning on dropping about 20 lbs in the near future - then the fit will be better than perfect. Thanks again to Sarge and crew for the outstanding customer service and for a truly great jacket! Image
WOW.. That Indy Hero looks good on you!! Lani Myke and all of us at US Wings are so very Happy the way this Leather turned out and the way it has been received by all the Fans...Price and Value along with Style is the bottom line.. Again You make me Proud!!

Sarge
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Congratulations Vaderbreath and Solent on your jackets! You've both got some keepers there!
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Sarge or any of you guys with large or XL will you please post pit to pit measurements and sleeve length measurements on both..........THANKS
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Hatch wrote:Sarge or any of you guys with large or XL will you please post pit to pit measurements and sleeve length measurements on both..........THANKS
Okay here is the information you ask for.. sorry it took so long but with the first of the Month.. Newsletter Fed. Tax State Tax and City Tax ... Phones ranging off the wall and trying to ship out the New Zealand Lightweight Lamb.. US Military Orders plus our Reg. Customers and My Mother Inlaw passing away .... and last but not least going over Neil Coopers and US Wings Contract.. Your numbers are Large Pit to Pit 25 In. sleeve 35 1/2 center back to end XL Pit to Pit 26 1/2 Sleeve 35 1/2 center back to end.
Regards,
Sarge
PS Keeps me young!!
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law Sarge! :(
My condolences to you and your wife.
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

maboot38 wrote:
191145 wrote:Rick; I think you already have your jacket, but you need to let out the sides all the way.

There was a comment on how great Weston's collar looked; that's because either he rolled it down or it came that way - most of them come with the collar 'in the raw' and you have to 'train' it. Just roll it down almost all the way to the stand seam, then zip up the coat and let it sit a few days (should be no problem in this heat). Then, just pay attention to it when you start wearing it and correct it when needed. Soon it'll be set and you can forget about it.
Can we come back to this for a second? If anyone has the spare time, could we see a photo of the collar treatment in progress? I think that would be helpful for those of us who really want a strong LC look to the collar.
I wasn't going for any SA 'look'. The collar was just out of whack from manufacturing/shipping, whatever. When you roll it down (thumbs inside, fingers outside) with the collar in the spread position, then carefully bring the two sides together and zip up the jacket, the collar will stay like that until disturbed. Usually you can put it on a good quality shaped hanger and it will hold. After a few days of this, you'll find that when you take it out and put it on, the collar holds. You'll have to repeat sometimes when you hang it up, but before long it'll be set. My main reason for doing this is I simply have a 'thing' about collars riding up my neck, and I have a short neck to begin with. Prior to having A2s and Indy Jackets, my favorite types were like the '70s 'Members Only' jackets with the 'strap' collar. I hate the look of a big collar up my neck, and they bother me while driving as the coat bunches up behind you as you sit down in the seat. That was a good thing about the Wested - although the collar was bigger than the USW, it was thinner, so it didn't bother me when driving.
I have three other leather jackets not counting the Wested which is for sale. Two A2s and a leather field jacket. I have a feeling based on how the USW feels that the others aren't going to get much time off the hanger.
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

So sorry to hear of the passing of your mother-in-law, Sgt. Hack. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and the entire family.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I HAVE IT!!!!

first let me say Im sorry for your loss Sarge. my condolences.

my God what a jacket! I cant thank Sarge enough for this jacket. This leather is amazing. the weight is so much lighter then I expected it to be which is a very good thing.

Im in love with the color!

this jacket will be loved forever!!! Sarge, thank you sincerely for your kindness with me. I cant wait to break this baby in! bring on the fall and winter.

oh, pictures will have to wait since my memory card died on me here the other day. to many pictures I guess. lol.

ps, Bink, you re gonna love it!
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Sarge , thanks for the info on the sizes of the Large and XL..........are the New lightweight lamb sizing up the same way ??......I'm typically a size 46 and was going to go with the large after seeing the 25 pit to pit (which is what my Novaks are) but now Holt saying it fits like a 44 has me thinking.....so guess I'm basically between a large and XL.........

Holt, can't wait to see those pics , ...please post your current chest and weight with them if you don't mind as I'm about one size up from you.....and could you measure your sleeve from shoulder to cuff..........thanks
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

sure,

its 25.5, true 44.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Let me add my condolences for your family, Sarge.
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Thanks Holt , and if anyone or Sarge could measure shoulder to cuff of XL I'd appreciate it.......

And Sarge, so sorry to hear about the Mother in Law.....prayers for your family.....
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

And Sarge, so sorry to hear about the Mother in Law.....prayers for your family.....[/quote]

Yes, condolences and prayers for your family.
Rick Deckard
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Rick Deckard »

Sarge, condolences for the loss in your family.

