Re: U.S. Wings Antique Cowhide 'Hero Jacket'

Post by Angleiron »

Will do! :TOH:
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Angleiron, that is the most eloquent description of this jacket I have read yet. Dead on accurate! I concur completely, and am looking forward to seeing yours.

Regards!

Weston
Angleiron
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Angleiron »

Thanks, Weston! Glad to hear you seem to be enjoying yours just as much. Your pics really do a good job of capturing this jacket's vibe. I'll try to take some video of mine when it comes in...

I still can't get over the price on this thing. It's like icing on top of...more pretty great icing.
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

With a back length of 27", what's the front length measure on these jackets folks? I absolutely love how they look.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

I wonder which film jacket the USW jacket most closely resembles?.....can't be Raiders because the leather, color, grain, snaps, yoke, and side-strap buckles are wrong.......can't be ToD because the leather, color, collar, grain, pockets, yoke, snaps and side-strap buckles are wrong......can't be KotCS because the side-straps, and possibly the pockets are wrong. So I guess it most closely resembles the LC and CS jacket despite the side-straps and distress pattern being wrong. Anyone agree?

Despite not being completely SA, however, it's one heck of a jacket and I absolutely love mine! :D
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

well its supposed to be the Raiders pattern, so i would say Raiders, but only really if you remove the snaps. Basically it seems like a great overall blended look of indys jacket to me. Im getting a longer size and was contemplating whether to get snaps or no snaps.... still not exactly sure since it is raiders. But i ahvent had a jacket with snaps and most of indys are with snaps.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indakin wrote:well its supposed to be the Raiders pattern, so i would say Raiders, but only really if you remove the snaps. Basically it seems like a great overall blended look of indys jacket to me. Im getting a longer size and was contemplating whether to get snaps or no snaps.... still not exactly sure since it is raiders. But i ahvent had a jacket with snaps and most of indys are with snaps.
I took Neils Raiders pattern and just a few little changes so Lucas would not get bent out of shape.. I ask Michaelson about the snaps and You know how much M. likes snaps and by now you should know how much I and My Family care about Michaelson and IndyDawg.. so you now have the Indy Hero cow with all the colors.. nicks and a true used looking Indy-Style Hero Jacket... Not an easy jacket to make!!Now more news... I have already made the same jacket with no snaps plus in long sizes and Michaelson ask me to make 12 size large reg. with sleeves (1 1/2 in. longer) .... All of this will be in house the last of July or Mid. Aug.BTW the New Zealand Indy will be in next week.... Same Pattern and also Hand made!!
Regards,
Sarge
PS Indiana Holt nailed it.
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

It's just an overall Indy style jacket.

:TOH:
John
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Sgt. wrote:...the New Zealand Indy will be in next week.... Same Pattern and also Hand made!!
:D :tup:
Sgt. wrote:PS Indiana Holt nailed it.
Hey Sarge:
P.S.
I ain't surprised!
;)
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Mitch LaRue wrote:
Sgt. wrote:...the New Zealand Indy will be in next week.... Same Pattern and also Hand made!!
Sgt. wrote:PS Indiana Holt nailed it.
Hey Sarge:
P.S.
I ain't surprised!
;)
True story!! There is an old saying.. You can get a hair cut but it is the same person.

Sarge
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I am surprised..

by that I mean that nobody got it,

its so out there, you just have to look. well for a guy who is into details. the collar is way different. Indy to a T. and the pocket flaps is also refined. more round scallop. (love it) the cut of the jacket is a closer fit and the skin is =P~ (drool)

this jacket may not be a dead on replica prop of the one seen on screen but this is a jacket made by us wings which means quality and durabilty and is by far the best Indy style jacket knocked out of us wings ever!!

take it form a jacket guy like me. I cant wait to get this garment!

now get yours!!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

oh btw, my opinion to all of those who wonder about why it isnt a 100% replica raiders jacket...

