Show us your US Wings Antique COW Hero jackets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Sgt.
Vendor

Re: Show us your US Wings Antique COW Hero jackets

Post by Sgt. »

Sounds like Your Father and I are in the same boat!
I ran into this lady at church the other day and She said.. Are you Blind.. I said No But just about! My Wife just about lost it.....

Regards,
Sarge
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Arca Perdida wrote:Hey, Scot

can you tell me what your Small's sleeve measurements are from shoulder seam to cuff as well as the shoulder's from the collar to the shoulder seam? I'm about the same height and weight as you and my Medium feels baggy, but the sleeves are just right, could actually be longer (they ride up quite a bit with arms forward). I'm thinking of exchanging mine for a Small or a Small Long, depending on the sleeve length.
Looking good :tup:
Arca I measured each sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff twice, right sleave 24"-24 1/8", left sleeve 24 1/8"-24 1/4".

Collar seam to shoulder seam, again measured twice, was 6 1/4" on both sides of the jacket.

To the rest of you who have posted pictures, the jackets look fantastic.

To those of you who haven't posted pics, WHY??? Let's see those pictures!
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

got my jacket today. Although its as beautiful a piece of hide as everyone has said, the sizing is bugging me some. Mostly in the sleeves too. I agree, the size of the upper arm is pretty large, and i have decent arms from working out. I guess it was made to accommodate even larger guys. Im also a bit bugged about the sleeve length. Im not sure if the signature series charts that are now posted with the jacket is right or not.

Measured seem of sleeve at shoulder, down to the wrist and on both its about 24.5-25 almost and this is a LARGE that i own. What do other Large owners have for sleeve length? The sleeves are the thing really keeping me from liking this jacket. Im 6'1 200lbs, 44 chest, 34 waist.

Please let me know sleeve lengths for other bros so i can figure this out. Would love to keep her, shes beautiful for sure. Almost feel like i should have a MEDIUM for the body though, just so its a tad bit tigher, and it seems the sleeves were the same as mine now anyways.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Hey Scot,
Sorry, no pics yet, till early next week. What is the pit-to-pit measurement for your Small jacket? Back length? Just curious because I am also considering a Small, although there is a lot I like about my Medium jacket.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Indakin,
Well, my Medium jacket would be a snug fit on you, since it measures 23 inches pit-to-pit. This may be one of Wing's smallest Medium jackets though, as that was what I requested. Also, I was really happy to discover the back length at only 26 inches.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Forrest For the Trees wrote:Hey Scot,
Sorry, no pics yet, till early next week. What is the pit-to-pit measurement for your Small jacket? Back length? Just curious because I am also considering a Small, although there is a lot I like about my Medium jacket.
Pit to Pit- 22"-22 1/4"

Back length from collar stand to bottom- 26 5/8"

Pocket measurements- 6 7/8" wide by 7 7/8" tall. Measurements are for the pocket only and not the pocket flap.
Rick Deckard
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Rick Deckard »

Please post.. You do not need anything what so ever.. The Pass word is I am a member of COW and I want to exchange my Hero Jacket for... Your name and where you want UPS to pick your Hero up and just put a note inside the box exchange for.. Your name and address and do you wish to sign for the jacket or not...on the outside of the box write COW member... That cuts all the red tape cut and dry.

Regards,
Sarge
PS Make sure to give us your e-mail address.
Sarge asked me to post the above PM. After all that, I'm exchanging for an XL. I gave Myke and Sarge my measurements in an e-mail and a letter I am including with the jacket and asked them to pick the best XL for me - they vary in size somewhat, which I think is becoming obvious based upon the different measurements people have been posting.

The L is just too fitted. It almost feels like a motorcycle jacket and I don't quite get that Indy feel from such a fitted jacket. As Holt's new thread demonstrates, the jacket was a bit loose without being baggy.

Anyway, the exchange could not be easier. I'm dropping it off tomorrow at a UPS store to get it on its way sooner, and some time next week I should have my XL...at no additional cost to me whatsoever! That is quite remarkable. :notworthy:
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Hey Indakin, can we see the jacket on you? If it doesn't fit the way you want, Sarge will take care of the exchange with no hassle, but we can at least give you an honest opinion to consider. I think it's been great to see loose fitting jackets here; I think it's more like the movie jackets.

I neglected to post this before. Scott, you made the right call on that one, that jacket looks GREAT! And Chewbacca, I think that's your best jacket to date, even better than you Wings black goat. Excellent!

Weston
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

put together that comparison shot. From looking at other bros seems like i could maybe handle the long size, which would give me an extra inch in the sleeves, and some body length, which i dont really need but it wouldnt hurt. Compaired to both my todds and wested, the shoulder lengths are smaller. The sleeve length feels ok, but usually feels more bearably ok. Leather is great, jacket is great, im just not loving the fit so much. Im guessing with time, wearing, and working the jacket in the sleeves might adjust. But looking at most movie stills, even with wrinkles in the sleeves, ford usually had some sleeve covering his hands, and i really dont get that here. I know some bros sleeves are too big, but i think mine are a bit too small.

Im 6'1 200 lbs, 44 chest, 34 waist.