COW'ers:

I received my XL and the fit is much better. In the L, when I raised my arms, like I was driving a car, a bulge appeared above the yoke seam and ran the length of the seam. I think that was the elastic being stretched, that's how little room I had across the back. This XL, while a bit roomier in the body, is a much better fit. It feels a million times more comfortable and it's easier to layer underneath. I'd post pics, but I think you guys have seen enough of me in my jacket. ;)

Why I'm really posting is for the guys that are in between sizes, like me. I sent Sarge a PM asking him whether he has ever considered doing 'half' sizes. I've seen some websites that size their jackets like this: 44, 44-46, 46, 46-48, 48...etc. Sarge replied and told me to forward that message to his Wings e-mail address so that he could forward it to his CEO. I don't know whether anything will come of this, but I thought it was something else that not only did Sarge take the time to reply to my suggestion but that he also thought enough of it to send it to his CEO for consideration.

So perhaps at some point in the future...maybe for the jacket that Neil Cooper is collaborating on?...we may see half sizes. That would go a long way toward helping us 'tweeners find a really good fitting OTR jacket.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Rick Deckard wrote:Sarge, condolences for the loss in your family.

COW'ers:

I received my XL and the fit is much better. In the L, when I raised my arms, like I was driving a car, a bulge appeared above the yoke seam and ran the length of the seam. I think that was the elastic being stretched, that's how little room I had across the back. This XL, while a bit roomier in the body, is a much better fit. It feels a million times more comfortable and it's easier to layer underneath. I'd post pics, but I think you guys have seen enough of me in my jacket. ;)

Why I'm really posting is for the guys that are in between sizes, like me. I sent Sarge a PM asking him whether he has ever considered doing 'half' sizes. I've seen some websites that size their jackets like this: 44, 44-46, 46, 46-48, 48...etc. Sarge replied and told me to forward that message to his Wings e-mail address so that he could forward it to his CEO. I don't know whether anything will come of this, but I thought it was something else that not only did Sarge take the time to reply to my suggestion but that he also thought enough of it to send it to his CEO for consideration.

So perhaps at some point in the future...maybe for the jacket that Neil Cooper is collaborating on?...we may see half sizes. That would go a long way toward helping us 'tweeners find a really good fitting OTR jacket.
You know all of our US Military issue jackets are by number size.. That would not be a hard thing for us to do later on!! We could offer both.
FYI.. the weight for a size Med. Lightweight New Zealand Indy Hero is 2.5 Lbs. Goatskin is 4.35 a lot of fans have ask that question and I may also add no two jackets are 100 % alike... They will blow you away and yes I will also make up some Longs after seeing how nice they came out.. If possable.. Much better than the Sample... Love the look.
Sarge
PS Lani said Thank you about Her Mother!!
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Do you guys recommend drenching the jacket in water or in a shower to tighten it up a bit?
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I recommend just wearing a jacket, but hey, what do I know? :lol:
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I agree with Bink. My jacket is such a good fit that I wouldn't want to do anything to it to cause the jacket to tighten up or prematurely shrink.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

My condolences, Sarge.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

PSBIndy wrote:Do you guys recommend drenching the jacket in water or in a shower to tighten it up a bit?
Never heard of that before!! nor would I ever do that.
Sarge
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I wouldnt do it. jsut my 2 cents. with wear and by the elements it will 'shrink' to your body shape.

Sarge, the leather on this jacket is something I never have seen before. it grains up like crazy. lots of character right away. cant wait to see how this look fully broken in. if you ask me, I would love to see Ford in this jacket. when Indy 5 will be filmed I hope they contact you so Indy can wear THIS exact jacket.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I've been thinking the exact same thing Holt. I'd love to see Ford wear this one in Indy 5!

Man, isn't the smell of this leather like a drug? It's just a bit acrid right out of the box, but now it's so rich and mellow it ought to be a cologne. We've been lucky enough to have some cool weather breeze in so I've been able to wear it alot.

Holt, get your camera fixed! :lol:

Weston
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indiana Holt wrote:I wouldnt do it. jsut my 2 cents. with wear and by the elements it will 'shrink' to your body shape.

Sarge, the leather on this jacket is something I never have seen before. it grains up like crazy. lots of character right away. cant wait to see how this look fully broken in. if you ask me, I would love to see Ford in this jacket. when Indy 5 will be filmed I hope they contact you so Indy can wear THIS exact jacket.
Easy to do.. Just give me a shipping address and it is done. I know HF will love it.
Sarge
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Weston wrote:I've been thinking the exact same thing Holt. I'd love to see Ford wear this one in Indy 5!

Man, isn't the smell of this leather like a drug? It's just a bit acrid right out of the box, but now it's so rich and mellow it ought to be a cologne. We've been lucky enough to have some cool weather breeze in so I've been able to wear it alot.

Holt, get your camera fixed! :lol:

Weston
FYI...
For those people that don't like the smell of leather.. If there is such a thing.. Hang the jacket in question out in the Sun all day and the smell will go away! Remember Sun not Rain!!
Sarge
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Sgt. wrote:Easy to do.. Just give me a shipping address and it is done. I know HF will love it.
Actually, here's another good idea:

Send it to me and I promise I'll give it to Harrison myself the VERY next time I see him.
;)
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

:-k
Actually... on second thought, Sarge probably NOT such a good idea.

I'd hate to break my promise to ya...
and frankly, these jackets look and sound SO good (and apparently SMELL so good TOO - Dang you, Weston!) that I don't know if I could hand it over even if Ford himself was reaching out to accept it!
:P