this jacket is not ment to replicate a prop jacket seen on screen because this was one of the first patterns. if this jacket was selected as the one Ford was to wear thruout the movie we would know the raiders jacket like this jacket here given to us by Sarge. for me this whole ''cooper pattern'' is very aluring to me. very! it gives me some of the magic of raiders movie making history. so this is a very special jacket guys! pluss it is said to be one durable son of a gun as all other us wings jackets. :D

when I get mine I really hope it will fit. I'd hate to get it and it is to big or to long for my liking... so here's hoping God [-o<
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

It says on the site that the $195 is an "Introductory Price", does that mean it's going to go up in the future? :-k I owned a Wings briefly and I loved it. I can't afford or justify owning a second Indy jacket at the moment but down the road I'd like to get another one, especially a Wings. :)
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Hey Pitfall, Sarge said he's going to honor this price for us COW members for one year on this jacket. So, everyone can have a chance to get one. After that it's supposed to go up.

-TS
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Ah, cool....Hopefully I can get one before the price increase. [-o< Thanks for the info, TS. :TOH:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Yep, Sarge is clearly doing his best to look out for us (and look AFTER us)... and it's greatly appreciated.
:)
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

Mitch LaRue wrote:Yep, Sarge is clearly doing his best to look out for us (and look AFTER us)... and it's greatly appreciated.
:)
I'm proof of that! If it weren't for Sarge and a few of my fellow COW members, I wouldn't have one hanging on the hook of my bedroom door! :TOH:

John
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Well said, Holt! Very well said, indeed!
Indydawg

PS: Sarge-you know the feeling is mutual!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indydawg wrote:Well said, Holt! Very well said, indeed!
Indydawg

PS: Sarge-you know the feeling is mutual!
Yes I do IndyDawg and one of the best feelings a Fan can ever have is when others say " WOW where did you get that jacket"

Sarge
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Agreed!
Gringo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Gringo »

I have been doing the WOW for the last week Sarge! Looks like the large long will do me fine. I need another jacket like I need a hole in the head, where is that drill??? I LOVE THAT LEATHER! Thanks from the heart.
jamesdell
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by jamesdell »

Kevin Anderson wrote:With a back length of 27", what's the front length measure on these jackets folks? I absolutely love how they look.
I was actually wondering this too. At least the small, medium, large, and i thing XL all have 27" backs from the top of the collar stand. Big is the collar stand and what is the length of the storm flap in the front?

James
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

23 1/2" on mine

John
PsychicsAndSwords
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by PsychicsAndSwords »

Wow, I was NOT in the market for another Indy jacket, but after stumbling across the listing for this on the Wings site, and reading through this thread, I was sold. I preordered a long size an hour or two ago (after a wonderfully fast response to an emailed question) and I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about this. :D
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

I await tomorrow with trepidation. The M was too big, and I'm betting the S will be too little. Maybe they can find a bigger small or a smaller medium. You see how my mind is looping on this? The truck comes tomorrow at 2:30. Wish me luck - I really want this to work, because since I lost weight the Wested is too big to wear.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

191145 wrote:I await tomorrow with trepidation. The M was too big, and I'm betting the S will be too little. Maybe they can find a bigger small or a smaller medium. You see how my mind is looping on this? The truck comes tomorrow at 2:30. Wish me luck - I really want this to work, because since I lost weight the Wested is too big to wear.
You have my well-wishes. I'm lucky in that I fit into OTR jackets pretty well for the most part. I hope your jacket tomorrow fits great.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

191145 wrote:I await tomorrow with trepidation. The M was too big, and I'm betting the S will be too little. Maybe they can find a bigger small or a smaller medium. You see how my mind is looping on this? The truck comes tomorrow at 2:30. Wish me luck - I really want this to work, because since I lost weight the Wested is too big to wear.
If the S is too small, maybe a S long will do? :-k
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Gringo wrote:I have been doing the WOW for the last week Sarge! Looks like the large long will do me fine. I need another jacket like I need a hole in the head, where is that drill??? I LOVE THAT LEATHER! Thanks from the heart.
My Wife knows me better than anyone and She still does not understand why I have My Indy Jacket over my chair in my home office...."I Love that Leather"
Sarge
Gringo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Gringo »

I'm glad you like that line Sarge. I used to sell Willis and Geiger leathers back in the 80s. Not my first choice, but I love captialism(for which are service men and women fight for) and the price at that time was right, and Burt Avedon was a really nice guy(Naval Aviator). It did not work out because of his employees. Not him! He was mad when he found out what they did to me. But it was to late to fix.

Back on topic, Is your large a 26" sleeve length??? Or do I need a long.

I hope you are well.

Cheers,
Gringo(Billy)
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Gringo wrote:I'm glad you like that line Sarge. I used to sell Willis and Geiger leathers back in the 80s. Not my first choice, but I love captialism(for which are service men and women fight for) and the price at that time was right, and Burt Avedon was a really nice guy(Naval Aviator). It did not work out because of his employees. Not him! He was mad when he found out what they did to me. But it was to late to fix.

Back on topic, Is your large a 26" sleeve length??? Or do I need a long.

I hope you are well.

Cheers,
Gringo(Billy)
Thank you for asking about my health.. 70 and still here!!My Doctor said as long as I stay active with COW and the Fans I will be around for another 20 plus years...
I always ask the same question... What is Your Height and Weight ? BTW Burt Avedon and I did trade shows together way back when!! Loved His ascots.

Regards,
Sarge
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Would you guys with large and XL please post pit to pit ,and sleeve length measurements .......thanks
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Hatch wrote:Would you guys with large and XL please post pit to pit ,and sleeve length measurements .......thanks
My XL pit to pit is 26" Sorry I don't have sleeve measurements right now.
Gringo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Gringo »

Thanks Sarge! I will PM ya so I dont use up posting space. I did not know, but I had a weird feeling you knew Burt. Funny. Talk soon and thank you again. glad to hear you are feeling fine. Cheers.

Billy

Forgot to say, Yep, we are not here for along time,but we are here for a good time. Its fun ha?
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Sgt. wrote:My Doctor said as long as I stay active with COW and the Fans I will be around for another 20 plus years...
### Straight!
(- is what architects say when they successfully designs one of those "non-curving"... style....of...... dams........)

:[
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Sgt. wrote: Thank you for asking about my health.. 70 and still here!!My Doctor said as long as I stay active with COW and the Fans I will be around for another 20 plus years...

Really? My doctor said this place is killing me! :lol:
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

So I am wondering what size should I get? (if it is that I swing one)

I am 6' 197
Chest 43/44
waist 34/35 both those true measurements
And I have kind of longer arms (16/ 34/35 in shirts) but have a higher waist.
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

Sgt. Hack; you hit the jackpot this time! Yes, the S is a little snug in the midriff, but I need to drop ten more pounds. All problems of the now-giant Wested are addressed. The 'Hero' is longer and doesn't flip up in front. The shoulder seam is just off the shoulder, not way off. The back vents do not bellow. The sleeves are just right, and the underarm seam is placed so that the jacket doesn't 'spread' as bad with an arm raised. Basically, the S fits me about like a sport coat in 42S or R (I'm in-between, depends on the coat) which is my size now. I was a 44 a couple years ago. As soon as I get the collar trained I'll be in business, and I'm already waiting for Fall. Thanks for working with me and the others on getting the right fit.

Whipcracker; based on my experience, I would suggest a Medium for you. What the heck, if it's too small you can turn it in for a Large, but I doubt you'll need it. I'm somewhat shortwaisted and 5-8, 180, 32 sleeve, and the medium swallowed me up. If you get the one I had, I bet it works. I could overlap it a total of 6" in the midriff and the sleeves were long and the shoulders were too wide.

I think I'll get my personal assistant (the old lady) to take some pictures of me in the USW and the Wested and post them soon.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

whipcracker wrote:So I am wondering what size should I get? (if it is that I swing one)

I am 6' 197
Chest 43/44
You and I are about dead on as far as measurements (not sure about the arm length though). My large fits PERFECTLY!