What do you guys think?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Bryan,

I think it looks great on you!!
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

thanks, i still think id like to have another inch in the sleeves though. This one just barely hits the top of my hands.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Indakin, the sleeves will ride up a little as the jacket breaks in. Given the current sleeve length, I'd exchange it for a long.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Yes, it looks to me like the length of the sleeves is the only trouble point for you on that. Otherwise it looks great!!!!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indakin wrote:Image

put together that comparison shot. From looking at other bros seems like i could maybe handle the long size, which would give me an extra inch in the sleeves, and some body length, which i dont really need but it wouldnt hurt. Compaired to both my todds and wested, the shoulder lengths are smaller. The sleeve length feels ok, but usually feels more bearably ok. Leather is great, jacket is great, im just not loving the fit so much. Im guessing with time, wearing, and working the jacket in the sleeves might adjust. But looking at most movie stills, even with wrinkles in the sleeves, ford usually had some sleeve covering his hands, and i really dont get that here. I know some bros sleeves are too big, but i think mine are a bit too small.

Im 6'1 200 lbs, 44 chest, 34 waist.

What do you guys think?
I like the way it looks But you must have some long arms! If it was me I would exchnage it for a Large long..This is what I look for in a Indy Style Jacket.. Comfort first and How I like it .. 2nd will it hold up with the test of time! 3rd what do my friends think about my Jacket! 4th how offten will I wear it !5th how much am I paying for it! ... A jacket is like a pair of shoes.. It is all about the feel! I wear my jacket shopping.. church.. out to the movies.. in my car, out to eat with my family and or friends.. My Jacket is part of my personality and my 2nd skin.

Regards,
Sarge
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

thanks for the input guys. I think i can wait the 3 or so weeks now and get the longer size. Thanks too Sarge.
Prescott
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prescott »

I'm with Sarge on this one. A new Indy jacket sleeve should come to the first knuckle of your thumb when your arm is at rest. The sleeve will ride up a bit over time as it forms around your elbow. While I suspect that this leather will be more resistant to the ride up effect due to how it was prepared before cutting, it will still shorten a bit. Plus the long will do a better job when your arms are extended. Not to worry, Sarge will take care of you. It will be difficult to wrap it up, send it back and wait for a long but it will be worth it.

-P-
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Prescott wrote:I'm with Sarge on this one. A new Indy jacket sleeve should come to the first knuckle of your thumb when your arm is at rest. The sleeve will ride up a bit over time as it forms around your elbow. While I suspect that this leather will be more resistant to the ride up effect due to how it was prepared before cutting, it will still shorten a bit. Plus the long will do a better job when your arms are extended. Not to worry, Sarge will take care of you. It will be difficult to wrap it up, send it back and wait for a long but it will be worth it.

-P-
Well said... He is in the drivers seat!
Sarge
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Add me to the list that think a long would work better. Leather sleeves, of course, will shorten when you start getting those nice wrinkles in them, so if you're concerned about length now, that will only be exacerbated.

If you get the long and, after it shortens, the sleeves are a little too long, it's a simple process to get them taken in a bit.

Pretty hard to lengthen them. ;)
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

i agree, my new todds wrinkles so well in the sleeves and is not just a bit longer than my wrists, which is perfect given it does have the wrinkles already. My wested is a bit wrinkled (its goat and hard to do) and the sleeves are a great length too. Can only imagine how well this Wings will wear in over time, very beautiful. Def an inbetween for my todds and wested in weight as well.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Here are a few quick pics of mine. The zipped pic was too blurry and I didn't realize it until I started uploading. I wish the back picture had been blurry as well. Where did all of my lovely hair go over the years?!? :shock:

Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Looks like a perfect fit to me Crismans!

Weston
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

crismans wrote:Here are a few quick pics of mine. The zipped pic was too blurry and I didn't realize it until I started uploading. I wish the back picture had been blurry as well. Where did all of my lovely hair go over the years?!? :shock:
I have about a foot of hair I can send ya, just about the same color too :P
Oh and per Sarge,
This is the Company that we send all of our High Profile customers to along with all Movie Studios .. For those customers that like the US Wings Jackets but want that extra custom look without spending the big bucks!
http://www.arrowleathercare.com/

:TOH: John
Last edited by John Vaughan on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

crismans wrote:Here are a few quick pics of mine. The zipped pic was too blurry and I didn't realize it until I started uploading. I wish the back picture had been blurry as well. Where did all of my lovely hair go over the years?!? :shock:

Now I really like the look... You have room to move around in... Class act all the way!! Love that leather.. What more can anyone ask for !! Just stay out of Hollywood.
Regards,
Sarge
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Show off! :lol:

And thanks for the compliments and thanks to Sarge for making this available. Terrific jacket and a terrific price.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Weston wrote:Looks like a perfect fit to me Crismans!
I agree completely!
Lookin' GOOD, crismans!
Another lovely addition to your collection of jackets.
:TOH:
John Vaughan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by John Vaughan »

crismans wrote:
Show off! :lol:

And thanks for the compliments and thanks to Sarge for making this available. Terrific jacket and a terrific price.
The jacket totally looks good on ya Bro. :tup:

:TOH:
John
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

That jacket looks really good on you! ;)
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Crismans, that leather looks awesome. The color is spot-on!!!