Travis
Gringo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Gringo »

If you do not mind, what is your jackets sleeve length Travis. It seems the large will fit me, I just have not heard of sleeve. Maybe I missed it.Thanks.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Hollowpond wrote:
whipcracker wrote:So I am wondering what size should I get? (if it is that I swing one)

I am 6' 197
Chest 43/44
You and I are about dead on as far as measurements (not sure about the arm length though). My large fits PERFECTLY!

Travis
Travis I am 6ft and my weight is 195Lbs and waist is 36/ Shirt 35 in. and I take a size Large and don't know how I look but most say I will pass... Wife thinks I am out of shape but so is HF.... Like they say the Jacket makes the man.. I feel great.

Sarge
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Is anyone getting the jacket without snaps? Just wondering and if so, any pics? Thanks! :TOH:
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

As far as I know Bink and I are. I'm sure there will be others.

I'll post pics as soon as mine arrives.

-TS
jamesdell
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by jamesdell »

John Vaughan wrote:23 1/2" on mine

John

Thanks John, that's what I was looking for. If anyone else has measured the front length of their jacket I'd be interested, since there seems to be some variability in the construction.

James
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

whipcracker i have the same sizes as you basically, and i felt i needed to upgrade to the possible larges with longs sleeves that sarge is trying to do. Jacket just fit me right with the sleeves , but as it wears in i felt it would get short.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

This is why I hate this place :D
I wasn't going to.....really.....but I just ordered one myself. I could not resist that price!
Aaaaaaarrrgghhhh!!!!!
Now I will be anxiously waiting!!!! [-o<
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

nicktheguy wrote:This is why I hate this place :D
I wasn't going to.....really.....but I just ordered one myself. I could not resist that price!
Aaaaaaarrrgghhhh!!!!!
It's well worth the wait, my friend!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

crismans wrote:
nicktheguy wrote:This is why I hate this place :D
Aaaaaaarrrgghhhh!!!!!
It's well worth the wait, my friend!
I have to agree. It's an extraordinary jacket that begs to be worn and used hard, and at the current price simply cannot be matched.
gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

I was on the fence but the free shipping pushed me over to the dark side of owning more than one Indy jacket again. I love my Nowak CS but it's too fitted to wear with a sweatshirt and too short to wear with an untucked shirt. I'm pretty sure the Large long will become my go to every day jacket. I've wanted to try a US Wings jacket for a while because I've heard nothing but good things about them. I did order a G1 from them but it was the Cockpit label so unsure if they have anything to do with the production of those- #### of a nice jacket BTW! Anyway a jacket this cool for under $200 are you kidding me. So how does the grain on these look up close an in person? The pictures I've seen look real nice.
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

Take the pics you've seen X 10. Trust me, photos, no matter how good the artist is, don't do it justice.

John
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

gladd96 wrote:I was on the fence but the free shipping pushed me over to the dark side of owning more than one Indy jacket again. I love my Nowak CS but it's too fitted to wear with a sweatshirt and too short to wear with an untucked shirt. I'm pretty sure the Large long will become my go to every day jacket. I've wanted to try a US Wings jacket for a while because I've heard nothing but good things about them. I did order a G1 from them but it was the Cockpit label so unsure if they have anything to do with the production of those- #### of a nice jacket BTW! Anyway a jacket this cool for under $200 are you kidding me. So how does the grain on these look up close an in person? The pictures I've seen look real nice.
Thank you for your Business... Now for the rest of the Story... I make jackets for other compaines!! Meaning we do Pvt. Label.
I honetly feel the Indy Hero jacket is the best deal on the Planet!!Where else can you get a Hand Made Indy Grade A leather Jacket.. A Gift Card.. US Military Made in the USA Web Belt.. a US Wings Cap along with Free Shipping for only $ 195.00 plus no sales tax...outside the state of Ohio..When all is said and done I want You and every Fan wearing Our Hero Indy.. If nothing else just running through the woods having Fun.. There is a little Indy in all of us and I am 70 years old..
Sarge