Enjoy it!!!

-TS
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Thanks gentlemen! :TOH:
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

yea have to agree fits you very well. I ended up selling my to my friend out here, and will be getting another from Srg. in a longer sleeve length option he is making a few of. I know how good this jacket is now and I can wait..... but still not sure if i want snaps or not now!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Keep in mind during Fall/Winter when an icey cold, stiff wind blows past your jacket and your storm flap whips open in the wind, you'll suddenly realize WHY snaps are our friend in inclimate weather.

Just say'ng..... ;)

Regard !Michaelson
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

hmmmm...... yea the desert of LA can do that.... gets pretty darn cold at nights during that part of the year. I think ill keep the snaps then... GOSH. :)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michaelson wrote:you'll suddenly realize WHY snaps are our friend in inclimate weather.

Just say'ng..... ;)

Regard !Michaelson
Non-Raider's Screen Accurate friends I might add ;) :lol:

-TS
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Tennessee Smith wrote: Non-Raider's Screen Accurate friends I might add ;) :lol:

-TS
But LC screen accurate friends, who match the big LC accurate collar to block the wind - yes! :whip:
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:
Tennessee Smith wrote: Non-Raider's Screen Accurate friends I might add ;) :lol:

-TS
But LC screen accurate friends, who match the big LC accurate collar to block the wind - yes! :whip:
FYI...
Neil Cooper and I are going back into a 50/50 % business partnership with making the Indy Jackets and with that said He will then post His thread and will answer questions and post His views... Just give it time !!
Remember _ did say " Calf" I said Naked Cow !!Neil and I will be making Jackets for the Fans.... and as always Michaelson will get the first sample.
Sarge
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

Rick; I think you already have your jacket, but you need to let out the sides all the way.

There was a comment on how great Weston's collar looked; that's because either he rolled it down or it came that way - most of them come with the collar 'in the raw' and you have to 'train' it. Just roll it down almost all the way to the stand seam, then zip up the coat and let it sit a few days (should be no problem in this heat). Then, just pay attention to it when you start wearing it and correct it when needed. Soon it'll be set and you can forget about it.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Sgt. wrote:.... and as always Michaelson will get the first sample.
Sarge
:shock:

:notworthy:
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michaelson wrote:
Sgt. wrote:.... and as always Michaelson will get the first sample.
Sarge
:shock:

:notworthy:
Lucky Dog!!!

Just like that guy at Publix that eat's all those Boar's Head samples before I get there!!!!!

;) :lol:

-TS
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Okay, here are some pics of my Medium jacket, as promised:

Jacket zipped:
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac20 ... Wings1.jpg

Jacket unzipped:
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac20 ... Wings2.jpg

Jacket back:
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac20 ... Wings3.jpg

Notice that the back is only 26 inches in length, which makes a big difference in my opinion. The sleeves are a touch long, and the chest is too roomy, but otherwise the look and fit are quite good. I may order a Small to compare, but I will not be returning this to Wings. I like it too much!
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

It looks like it fits you very well Forrest. :tup:
Last edited by scot2525 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Yeah, it's funny, Scot. My Medium seems to fit like your Small. You and I are about the same size, roughly. I think there is some variation to the sizing of each jacket. I specified in my order form and through several e-mails with Sarge that I wanted as small a Medium that they had. Wings really pulled through for me and sent me a jacket that is a pretty good fit. I guess I would be concerned that if I ordered a Small, it would actually end up being very similar to the Medium I already have.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Looks great to me Forrest! Your going to be glad you have a little extra room and sleeve length now. Down the road, that changes.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the leather contracting, not Forrest expanding!

Weston
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

SURE you are. :CR:

Regards! Michaelson
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Ha, ha. No, I can't seem to expand even if I wanted to. I still have the metabolism of a 15 year old (not complaining). As long as I keep running, it seems I will always be a skinny mid-distance runner. My two Wested jackets fit like wet-suit next to the Wings, though. But, wearing a wool sweater under those Westeds has never been comfortable. So, I guess this is my winter jacket.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I used say the SAME thing. As I've aged, I found out just how wrong a guy could be! #-o

Regards! Michaelson
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Forest...that jacket looks perfect on ya, man!

Keep runnin', too, dude! It's good for what ails ya!

Later!
Indydawg
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

i think it looks great. Sleeve length you have is what im trying to get next time around. Thankfully sarge is likely doing some longer sleeved versions in a few weeks! They will ride up over time too so just wait.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indiana Holt wrote:Rick. that jacket looks perfect on you. the jacket also seem alittle shorther then 27'' is it?

I asked Hack if there were a Large that is shorter then 27'' hopefully I will get one that is [-o<
Rick I am with Indiana Holt...I like it and shows that personality that most want!! Wished I looked that good wearing my own Indy.. Oh to be 50 years younger.
Sarge
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

its all in the mind Sarge. you are as old as your mind tells you you are. 70 is nothing. I know a few guys who are close to 100 and if they would speak to you they would say. ''now listen young man'' :lol: